• Published 27th Jul 2014
  • 416 Views, 5 Comments

Night time Eternal - TayLu



Luna was the first born and ruled over her kingdom of Bat Ponies, Unibats, and Groundbats. The moon shone light over all of the land, the sun blazed heat during the day. But when you're younger you want all the attention.

  • ...
 5
 416

Left in the Dark

Luna came running over to see the newborn foal. Held in her mother’s arms lay a tiny white alicorn with a wavy pink mane. Just like Luna’s a couple years ago. Soon she will have a flowing mane that of the sun, for the little foal was Celestia.


“Come on you can do it! Almost there!” Cheered Luna.
“Almost---arg---GOT IT!” Cried Tia happily.
“Good job Tia! LOOK!” Said Luna as she pointed to Celestia’s flank.*gasp* “MY CUTIEMARK! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!” Shouted Tia.

Upon Celestia’s flank lay a cutie mark of a sun. Luna’s was a moon, Tia’s was a sun. For a long while Luna almost raised the moon for the precious night, and Celestia raised the sun for burning-hot day. Tia, of course, did not mind that her day was considered ‘annoying’ by her prized subjects. Instead she looked at the ‘bright side’ (the puns, oh the puns) and saw that some animals and plant life relied on her day.


But darkness still follows…


The Grand Array of Stars was a yearly event where all the ponies whether they are Groundbat, Unibat, or Bat pony can gather in harmony. This year’s theme was a classic Dancing under the Stars layout.
Luna loved her sister, but sometimes she needed to take a break. Still young ponies actually liked to see her fool around, and Celestia didn’t mind the attention either.

“YA PUT YOUR LEFT HOOF IN, YOU TAKE YOUR LEFT HOOF OUT, YA PUT YOUR LEFT HOOF IN A YOU SHAKE IT ALL A’BOUT! YOU DO THE PONY POLKA AND YOU GIVE SHOUT! THAT’S WHAT IT’S ALL ABOUT!” Yelled, not sung, but yelled Celestia.

The crowd applauded her as she went back down to her seat next to Luna. Celestia loved the attention, but wanted more… Every year from then on she sang a song.


When she was older she once again sung the Pony Polka. Luna was talking to the cooks about when the grass fondue was going to be served.

“AND THAT’S WHAT IT’S ALL ABOUT!”

But the ponies did not applaud. They simply thought Celestia was, well, being an idiot.

“Hey why aren’t you applauding!?” silence… “I SAID APPLAUD OR BY LUNA I WILL DESTROY YOU TO PARTICLES!”

An unbelievably loud collection of cheers, claps, and whistles filled the room and echoed back, not a single smile to be found.
“Wow Tia you must have sung pretty well! That’s my little sis!” Said Luna
“Aww it was nothing’!” Replied Celestia as she skipped off to her seat near the stage.

Suddenly a Unibat awkwardly walked up to Luna and stared towards Celestia quite often. “Princess Luna, please! While you were in the kitchen, Celestia-“

“Hey Luna! Look at me!” Said Celestia as she was flying towards her.

“Hey Tia great job! But please settle down.”

“Ugg fine…”

“Now what was that Nightflower-“ But the Unibat was gone.


It was a crisp evening on a winter night. Celestia was rather upset due to the fact that she couldn't attend a celebration, even though she totally didn't steal cake! She really didn't! None the less she was stuck in her room. Celestia jumped around on her bed, bounced of the door, flew from the ceiling to the floor, and she was still bored! Finally she came up with a plan to get some attention.

"WAAAAAAA! *Sniff* *Sniff* WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Sobbed Celestia.

"Princess! Whatever is so wrong!" Asked the Servant as she burst into the room.

"The *SNIFF* fell on m-m-my *SNIFF* head when I-I-I *Sniff* flying a-and the-the i-it HURT! WAAA!" Wailed Celestia.

"Oh! Oh, oh okay I'll get your sister right away!" Said the Servant.

"NO! I wanna go see her!" Cried Celestia.

"You will though!" said the Servant.

"I-WANNA-COME-WITH-YOU-AND-SEE-HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!" Screamed Celestia, "IF YOU DON'T TAKE ME TO THAT FESTIVAL I WAS TORTURE YOU UNTIL YOU'RE ON THE BRINK OF DEATH THEN MAKE YOU IMMORTAL SO THOU SHALL BE FOREVER IN PAIN!"

"R-right away then! C-come a-along!" Said the Servant fearfully.

"Yay!" Said Celestia, "Maybe I won't brutally kill you when I overthrow my sister from the throne!"

"W-WHAT?!"

"NOTHING, NOW SHUT UP OR I WILL TEAR YOUR MANE OUT!"

"A-and off we go! Heh! Heh heh...."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so then I said- TIA!?" Said Luna.

"Hey sis! So what were you talking about?" Asked Celestia.

"Something you shouldn't, and thank mother you didn't, hear! Now I told you to stay in your room, who took you down here!?" Demanded Luna.

"She did!" Said Celestia happily as she pointed to the Maid, "She said that it was okay for me to come down and party!"

"DARKFALL! THOU KNOWS NOT TO BRING DAUGHTER OF THE SUN TO THE WINTER MOON FESTIVAL!"

"But m-my princess-" whimpered the Servant.

" Erm, my apologizes for shouting, but thou knows that that it is unceremonious to have the Daughter of the Sun appear at the Moon's strongest day! Take Celestia back inside and I will deal with you later."

" Yeah! And don't lie to me next time slav- I mean servant!" Sneered Celestia.

" And Celestia," Luna said sternly, " don't think that you got of the hook on this one too."

" Huh?" Celestia said dumbly.

" Don't act like a fool young princess! I know very well that I told your personal servant and caretaker to not let you come out here. I assume that you lied to her that there was a more pressing matter to see me for?"

" No! I would never lie!" Said Celestia.

"I see... Darkfall my apologizes once more, you are relived of your duties for tonight. As for everyone I'll will be right back."

Luna grabbed Celestia by the ear with her magic and guided her back into the castle.

Comments ( 5 )

It's an interesting concept with the whole role reversal. However the story seems to be a tad bit rushed and the scene shifts are jarring. I recomend slowing down a bit and working on the pacing. Other than that good work. Have a like and a mustache :moustache:

Comment posted by Nuke deleted Feb 19th, 2015

4760743 Thank you for the input! I will try to work on that :)

But when your younger you want all the attention.

Yeah so uhm, read this back to yourself. It has at least 1 error.

4768398 Thank you so much for catching that! I have fixed it :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment