• Published 19th Feb 2014
  • 818 Views, 8 Comments

Ace Combat: Equestria - TasteTheSun



A crossover parody between My Little Pony and Ace Combat 4 and 6. Rainbow Dash and The Wonderbolts try to fight off an invading army of griffons.This story is told through the eyes of a desperate mother, a colt in occupied Canterlot, and Rainbow Dash

  • ...
2
 8
 818

Introduction (Revised)

Ace Combat: Equestria

Introduction

Several years ago, the LunarX11S1E24 Asteroid crashed into the planet's atmosphere, causing it to break apart into large fragments, grazing the sky with an outstanding light show. Unfortunately, no pony knew where it was going to crash. The Griffon Kingdom, formally known as Griffonstone to the east, built a rail gun network called 'Gemstone' to defend themselves, and to destroy the oncoming asteroids, but it was all to no avail, considering that they needed unicorn magic to power the gems in the canons.

The kingdom suffered immense amount of damage, turning many of the griffons there into refugees. Several months later, a civil war broke out in the country. It wasn't until "The Kings" took over and helped the country in getting back up off the ground. The citizens accepted the new military led government, and in no time, they were able to build up in both their military, and their weapons. All of this was done right under the princess’ muzzles. All that was left to rebuild their broken kingdom was new territory, and they knew just the kind of territory they needed.

***

"So, why are we coming to Canterlot again?" Rainbow Dash asked, bored as usual.

"The princess requested a royal summit with all of us," Twilight said, turning towards the edge of her seat to face the cyan pegasus.

All of her friends were on the train to Canterlot to attend Celestia's Annual Royal Summit. It was then that the train was slowing down and coming to a halt. Everyone looked out to see that they had arrived at their destination.

All six ponies got off the train along with the rest of the passengers. The princess herself then greeted them. All six (including Princess Twilight) bowed at the sight of her.

"Greetings every pony, so nice to see you all again," Celestia said, as cheerful as ever.

“Thank you princess. Shall we head for the palace to begin the summit?" Twilight asked.

"Indeed, for we don't want to keep the ponies there waiting." Celestia said as they all left the station, heading towards the palace.

•••

All seven ponies arrived at the palace throne room. Princess Luna greeted them, along with several of the royal delicates. Every pony took a seat at the long table in the middle of the room. Once they were all settled. The Princess began to speak to start the summit.

"Thank you all for coming today. It means a lot to my sister and I. Now, let us begin with-"

KABOOM!!!

The princess was cut off when an explosion went off in the city. Everyone in the room ran towards the windows to see what had happened. They saw multiple flying objects in the sky, dropping bombs all over the city.

"What's going on? What are those?" Twilight asked with a bit of worry in her voice.

Celestia looked closely at the objects flying all over Canterlot. Her eyes went wide and her jaw dropped when she realized what they were.

"Griffons."

***

"Are you sure you have everything Marigold?" I asked my little gold, redheaded daughter.

"Yes mom. I can't wait to go see Canterlot!" She replied excitedly.

I gave her a warm, reassuring smile. All the little colts and fillies were boarding the train to the capital for a field trip today. Marigold was the last to board the train.

"Send my regards to The Princesses! And if you see your father, tell him I said hi!" I told her. She turned to me and nodded.

"Ok, and go fly with a pegasus mom!" She said before disappearing in the train as it began to roll off.

That was our way of saying goodbye. I remember how I would tell that to my husband in frustration. He's a pegasus fighter in the royal guard, which means we don't get to see him much, and whenever he'd have to leave on a mission someplace far away, I would tell him to go fly with his pegasi. Now Marigold says that a lot.

Once I got home, I looked out and even though my house is in Ponyville, I saw a perfect view of Canterlot, along with the bridge used to connect the city with the rest of the land; the same bridge that my daughter's train will be crossing.

It was a nice sunny day, and the music from the radio was a perfect match for it. As I was about to sit down on my deck chair, I hear a faint roar from a distance. It grew louder and louder until I noticed two flying objects crossing over my house. They were heading towards the bridge. One of the flying objects seemed to have dropped something on the bridge, and before I knew it, there was an explosion. Smoke covers the city before me. The bridge is gone. That's when I realized the unimaginable.

"no... no... NOOOOOO!!!!!!" I screamed. A shriek from above was loud enough to match my own.

•••

Every so often, I would tell my daughter the story of when the sky was filled with shooting stars a few years ago. My husband and I made countless wishes together. Afterwards, my husband told me about how an asteroid that disintegrated in the planet's atmosphere, rained down on our griffon neighbors. They built a canon to destroy them, but it was just to no avail. The fragments devastated their country in many ways. It even caused civil war amongst them. It wasn't until the new kings came to power to resolve the country's problems.

