• Published 30th Mar 2012
  • 1,012 Views, 1 Comments

A Chaotic Adjustment - OverThoughtBrony



Sometimes the only thing that can stop evil is acceptance.

  • ...
 1
 1,012

Transformation

-Chapter 3-

..Transformation..


The next day – Ponyville (2:42pm)

*knock* *knock*

“Can you get that, Spike?”

“Fine… Hey, Rainbow Dash.”

Rainbow Dash walked through the door into the library in which her close friend, Twilight Sparkle, lived and worked. Earlier that day, Pinkie Pie had told her that Twilight needed her in the library.

“Twilight’s looking for me?” asked Rainbow Dash as she walked in.

“Yeah, one sec.” Spike walked into another room and soon returned, followed by Twilight Sparkle who looked even more tired than the day before. They both sat down in the middle of the library as Spike walked into the kitchen after Twilight shot him a look.

“Rainbow, that book you gave me yesterday, are you positive that you don’t know who sent it to you?”

Rainbow’s heart skipped a beat.

“Yeah.” Rainbow Dash replied. Her mouth suddenly got dry.

Twilight sighed and got the book from the nearby shelf with her magic, setting it face-up between them

“Alright, if I can trust anyone with this, its you, Rainbow. I have been having this recurring dream for a couple of years. In this dream, this,” she pointed at the green seven with her hoof, “keeps popping up. The weird thing is, there is also a pony who asks for me to accept him. I don’t know what it means but this book has something to do with it.”

Rainbow Dash’s heart was beating furiously in her chest. Twilight was having the dream too? Maybe the others…

“Rainbow? Are you feeling okay?” inquired Twilight who had noticed the look of dread upon Rainbow Dash’s face. Rainbow hung her head.

“Twi, I have had that same dream… and I was afraid to read the book because of it.”

Twilight let out a giggle. Rainbow stared at her, confused and just a bit angry.

“Rainbow, look,” she opened to book to reveal a blank page. She kept turning the pages but they were all blank. Rainbow Dash stared, baffled.

“All of the pages are blank. Except this one…” Twilight flipped to a page placed directly in the middle which had an ellipse with seven different shapes in it. It was an atlas. Thin red lines connected some of the shapes.

“It looks like our planet but the continents are shaped differently and its apparently called Earth… and instead of names of places it just has the letters JRH. I don‘t know what it means, I stayed up all night trying to figure it out.” She flipped through the rest of the pages with her magic and noticed something on the inside of the back cover. A star with wings, much like the one on the front, was etched lightly against the hard leather.

“Hmm…”

“What is it?” inquired Rainbow Dash.

“Nothing…” Twilight stared at the winged star.

Rainbow Dash followed her friend’s gaze and stared at the star.

“What’s that?”

“I don’t really know. I have a hypothesis but…” Twilight trailed off in thought as Rainbow raised a brow.

“A hypo-what?”

“A hypothesis is a reasonable conclusion or an idea, Rainbow,” Twilight stated matter-of-factly.

“Okay? So what’s your idea?”

“It could represent an event, or an object but it also resembles… a cutie mark.”

Rainbow looked back to the star. Her eyes went wide.

“It does! But who’s?”

“I don’t know, Rainbow, but he has something to do with this book and the dreams. I need to send a letter to the princess about this; she might know something. Spike, take a letter.”

Earth (A week later)

Damn it! Stupid weather!

Joseph flew under the clouds and through the strong wind. It was typical storm-at-seas weather as he dodged a random bird.

Joseph was flying to Italy when he got side-tracked, and stopped at a few places in Australia and along Indonesia because he got either too hungry or too tired. Or both. Of course, this was because it took a lot of energy to fly (who knew). Anyway, Joseph had just left from some place in southern India called Madurai the previous morning. He was over the Arabian Sea right now about to touch down on an island called Socotra.

Joseph flew over a sailboat in which a fisherman was skillfully maneuvering his vessel through the churning waters. Joseph waved at him, catching the man off guard and almost plummeting into the water, trying to fly one-winged. A fish jumped out of the water, slapping The fisherman in the face just to land inside the boat and jump right back out. The dazed but again stable fisherman stared wearily at Joseph’s departing form as he continued to work the sails. When Joseph waved, he winced. Although mostly healed, the wound he got from the shrapnel of the missile still stung when he stressed the skin or muscle.

Anyway, this storm was horrible. The metallic feathers (which Joseph now regretted installing) were shrieking right in his ears as he flew through the shifting wind. It was perfect weather for hurricanes. Great, Joseph thought, just what I needed.

Joseph had gone through a few flight simulations before in which he had to maneuver a jet through shifting wind which was very difficult… but this, this was a challenge.

