• Published 24th Jan 2014
  • 1,807 Views, 27 Comments

It's a wonderful friendship - Ugly-Duckling123



Twilight sees what Equestia would be like if she never went to ponyville

  • ...
10
 27
 1,807

Chapter 3

After being led back out the room Twilight saw Luna waiting for her. Knowing to stay quiet until they were alone, she followed Non-Rainbow Dash until she stopped at Canterlot train station.

"All right, you wimps, you heard where you're going," Rainbow called out to the remaining ponies. (The two for the guard were already being set up at the castle.) "Those of you who Discord chose, get your flanks over to the other side of the station. Those of you who King Sombra chose get on the next train to the Crystal Empire."

As she was beginning to walk away Twilight spoke up, "Wait Rainbow Dash. You don't have to follow Sombra and Nightmare Moon, I know how loyal you can be. You just need to come over to the side of friendship and harmony. We just need to find the rest of our friends, and the Elements then we can fix all this we can...." but she was forced to stop as a sword was up against her neck.

"If King Sombra didn't favor you for some reason, I would kill you right here and now, for saying I'm not loyal to those I love," Non-Rainbow said through her teeth.
"Do you think I'm the Captain of the Nightmare Guard by choice? No I was forced into it. I had to leave my one and only friend. I had to tell her to run into the Everfree Forest and stay there till I came back for her. But guess what, I never did. Now I'll never see Fluttershy again. I'm staying here so that the king and queen can't find her and turn her into one of those statues because she's so weak and is always scared." She finally dropped the sword, tears starting to sting her eyes. "That's how loyal I am. Now put a lid on it and get on that train when it comes." She turned and started walking away.

Shocked at what she had just heard about Fluttershy, Twilight continued to stare at this Rainbow Dash, going over in her head what she just said, finally turning to Luna to see if it were true. Sadly Luna nodded.


The train ride was a long and quiet one. The two foals that were with Twilight seemed too scared to talk but huddled close to her for protection non-the-less. After they were asleep and checking no one else was there to hear her, Twilight turned to Luna.

"So that's two of my friends I now know the whereabouts of. What about the rest?"

"Well Miss Pinkie Pie is Discord's court jester in... ugh Discord-ville, Miss Rarity is in charge of Sombra's crystal mine, and Miss Applejack, with her whole family surprisingly, those Cutie-Mark-Crusaders and some other ponies, is the leader of the resistance trying to work out how to de-throne Nightmare Moon and Sombra."

Then thinking back to what was said as Luna began this spell "And of my brother and Cadence?" Twilight asked worryingly. "And Spike?"

Shocked that Twilight had asked this question so soon Luna looked away.

The silence was all that was needed for Twilight as she looked down at the foals in front of her, making a promise that until this was over however long it would take, she would protect them.

Thinking that she had learnt enough for that err... night, Twilight settled down and went to sleep.


In the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters.....

"Alright y'all, I just got word that even more ponies were taken to Canterlot this morning. One of them for some reason by Sombra himself. Am I right?"

"Yes Ma'am," a Pegasus stallion said, looking over a map of Equestia with Applejack and Big Mac.

"For a reason we're not sure of, Sombra was out in Discord-ville scouting the edge of the Everfree Forest, as though there was something in here, apart from us."

"Send out the Crusaders to check it out then, Thunder-Lane. But tell them to be careful and stick to the shadows."

"Yes Ma'am." He saluted and ran out the door.

"There may be something else in this forest," Applejack thought out loud, looking at the map.

"Well Sis," Big Mac said in his rough voice, "When I was out the other night patrolling our borders, I thought I could hear singing. Singing and howling."

Confused even more by this news, Applejack turned around. "As long as we keep these so called Elements of Harmony safe."

Just then the doors slammed open and in ran their cousin Braeburn and the girlfriend Lill' Strong-heart (a buffalo princess who was made run away from the danger in Appleloosa by father Chief Thunderhooves ) with worried faces.

"Cuz, we seem to be missing two foals," Braeburn said straight out.

"What do you mean, missing two foals?" Applejack asked spinning on her heels.

"Just that Applejack," Lill' Strong-heart said "They were playing the the courtyard a few hours ago, we went to search for food. When we came back they were gone."

"Do you think... I mean we heard Sombra was about today, Cuz?"

"Yes I do, and yes he was." Applejack said sighing "And because they're foals he'll send them to his mines."

"Do you know who they were?" Big Mac asked.

"No," Braeburn said. "They never said anything. All we know is that they were a colt and filly Earth Pony blank flanks."

"As much as it pains me to say it, we can't do anything for them at the moment," Applejack said bowing her head praying to Celestia they would be alright.

"But..."

"No buts, Braeburn we have other problems," Applejack said returning to the map. "It seems as though there may be something with the Timber Wolves."


In fact there was something with the Timber Wolves. A yellow butter cream something with pink hair and a pair of wings.

Fluttershy, the pony Rainbow told Twilight about, was playing with the newest Timber Wolf cubs and was looking after them when their parents were out hunting.

"Please Auntie Fluttershy," one of the cubs yelped bouncing up and down, "Please tell us another poem of yours."

"Alright," Fluttershy smiled looking around to check that they were all settled before she began.

I am a little conker
Just fallen off my tree,
Wrapped up in my shell,
Wanting to be free

I am a little conker
Spotted by a child
Who opens me up and
Takes me on a journey quite wild

I am a little conker
Placed in a pot
Fed, watered
And loved a whole lot

I am a big conker tree
Many years on
Hoping when my children fall
They'll have a journey like mine when they're gone

The cubs howls of appreciation for such a great poem was cut short when they heard footsteps coming toward them. Footsteps that did not belong to their parents.

"Come on Scootaloo," a high pitched voice called out. "Do you even know where you're going?"

"Of course Apple Bloom," another replied. "And I'm telling you I heard something coming from over here."

Gasping Fluttershy rounded up the cubs and was leading them further into the forest. After telling them to stay there and stay quiet until either a grown up or she came to get them, she went out to see what it was coming toward them.

To her surprise, it was three ponies, a Pegasus, a Unicorn and an Earth pony all wearing scarlet capes around their necks.

"Come on Sweetie Belle," the orange Pegasus called over her shoulder. "Why are you always so far behind us?"

"Well sorry Scootaloo," the Unicorn said "but you try and live literally your whole life without your sister. Always worried of what has become of her, never hearing anything about her, whether she's ok, or anything..." the Unicorn started sniffing. Fluttershy spotting tears in her eyes.

The yellow Earth pony with a big red bow went over to comfort her.

Suddenly a howl was heard and the girls froze, ears twitching, fear on their faces.

Then out of the trees came the grownups of the Timber Wolf pack surrounding the ponies.

Author's Note:

If some names are spelt wrong, they're the best i could do. :twilightblush:

hope you like my poem :yay: