• Published 18th Jan 2014
  • 3,575 Views, 34 Comments

An Editorial Tale - Awkward Elipsis



A mysterious pony appears in equestria and appears to be more than he seems. Especially when the princesses know him in some way.

  • ...
8
 34
 3,575

Chapter 8 - How to Handle a Bully 101 (Episode 5)

"Come on Noctus," Spike called," it's been four days already!"

"You sure you don't got anymore of those nasty muffins." Noctus suspiciously asked.

"Yeah there were like only five left when I found them in the trash." Noctus covered his mouth.

"Fine." Noctus exited his room and looked at Spike.

Noctus, for the past four days, had been avoiding Spike for fear of seeing him eat those bad muffins again. Twilight had told Spike to regain Noctus's trust again. "There better not be any out here."

"I already told you! There aren't anymore!" Spike exclaimed. Noctus looked around the library.

"Where's Twilight?"

"She went to read outside at the park." Spike answered as he descended the stairs.

"I see. . . Well I'm going to go for a walk." Noctus walked out the door.

"Ok then, I'll just watch over the library, again."

Noctus turned his head as he stopped in front of the front door,"Thanks Spike." He continued through the door and closed it behind him. "Ok," Noctus said to himself, "where to now?" He began to aimlessly walk through town, saying hello to passing ponies. Noctus continued to just walk around until he noticed Twilight standing in front of a book store. "Hey Twilight, whatcha doing here? Spike said you were at the park."

Twilight turned to see Noctus walking up to her. "Hello Noctus, I was at the park, but I finished my book and was just here to see if I could find another one. And see as you're here, I'm guessing you're finally ok with being near Spike again?"

"A little," Noctus shrugged, "I still feel like he could have some of those muffins hiding around."

Twilight giggled, "No, I'm pretty sure I saw him eat the last one. There shouldn't be anymore."

"I hope so."

All of a sudden Pinkie Pie trotted up to them, "Twilight! Noctus! Have either of you seen Rainbow Dash anywhere?"

"Uh, isn't she right up there?" Twilight pointed up at a lone cloud in the sky. All three of them looked up to see Rainbow Dash trying to hide in the cloud, ostrich style.

"Rainbow Dash~" Pinkie called. Rainbow Dash immediately responded by quickly lifting her head out of the cloud(she also had a piece of the cloud on her head). She then quickly flew as fast as she could away. Pinkie Pie proceeded to follow Rainbow Dash by bouncing in her usual manner, but at a slower pace.

Noctus and Twilight continued to watch as Pinkie left. "What was that all about?" Noctus asked.

"I dunno." Twilight answered as she walked into the book store. Noctus just stared in thought of what just happened, but then just shrugged it off as normal events and continued his stroll.

After walking around town, getting an apple salad for lunch, and simply just exploring more of Ponyville, Noctus was headed back to the library as he spotted a familiar earth pony mare standing at a stall. "Oh, hey Aloe how are you doing?" Noctus greeted the mare as he approached. "Sorry I couldn't visit you at the spa, I've been kinda busy until now. Say did you change your mane and coat colors?" The mare looked exactly like Aloe but seemed to have a swapped color scheme to Aloe, except for the same color eyes and almost exact cutie mark.

"Oh hello," replied the mare (with a thick eastern European accent), "I am sorry , but you seem to have gotten me confused with my sister."

"Sister?"

"Yes, you see we are twins."

"Oh. . . So you're not Aloe?"

"Yes, Aloe is my twin sister, I am Lotus Blossom, but everypony just calls me Lotus."

"Ok, that explains the swapped colors." Noctus laughed.

"Yes, you must be Noctus I presume." Lotus asked.

"Uh, yea, how'd you know?"

"My sister has mentioned you once or twice to me. I must say you do seem different from normal ponies."

"Do I?" He felt a drop of sweat roll down his head.

"Yes, we actually had a conversation about what was so different about you. However we could not put our hoof on it."

"Ah, I see." Noctus sighed with relief. Suddenly there was a bolt of lightning and Noctus jumped into the air in fright. Lotus 's eyes widened as Noctus landed back onto the ground. Then Noctus began to hiccup as laughter resounded from two mares nearby. Turning to look, Noctus spotted Pinkie Pie on the ground laughing and Rainbow Dash on a cloud. "Rainbow!? Pinkie!? *hic* what the *hic did you *hic* do?!"

