• Published 7th Feb 2014
  • 569 Views, 14 Comments

MLP:FiM - Season I: JetStream - LunicStream1105



With the Summer Sun Celebration drawing near, how will JetStream react when he suddenly receives an invitation?

  • ...
21
 14
 569

The Ticket Master

Part 1


JetStream sat up from where he lied, "What?!" he whispered to himself, "Luna... that wasn't you there? In the forest?" it shocked JetStream to realize Luna was standing in the middle of the library, the moon's time was almost over as well.

"JetStream, come hither." she stood next to the window of the bottom portion, the moon shone through it perfectly. He slowly got up, despite his sleepiness, and walked over to the window, "Ho... why are you even here, Luna?" he asked wiping his eyes of the sand, she was partially lit be the moon out of the window.

"During the quiet hour, is peaceful. Where thou not feel rouse nor time."

"Wait..." JetStream looked around, and back to the equally tall princess, "Could we be dreaming right now?" he wondered.

"With ponies without their noise, mayst come a sweven..." JetStream paused.

"... So is that a maybe?" Luna rolled her eyes.

"I come to tell you what I thought... and explain why my speech were silent." looking JetStream straight in the eye, she spot his Auroric mark.

"That?" JetStream asked without context, "I know it was a very bad thing to do, but we fixed it, I don't think it's healthy to bring that up..." Luna slowly shook a head.

"I thank thee for thy forgiveness, JetStream. But t'is not all of it." she didn't frown, and she definitely wasn't smiling, "The... pony thou walked into was myself... but the one's voice that stood with you... was not. It was iwis... maugre..." she sighed and whispered, "Lackaday..." Luna took a step closer, "Myself is apologizing, term short."

"I must thank you as well..." JetStream looked slightly toward the wooden floor, "... And I don't really know if this conversation will get through, if this is a dream or not... but I think this Auroric business is catching on... it has opened tons of new paths for me to explore." JetStream smiled, "Yet that's the toughest part still... What can I do with so little of one thing?" he asked Luna, which she paused, then she backed away from the window, and gestured JetStream to look out of it. He jumped up and put his forehooves on the window sile, and looked outside, "Is there something out here?"

"Quite, if thou believe it so, it usually aids to be patient and wait idly by the very seconds that art thine." he turned his head.

"Oh, there's Canterlot to the right..." he could only see a quarter of it, as it cuts off from the window. Luna turned toward the door.

"I must get going, back to Canterlot." JetStream looked back, away from the moon's rays.

"Already?"

"Calm thyself... everything unfolds in time..." she opened, "And still, JetStream. I do plan to return, where our converse will build. Farewell." she gave a half-smile as she walked outside swiftly closed the door. When the bang sound emerged from the slam, JetStream suddenly rose again.

"... Wha-?!" he looked around, "... The sun... it's up... but the moon was just ther- ow..." he pointed his direction, only for it to backlash. He looked back, because of the slam of the door he heard, the door was closed, "Weird..." he noticed some short scroll just to his side, "What? Since when was this here?" he grabbed it and opened, it read...

"We'll be back, gone to Sweet Apple Acres."

JetStream huffed, "This is Spikes claw-writing..." he looked over to where he thought he slept, "I remember blacking out on the floor, I don't really remember falling asleep... here..." on the bottom of the circular window sile was two circles, "What are these doing here?" the circle on the right matched JetStream's hoof perfectly, "Does Twilight know these marks are here?" he looked back at the door, only to ponder out the window, the circle on the left, as JetStream tested, is slightly bigger than his hooves, "Hmm..." he brought his hooves closer for a look, when suddenly he realized out of the corner of his eye, his ring was discarded on his arm, "...! Where'd it go!?" with the lumps of the blanket on the floor, there was a small circular bulge under it, "..." he paused in the motionless awkward air. He walked over to the blanket and lift it up, "Ah! So it was here this whole time!" JetStream posed boastfully as he slipped the ring back on, 'Feels a bit lighter...' he then looked over to the scroll sitting on the counter, "Sweet Apple Acres, huh?" JetStream then walked to the door.


Part 2


"Geez, it's a bit windy today..." JetStream held his hoof eye level. When he got there, to Sweet Apple Acres, he noticed Applejack and Twilight near the end of the fenced area of the barn, "There they are." he quickly opened the gate, went in and forgot to close it as he galloped to their position.

"No problem at all, Applejack. I'm glad the goal is lunchtime, all this hard work is making me hungry." Spike, sitting on Twilight's back, through yet another apple, which landed directly on Twilight's head, causing her to give him a irritated glance.

"I know right?" Spike responded.

"Puh-leez Spike, you've been lounging on my back while we worked!"

"Exactly, you two are taking so long, I missed... my snack-time..." he spotted JetStream headed in their direction, "Hey, that's JetStream over there..." Spike turned to Twilight and gave her a look,

"... Maybe he could help you two speed things up." he smiled.

"Oh stop it, Spike..." she rolled her eyes just as her stomach rumbled, still looking at him, she gave off a nervous laughter.

"Hey, Twilight, Applejack, Spike." it was a short greet for the current day.

"I see your finally up, JetStream." Twilight raising an eyebrow smiling.

"...? What do you mean?" Applejack smiled to her as Twilight snickered.

"It's almost noon." JetStream went quiet, then turned to Spike, and finally answered.

