• Published 16th Mar 2014
  • 1,911 Views, 25 Comments

On Her Majesty's Dragonish Service - DinoDenver



Spike, the cute little dragon among ponies. Twilight Sparkle's number one assistant. But not many ponies know, that there is more to him than meets the eye.

  • ...
3
 25
 1,911

Chapter 5

Spike opened his eyes, but it didn't change much. Everything was pitch black.

He decided to use his flame as light source, but that didn't help much either.

Adding that to his last memory being drowning in lava... It was looking rather bad.

"Greetings, Spike The Dragon."

"Princess Luna?"

"Indeed, it is I." Dark blue alicorn appeared before Spike, dim light coming out of her horn was just enough to illuminate her and Spike.

Few moments of awkward silence have passed, before Spike decided to speak up. "So, princess... Am I dreaming or have I died?"

"Sadly, I do not possess such knowledge, Spike." Luna replied.

"You don't?"

"You see, my mentor used to say that dream and death are like twin brothers. It isn't within my power to tell them apart within this realm."

"Well, that's a shame, I guess." Said Spike. "So, why did you come to see me here? Were you worried about me?" Mocking princess wasn't a really good idea, but Spike wasn't always all about good ideas.

"Actually I wanted to talk about this pervy dream of yours. You know, the one with Rarity."

For few moments only silence was filling the air.

It was Luna who broke it. "You know, the one with..."

"I get your point, I'm sorry, princess." Who would have thought, that dragon's scales can be this red.

"I'm glad to hear that. Let us get to your report hastily, we do not know how much time we've got."

***

"And now they're heading to Ponyville and Twilight Sparkle is their target." Spike finished his report to princess Luna.

"So this is how it is!"

"Yes, princess. Please, pass these informations to princess Celestia as soon as you can."

"I will, fret not." Luna stopped for a moment. "But isn't there something else... some other message you would like me to convey?"

Luna's words sent shivers down Spike's spine. Indeed... this might be his last chance to say something to his friends.

"There's so much I would like to say..."

"I've seen many ponies with this problem. We tend to say so little, yet when our time comes we'd like to say so much..."

"You know, princess. I'm... or I was a secret agent, I kinda had to keep many things just for myself."

"That's true, Spike. But don't be so negative, it isn't certain, that it is indeed your time."

"I sure hope so." Spike stopped for a moment to gather his thoughts. "I have a question... Will my friends know about my... service for the crown?"

"It won't be openly announced. But you will have a funeral with honors as an officer of Equestria's army, so I don't think Twilight Sparkle and her friends will have any doubts."

"I see... Well then... please tell Twilight that I'm sorry. I think she will understand, that I couldn't tell her everything. Tell her, that I'm sorry for leaving her side so soon. But she finally has found some good friends, I think she will be fine." He smiled. "Tell Shining Armor to find a good replacement for me, or I'll haunt him. And tell Derpy, that I'm sorry I didn't repay the debt. And one more thing: tell your sister, that I'm thankful for everything she did for me." Spike took deep breath. Hopefully he didn't forget anything.

"Are you sure this is all you want to say?"

"Well, of course not, but it sums it up pretty good."

"Don't you want to say something to somepony else?" Continued princess.

"Well... I'm sorry for your welcome back party, princess. I got little carried away..."

"Rarity?" Interrupted Luna.

This clearly saddened Spike. "What good would that bring? It is better to leave her oblivious, it will be better for her."

"In moment like this you can be little egoistic." Said Luna. "And guessing from her dreams she might be little less oblivious, than you might think, Spike."

Spike thought this over for few seconds. "I knew that... you know, that it might come to this... so I've written letters for all of my friends." He smiled slightly. "It was a pain to keep these up to date... Anyway, I've written two letters for Rarity. I wanted Twilight to decide, if Rarity should receive the second one. But maybe, princess, you're the one that should decide. Would you mind doing that for me?"

"You do realize, that I'll just give it to her, right?" Asked Luna.

"I do. I wouldn't ask otherwise." Spike and Luna shared a laugh.

Not for long though. Bright light appeared behind Spike.

"What's going on?" He asked.

"Looks like it isn't your time after all, Spike The Dragon." Luna smiled. "By the way, don't worry about what happened when we were celebrating my return. It was all in good fun."

Spike didn't have time to respond. He felt strange pulling sensation and everything vanished.