"We scared you so you would get the hiccups! And it worked" Rainbow Dash explained before she continued laughing.

"What? *hic* why!? *hic*" Noctus questioned.

"Cause it's funny silly!" Pinkie answered this time. Lotus began to giggle next to Noctus.

"It is a little funny." She said covering her mouth with her hoof.

"Hrmm, whatever. . ." Noctus pouted, "*hic*." After the 'hic' all three mares continued to laugh. "UGH! *hic* I'm leaving. See ya later Lotus, I'll *hic* try to go to the spa to visit *hic* sometime." Noctus said as he walked off in the direction of the library. Once he got to the library, Twilight was already back.

"Hey Noctus, how was your walk." She asked.

"Don't want to *hic* talk about it. *hic* I'm gonna go to sleep." Noctus replied as he hiccuped his way to his room.


~~~~~~~~###~~~~~~~~


The next day, Noctus decided to himself that he would sleep the entire day away. That is until Pinkie Pie barged into his room ranting about Rainbow Dash's old friend who came to visit. Now, he was wide awake and sitting in the main room in the library reading a book on more spells. "So Pinkie Pie, are you really sure that this friend of Rainbow Dash's is really so mean?" Twilight questioned.

"Um, yeah!" Pinkie restated, "She keeps stealing Rainbow Dash away from me, she popped my balloons, and she told me to buzz off! I've never met a griffin this mean."

"You've met other griffins before?" Noctus looked up from his book with a raised eyebrow.

"Well technically, Gilda is the first griffin I've ever met. But I bet if I had, she wouldn't have been as mean as Gilda!"

"You know what I think Pinkie Pie," Twilight looked at Pinkie, "I think, you're jealous."

"JEALOUS!?!"

"Green with envy" Spike added, "or in your case pink with envy."

Noctus stared at Spike, "Should have just stopped at green with envy Spike." He then looked back down at his book and continued to read.

"Well, yes, jealous." Twilight stated again, "Listen Pinkie, I don't want to upset you, but just because Rainbow Dash has a new friend doesn't make Gilda a grump. I mean, perhaps it's you Pinkie, who needs to improve her attitude."

"IMPROVE MY ATTITUDE!?!" Pinkie exploded, Noctus had gotten so surprised at the random out burst, that he dropped his book and looked at the girls. "But I-, it's Gilda that- , are you seri-, UGH!" Pinkie stomped out of the library making odd squeaking sounds with each step and slammed the door.

"Uhh," Noctus said, "maybe you could have said that another way?"

"Maybe," Twilight rubbed the back of her neck, "But just because Rainbow Dash has a new friend doesn't mean that the new friend is mean."

"Yeah, you're right." Noctus replied, "Sometimes."

Twilight was shocked at this, "Sometimes?"

"Yes, sometimes what you're saying is right. But not every time." Noctus lectured, "I have a policy that I won't make a decision until I have as much information about it as I can. So I believe, that before we should give advise to Pinkie Pie on Gilda, we should meet Gilda first."

"I guess that's rational." Twilight agreed.

"Good," Noctus nodded, then he magically picked up his book.

"You are going to go see Gilda."

"Wait what? Why?"

"I've already sent too much time away from the library this week. So you have to go see if Pinkie is right about Gilda."

"Ugh," Noctus rubbed his face, "I'm not getting dinner if I don't go will I?"

"Yup"

"Dang it!" He got up from his seat," I'll go find Gilda!"

Noctus exited the library and began searching around town for the griffin. "If I were a griffin, and I was in Ponyville where would I be. . ." He muttered to himself, "Actually, now that I think about it, I've never really transformed into a griffin before. So how the hell would I know where I'd be if I were a griffin in Ponyville?!" Noctus yelled to the sky, clenching his front legs. Looking up he happen to see Rainbow Dash and a griffin, head towards the town market. Noctus calmly put his front two legs back down, and silently head to the town market.

Reaching the market, Noctus looked up to the sky to find the two he was looking for. When he saw them they were flying just around in the sky. "What's so fun about aimlessly flying in circles?" He wondered. Looking back down he saw Pinkie Pie sitting alone sipping a smoothie. "Pinkie how you doing?"