Suddenly, Joseph spotted a dark mass in the distance. There is was, Socotra; an island about the size of Puerto Rico which was off the coast of the Arabian peninsula and was actually part of Yemen. I was not very big, but that was actually a good, for larger islands are easier to track. He was only going to stay there for a few days, but its better to be safe than sorry.

The feathers screeched louder as Joseph beat his wings faster, trying to get to the island that was slowly approaching. Suddenly Joseph was pulled back by the wind, sending him off balance just for a gale force wind to burst into his back. The wind caught his wings and he flew forward, the wind propelling him full force. The island was approaching quickly. Suddenly, he was pushed up by another gust of wind, and then pushed down at a near forty-five degree angle.

When Joseph leveled out, he was right above the island, barely skimming the tree tops. Another gale force wind pushed propelled him straight toward black figure. Is that a barn?!

He pulled his wings up over his face to shield him as he collided. He heard splintering wood and bending metal followed by a scream. The last thing he saw was a worried and confused woman looking over him.

Ponyville

It was a surprisingly sunny day in Ponyville. The weather team had scheduled complete sunshine today, so there was not a cloud in the sky. Five ponies sat on a sheet which in turn lay on top of a small hill. Not far off in the distance, they could spot Ponyville.

On the quilt, Rainbow was putting on sunscreen just in case the sunlight was to seep through her cyan coat, Rarity was talking to Fluttershy, Applejack was chewing on a piece of hay, and Twilight was looking through her saddlebag.

“Where is that pony?” mumbled Twilight, her head still in her saddle bag.

As if on cue, Pinkie Pie trotted happily up the hill.

“Hey guysh! I vrot duh shnacks!” Pinkie shouted, her words muffled and distorted by a basket she carried in her mouth. The other five ponies, with the exception of Twilight, who was still searching her saddlebag, greeted her.

Pinkie sat down, placing the picnic basked in the middle of the quilt with a smile and tried again,

“I brought the snacks!”

“Yes, I found it!” Shouted Twilight, her head still in the bag. She pulled her head out, along with a leather book which she spat out onto the ground.

“Okay, I feel like I can trust you all with this,” said Twilight as she sat down. “After a long time of thinking it out, I figured it would be best to tell you,” Twilight said. Pinkie, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Applejack all gave her a worried look.

“What is it, Sugahcube?” asked Applejack. Twilight hesitated but after a moment she spoke,

“I have been having a recurring dream for a long time. I even went as far as talking to the Princess about it,” she hesitated again. “In the dream, there’s a large and green seven and another pony. A stallion. Now I know it sounds crazy but I think its important. I wanted to know if any of you have experienced anything similar.”

The other ponies exchanged looks except for Rainbow Dash who was now laying back with sunglasses on, sunbathing.

“Twi, I’ve been having that dream too,” said Applejack reluctantly.

“Me too,” said Pinkie gloomily.

Fluttershy kind of squeaked so Twilight assumed that was a ’me too’.

“I’m afraid I have been having that dream as well,” said Rarity.

Rainbow Dash just nodded, not really caring considering Twilight already knew she had the dream and vice versa.

“Wow… I didn’t think it was possible for six ponies to all have the same dream more than once,” remarked Twilight in wonder. “Well anyway, I wrote to Princess Celestia, and she replied almost instantly.”

Twilight levitated a scroll out of her bag and set it on the book. She opened the scroll and read,

“Dear Twilight, my faithful student,” Twilight began, “I understand why you would worry about this. I want you to go to your friends, see if they have had any similar dreams. If not, then reply when you can. If they have, however, then I want you to come to my castle so we can talk in person. Bring the others and book too. Your mentor, Princess Celestia of Equestria.”

Regardless of the darkness of the situation, Rarity brightened up at the realization that she had found an excuse to go to Canterlot. There was a long silence until Pinkie spoke up,

“Um… Book?”

“Oh sorry, this is the book the princess wanted me to bring,” Twilight levitated and showed them the cover.

“This book only has a one thing in it; one single picture,” she flipped it open to the atlas.

“it’s a map!” said Pinkie, beaming.

“it’s the world?” asked Fluttershy

“No, Its not our world, it another. Its called Earth.”

Earth; Same Day (6:23am)

Joseph opened his blue eyes and jumped up.

He had been laying on a makeshift straw bed. He looked around. He was in a barn, no doubt. The smell of hay and earth was strong. The barn had a hole on the right long wall where rain was blowing in through. Oops. He noticed the storm was still going and soon his memories came flooding back. He looked around for the girl. He looked down at his makeshift bed and saw the girl had fallen asleep beside it. Great. Just great. I probably scared the shit out of her. Ok time to leave before she wakes up.

Joseph grabbed for his wings but felt nothing. He face-palmed and looked around.

“This is just my luck,” he mumbled as he lifted a wheel barrel which was propped upside-down against the wall. He went to the darker end of the barn, farthest from the door, and saw something gleam.