Now, they have gone so far as to invade Equestria. My husband, the pegasus fighter, has also not returned home.

***

A pony in armor galloped through the barrack halls immediately following the explosion. After entering one of the many rooms he reached for the microphone and switched on the intercom.

“Attention all units, our capital city of Canterlot is under attack!”

“There is widespread damage throughout the city from the attack.”

“All units, scramble and intercept all threats immediately!”

As soon as he finished speaking, all pegasus fighters took to the skies as the ground units stormed out of the barracks ready for combat.

***

"We're under attack, dispatch the royal guards at once!" Princess Celestia commanded.

"They already have," Luna replied, motioning to the pegasi fighters trying to protect their great city.

Just then, a member of the royal guard came bursting through the doors.

"Your highness, we're under attack!" he exclaimed.

"I can see that. We must evacuate the city at once." Celestia replied.

"We can't. The Griffons have closed up the main gates, as well as all the other entrances to the city. We're trapped!"

Suddenly, a group of griffons flew up towards the windows, aimed their anti-air rifles at the princesses, and opened fire.

The princesses, however, managed to put up a defensive shield around all the ponies in the room, including themselves. When they heard the clicking of the griffon’s rifles, and noticed that they've stopped shooting, the princesses dropped their shield so that the royal guard that was amongst them could take them out. Using his magic, he took out a pistol and shot it at all three of the griffon’s heads.

Everyone was in a state of shock at what happened. Fluttershy was one the worst of them all that she had practically fainted. Celestia snapped them out of it and told them to head outside. She then took Fluttershy up in her magic and carried her out as they all quickly left the throne room.

***

All units, both ground and air were in full battle. Majority of them were in surprise by the events that transpired.

“Commander Wind speaking, the enemy is expanding its field of attack so stay alert,” one of the pegasi said through the radios.

All of them were spiraling and curving through the skies in order to dodge the oncoming bullets from the enemy’s weapons It looked like dance routines from the ground.

Bellow, civilians hid indoors while others were trying to escape all of the chaos. Guards in battle carriages were firing back at the griffons on the ground. However, most of them were instantly destroyed from above.

Others were desperately trying to assemble anti air weapons, but were constantly interrupted by oncoming forces.

“Get those anti air guns ready for battle! Focus them on those bombers and don’t let them get any closer!” A sergeant commanded several guards assembling their weapons.

Over the radio, one of the DJs at the station quickly tapped into the airwaves to broadcast the current situation.

“Attention citizens of Canterlot, we are under attack by what appear to be griffons, but we have not been confirmed so. Please stay indoors and take cover. Our air force team is holding down the enemy.”

After shooting down one of the griffons, Commander wind quickly flew towards it and snatched its dog tags. Once he finished examining it, he turned his radio.

“Attention all forces, we are confirmed to be engaged with the griffons from The Griffon Kingdom, formally known as Griffonstone.”

“Griffonstone?” one pegasus fighter questioned.

“Yeah, they use to be in shambles for such a long time, not since those “kings” took over and renamed it The Griffon Kingdom. Now it seems that they’ve finally snapped,” another fighter responded.

Commander Wind and the rest of the pegasi continued trying to drive out the griffons. “So these guys think they can just barge into our house without calling us? I think not.”

“I say we teach them a lesson or two. Let’s kick them out for good.” one them exclaimed as he aimed his rifle at a nearby griffon. As soon as he pulled the trigger, the griffon went down with ease.

More and more griffons fell and were slowly being driven out of Canterlot.

“Enemy threat level is reduced, keep it up!” Wind announced.

Unknown to them, however, five griffons in red barding and helmets adorned with feathers were approaching at high speeds towards the city. Behind them was a massive amount of griffons.

One of the griffons in the red barding, the one in front of the pack turned to his radio. “Commence engaging targets. Finish them off! Canterlot will be ours for the taking.”

Back in Canterlot, Commander Wind noticed something approaching them. “What’s this… uh-oh, more griffons incoming! Wait, oh sweet Celestia, there’s hundreds of them!”

Suddenly, a wave of griffons flew over Canterlot. The five griffons in red were slaughtering every royal guard they saw.

“What the hell? Where are they all coming from?” a pegasus asked frantically.

“Don’t worry about how many there are. Evade like hell if you want out of this alive!” Wind replied.

Eventually they managed to overrun the barracks. Some guards were imprisoned while others met a crueler fate.

“These griffon scum, they want to take Canterlot.” Wind said to himself. One of the red-barded griffons broke off from the formation and was quickly behind him. Another followed as well while dropping bombs wherever he flew, destroying parts of the residential district.

As Commander wind continued evading the griffon hot on his tail, he watched as his fellow comrades were being slaughtered at the talons of the enemy. He knew they couldn’t hold out any longer.

“This is too much… we have to retreat!” he said through the radio.

“What about Canterlot?” someone asked.

“We’ll think of something, but we just got to get out of here.

After that, he made a quick tuning to his radio to contact someone.

“Captain, there’s too many of them, we can’t hold out much longer! We need to fall back now,” he said when all of something he felt a sharp pain in his back that made him cry in pain. After what seemed like eternity, he fell straight to the ground. The griffon circled around to confirm the kill before flying off.

***

The princesses and every pony else were outside of the palace. The city itself was a full-blown war zone. The guard then heard some pony calling him on his radio. He turned it on to see what it was.

"Captain...too many of them... can't hold out... longer, we need... fall back now. AAAHH!!!"

The captain quickly switched the radio off, not to let any pony hear what was happening next.

"The enemy is too strong. We are going to have to retreat." Everyone gasped at what Celestia had said.

"WHAT, you can't be serious," Rainbow Dash exclaimed. Her friends gave her a harsh look.

"I know it sounds bad, but I can't risk losing any more lives. We are going to fall back to North Pony and have our remaining forces regroup and counterattack. Captain, I want you to relay a message to the remaining royal guard and have them head towards North Pony." Celestia ordered. The captain responded with a salute before turning the radio back on.

“This is Captain Sparker to all remaining units, the princesses have ordered a full retreat. We’re giving up Canterlot. All pegasi break away from this airspace and head west to North Pony Island.”

“Are they out of their mind, we can’t give up!” a pegasi responded.

“We are militarily at a disadvantage. Comply with the order and head west.” Sparker replied.

“We’re not leaving. We’re fighting till there’s no one left!” another responded.

“Listen! This is only temporary. The princesses want us to retreat, then regroup for a counterattack. We can’t afford to lose any more lives soldier.”

After a brief silence, all remaining fighters agreed and quickly retreated west.

As soon as the guards were leaving, Celestia directed to the group. "All right every pony, gather around," the princess said as all the ponies did what she told them to do. The princesses’ horns began to glow. They grew brighter and brighter, until suddenly, they all vanished in a bright flash.

***

I was just a colt when I saw the stars fall from the sky. It was the most amazing thing I have ever seen in my life. I also remember how the griffons built a cannon to destroy them, but instead, the asteroids destroyed them, in turn, that was enough to bring war upon us. I didn't think much about it, considering I was just a mere colt.

One day, while on my way to school, I looked up and saw a lot of pegasi flying around with these weird creatures. I looked closely and found out that there was a battle going on in the blue skies above Canterlot. I couldn't tear my gaze away from them. They looked as if they were playing the game of cat and mouse. I noticed one of them broke away from the fight and was flying over several homes. He took out something from his pack and dropped it over one of the houses.

When the dropped object hit the house, the whole place disappeared in a huge explosion, which then turned into a blazing inferno.

That house was the same one that my family lived.

Now, they live in my memories. The world around me was fading away, soon becoming completely numb. I stared into the flames of the destroyed house, unable to tear my gaze away from it.

It wasn't until something flew right in front of me at such high speeds that snapped me out of my trance.

Despite how fast it was going; I was able to make out what it was. It seemed to have had a lion's body and an eagle's head. He seemed to have been wearing some barding the color of blood. His helmet was adorned with feathers of different colors, and on his flank was a black number one painted on it.

I will never forget this.

•••

A while later, I noticed that the remaining royal guards began disengaging the enemy and were all leaving Canterlot. The remaining citizens also tried to leave, but couldn't because the strange creatures had closed up all the exits out of the city. The Princesses retreated as well, leaving the palace empty of any royals. We were alone and trapped in the newly occupied city of Canterlot. Once the final royal guard left, the invaders began tearing down our flags and rose their own.

The allies retreated across the west of Equestria; Canterlot had fallen under the control of these creatures. I wondered if this was happening all over Equestria?

•••

Questions, Comments, Complements,
Any errors are accepted, there's always room for improvement!
Be sure to like and follow me both here and twitter(@Pony3T)

Author's Note:

Dear Reader,

Some of you might wonder why I'm using ••• and ***. so to clear up any confusion, i will tell you the difference. ••• means there is a time difference. *** means a change in character telling their story. Hope this will clear up confusion. Thanks.

~From your number 1 and 03 pony
Pony 03