• Published 26th Jan 2014
  • 1,870 Views, 56 Comments

The Ballad of Rainbow Dash - Ron Jeremy Pony



Rainbow Dash's life as a human, in Liberty City with Niko Bellic.

  • ...
15
 56
 1,870

September

GTA: The Ballad of Rainbow Dash
Chapter 12: September

(Rusty Brown’s Ring Donuts – two weeks later)

Elizabeta sipped her coffee as Pinkie came almost skipping over to their booth. She was surprised at how much the girl had opened up. Not to mention the girl could bake. Everything she had gotten from ‘Thick, Sticky, and Sweet Batter Bakery’ didn’t hold a light to what Pinkie could make. Naturally she couldn’t let such fantastic talents go to waste.

She had been caught before because she was too open with what she did. She had let everyone know about her practices, or at least everyone who cared to know. This time she was taking it easier and slower. She was still back in business, but she was doing it through a business venture. The opportunity came when the Burger Shot near her closed its doors for the last time.
She did want to help Pinkie, keep her safe, but there was no reason she couldn’t earn a little money while doing it. That’s when she told Pinkie how she thought of opening a bakery near her home. The girl seemed interested, and she admitted that she had some experience working in a bakery. It wouldn’t be hard to hide some of the coke, and other things, in the cakes and pies Pinkie would make. It would be a real business that catered to those in the know, and those not in it.

So now, she sat in this donut hole-in-the-wall, and began going through the various things she would have to buy for the Bakery itself.

“Izzy, what cha thinking about?” Pinkie asked.

“Nothing Mija, just thinking about the bakery, and what we’re going to need for it,” she said.

“Oh, well I know we need an oven, you know a big one, I remember the one that I used to work had had a big one, but it never seemed big enough. I mean I tried to cook a six layer cake in there once, and it wouldn’t fit. Of course Mrs. Cake, she was one of the owners, she said that you couldn’t bake the layers on top of each other, but how else are they going to get to know one another unless they are already on top of each other? Oh, and then I wanted to fix a special black berry cobbler, for my friend AJ, but Mrs. Cake said the oven couldn’t hold a pan big enough for a twenty-two pound cobbler. What kind of oven can’t hold a cobbler?! I was just trying to make it big enough. Then Dashie tried to order a hundred cupcakes one time, and I put them all in there, but it caused the oven to make this funny Woosh sound!” Pinkie exclaimed.

Elizabeta watched her for a moment and just sat back. She had already tried to stop the girl when she went off on a story before. Eventually she would get back on track and then they could talk. At least while she was doing this it was entertaining. As Pinkie continued to wind herself through the long, and confusing, very confusing, story Elizabeta picked up a filled donut and bit into it. A little bit of strawberry filling leaked out and suddenly Pinkie stopped talking.

“Is that a strawberry filled donut?” she asked.

Elizabeta looked at her strangely for a moment before nodding.

“Yes, it is,” she replied.

“Oh, those are so yummy, but then so are blueberry filled, and apple filled, they are just so good!” Pinkie exclaimed.
Elizabeta pushed another filled donut to Pinkie who bit into it and chewed noisily for several seconds. Elizabeta watched her as she finished the donut and then moved on to the glazed ones in front of her.

“Izzy, we’re friends right?” she asked.

“Of course we are Mija. Why are you asking?” Elizabeta asked.

“Because I like to be friendly, and I like to talk,” she said as she rubbed her hands together.

“What is wrong Pinkie my friend?” Elizabeta asked.

“I just want to make sure that we’re friends,” Pinkie said.

She could see her hair starting to deflate a little. It seemed to come and go almost on its own. She would be undeniably excited and happy for one minute, and the next… the next moment she was reserved and sad. Elizabeta touched one of her hands and grinned at her.

“Mija, what did I say huh? We’re friends. I wouldn’t just let anyone stay with me for so long,” she said.

“Oh, okay. Who was that one guy though? The one who came by yesterday?” she asked.

“Oh him, he was one of those bikers that I sometimes worked with. Mr. Johnny Klebitz, and he’s not so bad, he’s just a little off in the head. I think it comes from him hanging around that junkie puta of his,” she replied.