"Oh hey Noctus," Pinkie sipped some of her smoothie, "I'm fine, do you think that I'm jealous of Gilda?"

"Well that's why I'm here." Noctus sat down across from Pinkie, "I'm here to see if Gilda really is how you describe her."

"Ok." Pinkie said dejectedly. After watching Rainbow Dash and Gilda fly for a few minutes they finally landed. They talked and Rainbow Dash left Gilda alone in the market.

Noctus looked back at Pinkie, "Well she seems like a normal friend." Noctus looked back at Gilda to see her tail poking out of a bunch of corn at a stall. Granny Smith walk to the stall and checked out the corn, however Granny Smith sees Gilda's tail poking out and freaks out screaming 'Rattler'.

"Poor Granny Smith! She did know it was a joke. How mean." Pinkie stated, but then shook her head, "No, no, I shouldn't misjudge her, it was a little funny."

"True. . . The mean part, not the funny part." Noctus agreed. After leaving the corn stand, Gilda walked by another food stand that was busy with customers and used her tail to snatch an apple.

"*GASP* I did misjudge her! She's not just a meany-mean pants! She's also a Thief!" Pinkie slammed her hoof on the table, but then shook her head again, "No, no, no, she might give it back. It's, just a joke."

"Yeah, they'll get it back, in about 2 to 4 hours," Noctus laughed, "but that aside, I am starting to get an impression of Gilda." Then Pinkie and Noctus notice Fluttershy leading a family of ducks. "Fluttershy?" Noctus mumbled. Fluttershy was walking backwards, leading the ducks, while everypony moved out of her way. That is, everypony but Gilda. Noctus knew Gilda saw Fluttershy was in front of her and continued on a collision course. Noctus narrowed his eyes glaring at Gilda, 'Something is going to happen.'

"Hey!" Gilda shouted as Fluttershy bumped into her.

"Oh, please excuse me." Fluttershy apologized.

"I'm walking' here!"

"Oh, um," Fluttershy was slowly backing up. "I'm sorry I was um, just trying to-

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Gilda mocked in a high pitched voice, "Why don't you just watch where you're going doofus!"

"Bu-,bu-,bu-,bu-, I- I-" Gilda then took a deep breath and roared at Fluttershy, making Fluttershy run away crying.

"Ugh,please," Gilda continued, "all these lame poines are driving me buggy. I gotta bail." Gilda then flapped her wings and took off. By this time Noctus was steaming mad and was already out of his seat.

"OH THAT IS IT!" Noctus exploded,(This section of the story has been censured to protect all the little fillies and colts. You may use your imagination to guess what Noctus is saying.) "THAT LITTLE *BEEP*-ING GRIFFIN!!! I'M GONNA *BEEP*-ING MESS HER UP SO BAD THAT NOPONY WILL BE ABLE TO TELL WHICH IS HER LION PARTS, HER EAGLE PARTS, OR HER LITTLE *BEEP* ATTITUDE!!! OOH IS SHE LUCKY I DON'T HAVE MY *BEEP*-ING SHADOW POWER RIGHT NOW, OR I WOULD GIVE HER THE *BEEP*-ING WORST *BEEP*-ING LIVING NIGHTMARE THAT EVEN LUNA WOULD BE SCARED!!!" Pinkie quickly lunged and grabbed onto Noctus to hold him back.

"But what about watching her until you could judge if she's a good pony or not?" Pinkie argued.

"OH I THINK I'VE SEEN ENOUGH TO TELL WHAT TYPE OF PONY SHE IS!! SHE'S A *BEEP*-ING SON OF A *BEEEP* THAT SHOULD EAT NOTHING BUT HER OWN *BEEP* CAUSE THAT'S AS CLOSE TO FOOD SHE DESERVES!!!" Noctus continued, struggling against Pinkie's vice-grip. "AND HOW IN THE WORLD ARE YOU SO STRONG!!!"

"Noctus I know you're mad. But I have a plan!" Noctus paused.

"A plan?"

"Yes, but I'll only tell you if you once calm down" Pinkie stated.

"Fine." Noctus agreed and tried to calm himself down. After five minutes of silence and stares from surrounding ponies Noctus cooled down enough to talk. "Ok, now will you tell me the plan?"

"Alright," Pinkie cleared her throat," I agree that Gilda is the meanest kind of meany-pants there is! This calls for extreme measures! And we'll do this, Pinkie Pie Style!"

"Pinkie Pie Style?"

"Yes! and here's the plan." Pinkie leaned forward and began whispering into Noctus's ear.

"Uh, Pinkie, you're just making whisper sounds in my ear."

"Shush! We got to do this till the screen blacks out!" Pinkie whispered.

"What are you talking-"

"Shhh!" Pinkie shoved her hoof in Noctus's mouth. "Right about. . . . Now! Ok, we're good." Taking her hoof out of his mouth. "Now I can tell you the plan!"