"It was an emotionally exhausting day..." Spike shrugged the statement and looked back to the apples and scoffed.

"Tell me about it..." Twilights stomach rumbled again, and with the sudden presence of JetStream, another pony in her sight, she blushed slightly.

"I guess we better get some food..."

"Nope, no... Ah-ha!" he held up a shiny apple that was bigger than the rest, Twilight licked her lips at the apple.

"Oh Spike, that looks delicious-" just as Spike took the entire thing with him, spreading the apple sauce on the inside to go everywhere.

'Eech...' JetStream wiped off spots of it on his chest, "Wow, the whole apple?"

"Spike!" she looked at him annoyed, when he swallowed the apple whole, he looked at the mare.

"... What?" he said shrugging. Suddenly he covered his mouth, "Hmm!?"

'Ah, jeez...' JetStream thought, "I think we might need to go get somethi-" he stopped as Spike suddenly burped a strecthed green flame. An entity hovered in mid-air, then sparked, revealing a scroll, "What?"

"That won't be necessary." Twilight looked shocked.

"Spike... What was that scroll doing there?" he lifted his pointer finger up about to explain, but was interrupted by Twilight.

"It's a letter from Princess Celestia." Spike and JetStream both looked at Twilight, in which Spike turned to JetStream.

"Yep, that's basically it, JetStream. When it comes to letters like these-" he grabbed the hovering scroll, "-I'm like a portable mailbox." he stated, giving off a small chuckle at the end. Applejack finally turned around to take a look herself, as Spike cleared his throat...

"Here ye, here ye. The grand royal highness, Princess Celestia of Equestria, is pleased to announce-" JetStream looked over to where Canterlot was visible.

'All the way from here?'

"-The Grand Galloping Gala to be held in the magnificent capital city of Canterlot, on the 21st day of M-.... eh, yadda, yadda, yadda... ah! Cordially extends an invitation to Twilight Sparkle plus one guest." Applejack and Twilight instantly looked at one another in excitement.

"The Grand Galloping Gala!?" they shouted in unison, while JetStream was left in the dust.

"The Grand Galloping Gala?" he asked in a questioning tone.

"What?!" Twilight and Applejack exclaimed.

"Do you mean this incredible gala doesn't get you excited?" Twilight asked him, JetStream had to back up, he even looked back to Spike.

"Well, no it doesn't, at least not yet I suppose. I never heard of it... or seen it." Spike shrugged, and JetStream looked back, '...!' giving him a shock as they kept coming closer, "Uh..." JetStream failed to quickly utter words.

"Spike, have you been there?" all he did was blew raspberries.

"No... and I plan to keep it that way..."

"Hmm..." JetStream wondered, "Well, being in Altamare until now, I never really know what else there is. But that's why I wanted to join you, Twilight. I wanted to get around town and feel comfortable." everypony paused, Twilight turned back to Applejack.

"The Grand Galloping Gala!" they both squeed in excitement, as they completely ignored both of them for the moment. JetStream suddenly fell, getting back up.

"Well, persistent for sure..." he looked back to Spike, who just sighed shaking his head.


Part 3


"Woo-hoo!" they both were squealing with joy, when Spike looked at JetStream and just gestured disgust. JetStream was an eyebrow, when suddenly another green burp flame went through, revealing two tickets.

"Look, two tickets!" Spike held both tickets in his claws.

"Golden as well..." JetStream noticed.

"Wow, great! I never been to the Gala, have you Spike?"

"Well, no, and I like I said before to JetStream, I plan to keep it that way. I don't want that girly-frilly frou-frou nonsense." Spike just shook his hand as if he was given some sort of dish, but didn't want it. JetStream looked around awkwardly, thinking about his statement.

"Aw, com' on, Spike! A dance would be nice." she smiled, JetStream's mouth opened in surprise, looking at Spike.

"What? Dancing...?" he wondered. Spike looked at JetStream like he didn't want it to be dragged further than it should.

"Nice!?" Applejack leaned in, "It's a heap good more than just nice. I'd love to go..." Applejack closed her eyes in such a pleasure, "Land sakes, if I had an apple stand set-up, ponies would be chowin' out tasty vittles 'till the cows came home. Do you have any idea how much business I could drum up for Sweet Apple Acres? Why, with all that money, we could do a heap of fixin' up 'round here. We could replace that saggy old roof, and Big McIntosh could replace that saggy old plow, and Granny Smith could replace that saggy old hip." she looked toward the sky, "Why, I give my left hind leg to go to that gala." Twilight walked closer.

"Well, in that case...-" the tree above them shook, hearing the leaves and bringing a cold wave over JetStream's back, he looked up.

"That isn't the wind..." he looked unsurprised, up until Rainbow Dash crashed down below.

"-... would you like t-"

"Whoa!" Rainbow Dash yelled as she came hurdling down from above.

"Gah!" JetStream dashed backward, where he was able to grab Spike at the time, yet still the apple they carried flew everywhere. As JetStream swung Spike back around and landed right on JetStream's back.

"What?" Spike looked around confused, JetStream looked back, worried.

"Sorry about that, Spike." JetStream struggled slightly to keep his legs up. After a second or two, Rainbow Dash finally stood back up.

"Are we talking about the Grand Galloping Gala!?" Applejack looked up.

"Rainbow Dash..." she stood from where they once lied down, "You told me you were too busy to help me harvest apples... what were you busy doing, spyin'?" Rainbow Dash turned away from Applejack and to Twilight.

