• Published 7th Feb 2014
  • 569 Views, 14 Comments

MLP:FiM - Season I: JetStream - LunicStream1105



With the Summer Sun Celebration drawing near, how will JetStream react when he suddenly receives an invitation?

  • ...
21
 14
 569

Pre-Season I

Intro Season I: Not yet letting go


"I'm back!" JetStream announced throughout the house.

"Good, welcome back, JetStream." Myriad was the first to notice.

"Hi, dad. Where's Mom?" he turned around to the back of the house.

"She's just out the back door..." JetStream started walking to where he needed, but he stopped when Myriad spoke once again, "... You know, we are all going to bed soon." JetStream's ears perked up as looked back to him.

"Huh? What do you mean?" JetStream sounded like he didn't like as much as he would've.

"Because, it seems that Celestia had invited us with many other ponies to her Summer Sun Celebration." JetStream stood up straight.

"Really? Is that why? ..." JetStream paused, "Summer Sun Celebration?" Myriad nodded.

"Yep, we have to be their tomorrow." JetStream jumped in shock.

"Tomorrow!? Where?" Myriad smiled.

"In Ponyville." JetStream gained a smile, and trotted for the back door.

"I'll tell Mom!" Myriad jumped up from where he was sitting.

"She alrea-..." he sighed as he cut himself off. He decided to pick the invitation back up just from interest. Corolla was on the other side of the house, looking at the big blazing sunset. When all of a sudden the door opens.

"Oh..." and JetStream appears from the corner.

"Hey, Mom."

"Hello, JetStream." she greeted.

"Did you know Celestia's inviting us to something? It sounds amazing!" JetStream jumped for his own joy.

"Yes, actually, I did." she nodded softly, in fact her whole tone was soft, "Me and your father decided to wait for you, until then." JetStream's neck went down.

"Oh..." he looked back up to her.

"I'm sorry to keep you waiting..." she stood back up and walked to the back door.

"It was no big deal, now come on, we're settling for bed soon." JetStream walked after Corolla into the house.

"Okay." something big once again is upon them. After some time passed, as they planned they would go to bed, where after they would go to Ponyville for the celebration of the millennia. Only if it seemed to go faster then they thought, unless JetStream's nightmares would end... and yet...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JetStream's eyes opened inexpediently, "Wha-? ..." his eyes open to see a ruble of a castle.

"What happened here!? I was just in bed moments ago..." his vision was able to see further every second passed. At first it looked like there were two staircases heading downward in a semi-circle formation. When the staircases were fully revealed, JetStream realized he was right in the middle of the room he appeared in. The next thing that showed surprised him. It was a huge stained-glass window right on the wall positioned in the middle of the stairs. Soon after something started to glow behind the window, which made it shine upon him, "Is that, the moon?" JetStream focused on the stained window, and it seemed to hold a picture. JetStream gasped when he realized what it was. The window seemed to look like Celestia, and some other pony JetStream doesn't seem to recognize. And they seem to be shooting a rainbow at a weird creature. Yet in the first place it makes him wonder why such a thing his here, and why he's seeing this, "What is this abou-...?" he paused when a voice was coming from somewhere, "Who... Who is that!?"

"Well... it has been a long time, hasn't JetStream?" that bittersweet voice, it gave him chills when ever she said his name, "Neurelm? Is that you?"

"Ah, I'm glad you recognize me, even before I finally show myself for the last time." JetStream went silent, grimacing.

"The, last time?" she suddenly appeared walking down the steps.

"Yes..." JetStream took a step back.

"Where are we anyway?"

"It's an old castle of mine..." JetStream gasped.

"Yours!?" Neurelm suddenly went silent, her head shifted like she wanted JetStream to consider it. JetStream raised an eyebrow.

"Never mind that..." she spoke, "... Now, I'm going to show who I truly am before anypony else." his head tilted.

"What? Before anypony else?" she paused.

"... Indeed..." she looked slightly downward as she said that.

"As I have spoke more then half a decade ago, I would return." JetStream gasped as he realized.

"... Yeah, you did." she smirked as she looked down on him.

"You possibly forgot didn't you?" he swayed his left hoof on the concrete.

"... Possibility?" she laughed at his innocence, then she paused once more.

"... My pity for you is running short, so that is why I am here." JetStream didn't like the sound of that.

"Really? ..." JetStream asked nervously. Neurelm paused once more, grimacing toward JetStream. It gave pressure to JetStream with the uneasiness. JetStream was surprised that she suddenly closed her eyes, and kept them close, "..." JetStream carefully looked through the room, there was no where to go. When he finally blinked, he ended up in an hallway, there was a red carpet on the bottom and there were torches on the walls, it didn't look like the hallway ended either, "Whoa, where are we?" She gave him a glare, when JetStream somehow understood completely.

"..." she signaled for him being quiet. Her mouth opened, and yet, instead of words, they were words spoken fluently, like in a song...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time flows, yet nopony knows... the years, go by, where we are... alone... from here.
Dark eyes, strange coloured skies. My eyes deceive, what is wrong... with me?
Deep in the night you'd think everything's right, tell it to yourself, say "It's just, a nightmare."

When JetStream heard those words, he somehow mouthed them at the same time.

Something is telling you, nothing can change who you are...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Again? ..." JetStream responded. She looked rather angrily at him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why should it matter your dreams of a foal, when your innocence is gone, you only have fear to play with.
Time is always changing, yet nothing is changing that pain, never late...
One second I make getting closer, and closer...
And one more breath I take, sends me further back...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neurelm started to moan softly, as if it was an extra towards this song of hers. Until JetStream realized that she was crying, 'Is that even her singing...?' JetStream at this point was more worried, surprisingly. There seemed to be a big gaping hole in the wall coming up as they were walking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over and over it'll call to your soul, say it isn't so, emptiness surrounds you.
No one can help if your angels refuse to come near...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why now?" JetStream asked, as he saw tiny white dots on the outside of that hole. It made him shiver.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cold vivid mem'ries, they lay heavy on your heart.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Something in my way..." JetStream responded, she had enough, he wouldn't interrupt no further

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Never mind, your reason.
Your visions are truthful and reasons just live to suffice, every time.
The cold, bold lies, your fear... returning...
It is not, the looks, you receive, that is chilling you...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JetStream was speechless, "Was that...?" Neurelm was silent for some reason, but she finally spoke up when they somehow reached the end of the hall way.

"From now on, JetStream. I prefer to be called Nightmare Moon!"

"What!?" she flapped her wings so hard it created some air barrier, JetStream's breath suddenly became cold.

"... Good bye..." she said rather weakly. As soon as JetStream felt the hard wind traveling his way. He flung from his bed.

"Gah!..." JetStream paused and looked around.

"... I remember... the whole thing, about before... when I was in the hotel, six years ago... the moon's silhouette, the mare on the moon..." JetStream paused to collect it all, "Is what she says to Nightmare Moon... but what did she mean by that being her, last time? And with it being the last time I see her, I was supposed to call her Nightmare Mo- which I wasn't even aware of saying that either!" he loudly whispered. JetStream looked up, just as the tip of the sun went above the horizon, when it all hit him, "Today's the day..."


~~~Chapter End~~~