• Published 19th Feb 2014
  • 818 Views, 8 Comments

Ace Combat: Equestria - TasteTheSun



A crossover parody between My Little Pony and Ace Combat 4 and 6. Rainbow Dash and The Wonderbolts try to fight off an invading army of griffons.This story is told through the eyes of a desperate mother, a colt in occupied Canterlot, and Rainbow Dash

  • ...
2
 8
 818

Mission 2: Field of War

Mission 2: Field of War

A train came to a stop at the station in Canterlot. A griffon in uniform stepped out of the car.

A nearby soldier gave her a salute.

“Commander Gilda ma’am.”

“At ease” she said with annoyance.

The station was empty; parts of the ceilings had collapse.

Through the holes, she could see the waving flags of her country.

Deep down, she didn’t like being part of this war, especially after learning a thing or two about friendship. The only reason she was there was because of the drafting, and due to her excellent flying skills helped her rise up in ranks. Now she was an intelligence officer for their air forces.

“Boy, this place sure is a dump. At least am use to living in one my whole life,” she said. “It could be worse.”

After the long trek to the city, she sat down at a table in an abandoned food court. Nearby, she saw someone else sit down as well, setting his bags next to him.

A few feet away, a small read manned filly slowly crept up towards the bags.

Gilda watched as the filly drew closer and was able to grab a hold of it with her mouth. She quickly jerked it off the ground and bolted in the opposite direction.

She then muffled through the handle “Go fly with the pegasi!” The griffon noticed and quickly chased after her.

Gilda snickered at the hilarious sight. Suddenly, she felt a tug on the briefcase that was handcuffed to her talon.

Looking down, she saw a small colt pulling at it. She quickly jerked it away from him, stumbling him to the ground. He got up and ran off.

“Poor kid,” she sighed while rubbing her talon.

•••

Moving through the throne room, Gilda marveled at the sight. She always wondered what the throne of the palace looked like. She would have been more impressed if it hadn’t been ransacked.

Throughout the castle, all of the priceless artifacts were gone. Strangely enough, they were gone before the kings had even arrived in Canterlot.

It was a shame since every pony, including the griffons were fond of them, which may have explained why the castle went unscathed.

“Oh well, can’t say we earned everything the place had to offer,” she sighed before leaving the room.

***

Mission Briefing:

Rainbow Dash settled into her seat with her brand new uniform and barding. On one side sat her squadron members, and on the other, her friends. To her it was awesome. The lights turned off, a projector came on, and on a screen in front of them was the Equestrian map again. General Ironhoof stood up next to the screen to begin the briefing.

“The air interception op was a complete success and enemy air units around North Pony have been weakened, and we have taken a full advantage of this prime opportunity to initiate a counterattack with all participating forces.”

“It appears the enemy has a greater holding than we thought.”

“Enemy forces have established a wide-scale defensive line at filly field, consisting mostly of battle carriages.”

“Our remaining ground forces are set up to cross the river and penetrate it, and eventually regain control of New Filly and all the islands surrounding North Pony.”

“Wonderbolt Squadron, since our troops are not strong enough yet, we need you to support our advancing ground units, and eliminate all enemy forces, and be sure to pay attention to the airspace above.”

As soon as the lights went on, he went to address to Rainbow Dash. “Rainbow One, I believe this isn’t the first time you were in combat, but I don’t think you’ve participated in a mission of this scale. Do you accept this task?”

“Heck yeah! Bring it on!” she exclaimed.

“Very well,” he nodded.

•••

Mission Start:

The sky was a dim gray color, with light raindrops falling down. The four pegasi were flying high in the sky. Below them were the few carriage battalions moving to the battlefront.

“This is Twilight Sparkle to all forces, we are about to engage enemy units, so get ready.”

“Warlord battalion, we’ll keep the central unit occupied while our friends in the sky help take them out,” one of the battalions called out.

“Steel tip locked and loaded,” another one said.

“Wonderbolt squadron, provide cover for our ground troops and take out all griffon forces,” Twilight ordered.

“Roger that Twilight, you heard the gal, lets move,” Spitfire responded. They were quickly approaching the river where both sides were battling out.

“They got way more guys then us, but like I said, no pressure eh?” Soarin chuckled.

“All of our remaining ground units are down there. I sure hope they’ll be able to push back the enemy,” Rapid Fire said.

“Not unless we don’t help. Lets get on it,” Rainbow said excitedly.

“Sure is the bet of a life time,” Soarin quickly took out his rifle and began picking targets. “Soarin Two, engaging.”

“Use your armor piercing rounds for this. We don’t have the proper weaponry yet to deal with these carriages,” Spitfire ordered.

“If only we had more time to prepare, we would have had them by now,” Rainbow whispered to herself as to not let the others hear her. She took her rifle out and began taking aim as well. “Rainbow One engaging.”

“Be sure to use your radar when the battle gets to heavy. It’ll help you distinguish between targets,” Spitfire addressed to the rainbow mare. She quickly looked at her radar on the side of her leg and saw multiple red dots, and very few blue dots, indicating those on her side.

Ahead of her were several griffons flying in the air. She quickly aligned her sights and immediately shot them down. The other three followed her example.

“This is Warlord, we’re being torn to shreds, but we should be able to contain the main enemy forces across the river. Be sure to blow up anything that moves,” the Warlord battalion announced.

“Steel tip here, we’re moving in to intercept the enemy, requesting support.”

Rainbow Dash heard the request and quickly turned to go aid her comrades below. Soarin quickly joined her incase she needed back up.

“Rainbow One, don’t let enemy forces reach Warlord battalion. Take them out before they cross the river bridge.”

“Copy that,” Rainbow responded. Switching to her armor piercing rounds, she opened fire on the metal plated vehicles. Majority of the bullets pierced through the metal, hitting the griffons inside. This gave the ponies on the ground to move in. While the carriages sat there not doing anything, the guards would climb up, open the hatch, and drop a few explosives in, killing anyone inside.

Others would manage to climb out of the carriages, only to be shot by royal guard.

Rainbow and Soarin continued this process until the started taking fire from bellow. They noticed some anti-air guns on the ground firing off into the air.

Both did their best efforts to evade the oncoming fire.

“This is Rainbow One! They got anti-air guns, we can’t get through!”

“Don’t let up, we must keep them back at all costs,” A griffon from the battle carriages yelled as they tried to keep back their enemies.

“There’s not much time. All battle carriages make quick work of these guys.” Steel tip battalion leader announced.

“Someone take out those AA guns so our air support can push through,” one of the ground leaders ordered.

The Warlord battalion made a quick response by moving to where the guns were.

Far off in the distance, the guns were shooting at the two pegasi fighters. Through the sights of the carriage, the squadron leader aimed at the guns.

“Ready… take aim… FIRE!!!” At the sound of his command, the crew fired a round at the gun. Upon impact, it was completely destroyed.

The gun crew for the other guns took notice and quickly but slowly moved the barrels to aim at the carriage.

“Reload,” the squadron leader commanded.

“Reloading,” the gunman replied inserting another round into the barrel.

“Ready… aim… FIRE!!!” Another gun was destroyed. The carriage battalion worked quickly to destroy the guns. They had to constantly move so that they would not become an easy target.

“At last, the last few guns were destroyed. “AA artillery destroyed. You should have minimal air resistance Wonderbolt Squadron,” the Warlord leader radioed in.

Rainbow Dash sighed with relief as she continued with her primary objective.

After a few loops in the air she made straight shots into the enemy carriages, giving the opportunity for the ground units to go in for the kill. She also aimed her sights at the griffons on the ground firing at the ponies below. She watched as one of the griffon’s head splatter upon impact of her bullet.

“Enemy forces are dropping down to fifty percent! Keep it up, we might just win this,” Steel tip battalion said.

“Those were some real fancy moves Rainbow One. Let’s hurry and take out the rest,” Soarin was impressed by the mares moves.

“Well then, you better keep up!” she made another loop around to repeat the same process.

“Come on, bury those Equestrians. Open fire,” the griffon ground unit ordered.

“Warlord here, we’re advancing across the river. Wonderbolt Squadron, do us a favor and be sure to take out these little pesks that get in our way.”

Both Spitfire and Rapid Fire regrouped with the other two members of their group.

“There’s not much resistance in the air. Rainbow One, you stay up here and help pick targets off while the rest of us go down and help our boys on the ground,” Spitfire commanded. Rainbow Dash nodded as she took off while the others headed towards the ground.

“The Warlord Battalion is a small scale unit so don’t let the enemy surround them. They’ll need all the help you got.”

With that, Rainbow took cover behind a cloud and began firing multiple shots into the carriages so that they would hit the griffons inside.

One by one the carriages stopped, eventually being destroyed.

“Keep firing, take out the oncoming battle carriage battalion,” the griffon battalion leader commanded.

“These birdies have no skills. This should be a piece of cake,” Soarin presumed as he used one of the carriages for cover while taking out multiple enemy ground units.

Both the battalions and the ground units were making progress. They were now crossing the main bridge to the other side.

“We’re almost through. Focus all of your fire power on whatever’s after the battle carriages,” Spitfire did so by firing at some griffons who were attack them.

“Finish them off as soon as we cross the bridge. Better to take them out all at ounce,” the warlord battalion leader said.

“Half of the enemy is down. I doubt they’ll be able to get through.” Rapid Fire said.

“Our fire power is far superior than ours. This is a disgrace,” the griffon said. He would choke on his own words after a bullet went through his skull.

