• Published 25th Feb 2014
  • 1,785 Views, 44 Comments

Living in Equestria - DarkieDwakkie



The story is about a guy named Daniel who ends up in Equestria by unknown means, he's both confused and frightened by his situation and many other things, but he'll come to live with it Who would pass up a chance for such friendship?

  • ...
12
 44
 1,785

Chapter 1 - An unexplained arrival.

It was just a typical night, nothing all that eventful but still rather tiresome and empty. I lived alone in a small apartment in a rather quiet town. It wasn't much but it was enough to live with at least. It was big enough for me to stay in and that was all that mattered. I never really had anyone over or went out to bars, clubs or other social gatherings, the social part of life wasn't something I was really good with, I was mostly quiet and kept to myself. I just went out to fulfil my job's demand and occasionally for shopping when it was needed but I didn't find myself going out for much else.

Things were getting slightly eventful though as I had plans to spend some time away on holiday. It wasn't anything too special but I needed some time away from my job to relax. I didn't do much after getting home today aside from packing one of my bags with some personal things. I intended to pack more in the suitcase but work today had left me drained, so I just slumped my backpack on the bed for now and once the night had finally struck, I decided to just go to sleep, I didn't even bother to get undressed. It wasn't long after lying on my bed that I felt my consciousness drifting away.

Instead of my usual instances of just waking up without recalling whether I had dreamt or not, this time I could see the dream I was having, I was even aware that I was dreaming for once. I had heard of such rare occurrences but I had never experienced such a thing for myself. I felt myself just laying there, drifting with a warm feeling enveloping me. It was just a pleasant feeling that I couldn't explain, it was just there. And I was just there to enjoy it as far as I could tell. Dreams were always strange things to me.

My dream however was abruptly cut short, a cold breeze brushed against my face sending a chill through me. "Uugh.." The abrupt awakening caused me to yawn and rub my face in the midst of my groans. After a moment of grunting and stretching in place, I rose my upper body up so I could sit in place. My eyes found themselves adjusting to the bright sunlight and when they did, I found myself outside in an alley way no less.

"..What?"

My mind was full of confusion and anxiety. Why am I outside? Where am I? What's going on? So many questions ran through my head to no avail. The only thing I did find was that my backpack had accompanied me. A quick rummage through it had shown that nothing had been taken from it. My bag had contained my ipod4, full of various songs in preparation for the trip, my handheld gaming devices the 3DS and Vita with a travel case with some games, clothes I couldn't fit into my main suitcase and a small plush toy resembling Bowser from the Mario series. It felt a little embarrassing taking a plush toy with me, but it was a gift from some years back that I just didn't want to get rid of. I had everything I needed to fufill my dorky interests and pass times. At least that was something.

I slowly lifted myself up onto my feet. My body was feeling a bit stiff - most likely from lying on the ground for who knows how long. I picked up my backpack and slung it over my back before heading out of the alley. I kept trying to convince myself that things were going to be fine and that this was just some big bizarre mistake but I struggled to really believe it. The surprises didn't end their either.

Upon exiting the alley, I saw something I couldn't believe at all. There were ponies. Walking, talking ponies were going about their daily business right before my eyes. I couldn't believe what I was witnessing, there was no way this could be real... And yet I found myself standing here and seeing it, my mind couldn't comprehend what was going on and it didn't have much time to give it any thought. My trail of thought was quickly cut off when I heard someone scream. My eyes darted towards the direction of the scream, only to find it was a Pony who was looking and pointing right at me.

"I-Its a monster! Run for your lives!"

I was taken aback at what I just heard but before I could even think to respond to it, the other ponies nearby were running amok and yelling. I was struggling to process everything that was going on and it would seem that I would have to put any questions and time to look around to the side as another voice catches my attention.

"Halt! Stay where you are!"

The voice sounded firm but I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being talked to by some 'surfer dude'. When in actuality, it was a white stallion, roughly at stomach height and donning purple coloured armour with bits of blue hair sticking out of his helm, matching his tail. Standing beside him were 2 other stallions, both white in colour as well but wearing a golden armour instead. I couldn't help but stare at them in confusion.

The three of them were charging towards me, their voices bellowing with them. "In the name of Celestia I order you stand down and come quietly!"

Are..Are they going to arrest me? No, I can't let them do that, I haven't a clue what they'd do with a 'thing' such as myself and I didn't want to find out. So I ran, I ran as fast as I could in whatever feeble attempts I have to escape, all the while I could hear the sounds of their hooves against the ground and their voices continuing to yell things at me. I had no idea how long I had been running but I was already starting to lose wind and speed. My physical abilities were a weak point for me and it was coming to bite me in the ass for it. I couldn't run any more, I had to stop. So I did the only thing I could do. I slowed down to a steady halt, got down on me knees and rose my hands into the air in hopes they'd accept my attempt at surrender and wouldn't harm me.

Author's Note:

Greetings to you all and if you are by chance reading this. Then I thank you for taking a look at my story so far! Be sure to let me know what you think. I know the whole HiE thing has been done alot but I've been wanting to do one of my own for quite a while, so much so that its been bugging me. I hope to make something interesting out of it for you.