"Welcome!" Pinkie Pie greeted the pony entering through the door,"Welcome, welcome, welcome."

"Who's this Gilda I've been hearing about?" Applejack asked.

"I've heard she is an old friend of Rainbow Dash. A griffin, so rare." Rarity answered. Twilight was talking with Fluttershy about Gilda.

"You've met Gilda right? What's she like?" Twilight inquired.

"Oh um well, I'll tell you later Twilight." Fluttershy said," Um excuse me Twilight, but I need to go talk to Pinkie Pie, if you don't mind."

"Not at all Fluttershy." Twilight moved out off the way for Fluttershy. She then spotted Noctus looking at the snack table and decided to ask him about Gilda. "Hey Noctus." Twilight stood next to Noctus and pick up a cupcake.

"Hi," Noctus replied.

"So, you met Gilda yet?"

"Oh yes I did." Noctus said with spite.

"Ok. . . So how was she?"

"She's worst than how Pinkie described."

"Really? How?"

"She scared Granny Smith and stole food. Worst of all, she bumped into Fluttershy on purpose and then yelled at her for not watching where she was going!" Noctus explained.

"Are you sure?" Twilight backed up.

"Yeah, I watched the whole entire thing. Gilda is lucky that Pinkie convinced me not to do what I originally was planning on doing."

"What? What were you planning on doing?!" Twilight worryingly looked around.

"Nothing." Noctus said as a smirk grew on his face. He looked and saw Pinkie give him the signal, "I gotta go do something, see you later Twilight." Noctus walked off and disappeared into the crowd.

"Ok, time to do what I do best." Noctus rubbed his hooves together, "Making a plan come together!" Noctus laughed maniacally, "Let's see," he took out a scroll with a checklist on it. "The only challenging part of this is that I got to get rid of the prank as soon as it's activated. First, replace the vanilla lemon drops with the spicy lemon drops." Noctus grabbed the spicy drops from under the table and swapped them with the normal ones. "Ok next, switch the punch cups with dribble glasses." Noctus casualy walked over to the punch bowl and swapped the cups. "Lastly, place the 'present' on the present table. And then I'm done for now." Noctus easily walked over to the presents and placed his 'gift'. "There, now to go and wait by the lemon drops. I want a good view when this starts." He walked over to the snack table and pretended to be sampling.

Soon after completing is objective, Gilda showed up with Rainbow Dash. Pinkie greeted Gilda like nothing ever happened as Rainbow Dash went to talk to some friends. Noctus observed everything so carefully he didn't notice Rainbow Dash show up beside him. "Hey Noctus."

"Hey." Noctus greeted plainly.

"It was really nice of you all to throw a party for Gilda."

"Yeah, no problem." Noctus stared directly at Gilda.

"Ooo are these vanilla lemon drops?" Rainbow Dash reached for a lemon drop.

"Nope, switched them out already."

"Great! Oh man, Gilda is going to get a really good laugh out of this!" Rainbow Dash put a leg around Noctus's neck, "Thanks for helping me with my pranks, even if it was your idea."

"No prob." Noctus smiled back until Rainbow Dash walked off. He quickly acted natural and picked up a cupcake.

Soon after Rainbow Dash went back to Gilda, they all came back to the snack table. "Vanilla lemon drops! Don't mind if I do!" Gilda reached for a lemon drop and plopped it into her mouth. Immediately she felt the chilies and shot fire out of her mouth. Pinkie lifted a marshmallow on a stick into the fire. As Gilda ran for something to wash the lemon drops down. After she ran, Noctus replaced the normal lemon drops.

"G! The punch!" Rainbow Dash pointed to the punch bowl. Gilda quickly rushed over to the punch bowl, grabbed the closest cup, and tried to drink it. However thanks to Noctus the cup she picked up the dribble cup.

"Well whata you know! Pepper in the vanilla drops, and the punch served in a dribble glass!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"Ha! Priceless, Priceless!" Rainbow Dash laughed. Gilda quickly ran to another punch bowl and splashed it into her mouth.

"Yeah, hilarious." Gilda rolled her eyes. Noctus walked over to the cups and took out the dribble glasses.

"Hey G! Look presents!" Rainbow Dash called. Gilda immediately dashed over and opened to one Noctus had placed. Once she opened it though, it release a bunch of fake snakes. Everypony laughed at the third prank in a row.

