• Published 18th Mar 2012
  • 3,307 Views, 878 Comments

League of Bronies - darkironpony



A typical human turned into a pony in equestria story.

  • ...
26
 878
 3,307

PreviousChapters Next
The Invasion

Author's Note: This was BIG. Really hard but so much fun! Also thank my buddy SNAP ART. He helped edit and lend his musical taste. Without his help I would've died writing this. With all that done I'd like to say THANK YOU again for reading. I APPRECIATE THE SUPPORT!

[Shadow's P.O.V. PLAY THIS! ]

I stood there in awe as Eggman appeared. I hadn't expected him to show up at all. Let alone with a robot army.

They were spread out attacking everypony. I just stood there watching. I couldn't comprehend what had just happened before my eyes.

Then I saw Adven and Shadic limp away. Most everypony was surprisingly calm.

There were enough guards so Princess Luna could calm everypony down. It was an interesting experience to say the least.

Everypony broke off into groups to get away. A suggestion made by Princess Cadence.

Apparently, some kids had snuck their way into the tournament without their parents knowing. Princess Cadence said she'd take care of them and get them back home.

She insisted Princess Luna keep the guards as she doubted she'd have to fight.

I heard all of this. Still, I couldn't take my mind off of one thing. Eggman. Right now he was attacking everyone. So many ponies would get hurt. And for what? For Eggman's own selfishness.

I looked at my front hooves. I couldn't let him get away with hurting so many ponies. I felt a surge of energy well up inside of me.

I took off straight at the ship. I roared defiantly as I went. My right front hoof was covered in shadows. It collided with the ship. The ship hummed. I stood still for a second.

A surge of electricity flowed through my body. I yelled in pain. My body went limp. Even my wings were made useless. I was falling.

"I got you!" a voice reassured. My body was surrounded by magic.

I looked down and smiled. It was the face of a friend.

"Thank you, Rhino," I said blushing.

"No problem," he said panting. He was covered in sweat.

He placed me down. He told me about a plan he had about the ship.

"A shame you saved him. Falling to his death would have been less painful," a feminine voice mocked.

Rhino and I turned to face a bizarre duo. One was a hedgehog like Sonic. His fur was silver and spiky. Besides him stood a feline. She had a ruby of some sort on her forehead. They both smirked at us.

"I don't think they'll let us go," Rhino observed sighing.

"Me neither," I conceded. "Have you ever been in a fight before?"

"No, but I have a secret weapon they can't possibly count on," he said confidently.

A weapon? Like a new spell? Or a technique? I wonder what it is.

We turned to face our opponents. I moved in front of Rhino.

"You'll both die this day. Nobody ever gets in Eggman's way!" the hedgehog declared running at us. His cat friend followed close behind

[Bass’s P.O.V. PLAY THIS! ]

"So we're surrounded by a lot of robots of Eggman's while he flies overhead with an evil airship?" Goldie said as he punched two robots.

"Yeah." I was busy evading my own robotic opponent.

"So why don't you and Shadow call your robots?" he asked annoyed.

"I've been trying," I shot back equally annoyed," It just won't show up!"

I dodged a quick swipe from the robot. With a grunt of effect, I bucked its head off.

Goldie, meanwhile, continued pounding numerous robots by the hundreds. I watched him in amazement. At least I did until he decided to get more creative with his method of destruction.

I felt myself lifted by Goldie. "Hey, what's the big idea?!" I yelled as he swung me at the robots.

I felt my head bang against so much metal I was sure I began fusing with it. By the time he put me back down I had bruises on bruises on bruises!

"Why did you do that?" I muttered as the world spun.

"Two reasons. One, you didn't tell me where Master went," he explained bluntly.

"He said somepony would have to take care of the civilians," I moaned back. "You were right here!"

"And two, I hold grudges," he said chuckling with an evil glare in his eye.

I noticed a large red figure standing atop a nearby hill. It stood there watching us.

"I think we have company," I gulped audibly.

Goldie looked up. He stood and began walking toward it.

"I'll take care of it," he said as he went.

"And I'll just stay here. On the ground. Alone. Injured," I complained as I watched him leave. Suddenly a few robots approached me from all sides. "And surrounded..."

I sighed as I stood up. I took a deep breath and prayed for a miracle.

[Rhino's P.O.V. PLAY THIS! ]

I wonder if she is done with it by now?

"Excuse me, Rhino," Twilight said pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Of course. Sorry!" I said quickly sliding out of the way of her bookshelf.

"Thanks," she replied, smiling.

A knock came from the door of the library.

"I'll get it," I volunteered.

I opened it to find a spacious wagon bursting with stuff. Somehow, a tarp managed to cover the entire thing.

"Hello?" I asked cautiously.

"Yeah, I'm done," a familiar voice said.

"Oh great. Thanks a lot for this."

"No problem. Now, about the bits," she said as she came to face me. Her mane was jet black. The edge of it was pink. Her tail matched her mane. She wore some goggles covered in soot.

How could she even walk like that? I looked at her head and facehoofed. Of course… She probably used her magic to see.

She stuck out her right front hoof and rose a brow at me.

I quickly grabbed her payment and gave it to her.

"Rhino, who is it?!" Twilight asked as she came to the door.

"This is Tech Specs. Shadow told me about her. I asked her to build something for me," I explained cheerfully.

"Lucky for you, I got done when I did considering what is happening now," Tech said grinning. "Ponyville is lucky too."

Twilight and I exchanged confused expressions.

"What do you mean, Tech?" Twilight asked voicing our thoughts.

"Haven't you noticed the giant airship above Ponyville?" she inquired, shocked.

"Wait, what is where?!" Twilight and I said exiting the library. We looked frantically until we saw it.

"Here you go," Tech said pulling out the device.

It was shaped like a telescope. It held several mirrors in it.

"What is the other stuff?" I asked as Twilight continued to gawk at the ship.

"Fireworks. There's no way that thing would take something down, like that airship, by itself," she said grinning. "Besides, they're faster to make. And who doesn't love happy festival fireworks?"

"True."

"How can you two be so calm about this?!" Twilight asked dazed by our nonchalance.

"Because of this thing," I said pointing to the telescope.

"How is a telescope going to help now?!" she asked exasperated.

"It looks like a telescope it is more like a magnifying glass," Tech interjected.

I coughed. "What she means is it is meant to focus magic. Like when you use a magnifying glass to focus sunlight. This is only a prototype though. The real one will be much larger," I explained joyfully. "But for now it could help in bringing that ship down. Or at least distract it."

"There is one problem with using it though," Twilight said holding her head.

"What is it?" I questioned.

"If it gets brought down. What about all the ponies it could fall on?!"

Aw. Darn it! I knew I was forgetting something! I hung my head in shame.

"I have an idea," Tech said smiling.

"What?"

"These!" she said pulling out two devices from her wagon. They were white rectangular objects with a big button. "I call them walkie talkies. I'm still thinking of a better name. These will allow you to talk a long distance away from one another."

"Alright then I guess I'll go warn everypony," I said determined.

"Why you?" Twilight asked concerned.

"Out of the three of us I'd assume the student of Celestia would have the best shot of hitting the airship with the tool. You'd needlessly waste your magic getting there. You wouldn't be able to save anyone. I can use my Res magic to get that faster than walking and use less magic than teleporting. So it just makes sense I'd be the one to go. Besides it’s above the tournament ring, I'm sure they'll last until I get there," I explained winking. "Don't worry about me."

"But," Twilight started.

"Just go and do it already," Tech said pointing at the ship.

I nodded and used my Res to slide to the airship. As I did this I felt something peak out from my mane.

"So, Specter, did you hear all that?" I asked hopefully.

He responded with some squeaks.

"Good. I'd hate to explain it all over again," I sighed thankfully.

[Reaper's P.O.V. PLAY THIS! ]

I grinned widely. This was what I was waiting for. Training partners.

I swung my sword bringing it down on a robot’s head. It spurted a black watery substance.

I quickly pulled it out. I then swung it horizontally in a circle.

Several robots stood still for a moment. My grin faded. Their top halves fell off.

I looked around to find another pony fighting an assortment of robots. He was called Moon Rockcall, I think.

He moves effortlessly from one side to another. He easily navigates through all their attacks. He retaliates with a speedy buck to one of their heads. He then lightly taps another and moves. As he did that, another robot hand launches at him. The hand eviscerates its friend.

The remaining robot attempted to retreat. It did not escape his sight though. He jumped and brought down his hoof on its head. The robot shattered into pieces.

I look on smiling. I should have fought him. He would have been more interesting than that weapon shifting pegasus. Although, he was strong.

I turned around. My blade sliced through two of my mechanical adversaries.

I hear a scream from my left. I turn around to find a pink pony in danger. Behind her were a few colts. It must have been one of them.

I rush to their aid. As I run I feel a presence behind me. It was Moon.

We arrive in seconds. We devastate the robots sooner.

"That was easy," Moon comments surprised.

"Too easy," I complain frowning. "You'd think a princess would be able to handle it herself."

As I said this, a few figures came into view. A large fat purple feline stood there. Three equally odd creatures stood on either side of him.

There was a bizarre purple thing. It looked like it had the nose of a rhino. Its companions were weirder. One looked like a giant bee and the other a bipedal alligator.

The other side was just as bizarre. On it was a thing with rings that wore a heart shaped shirt of some kind. There also was a rabbit thing wearing orange clothes. Lastly, there was a pink thing, with spiky hair, holding a mallet.

"They are stronger than they look," Princess Cadence explained.

"We'll handle it, Princess," Moon said calmly.

"Are you certain?"

My blood and breathing raced. A foe that not even a princess could defeat. Yes! This is what I've always wanted. The perfect fight. One with someone who can take down a god!

I ran at them. Off in the distance, I could hear Moon say, "Looks like he is."

[In the Darkness. Velocity's P.O.V.]

I stared at a computer screen. The master had ordered the hedgehog to plant several cameras near the tournament.

That idiotic scientist had decided to attack an army of capable fighters. He clearly was a scientist only in name.

Still, I felt worried. One of our associates was stationed there. Not only that, she was our only way to maintain the populace peaceful ignorance of their true rulers' absence.

If she was to be attacked or worse it'd make all the master's plans worthless. He couldn't do it by himself, however. The question would be who could he trust to help him.

"I'll go with it," a voice answered slyly.

I stood up out of shock. I stared blankly at the griffon.

"Well are we going to do this rescue thing or not?" she demanded impatiently.

Aww Gilda. Always the direct type. I've always liked that. Most girls would act coy but never Gilda. I nodded.

"I'll open the portal," another voice said.

"Why do you want to come?" Gilda asked surprised.

"Well I'm not letting you two go alone on the mission. You'd end up making out without me there," Blaze explained frankly.

"No we wouldn't," I said blushing.

While I said that Gilda had already punched Blaze. He stood on the floor, a large bruise on his scaly head.

"Hey, I was only joking around!" he complained.

"Yeah yeah," I said opening the portal.

"We better go in armed," I said thinking of the worst. As I said this, all of us summoned our portals for our enhancements.

"Lets go already," Gilda said running through the portal.

"How direct of her," I muttered grinning.

"How indirect of you," Blaze snickered as he followed suit.

[Dylan's P.O.V PLAY THIS! ]

Three robots were walking towards me. Five more followed closed behind them.

Two of them charged on either side of me. I backed out of the way.

Their punches barely tapping against one another. They turned to me.

The two grabbed hands. The one behind jumped off the held hands and kicked at me.

Quickly, I morphed my arms into that of a dragon's. The hardened scale prevented any scrapes or cuts. However, the blow still forced me back.

The robot then jumped into the air. As it did this, its two hand-holding friends ran straight at me.

I jumped over them. As I did, I changed my face to match my arms. I spat out a powerful mist of ice.

The robots arms were stuck. I heard the other run at me from behind. I turned around grabbing the robot.

With a grunt of effort, I throw it at its friends. They collided hard. They disappeared within a fiery explosion.

I shield my eyes from the blast. I open them when I feel it has died down.

I look around. I see a few colts and Princess Cadence. They are against a wall unable to run away. I look at these malicious beings. I counted seven in all.

I feel wings emerge from my back. With a quick kick to launch myself, and make my way to aid them.

[Golden's P.O.V. PLAY THIS! ]

"So it’s you," I said trotting up to the red figure. It looked down at me from its superior altitude.

It jumped off landing before me. It was that thing, Knuckles, that we met back in the other world.

He raised his fists at me. I raised my own front hooves. He is probably under that guy's control like that fox was.

He lunged forward with a double punch. I slid to the left. I retaliated with a left punch to his side.

He didn't even hesitate for a second before he retaliated. He threw a right punch to my head.

My body launched into the air. I felt myself spin uncontrollably. It was making me nauseous.

My opponent didn't let me spin for long. He jumped into the air and brought his fists down onto my body. I collided hard with the ground.

I pulled myself up and clumsily stumbled back away. He stood there, his eyes on my escape.

I panted heavily. He strolled toward me. More than likely he was savoring what he thought was helplessness.

I ran up to him and jumped. I landed with my tail to him and bucked.

He paused for a second for the impact. As it did I quickly spun hitting it with a right punch.

I followed it with a left one. I grabbed his right arm and pulled him forward into another. His face met my forceful punch.

Most of his body fell back. All excluding his right arm. That had stayed with me.

I stared at the limb in my hoof. A limb?! How disgusting! I released the limb trembling.

The red thing picked itself up. Its arm removed. At its shoulder, lightning seemed to sprout out. Some kind of metal was inside of it.

Are all of them like this in the other world? Wouldn't that make Shadic a robot too? Then why would he be fighting Eggman who builds robots? OW! My brain hurts!

I picked up the arm and rushed at the red robot. It attempted to punch me with its one good arm.

I easily avoided it. As I closed in, I made my own move. I jabbed the robotic arm against its shoulder.

"Why isn't this working?! Shouldn't it reattach or something?!" I yelled trying to force the arm back on.

The robot struggled. I grabbed its arm and tackled it down. I tried to put it back.

Each attempt broke it more and more. By the end of my attempts it was nothing but a mechanic mess.

I looked at the pile of metal pieces. I gulped. I killed him! I killed one of Adven's friends! Oh no!

[Bass's P.O.V. PLAY THIS! ]

"That was tough," I panted as I destroyed the last robot near me. I fell down.

As I did, I heard a loud sound come from the back of me. I quickly rolled away. A large energy blast had hit where I just was.

I pushed myself up. I looked around frantically until my eyes rested on an orange fox.

His right arm had formed a cannon. His eyes were cold and lifeless.

"Wait, Don't tell me! Eggman made you into a robot again, didn't he? The guy seriously needs to come up with some new material," I joked halfheartedly.

His eyes just stared at me. He used his tail to take to the air. He aimed his cannon at me.

He began firing at me. I dodged his shots. He was too far. I had enough time to react. Still I had no way of getting to him. That is until a robot appeared behind me.

Tails was in front of me blasting away. The robot was behind me. So I ran in Tails direction. I stopped just underneath Tails. I then turned and ran back to the robot.

Tails stopped firing. Probably he assumed I meant to get him and the robot firing at one another. That definitely made more sense than my actual plan.

The robot fired a few shots. I easily evaded them. As I neared the robot I jumped into the air.

I dug my hooves deep into its head on my landing. With a mighty thrust I launched myself into the air, headed straight for Tails. He stood there in amazement. The distance was substantial but I caught him by surprise.

I grabbed Tails in my flight. I dragged him down onto the floor. I made him act as a cushion for the blow. As we landed, I tumbled away due to the force of the fall.

"How do you like that?" I asked picking myself up again. "What the hell?!"

The fox's tail's were broken. Underneath was pure circuitry. So he isn't Tails. I don't think Eggman would give him a full conversion. And before he had Tails play on Shadic's emotions. He talked. That must mean this Tails is a fake.

As I thought this, Tails closed the distance between us. His cannon arm opened. I sighed as he blasted away.

First I felt the air leave my body. Then my body was sent rolling away like a rag doll.

I ended up on my hooves. Just the luck of the draw I guess. Tails began shooting away again.

I hid behind a giant rock. With a loud bang it collapsed into dust. I sighed and jumped away.

I had to think up a plan. And I had to think it up quick.

If it wasn't for that cannon on his arm. He's been using it to keep a distance between us. Wait! That's it! He must be modeled to be a distance fighter. If I could just find a way to get in close, I can end this. But how could I do that?

As I wondered this I saw a damaged Eggbot near me. It had lost its arms and legs. Only its head and torso remained.

I smiled as I kicked off the head. I grabbed the torso and ran at Tails.

He blasted away at the body. Each shot he fired destroyed more and more of it, until there was just one small piece.

As he charged another blast, I threw the piece into his cannon. It caused the shot to backfire. The back of its arm exploded.

I connected with a punch to its head. Its metal head shattered into pieces.

With that done I fell down again. I panted. I looked on at the cannon. How is that thing still solid?!