"No, I was busy napping..." Rainbow Dash jumped in mid-air and turned herself upside-down, "And I just happened to hear that you have an extra ticket?" Twilight paused, JetStream put his right hoof back on to the dirt ground.

"Yeah, but-"

"Yes!" Rainbow Dash flew into the air, "This is, so awesome!" she looked to the hills behind them, then turned to Twilight, "The Wonderbolts perform at the Grand Galloping Gala every, year! I can see it now, everypony would be watching the sky, their eyes riveted on the Wonderbolts, but then, in would fly, Rainbow Dash! I would draw their attention with-" Rainbow then continued to ramble on about her goal with catching the Wonderbolt's attention with her "practiced" moves, "-The Wonderbolts would insist that my signature moves be incorporated into their team, and then, welcome me as their newest member..." Rainbow Dash looked away from the skies, "Don't you see, Twilight? This could be my one to show 'em my stuff!" you could tell by listening to her that her heart has actually intended to play along with it, "You gotta take me!" Applejack suddenly grabbed Rainbow's tail.

"Hhold hon jhust huone pihkin' minhute here." she spat her tail out, JetStream looked at her in shock, "Ah asked for that ticket first." Applejack ended.

"So-" Rainbow Dash leaned forward, "-That doesn't mean you own it."

"Oh, yeah? Well, I tell you to a hoof-wrestle, winner gets the ticket." JetStream sank in their attempts to find their way to the ticket, JetStream stated as they did their useless activity.

"I don't get why they have to do this. And since we haven't even got to the others yet, why don't we just as-" Rainbow Dash turned to JetStream.

"What!?" Applejack suddenly got the advantage, and turned Rainbow Dash entirely over.

"I win! I get the ticket!" Rainbow Dash got back up, minorly covered in dust.

"No fair! JetStream distracted me!" she pointed a hoof before turning to JetStream and flew straight at him, "Are you up to something?" Rainbow Dash gave JetStream a sharp glare.

"What!? I barely have an idea of what the Grand Galloping Gala i-" Rainbow Dash brought her right hoof close to JetStream's muzzle like a pointer finger.

"Are you on Applejack's side? Is that what it is!?"

"I don't have anything to do with i-!" he was cut off by Applejack.

"It don't matter know, Rainbow! Whatever he did, it sure did the trick!" she laughed the remark off. Rainbow looked at Applejack in anger, then back to JetStream, in which he jumped.

"You're not getting that ticket, it's mine!" Rainbow pulled closer with each word.

"I never really-!" he was cut off again.

"Girls!" her loud tone was like she pulled them apart in an argument. Applejack and Rainbow Dash turned to Twilight.

"These are my tickets, I'll decide who gets it thank you very much... whoever has the best reason to go should get it, don't you think?" everypony went silent.

'Wow, she was able to silence the whole group...' JetStream looked at Spike for his recovery.

"Drummin' up business?" Applejack said.

"A chance to addition for the Wonderbolts?" Rainbow countered.

"Money to fix Granny's hip?"

"Living the dream!" Twilight's neck sank in realization.

"Oh my, those were all pretty good reasons weren't they?" suddenly Twilights stomach rumbled forcing her to laugh in role-play of their decision for the ticket, "Listen to that, I am starving." she started to back up, signaling to Spike that she's about to flee, "I don't know about you, but I can't make important decisions on an empty stomach. So, I'll... uh... think about it over lunch and get back to you two..." she started to walk off.

"Okay?" Applejack shook her head and breathed out with her mouth nearly open, Rainbow just groaned. Then they both looked to JetStream, when he looked back and noticed them doing the same.

"I'll uh... just go..." he shied out and galloped after Twilight, "Wait up!" he shouted.

"Ugghhh! Of course he gets to go along with her!" she complained.

"Well, everypony's easy on the rookie Ah suppose..." she chuckled afterward.

"Oh save it!" she rolled her eyes.


Part 4


Spike and Twilight were quiet, just walking down one road in Ponyville to a specific place to sit down and eat, up until JetStream showed up next to them, Spike shifted suddenly and hesitated to say anything.

"So who are you gonna give the ticket to, Twilight?" he looked back to JetStream, so did Twilight, as if they expected something.

"... What is it?" JetStream asked.

"Just wondering why you decided to come along with us." Twilight answered. JetStream looked up ahead smiling.

"I just want to know Ponyville much better than I did before... I'm worried about getting a bit lost..." he rolled his eyes at the end of the sentence. Twilight paused then turned back to Spike.

"I don't know Spike, but I really can't think straight when I'm hungry..."

"That wasn't a distraction back there?" JetStream asked, Twilight sighed.

"Surprisingly, no, JetStream." she turned between Spike and JetStream, "So where should we eat?" suddenly and for that no reason, Pinkie slammed into Twilight's left side so fast that Spike was still in mid-air, yet the tickets rushed from the wind Pinkie created.

"Agh!" JetStream jumped, as the dust cleared from where Twilight and Pinkie landed, and with Spike finally falling to the ground, the tickets landed right in front of her eyes as they fell to the ground. When Pinkie opened her eyes, she jumped up into a full gallop in a frantic manor around them.

"Ahhh! Bats! Bats on my face! Help!" she opened her eyes when she pulled all the way around and back to the place she started, "Wait! These aren't... tickets to the Grand Galloping Gala!?" JetStream raised a hoof.