A thought came to mind as to how Rainbow could help finish this battle quicker. Using the same tactic as before, she flew above and around so that she was behind the enemy.

After picking targets, she commenced her sneak attack and fired at the enemies below. This decimated their forces much more.

“They’re after you from behind, spread out!” the squadron leader from the ground said. All of them did just that.

Rainbow Dash made due by helping to take out the enemy units along with those on her side.

“The enemy siege is collapsing, now is our chance,” Soarin pointed out, with another push, they reached the other side of the bridge.

“All battle carriages, focus your fire dead ahead,” the leader for the Steel tip battalion ordered.

There were a lot of enemy units and battle carriages on the other side, but the ponies felt confident they could take it. It was their land, and the griffons had no right to take it from them.

“I want all remaining ground forces to spread out. We must prevent further losses,” a griffon leader announced for his comrades to follow.

Rainbow Dash was simply taking targets out with ease. This was posing a great problem or the opposing side.

“Equestrian pegasi fighter is picking off our units, we need aerial support,” with that, several griffons took the sky.

“Oh boy,” Rainbow watched as several griffons were flying at her.

“This doesn’t look good,” Steel tip battalion continued trying to hold off the enemy.

“No, we can do this,” Soarin called out amidst the sound of battle going on around him. He desperately attempted to return fire.

Rainbow Dash tried to avoid the griffon fighters and focused on the enemy carriages. Amidst her aimless firing, she seemed to have struck the gem that was powering the carriage. After a moment, the carriage blew up instantly.

Everyone took not of this. “Quick, aim for where the power gem would be,” the Steel tip leader announced. Everyone aimed at the area where the power gem was. After a while, the bullets and artillery penetrated the armor and struck the gem. Exploding the carriage.

Eventually, Steel tip battalion’s area had little resistance. “We’re taking control of this area thanks to our air support,” Steel tip leader said.

“I know we can rely on their help,” another from the battalion said. “We’re moving in to attack main enemy forces to the west.”

“They can’t handle us! Time to burn these bastards,” Soarin cried as he moved forward.

“Don’t get to cocky Soarin Two,” Spitfire remarked.

Rainbow Dash then turned to deal with the griffons after her.

“Damn this pegasus fighter, no one can shoot her down,” the griffon made a point by trying to kill his rival.

Turning to fly backwards, Rainbow shot back at the griffons, killing one in the process.

“Looks like we got a dogfight here,” she exclaimed as she looped around and shot at the second from below him. After readjusting herself she quickly fired at the third and final one.

“Enemy forces are being dealt a heavy blow. All units move in and intercept any remaining forces.”

“They’re not going anywhere. I won’t let them get away,” with that, Rainbow Dash swooped down to deal with the remaining forces.

“Rainbow One, don’t go thinking you can win this war all by yourself,” Spitfire advised. Rainbow chuckled nervously as continued on.

On the ground, the Steel tip battalion went to join up with Warlord battalion, and in perfect time two since they were about to be over whelmed.

“We’re getting shot up!” a pony from Warlord battalion called out.

“They’re trying to get us to weasel out, but not on my watch,” the Steel tip leader said.

As they continued on, a few of the royal guards crept up behind the enemy battle carriages and set off a few grenades where the power gem was, resulting in a quicker demolition.

“Damn, the enemy’s breathing down our backs,” a griffon battalion leader said.

Rainbow Dash did her best to destroy the carriages. Most of them were being destroyed because of her.

“Half of the remaining enemy forces are down.”

“We’re halfway there,” Rainbow remarked.

“I want the carriage battalion to keep up its delaying tactics. We need to fall back,” the griffon battalion leader said.

“They’re retreating! There aren’t many birdies left out here. Let’s finish them off,” Soarin said as he ran up to a nearby griffon and stabbed him in the chest with his knife.

All of the remaining forces were in full retreat with the Equestrians hot on their tails. After taking a few of them out, they managed to surround them. The majority surrendered at the hooves of their enemies.

“The area has been cleared of enemy forces.” Twilight announced. “Mission complete, everyone head back to base.”

Every pony cheered at the victory. “This is one step closer to Canterlot,” Soarin praised. Rainbow Dash descended with sweat pouring down her forehead.

“Well… how’d I do?” she asked in between breaths.

“You did all right, for a rookie,” Spitfire commented. Rainbow rolled her eyes as all of the Equestrian forces made their way back to base.

“Rainbow One, I got a hunch we’ll be going home a lot sooner with you onboard,” Soarin praised the cyan pegasus for her work out in the field.

“I hope so too Soarin Two, I hope so too.”

•••

Mission Debriefing:

“We have completed the mission successfully.”

“Equestrian forces were able to extend to the rest of New Filly Island and securing the rest of North Pony, expanding our power in the area.”

“This mission should show them what our forces are capable of.”