• Published 11th Feb 2014
  • 9,491 Views, 320 Comments

Life of a Dragon: Die for Metal - MoshKing



Spike is pushed too far and runs away, and learns of the raw power behind heavy metal.

  • ...
22
 320
 9,491

Update

To anybody who has bothered to stick around while this story has hovered in limbo, I owe you an explanation:



For the longest time, I've been trying to get back to this story, but I couldn't come up with any ideas I liked to continue from where I left off. Looking back at what I've previously published, I realized that I'm capable of writing much better material than the garbage that's already been posted. When I started this fic, I was a dumb high school student with shitty emo tendencies, and it shows in my writing. Every time I re-read this story, it screams: "DUMB FUCKING EDGELORD" to me. Now that I've left my teenage years behind and I've grown out of that particular set of bad habits, I'm going to start from scratch. Hell, I think I'll change the title, too. Once I get the first chapter finished and posted, I'm trashing all my previous work. Hopefully, I'll be done soon, so if you've been hanging in there, it'll only be a little while longer.



May the Rock be with you.

-MoshKing

Comments ( 35 )

Ok. That's fine bro.

I cant wait its gonna be awesome

I can't wait to see it. XD

Canot wait.
If the highschool version was this awesome than the new version shall be

"Put on shades"

Rocking

"YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!"

Dude I had a heart attack when I saw the update I legit forgot about this story :twilightblush: can’t wait to see where you take it

It lives!:pinkiehappy:

9626372
Yeah, my writing was pretty shit.

9626686
Are you serious or are you trolling?

9626697
No trolling. I started this morning on chapter 1 and it's coming along nicely. I'm having a harder time figuring out a new title, pic, and description than I am what to write for my story.

honestly i just kept thinking this was similar to the game brutal legend

9626789
Well, that's where I got the idea. Brutal Legend is one of my favorite video games

if you accept some of these ideas:
Put the tag comedy replace tag gore for violence, make those crazy tours by Equestria or other countries.

It would be nice to see the routine of Big Mac understanding to someone who takes this routine.

Lets Spike thing be chosen lets it to sequel.

I liked in the history of anthro Celestria being biological mother of Spike owns 95% Dragon and 5% pony had some intimate relation with his father.

In its history showing other nations have draconica grace to Spike have begun to have good relations with this countries.

Celestia is worried her son did not have a relationship with anyone knowing that the ambassador is trying a daughter, she had hoped Spike would have a girlfriend or future some more.

Interesting to have the daughter of the ambassador, is disenchanted with not knowing the son of Celestia, but knows him in the first show without knowing that he was the son of Celestia and Spike without knowing that she is the daughter of the ambassador when to see after the show, is exchanging letters Until the day that Fic finishes, they know each other and surprise each other.

oh thank discord i hope for more i love this story its amazing

Glad the story ain't dead, i'll be looking forward to the... reboot.

When will the update happen?

9627374
I really like one of the ideas you pitched...what a twist if it turned out to be true!! But then there is the point where Spike and his soulmate actually meet...how would it work for starters. Would it be chance, completely random, or kinda or a destiny/fate thing?

Comment posted by tx-300 deleted Jul 18th, 2019
Comment posted by tx-300 deleted Jul 18th, 2019
Comment posted by tx-300 deleted Jul 17th, 2019
Comment posted by tx-300 deleted Jul 18th, 2019

or she also decided to be a rock and metal singer.

or a fan decides to accompany his idol.

or appears at the end of the fanfic when Spike in prince clothes with hair cut off, introducing herself to her and talking talking as a fan of her songs, she wants to know if the stories on the road are true. Spike's heart already healed he can finally love again

if it gets too big it leaves for sequels.

Another thing can put in the fanfic that the ​​fire Ruby can transform into eternal Ruby the color of it a flaming crimson and also can carve the beat of hearts in the eternal ruby, it means that the two souls were united, Celestia and Spike's father were so in love the ruby ​​of her has become even one of them dies the ruby ​​still remains so for all eternity showing that the love of his soul goes beyond. Even the Pie family finds it a myth of the existence of the eternal ruby ​​he does not know that as soon as the ruby ​​is made.

Things I would not change to Fanfic:

The betrayal of Twiligth or Rarity giving the impact.

The story of the ruby ​​fire that discord tells her.

I would keep some chapters to have some good thing 1-8 chapters.

which I think in my opinion can change in fanfic:

Twiligth and Rarity are still going to continue their relationship only if they have their difficulties from their ups and downs. But they continue this problem because for lack of that maturity to actually have a firm relationship, could put on the party in the crystal empire that Rainbow Dash tell Spike that they are giving a break.

in the speech of Spike's father he has to speak to Celestia 'our son' in chapter 9.

Prince Blueblood because of his attitudes towards others, he calls a volunteer to help him better relationships with ponies and non-ponies, who one time falls in love with Octivia only he did not know that she and Vinyl Scratch are girlfriend for some time. It gets cheated some time after that happened with Spike feeling an empathy with him calls what felt the worst thing that can exist.

Chapter 10 would remove what was to make Spike's trajectory for his albums, festival, shows, fights and so on. You determine where to end.

On the road Spike has to become this already mature Chapter 10 guy who took some time, his way to maturity. After fulfilling his first album of songs on these journeys he began to mature knowing every person, every mare, every griffin, every male and female races, thus freeing himself from the curse of Ruby Spike Fire, not only did he not feel the love another.

Now he understands that it is that he doing those works for main 6 (Rarity) does not mean that he will be able to win the heart, especially his beloved, that he was selfish not showing his feelings to her, if he had told them it would be more easy solve the problems they did not need to carry the world on the back could count on all friends.

because in chapter 8 he shows all immaturity and the girls too, how they will resolve their departure summarize when immature they are by the feelings. he thinks that solving his problems, not, Spike was douchebag.

9626608
sorry if I'm being too boring for author of fic

9733205
if it is your fic, take the time to read it.

9626788
As long as the high school version keeps them as anthropomorphic creatures instead of going into the human area I'm good mostly because I prefer Dragon Spike to Human Spike mostly because dragons are awesome. Plus it would make it really easy for Spike to pull off the whole fire breathing thing that I'm betting a lot of metal bands do. So don't restrict it just to metal Branch out to other genres of music that way Spike's band that can be known for something other than just metal.

Hope he updates soon

Still waiting on this story it's really good my guy. I don't want this story to die just yet

And now...we wait...a wee bit longer at best hopefully-

10421294
Well I hope things are better between them in the next story. :twilightsmile:

Hope to see this back soon

Like to see this continue on.

Login or register to comment