"Pinkie..." he looked down to the tickets and picked them both off the ground and held them up to get a look. Twilight suddenly snatched them from JetStream's hoof, and gave him a distrusting expression, "No, wait I didn't me-!" JetStream responded, when suddenly Pinkie started jumping around.

"Oh thank you, Twilight! It's the most wonderful-est gift ever!"

"Pinki-" JetStream spoke up again, yet even Rarity suddenly showed up, gasping.

"Are these what I think they are?" she looked at the golden tickets intently.

"... Ugh..." Twilight and JetStream both fell behind, now they were both lost.

"Yes! Twilight's taking me to the Grand Galloping Gala in Canterlot!" she smiled at Twilight.

"Is the gala really even all that important somehow?" JetStream asked, when.

"The gala?" Rarity held her neck up, Twilight saw JetStream shrug as she looked at him in annoyance, "I design ensembles for the gala every year, but I never had the opportunity to attend..."

Rarity started to turn in every direction, JetStream sighed as he saw Spike's reaction, "The society, the culture, the glamour, it's what where I truly belong..." she posed as she tussled her mane, "... am where I'm destined to meet, him..." JetStream and Twilight looked to Pinkie as she echoed.

"Him! ..." JetStream looked to Twilight.

"Huh..." after a second's pause, they both looked back to Pinkie.

"Who...?"

"Him..." JetStream scoffed.

"Okay then..." his eyelids half-open with a frown.

"I would stroll through the gala, and everypony would wonder, who is that mysterious mare? They would never guess, that I was just a simple pony from little old Ponyville. Why! I'd cause such a sensation that I would be invited for an audience with Princess Celestia herself!" she put her hoof on her chest looking into the sky, then looked back to the group, "And the Princess would be so taken with the style and elegance that she would introduce me, to him!" JetStream just about spoke up again, but Pinkie cut him off by quickly putting her left arm across JetStream's muzzle, "Her nephew, the most handsome, allegeable Unicorn stallion in Canterlot. I eyes would meet, our hearts would melt, our courtship would be magnificent. He would ask for my hoof in marriage, and of course I would say, yes! We would have a royal wedding, befitting a Princess, which is, what I would become upon marrying him, the stallion of my dreams..." when she finished, you could tell the fantasy popped instead of fading away.

"Twilight!" Rarity turned back to Twilight.

"I simply cannot believe you would invite Pinkie Pie so she can... par-tee... and prevent me from meeting my true love, how could you!?" JetStream sighed.

"How could we?" Twilight gave a look at JetStream. He shifted when he saw something approaching rather unsteadily fast behind Spike, "Spike, behind you!" a white creature bumped into Spike, making him fall over, the creature jumped at Twilight and snatched a ticket.

"Hmm?" she looked down to notice the creature hopping back to a pony.

"Fluttershy?" JetStream wondered.

"Angel, these are perfect." Fluttershy responded as the bunny showed her the tickets.

"..." Twilight sighed, "Listen girls, I haven't decided who to give the extra ticket to."

"You haven't!?" Rarity and Pinkie Pie both looked back, one with excitement and one in sorrowful surprise.

"Um, excuse me, Twilight..." everypony looked back to Fluttershy, "I would just like to ask, I mean if it would be alright, if you haven't given it to somepony else..." Rarity rose from her stance, and turned toward Fluttershy.

"You? You want to go to the gala!?"

"Do you even go to it?" JetStream asked.

"Oh... no..." Angel repeatedly tapped on her arm, Fluttershy turned to him, "I mean-" she looked at Twilight, "-yes... well actually, kind of. You see, it's not so much the Grand Galloping Gala as it is the wondrous private gated garden that surrounds the dance. The flowers are said to be the most beautiful and fragrant in all of Equestria. For the night in the gala, and that night alone would it all be in bloom. And that's just the flora! Don't get me started on the fauna! There's loons and toucans and bitterns, oh my-!" JetStream looked at Twilight and Spike, they just shrugged, "-Hummingbirds that can really hum, and buzzards that can really buzz, and blue jays, and red jays, and green jays, and pink jays, and pink flamingos." Twilight snapped out of some stare-into-space when Fluttershy, she shook her head for some reason and walked up to her.

"Gee, Fluttershy, it sounds... beautiful?" JetStream's gem glowed just as they heard.

"Wait just a minute!" up above was Rainbow Dash standing on the edge of a house right above them.

"Rainbow Dash, were you following me?" Rainbow flew down, JetStream stumbled out of the way, as she did on purpose for the reason of "knowing" JetStream is still trying to obtain a ticket from

Twilight.

"No! I mean yes! I mean, maybe! Look, it doesn't matter! I couldn't risk a goody-four-shoes like you giving that ticket away to just anypony..."

"Why can't we just as-?" JetStream was cut off as Applejack appeared.

"Wait just another minute! Hold on to that thought, JetStream..."

"I wish I haven't..." he backed to the ground below.

"Applejack! Were you following me too!?" Applejack gave a slight pause.

"No... Ah was followin' this one, to make sure she didn't try any funny business... still tryin' to take mah ticket."

"Your ticket!?" Rainbow responded.

"But Twilight's taking me!" Pinkie stated. Suddenly they all started to argue, pulling in words that sometimes didn't even make sense, when suddenly.

"QUIET!" she actually went to her hind legs to let the sound go, letting the sound hit like a near passing train going 40 miles an hour.

"And then I said, Oatmeal! Are you craz-?..." Pinkie stopped when everypony was looking around.

"Girls there's no use in arguing." Twilight continued.

"Yeah, as we can see, it didn't take us anywhere. A load of jumbled words with any concentration isn't really progress..." JetStream responded.

"But, Twiligh-..."

"Eh!" Twilight held a hoof in front of her, "This is my decision, and I'm going to make it on my own, and I certainly can't think straight with noise..." her stomach rumbled again, "Not to mention the hunger... Now go on, Shoo! ... And don't worry!" Twilight continued as Spike walked up to her, JetStream just stayed put, not sure if to stay or go, as if he would try to avoid Rainbow Dash this whole time, "I'll figure this out!... somehow..." she paused as she saw the newcomer standing before her, looking shocked, confused, or rather annoyed.

"... Should I go too?" JetStream asked, the simple phrase brought back the raising of the sun.

"You're free to..." Twilight walked up to him, "If you're really undeceive about if you know or not about the gala, JetStream, why don't you just go back to the library and save the drama for me. This is new to you, right?" Twilight still looked a bit worried, Spike ran up and jumped back onto Twilight's back.

"Well, yeah, I do have friends back at Altamare, still, I never experienced this with any one of them..." JetStream nodded at the fact, yet he was still smiling.

"Then how come you're still going along with us?" Spike asked.

"Well, I kept this one thing in mind-" pony's passed as they got to a more populated part of town as they walked somewhere to eat, "-If I have not decided on the gala because of I never went there, well actually I didn't even know it existed, I guess I thought the same was with friends... If I never decided to have or be friends with anypony, then would I never even decide there either?"

JetStream looked back to Spike.

"And I know you and Twilight haven't had much friends to be around with earlier yesterday. So, Twilight..." he looked at her.

"Hmm?" she responded.

"What if we tackle this whole friendship sociology together, like you said, when my parents left for the first time, so I could stay here..."

"We're all your friends, we're all your company..."
"We're all your friends, we're all your company... Yes, JetStream I know what you mean by that." Twilight looked back to him, as she saw him catch back up.


Part 5


JetStream looked around, checking the scenery while waiting at the table. Sitting at the same table were Twilight, and Spike, who on the left and right respectively. After JetStream calmed down, he decided to play with his Aura a bit while Spike went for the menu, and decided to take a look at it, when Twilight spoke up, JetStream's Aura visibly vanished, and Spike put the menu back down, "Ugh, you guys, what am I going to do?" she asked slouched over the table.

"I'd rather we wait, we might know what happens then..."

"Well considering you're the only pony who apparently hasn't seen the Grand Galloping Gala, I'd rather keep on my guard." JetStream sighed looking toward the table.

"To be honest, I have this whole Auroric thing to wonder about, Twilight. It really wouldn't matter if I went or not..." he shrugged as he looked at Spike and spot him in the corner of his eye shifting.

"I don't think you should, JetStream. I saw what happens in there, and it's..." Spike paused, and it sounded like he was hooked on a word, "... nothing that, I would be interested to do..." he tried to make sure JetStream would consider it.

"I really can't urge you to do it, Spike, since I haven't even gone myself, but what made you want to stick to that?" Spike put the menu down, a shocked expression on his face.

"Are you kidding!? Just not to long ago, how Twilight's and your friends went crazy over one ticket." JetStream sank, showing his younger colt side as he rubbed the table in a circle motion.

"That's what it is in the first place you two, those five of my best friends have really good reasons to go to the gala..." The flower started to shift in Twilight's magic, JetStream looked at as soon as his Aura bulged from her magic's power, "Applejack? ... or Rainbow Dash? Pinkie Pie or Fluttershy, Rarity... oh who should go with me?"

"... Have you made your decision?" the waiter asked, JetStream quickly looked to Twilight, sensing the Aura boil to a dark red, he got back up and tried to get to her.

"Twilig-!"

"I CAN'T DECIDE." the outburst flew straight for the sky above, as the steam let off back to a sky blue, JetStream sighed.

"Twilight?" Spike responded, "He just wants to take your order..." Twilight paused, not even a twitching eye was given.

"Oh, I would love a daffodil and daisy sandwich."

"... Do you have any rubies?" the waiter shook his head, "No? Okay... I'll have the hay fries, extra crispy!" the waiter then turned to JetStream.

"Your order..?" he asked.

"Oh, uh..." he looked to Spike, who just about handed him the menu, but instead, "I'll have what he's having..." JetStream gave a nervous smile. As the waiter turned around, he slowly clopped his hooves together making a weak laughter. After another pause, Twilight spoke up.

"What do you think, you two?" Twilight now looked a little bit like desperate.

"I think we have to try another restaurant, I mean I like grass just fine, but would it hurt anybody to offer some gemstones?"

"Wait, you mean you eat gems? Like diamonds?" JetStream asked.

"No!" Twilight budged into Spike's field of vision.

"I mean about the gala, Spike, and the ticket and who I should take..." Twilight scooted over a bit.

"Oh... you're still on that?" he pinched his snout.

"Spike, listen!" Twilight lunged her to forehooves onto the table, JetStream quickly had to get his off.

"...!"

"How do I choose? Yet when I do choose will the other four be mad at me?" JetStream regained his balance.