"Spitting snakes heh," Applejack commented, "Somepony pulled that prank on me last month!"

"Haha, I bet I know who that was." Gilda looked at Pinkie.

"You do?" Pinkie said innocently. Noctus was silently watching from the edge of the crowd.

"On to phase 2." Noctus said to himself as he tiptoed into the kitchen.

About half way into the party, while Fluttershy was conducting a concert with her birds, Pinkie rolled out a huge cake. "Cake time everypony!"

"Hey can I blow out the candles?" Spike asked enthusiastically.

"Why don't we let Gilda blow out the candles Spike? She is the guest of honor after all." Twilight stated.

"Exactly!" Gilda exclaimed as she elbowed Spike out of the way. She then proceeded to take a deep breath and blow out the candles. However the candles relighted themselves after she blew on them. Gilda noticed and tried to blow them out, only for them to relight themselves again. She continuously tried to blow the candles out while everypony laughed.

"Haha! Relighting birthday candles, I love that prank! What a classic." Spike laughed.

"Now I wonder who could have done that!" Pinkie pretended wonder, Noctus smiling from the crowd.

"Yeah, I wonder." Gilda glared at Pinkie. However while everypony was laughing, Spike tunneled into the cake.

"Mmm, who cares. This cake is a amazing!" Spike said as he popped out of the top of the cake.

"Spike!" Twilight scolded.

"What? It's great, try some!"

Rainbow Dash walked up to Gilda and tried to comfort her while everypony else tried some cake. Noctus, on the other hoof, went to work on his part of the plan. He walked up to the cake and grabbed a hoof full. While everypony was getting ready to play pin the tail on the pony. Rarity wanted to go first, however Gilda, claiming that she should go first, snatched the tail. It didn't matter to Noctus, as he looked at make sure nopony saw him as he dropped his piece of cake on the ground, "Whoopsie, silly me, I'll just go get some more." He said to nopony in general. Noctus trotted over to the cake and grabbed another piece as they blindfolded Gilda and spun her around. All Noctus needed to do is stand back, eat some cake, and watch his plan come together.

"Now just walk straight ahead and pin the tail." Pinkie explained.

"Now just walk straight ahead and pin the tail," Gilda mocked in a nasally voice, "Hrm yeah right, this is another prank isn't it? I'm going this way!" Gilda turned away from the pin the tail on the pony poster.

"Wait! The poster is this way!" Pinkie called. Noctus grinned as Gilda stepped directly on the glob of cake he had dropped. Immediately she slipped, slid across the room, and landed in the kitchen, where Noctus had 'accidentally' forgotten some cake and frosting. Gilda walked out of the kitchen covered in cake and frosting with the tail on her beck, making it look like she had a purple mustache. "Uh, Gilda. You pinned the tail on the wrong end." Pinkie commented as everypony once again laughed at Gilda, even Noctus. Gilda, not taking anymore, blew her fuse. She roared and flew in the air.

"This is your idea of a good time?! I've never met a bigger bunch of dweebs in all my life! And Pinkie Pie!" Gilda pointed a claw at Pinkie, "You!, You are Queen Lameo with your weak little party pranks! Did you really think you could make me lose my cool?!" Gilda flew over to Rainbow Dash and put an arm around her, "Well Dash and I have ten times as much cool as the rest of you put together! Come on Dash, we're bailing on this pathetic scene." Gilda walked to the exit, only to turn to find Rainbow Dash where she was still standing. "Come on Rainbow Dash! I said we're leaving!"

"Ya know Gilda, I was the one who set up all those weak pranks at this party."

"What!" Gilda exclaimed, then turned to look at Pinkie Pie.

"Ooo" Pinkie responded, Noctus(off to the side) was trying to contain his laughter.

"So I guess I'm Queen Lameo" Rainbow Dash stated angrily.

"Come on Dash! You're joshing me!" Gilda panicked.

"They weren't all meant for you specifically," Rainbow Dash stated(Noctus, once again, mouthed silently. "Oh yes they were"), "it was just dumb luck that you set them all off."

"I should have known!" Pinkie exclaimed, "That dribble cup had Rainbow Dash written all over it!"