“Ha!” he exclaimed triumphantly as he lifted the wings. A few missing feathers here and there and… a bad dent in the right wing. That’s going to take time to fix. The wings are still wet.

Wait… if the wings are wet, then why am I dry…

He felt his clothes and noticed they were not his. He searched around his wings and found a wet bundle. Joseph sighed, turned around to make sure she was asleep, undressed and put his clothes back on. Instantly he felt a stinging sensation all over his body.

“Shit!” Joseph yelled as he threw his clothes back off. The container of the radioactive material had broken and had seeped through all of his clothes. His skin was shimmering with rainbow colors. Great. Like the Twilight vampire except with rainbows…

Just when he thought things couldn’t possible go worse, he turned around to see the girl had woken up and was staring wide-eyed at his rather nude body. SHIT! SHIT! SHIT! SHIT! SHIT! OH FUCK!

Joseph quickly picked up the clothes he woke up in and covered his body. When he had his clothes on and was composed again, he turned to the girl. She was about his age, give or take two years. She looked like she worked on a farm (which would make sense considering she was in a barn) and was wearing overalls. She looked at him with curiosity.

“Um… Hello?” Joseph wasn’t sure if she spoke English. “My name is Joseph Harris from America. Do you speak English?”

She nodded.

“What is your name?” he asked.

“Jessica…” she spoke it in a southern American accent. That’s odd, she’s in Arabia. She shouldn’t have that accent… or that name for that matter.

“Where am I?” Joseph asked.

“Oh, you’re in Socotra.”

She glanced to his chest.

“What are you looking at?” Joseph asked, looking down at his chest.

“Nothing…”

Joseph raised a brow. This was going to be a long day.

Three days later

Okay so apparently Jessica Garner was American but had moved to Socotra to see her grandparents. Garner wasn’t an Arabic name. Her mother’s maiden name was Yaseen.

Jessica was in a barn on her grandparents land -which was oddly about twenty miles from their house- because the storm had prohibited her from going back to her hotel.

They were now back at the barn so Joseph could take off and leave. It was weird when Joseph caught Jessica looking at him with a fascinated expression plastered on her face. Anyway, the storm had moved north-west into Yemen of the Arabian Peninsula which was where Joseph was planning on going so he hadn’t seen the last of the storm. It was sunny here in Socotra, but It was time to leave. He put on the wings and felt a sharp pain in his shoulders.

“Gah!” he rubbed his back with his hand and felt something he shouldn‘t have felt. Joseph went pale.

“Jessica?” Joseph called. She was in the barn. She came out to see what he wanted.

“Yeah?”

“I need two mirrors,” Joseph was getting a bit hysterical now, tremors traveling through his body and his voice reflecting his state of mind.

“Um… one second.” She went back into the barn. Soon after she disappeared into the barn, Joseph heard a smash. She returned with two pieces of broken mirror about the size of larger pizza slices.

“Will these be ok?”

“Yeah, just come here,” replied Joseph. She walked up to him. “Hold it here” he helped her position one mirror with shaky hands. He took the other mirror and positioned it so he could look at his shoulders.

Sure enough, through the shaking reflection there sat were two gray feathery appendages about a foot long each. He moved them once in a slow flapping motion.

“Okay… I’m growing wings…” Joseph sat down on the now dry grass. “I’m growing wings…”

Joseph felt three things; fear, shock, and happiness. He was growing wings! He could fly now… like a bird. Or a pegasus… huh.

“Why didn’t you tell me about these?” Joseph tried to keep a calm voice.

“I thought you already knew..” She sounded genuinely sorry for him. Joseph took a deep breath to steady his voice.

“Oh well… Don’t worry about it…”

Jessica crouched down and put her arm around him to calm him, although he was actually composed now.

“Thanks Jess. Can I stay a bit longer? I need these things to grow.”

“Sure, you can stay as long as you need.” She was certainly kind.

During the next few days, Joseph went through some odd changes. First he noticed that these small soft grey hairs were sprouting all over his body. His whole body itched constantly; both the bones and the skin. His back really itched a lot, considering the wings‘ growth. In addition to this, he was constantly hungry and tired so he was in bed, lying on his side. He took some of the rainbow colored liquid and rubbed it on his body to speed up the process. It was relatively fine until one day later that week.

“Hey Joseph, how was your-” her words were cut off from her scream. What she saw disturbed her.

Joseph was an odd misshapen form. His jaw was protruding from his scull, his nose was starting to widen, his ears had shifted further up, his hair had grown more, and his eyes were slightly larger. His shoulders were narrower, his arms and legs were shorter and his hands were bunched into odd stumpy forms. Most of the fur had grown and he was even forming a tail which bunched up in a lump located at the back of his pants. It was a horrible sight. The only thing good was that his wings were slightly bigger, granted only having four feathers each. She tried to call an ambulance.