"Considering how we saw them earlier, probably..."

"I mean I could give up my ticket and give away two, that still leave three disapointed ponies, what if I-!" she was cut off as the food they ordered arrived.

"And, your food." the waiter arrived. JetStream saw the order he oh-so-dearly wanted getting hoofed to him, when he looked to Spike the next second, he was already stuffing himself.

"Thank you. This looks so good..." JetStream started as well.

'I really haven't ate anything in a while, so I guess this counts. And hey, I found a place to eat too...' everything was going smoothly, up until the point a mob of ponies galloped passed them, "Vuat?" JetStream spoke out with a mouthful, he suddenly realized and then swallowed, "It was... just sunny seconds ago..."

"Erm... madam?" the waiter from the restaurant spoke up, "Are you going to eat your food in ze rain?" Twilight put the sandwich down.

"It's not raining..." when Twilight turned, everything was soaked, except in the very spot they all were sitting, they all looked up, "What's going on?" Twilight looked up, JetStream was still too busy eating, just moments ago he only considered, not it doesn't matter as if it looked like he hadn't eaten in almost a whole day without sleeping. In the very whole that they sit below, Rainbow Dash looked down below.

"Hi there best friend forever I've ever ever had... Enjoying the sunny weather?"

"Devuanantly." JetStream responded as he continued to eat.

"Okay!" Spike responded as he gave her an okay with his claws.

"Rainbow Dash? What are you doing?"

"What do you mean!?" she smiled rolling her eyes, "I just saw the smartest most generous pony about to get rained on-" Twilight's expression sank as she realized what might've been behind this action, "-dine in peace, that's all! ..." Twilight sighed as JetStream was still eating away.

"Rainbow... you're not trying to get extra consideration for the extra ticket by doing the extra special favors, are you?" she finished it slowly.

"Vi avgree vrith Twivright, Vrainbow Dav..." JetStream responded rather sloppily, 'Please don't close it up...'

"Me?" she pointed a hoof at herself, "No, no, no of course not!" Rainbow Dash held on to her smile for a bit too long.

"Uh-huh..." Twilight responded, "Seriously, I'd do it for anypony..." JetStream felt the blazing, confused Aura's running around in a frantic mess, as they tried to stay dry, when Twilight looked back from the ponies galloping, Rainbow Dash gave a nervous snickering laughter.

"Rainbow, I am not comfortable accepting unwanted favors, so I would appreciate if you let go of your favor right now..." JetStream and Spike looked at each other in shock, then to Twilight as Rainbow Dash closed the cloud.

"Twilight!" they both exclaimed as the rain hit down on them with Twilight and JetStream's mane and tail drooping.

"Agh! I wasn't finished!" JetStream frowned as his hay fries sank in moisture from the rain, Spike started to get the giggles as it built up, when Twilight let her aggravated moan out, Spike spilled his laughter everywhere, up until he heard that sweet voice.

"Twilight! It's raining..." Rarity stated, ignoring that fact that Spike and JetStream are acquainted with her.

"Ya don't say..."

"Come with me before you catch a cold!" Rarity grabbed Twilight by her hoof as she galloping in the other direction. As they got further and further, it finally got to JetStream that they should kick it out of here.

"Com' on Spike we need to go!" JetStream got off from his seat, galloped around the table where Spike lunged to JetStream's back almost slipping in the mud now below them, "Ugh..." JetStream
continued to run through the rain and looked around, "Do you think you know where Rarity could've went?"

"Yeah... I'm going to assume the Carousel Boutique." JetStream paused, yet the hooves splashing in the dirt driven mud kept going, "... Where is that again..?" Spike sighed.

"This will take a bit... take a left up here..."

Back to the Boutique, Twilight shook the extra water off like a dog would, after she finished, she looked back to Rarity, "I'll still tha-" she noticed Rarity was soaked, "Oops, sorry Rarity..." she smiled nervously.

"Oh no! It's quite all right!" she said as she slowly flicked the extra water everywhere, "After all, we are, the best of friends are we not?" Rarity paused, as if she expected an answer, "And you know what the best of friends do?"

"Uhhh...."

"Makeover!" Twilight looked around nervously.

"Rarity I don't think tha-..." suddenly the door burst open, bringing over-soaked mud and rain into the Boutique's entrance.

"Coming through!" JetStream exclaimed as he slipped straight into the wall, whereas Spike jumped off in time, spattering water everywhere onto the wall like an art and its canvas, Spike paused shortly afterward at the looks he got, and he turned to the soaked pony over by the wall.

"Uhh, thanks JetStream..." as he found it awkward. JetStream raised his right hoof.

"You got it, buddy..." his hoof fell back down with another splat as he was lying in a puddle. Rarity paused and actually decided to give JetStream something to dry.

"I'll be right back, JetStream..." she didn't sound to excited either.

"You're the best..." he responded, followed by another splat.


Part 6


"Oh, you're simply darling!" Rarity swooned over her own work as she stepped back to see the entire picture, the outfit was centered around greens, yellows, and blues. JetStream, after some time, got around and sat near at a table, he wasn't dripping still, but the towel and his coat were both damp.

" ...I hate mud... How long has it been anyway?" JetStream asked looking to Spike yet still trying to flick some off, who shrugged and continued to watch Rarity do her magic, and make dresses,

JetStream looked back to the experimenting ponies.