“Oh, okay, say, what’s a puta?” Pinkie asked.

Elizabeta face palmed and tried to think of how to put it to her.

“It’s a girl of questionable morals who doesn’t believe in loyalty, and will watch her friends burn for a few dollars,” Elizabeta said.
It felt almost sad when she said it. There had been times that she had been like that. Granted she didn’t do it for meth money, but she had let friends go down without help in the past because of the money offered by a competitor. She didn’t like to think of herself like that, but it was there. It was in her past for the entire world to see, and she couldn’t hide all of it. Maybe that’s why she was trying to help Pinkie.

It was a chance to make herself clean. She might not be able to really become completely free and clean, but this was a chance to at least remove a few stains from her record. She stopped her musing when Pinkie waved a hand in front of her.

“Earth to Izzy,” she said.

Once again her hair had puffed back out some.

“Sorry Mija, I was lost in thought,” she said.

“That’s okay, but what did he want?” she asked.

“Who? Johnny? He was wanting to know about an old business associate of mine. I told him what I could remember, but I don’t think that it will do him much good,” she replied.

“Why?” Pinkie asked.

“He went to San Andreas some time ago. I’m not sure where he went in the state exactly, but I know that Johnny seems to want to find him,” she said.

She looked at her pink haired friend for a moment and then at the old clothes she was wearing. Pinkie hadn’t complained when she found some clothes that belonged to a couple of girls that had worked for her a few years ago, but the clothes weren’t in the best of shape.

“What do you say to us going and getting you something better to wear? There’s a Modo in Algonquin. We’ll go there and get a couple of suits of clothes. I’m needing something else to wear as well,” she said.

(Liberty Lanes – Algonquin – Same time)

Niko groaned as he stood up. His leg and chest was healing, but all of the wounds burned like fire when he walked. To be honest he was surprised that Dash agreed to them spending some time with Brucie and Tracy today. The four of them, well five if he wanted to count Tracy’s mother Darlene who was over at the snack bar flirting with the employee, were there to play a friendly little game.

“All right, I’m going to show you how this is done,” Dash said as she walked up to the line.
She lined up her ball and hurled it down the lane. It rolled, hard, toward the pins and blasted eight of them over leaving a seven/ten split.

“Good job, but lets see you pick that up,” Brucie said.

“You buy us all a round of beers if I do?” Dash asked.

“A round for us? I’ll buy everyone in here a round if you do!” Brucie exclaimed.

She took careful aim. She had done this before in Ponyville. All it would take is one good throw and she could get both pins. She reached back, let it loose, and the ball hurled toward the number ten pin. She watched as it neared the gutter and right before it fell into the gutter it hit the pin. The number ten pin flew across the short distance toward the other pin and just barely connected on the top.

They watched as it rocked back and forth for a moment. At first she began to wonder if it was going to fall over or not, but then it went down with ease.

“Well look at that. I’d say that it looks like you owe everybody in here a little something to drink,” Dash said.

She turned as she felt something. She couldn’t explain it. It felt wrong. She had felt this once. It was as if there was something here that didn’t belong. She looked and there was a tall Eastern European man with unkempt hair standing two lanes down. He was talking to a couple of guys dressed in biker leathers. He turned toward her and she saw his eyes change. They changed from an emerald green to a sapphire blue then back again.

She almost tripped over herself as she noticed that. She had seen one other creature do something similar before. A changeling, but that couldn’t be possible. She shook her head. Whatever that changeling was doing here it couldn’t be good. He walked past them and then outside.

“Dash, what’s up? You going to play or stand there gawking at those guys?” Brucie asked.

“Is something wrong?” Niko asked.

“I… I don’t know. I can’t be sure, not yet, but if it tries to get wrong I’ll let you know,” she said.

“But if it’s the kind of trouble I think it is… Niko, they’re not like what you’ve faced before,” she thought.

Author's Note:

(AN: Oh no, the changeling has been noticed by Dash. Does the changeling know that it’s her? Stay tuned, and thanks for reading!
Thanks again,

LF)