“No wait don’t!”

She looked at him dumbfounded.

“Trust me.”

The rest of that day, he was in agony. His body ached and his skin burned. Jessica stayed at his side and got him all the food and water he needed, which was a lot. His odd form and her normal form fell asleep together that night; Joseph on his side on the bed and her in a chair at his side.

The next morning

The dream for Joseph last night was different. He was now right in front of the mane six.

Joseph woke up the next morning with his sheets soaking wet from his sweat. Other then that, he felt really good. He decided to go get foot. He sat up, stretched, and rolled off the bed, the wooden floor thudding under his four hooves.

Wait...

HOOVES?!?!

“AGH!” Joseph yelled, staring down at his hooves. Jessica woke up and looked around. When she noticed him her eyes went large.

“YOU‘RE A CARTOON!!”

“I KNOW!!”

“YOU’RE A PONY!!”

“I KNOW!! I’M A PEGASUS!”

“I KNOW!!”

“OKAY WAIT! Wait! Just calm down. Deep breaths...” Joseph tried to calm down Jessica and of course himself.

When they were both calm, he looked up at her. He was about four feet tall, with a gray coat and blond hair. He had brilliant blue eyes.

“Okay… I got to go, Jess, and I need to go now. I really enjoyed your hospitality.”

All she did was nod as he ran out of the room. He came back in and asked her to pour the remainder of the rainbow liquid onto him. As soon as it had seeped into his coat, he ran out of the room.

When he left the hotel room, he ran down the hallway, bucked the glass door which shattered, and flew outside into the morning sky. His wings beating against the wind felt great. He turned around to go northwest.

Ponyville. Same day, same time. 12:23pm

Twilight, her friends, and Princess Celestia all sat in the same room that held stain glass windows depicting the mane six, as well as discord and the two princess sisters.

“Do you think you could fall asleep for me so I can see what it is you‘ve been dreaming?” asked the white alicorn.

The six mares nodded their heads.

It did not take long for them to fall asleep and as soon as they did, Princess Celestia cast a dream-peering spell. Twilight was right.

Celestia floated above the seven ponies and the seven. She flew over and tapped the mane six on the shoulders. They looked at the Princess then at each other.

They shifted their attention to the stallion who was standing only ten feet away. He walked up to them and sat down, looking at them, one at a time. Celestia watched intently.

“Hey my name is Pinkie!“

The other five followed Pinkie‘s example. Celestia, still watching from above, said nothing.

“What’s yours?” Pinkie was cheerful.

The stallion smiled.

“I am Jos-” he hesitated before speaking up again. “My name is Jet Stream.”

Celestia saw something she remembered Twilight mention; his cutie mark. It was a green star with golden wings.

Earth; One day later

Joseph flew through the air, happy as can be, over Saudi Arabia. Just yesterday it was sunny, but he was approaching a rain curtain. There it is… the hurricane. He flew toward it, not letting it worry him. He plunged into the rain and sped up, bursting through the shifting winds. He changed directing and flew up to the clouds. Joseph burst through the cloud layer and looked up at the sun which beamed back at him.

I wonder…

He lowered himself onto a cloud which did not give way. It felt nice, actually; soft and damp. He bucked it which in turn shot lightning.

“Ha!” Joseph was ecstatic at this phenomenon.

He burst down through the cloud layer to the earth’s surface. Not soon after he left the cloud, he felt the cone form around him as static electricity played through the air. He flew faster and faster as the cone narrowed, and exploded. The lightning from the clouds was attracted to the rainboom’s premature electricity which had previously danced around the pegasus, and a large bolt arched into the sonic rainboom, causing a shockwave so large that the hurricane was whipped into nothingness and the heat from the sudden sun and the rainboom dried up the rain before it could hit the earth. The shockwave picked up sand from the ground which rolled into a massive sandstorm, blowing towards Mecca. The rainboom spread across the sky, carrying some birds with it.

As soon as everything was done and over with, there was no sign of Joseph.

Ponyville. Same Time. Sky above Ponyville (east of Cloudsdale)

Joseph had his eyes squeezed shut as flew through the rest of the sky and almost hit the ground. He pulled up into a 90 degree angle and flew head-first into a tree. He slumped to the ground with a moan and looked around.

“This isn’t Saudi Arabia," Joseph said, still looking around.

He was in a familiar looking bog. A toad jumped out of the water and onto his forehead. He caught it with his hooves and looked at it. It looked like out of a cartoon.

“What the hell?”

He looked around further as the toad jumped back into the water, plashing away. It was all cartoons; the trees, the ferns.

Joseph tried to stand up but his legs gave out. He landed with a slap as his underbelly collided with the muddy ground of the swamp. The style of cartoon… then it hit him.

Okay… only one explanation. I am in the Everfree Forest.

END OF CHAPTER 3