"Uh, yeah, it is kind of pretty isn't it?"

"And you!" she looked toward Spike, "Oh, Spike, I have a dandy little outfit for the dashing gent." JetStream backed up in false terror, "Now you just need a hat..." Spike scoffed.

"I told you I don't want any part of this girly gala gunk, see ya at the library!" Spike rushed out of the way and whispered.

"I'd follow me if I where you..." as he passed JetStream. Rarity gave a nervous laughter.

"Oh! Who needs him anyway!" Rarity pulled a mirror in front of Twilight, then turned to JetStream, "This should be all about Twilight, and how fabulous she'll look at the Grand Galloping Gala..." JetStream smiled.

"Right..." he responded nervously.

"Wait! The Grand-?" Twilight was cut off by Rarity gasping.

"Yet, JetStream, you have the stature of a bold pony-" as JetStream should've known this ten year old colt was bold worthy.

"Actually Rarity, I'm not all the fancy ga-ga stuff you suddenly believe I am..." JetStream put emphasize on the statement by staring at Twilight intently.

"Oh no that's isn't that at all! These outfits I have designed will get all of us the attention you two so desire, ha-ha... and besides-" she turned back to Twilight, "-all the attention will build on my dresses! Where I, Rarity the Unicorn will be the most beautiful, most talented, and the most sophisticated pony in Equestria! ..." she opened her eyes, seeing Twilight was obviously displeased with Rarity.

"I see what's going on, you're just buttering me up so I'll give you the extra ticket..." Twilight said as she struggled to get the outfit off, "Well it's not going to work! You're going to have to wait for my decision just like everypony else. Now if you'll excuse me, I've been trying all day just to get some lunch!-" Twilight grabbed JetStream in her magic.

"..!?"

"Com' on, JetStream!"

"Do I really have a choi-..."

"Did somepony say lunch?" Applejack barged into the conversation, Twilight's magic evaporated, leaving JetStream to fall back to the floor on all fours.

"I'm almost done with all this..." JetStream galloped after them as Applejack grabbed Twilight outside, "It stopped raining..."

"You got to be kidding me!?"

"I got apple pie, apple fritters, apple tarts, apple dumplings, apple crisps, apple crumblers, and apple brown betty... uh, the dessert, not my auntie." JetStream walked up next to Twilight, "What do you say there, best friend?" Applejack gave her best smile as her stomach growled, "Is that a yes?" JetStream's eyes opened in surprise, and backed up.

"No, no! I don't know who I'm giving the ticket to..." she looked at JetStream with a sincere expression, "And all these favors aren't making it any easier to decide. In fact, I was less sure than I was this morning, Agh!" she galloped off in the direction toward the library.

"So that's a maybe?" JetStream was standing for the moment, he was staring off into space. Applejack leaned closer and closer until she jumped when JetStream lunged forward to gallop after her.

"Twilight, I got it!" he had a broad smile on his face, and seeing that the library was just down the path, he went straight for it as he saw Twilight enter, "Twiligh-!" he had to stop as Rainbow Dash got in his way.

"Stop right there, ticket snatcher!" she landed just after a flight, she got closer on all fours as if it where to back JetStream up a bit.

"Rainbow what are you doing?"

"I'm stopping this newbie from ever getting the ticket, see? You have much of a less chance of getting that ticket than I do." for the one moment, JetStream let it all go as he smiled.

"Show it..." she shrugged grabbed JetStream.

"Whoa, what!?"

"Well, you told me to show you what I mean by, you are not getting the ticket and I am, so, he I am to show you what it means...." Rainbow stopped right above a building, which was taller than normal houses. Rainbow let JetStream go on the roof.

"Welp, here ya go! Good luck gettin' the ticket now, rookie!" she flew in a boomerang fashion and flew to the library.

"That's a long distance aways..." he could see the library was much further than before, "Alright, I didn't expect her to be that serious!" the gem on the ring glowed white, as power was stored for an indication or status of what the holder's Aura is at the moment. JetStream breathed in, he focused and everything went calm up until the point as JetStream opened his eyes, everything built up in a flare until JetStream let it all go into one jump, the angle of the roof helped him, the extra power from his Aura turned into a clear red, and with Rainbow Dash now very far off, considering that

JetStream wasn't going to get far. His jump put a dent in the roof of the building, and the arch made him roughly about 50 feet in the air, and going at incredible speeds, make it himself looked like he was flying as well. As he was going further than higher, when he got his chance, he let out a scream, "Rainbow Dash!" he smiled in such a feat he was pulling off.

"Huh?" she looked back to noticed a flying Earth Pony behind her.

"JetStream? ... JetStream!?" yet it was too late as he grabbed her left leg, where he swung off of it and did a backflip before he landed back to the ground, the gravity caused Rainbow Dash to fall to the ground, but she quickly caught her self with her wings, "Get back here!" she kick start to her flight to catch back up and it kicked dust 10 feet into the air, as soon as Rainbow Dash caught up to him, she turned to him, "I may not be able to stop you! But we sure can race each other!" Rainbow smirked as she sped up, judging by how she changed, she was going for the libraries window.

But that's when JetStream sensed a sudden change in her Aura, it wasn't as anger driven as it used to.