[Rhino's P.O.V. PLAY THIS! ]

The hedgehog threw a quick right hook to Shadow's side. Shadow fell back a few feet. As he did, the sinister silver hedgehog continued hitting him. Within an exchange of blows, Shadow and I were separated.

That was when the cat attacked. She first jumped into the air. I stared at her as she dive kicked at me.

I stood there focusing my magic. Within an inch of my horn, I blasted her.

As the beam struck her torso her body trembled. Its body contorted oddly until it blinked out of existence. I gasped for air. My face drenched in sweat.

I turned around to find the hedgehog pushing Shadow back. Shadow threw a quick punch to the hedgehog's gut only for it to be easily deflected. Then followed up with a punch. As it collided, a loud cracking sound could be heard.

Shadow fell down. His face sweaty and contorted in severe pain. The hedgehog raised its hand for a finishing blow.

I screamed as I ran at the foe. He turned back to me with a blank expression. He entered a defensive stance.

As I closed the distance, he lunged with a powerful right punch. All my legs jumped into the air. The hedgehog jumped within a foot of me.

"Now!" I shouted smiling. Out of my hair emerged my little friend. The hedgehog raised a confused brow.

Specter emerged from my mane. And he was holding an arm cannon. With a loud hum the cannon fired hitting the hedgehog’s face. Its head recoiled due to the blast.

I looked closer to find it had been completely blown off. Even so, all that emitted from it was smoke.

I ran back to Shadow. He had a few bruises but nothing too serious.

"Are you okay to trot?"

He nodded.

"What happened to those guys?" he asked through clenched teeth.

"Well," I began only to be hit away. My side burned. I rolled on the floor a good ten feet.

I pulled myself to find the cat had returned. It jumped and spun kicked me away. As I lay on the floor I felt her pull on my mane.

Specter, wanting to defend me, readied the cannon but he wasn't fast enough. The feline grabbed him within her hand before he could fire it.

She grabbed Specter and squeezed him. He let out a scream of pain. I tried to force my way up. She pressed her foot onto my head.

"Stop it!" Shadow yelled flying at her like a speeding comet. His body was covered in dark shadows. He collided with a similar crack from before.

I stood up to find Shadow transformed. His coat and mane changed colors. Still, it was Shadow.

"Rhino," he said confidently, "I'll handle her. You make sure there aren't any stragglers." He held Specter in his hooves. His body was consumed in shadows similar to Shadow's own appearance. After the shadows moved, Shadow placed Specter in my hooves and flew at the one responsible.

"Right," I said moving. I held my little friend tightly to my chest. His injuries had vanished. I smiled until something crossed my mind. I forgot where I put the walkie talkie!

[Bass's P.O.V. PLAY THIS! ]

So, he comes and takes the cannon. Then he leaves a rectangle? What the hell is Rhino thinking?

I look at it a few feet away. I stretched to grab it. As I touched it, a static noise erupted from it.

I pulled my hoof back in surprise. Then, it occurred to me that it must be a cellphone of some sort.

Some more static comes from it. This time though, I grab it. I see that it has a big button. So I pushed it.

"Hello, Rhino, are you there?!?" a panicked voice asked. Static accompanied the voice making it unrecognizable.

"Uhhhh…Sorry…Rhino just left," I said nervously holding the rectangular box like an over-sized cellphone.

"Who is this then?"

"It is Bass Chord. Who is this?" I asked curiously.

"Oh, Bass, it is you. It’s Twilight. We tried to retrieve Warbringer's Gauntlet before, " she reminded me helpfully.

Does she REALLY think I'd forget THAT?!

"I remember," I say evenly.

"Good. That is good," she said happily. I heard another pony’s voice talk to her. I waited for them to finish.

As I did, I looked around and saw some interesting things. I saw Princess Luna fly by. I think she was headed for Eggman's ship. I saw Princess Cadence, galloping on hoof, being followed by a few colts. Still, that wasn't as strange as Rhino showing up, picking up a cannon, and leaving a telephone.

"Listen Bass, I need to ask you something important. You have to know the answer for sure. No mistakes whatsoever. Lives are on the line here," she said gravely.

"Go ahead Twilight."

"Are all the citizens out of the way of Eggman's ship?"

"Honestly, I don't know. If I had to guess I'd say they were," I said confidently.