"No way!" Gilda tried to argue, "It was Pinkie Pie! She set up this party to trip me up, to make a fool of me!"

"Me? I threw this party to improve your attitude. I thought that a good party might turn that frown upside-down." Pinkie twisted her head upside-down to prove her point.

"And you sure didn't need any help making a fool out of yourself." Rainbow Dash continued, "You know, this isn't how I though my old friend would treat my new friends. If being cool is all you care about, maybe you should go find some cool new friends, somewhere else."

Gilda gritted her teeth," Yeah!? Well you- you- you are such a flip-flop!". 'flip-flop?' Noctus said to himself with an odd look. "Cool one minute and lame the next! When you decide to not be lame anymore, give me a call." Gilda exited and slammed the door behind her.

Rainbow Dash stood strong and still, "Not cool".

"Wow, talk about a party-pooper," Spike commented and everypony in the room began to agree.

"I'm sorry everypony," Rainbow Dash apologized, "for bringing Gilda here. I didn't know how rude she was. And Pinkie Pie, I'm really sorry she ruined that awesome party you put on for her."

"Hey, if you want to hang out with with party-poopers, that's your business." Pinkie said.

"No hard feelings?" Rainbow Dash put out her hoof.

"No hard feelings." Pinkie Pie shook Rainbow Dash's hoof. However both ponies had electric buzzers, ended up zapping each other, and everypony laughed at the two pranksters' attempt.

"Hey Pinkie," Twilight walked up to Pinkie Pie, "sorry I accused you of misjudging Gilda. Looks like I'm the one who misjudged you."

Pinkie hugged Twilight, "It's ok Twilight, even you can't be a super, smart, smarty-pants all the time." Pinkie turned to the rest of the party members, "Come on everypony! There's still a whole lotta party to finish!" She exclaimed as she jumped up and down.

Around the time when the party was almost finished Noctus decided to leave first. "Come on Nocty! Stay a bit longer!" Pinkie tried to convince Noctus to stay.

"Yeah!" Rainbow Dash agreed as she spun Rarity for pin the tail on the pony, "Party a bit more!"

Noctus shook his head, "Nah I'm kinda tired from today's events, I'm going to go sleep."

"Oh Noctus, if you're going home can you take Spike with you? He's starting to fall asleep." Twilight asked.

"Sure," He levitated a very tired Spike onto his back.

"And can you ask Spike to quickly send this to Celestia once you get home?" Twilight floated a rolled up scroll over to Noctus.

"Sure thing," He grabbed it with his magic a put it in one of his pockets, "Friendship report?"

"Yeah!" Twilight yelled over the music and conga line.

Noctus headed over to the door, but stopped just before taking a step outside. "And by the way everypony!" He yelled over the music. Someponies stopped and looked over to him as the music was turned a bit down. "All of you drank the punch right?" Everypony looked at each other and nodded saying a yeah here and there. "Good! Then you all might want to check your mouths!" Noctus laughed as he exited and closed the door. Everypony was confused at want the dressed stallion had just said, until one pony checked another's mouth.

"Your mouth is bright pink!"

"Yours is green!"

"Hey yours is blue"

"Mine is purple!"

"What color is mine?!" Everypony laughed at each other as everypony checked what color their mouth was.

Meanwhile, when Noctus got back to the library, he planned to immediately wake Spike, send the report, and go to sleep. But when he got home, he noticed a little object sitting on Twilight's writing stand. Noctus grinned to himself and magically lifted the object, stuck the ink well's label on it, and woke up Spike.

"Huh, wha? Where am I?" Spike rubbed his eyes.

"Home," Noctus replied, "I was heading home and you seemed tired".

"Ok" Spike yawned.

"But before you go to sleep, Twilight asked you to send this to Celestia." Noctus held up the report.

"Ok"

"And this." Noctus lifted the object from before.

"Why an ink well?" Spike asked curiously.

"No real purpose." Noctus shrugged.

"O..K then, I guess." Spike picked up both objects and blew green fire onto them. "There, now, if you'll excuse me *yawn* I'm going to bed." Spike said with closing eyes.

"Here I'll carry you." Noctus offered, lifting the tired dragon onto his back.

"Thanks."

"No problem."