Part 7


When they got to the library, somehow, and this time alone, Rainbow Dash made a clean swoop through the window. JetStream slew down when he got to the door, "What could Rainbow be doing now?" JetStream turned to the door, and felt another cold wave down his spine as he looked into the damply lit library, when suddenly a purple spark came out of nowhere, and Twilight and Spike appeared. Spike looked all covered in smoke and dust, it looked like he was recently on fire.

"Warn me next time you're going to do that." he sounded off. The door that JetStream just crossed through was still open.

"I didn't even know it was going to happen! Now quick, JetStream, Spike lock the doors!" JetStream walked all the way in and slowly shut the door.

"What's going on?"

"There's no time to explain!" Twilight shouted on her way up to extinguish higher lights, she was back down soon enough. When finally Twilight and Spike collapsed on in the middle of the room from exhaustion.

'It's kind of dark in here...' he decided to turn the lights on by leaning to his left, he flicked the lights back on. Suddenly the other five were on the top balcony all staring intently at Twilight.

"Argh! I can't decide I just can't decide! It's important to all of you and I just can't stand to disappoint any of you, and giving me gifts and doing me favors won't make any difference because you're all my friends and I wanna make you all happy and I can't, I just can't!" Applejack was the first to walk down.

"Twilight, sugar... Ah didn't mean to put so much pressure on you, and if it helps, Ah wouldn't like the ticket anymore. Ah'm wouldn't want to see ya in such pressure. And Ah thought it was about time to give it up... so, you can give it to somepony else... Ah won't, feel bad about that decision, it's a promise..." then Fluttershy.

"Me too, I feel just awful that I made you awfully indecisive, and my actions weren't helping you do so..."

"And me too-" Pinkie Pie responded, "It's really no fun upsetting your friends, I hope my future parties make it up to you..."

"Twilight-" Rarity continued, "It was unfair of me to try and force you as I did, I must admit I was caught up in the expense at such an object could uphold, therefore, I'm truly sorry..." Rainbow Dash jumped into the air, full of excitement.

"Yes! That means the ticket it mine! Ha-Ha! The ticket, I get the ticket, I-..." she saw everypony's expressions, and paused, "You know, I haven't perfected my signature moves for the Wonderbolts anyway... I don't need that ticket either." Applejack paused.

"We all got so gun-ho by going to the gala, that we couldn't see how ungun-ho we were making you." Twilight let her hooves down as she came to a realization.

"We're sorry, Twilight." they all said in unison, except JetStream and Spike, who just sighed as this was all over.

"Do you have anything to say on this, Spike? JetStream?" Twilight asked in curiosity. Spike and JetStream swallowed hard as the ponies looked at them.

"... Not exactly, but I'm glad we're at a conclusion..." JetStream smiled nervously, Spike just shrugged. Twilight paused shortly after.

"Spike! Take down a note... Dear, Princess Celestia. I've learned that one of the joys of friendship is sharing your blessings but when there's not enough blessings to go around, having more than your friends can make you feel pretty awful. So, though I appreciate the invitation, I will be returning both tickets to The Grand Galloping Gala..." Spike finished writing shortly afterward, "What!?" they all exclaimed, "If my friends can't all go, I don't want to go either..." she looked firm at the other ponies.

"Twilight, ya don't have to do that!" Applejack said.

"Nope! I've made up my mind. Spike, you can send the letter now..." Spike blew on it with his green fire, everypony watched as it flew out the window and to Canterlot.

"... I get it now Twilight-" JetStream finally had a say.

"What do you mean?" Twilight asked, "How you always say you couldn't make up your mind because of all the ruckus for the extra ticket? Well, it turns out your final decision is equality..."

JetStream turned to the ponies to his right, "It's either none or all." he smiled.

"I guess that's your first lesson learned huh, JetStream? Actually, I hope we all learn what JetStream just said." Twilight said back to him smiling.

"Oh? Yeah! I guess it is!" he finished as the letter was coming back, as Spike started to make grunts out of nowhere.

"A letter from the Princess? That was fast." Spike grabbed it and started to read.

"My faithful student, Twilight, why didn't say so in the first place?" Spike pulled something from, "Six tickets for the gala!" everypony cheered.

"Wow, what turn of events." JetStream smiled, as he stared back outside, just realizing it hit night. Twilight's stomach rumbled again.

"Allow us to treat you to dinner." Rarity said. They all walked out.

"Ya comin', JetStream?" Applejack said looking back on her way out. After everypony was out, all the tickets Spike held was gone.

"How come I don't get a ticket to the gala...?" when suddenly Spike hurled another scroll.

"And one for you, Spike." he read it, and sprang outside jumping for joy, unless some other pony saw. JetStream laughed at his ironic expression. Yet after some time, he had to face the fact that he himself didn't have a ticket either.


"... Wonder what we're going to do now..." he said to himself in the quiet library. When suddenly he heard a teleportation right behind him, he quickly turned around, yet only to see nothing new,

"What?" when suddenly he felt something land on his back, "Hmm?" a golden ticket that looked just like the others was lying on his back, "Oh!" he leaned to the side to slip it off, and caught it with his right hoof, "... Thanks, Celestia..." he headed out for the door, but yet before he even got to the outside, he stopped, "..." he turned around, "Might as well..." he mumbled to himself smiling, "It was a heck of a day, honestly... and since it being only the first day I find it a little early... but still, it would be nice to stay in touch." he said to himself in a note-taking tone. He looked directly at the quill and paper, he turned around, and closed the library doors...


~~~Episode End~~~