"We can't afford to just guess, Bass! You have to be sure!" her voice squeaked.

There was some sound of struggling. The other voice yelled excitedly about something.

Next thing I know, a large beam comes of nowhere, crashing into Eggman's ship. What followed was even weirder. Fireworks! Lots of fireworks hit the ship. The ship crashed to the ground. The weird thing is that it wasn't covered in flames or anything. It looked perfectly intact.

I pressed the button on the rectangular box thing. "Good shooting, Tex," I said stunned.

[Dylan's P.O.V. PLAY THIS! ]

I land in front of Princess Cadence and the kids. I look on in amusement. Sundial and Reaper? What an odd combination.

I watched on as Reaper attacked the bat. His blade aimed at her feet. She jumped high and brought her feet down on the sword. He struggled picking it up.

Meanwhile, Sundial fought against a rabbit. Its ears shot out a sonic screech.

Sundial fell down covering his ears in a vain attempt. The rabbit slowly moved closer to him.

I grew worried. I took a step to assist them.

"No! Don't you dare help!" Reaper shouted madly. "Enter and I'll kill you!"

I stood still. I decided to do as he wished. He'd only get in my way anyway.

With a loud roar of effort, he managed to pull up his blade. The bat stayed still in shock as he slashed at it.

By the time it reacted, the blade cut off one of its wings. The other was too damaged to properly fly. Circuitry and smoke billowed from the openings.

Reaper smiled as he lunged at her. Throwing a left slash to her arm. She backed up as he continued to attack her in a joy-filled frenzy.

Sundial uncovered his ears and ran at the bunny. The bunny tried to retreat. That proved futile as Sundial jumped over her to the other side. As he landed, he turned and bucked her head.

With a sound of static, and unhinging metal, the cranium went flying. A large burst of blue magical energy hit the head. All that was left was ash.

I turned to face Princess Cadence. Her face had a determined look plastered on it.

Grunts tore me back to Sundial and Reaper. Reaper was now fighting a crocodile while Sundial dueled with a bee.

Reaper threw his sword at the reptilian robot. His blade lightly touching it. The robot, in annoyance, advanced. With a quick spin and heave of his sword the crocodile was destroyed.

Sundial took a different approach. He elected to sit still .The bee robot stared at him in bewilderment. Until it chose to venture to Sundial's front legs. Using the force of his front legs he quickly brought his hind legs crashing down on the helpless bee.

Sundial was unscathed. His body wasn't damaged however he panted heavily. Reaper, on the other hand, had cuts everywhere but he didn't pant. I assume he was running on pure adrenaline.

Their next opponents were a pink thing carrying an over-sized mallet. I don't know how to describe it. The other thing looked even stranger.

Sundial found himself faced with the stranger of the two. It walked up to him calmly. He looked puzzled at it.

Reaper ran at his opponent with reckless abandonment. As he raised his sword, her mallet struck his head.

Sundial threw a quick punch at the odd creature. The creature vanished. It had left. He looked around frantically for the thing. Sundial's body fell back. His front hooves grasped at his neck.

Reaper's eyes watered. He looked at his opponent only to be struck again with the mallet. He tried in vain to get up. Each attempt he did, only made the mallet hit his head again and again. Until he stopped. His body was motionless in a large crater. The crater caused by his repeated beatings courtesy of the mallet.

Sundial’s eyelids closed. His body went limp. Then it fell to the ground. The strange creature reappeared where Sundial had been choking.

"I'll take care of this princess," I said absent-mindedly.

"No," she replied strongly.

"What?"

As I asked this I heard her get up. A heard a colt or two grasp at her legs. She hushed them as she came to stand beside me. I looked at her. That look from earlier had only grew.

"I'll handle the disappearing act. You get the mallet."

"Why don't you get the mallet?" she questioned.

"Because I don't want to hurt my face," I explained. "It helps to entertain the masses. I must keep it safe for their sake. Also, you'll see the mallet coming. We don't know what that thing is capable of. There is also the advantage I have dragon eyes; with them I can see his thermal energy. He can’t hide from me."

"Why didn't you tell him where it was?"

"I was kinda absorbed watching the battle," I replied nervously.

"Alright let’s go!" she said flying at the mallet-wielding psychopath. As she did that, I changed my eyes to that of a dragon's. I made my own charge as well.

The creature tried its vanishing act again. Then, it moved to get behind me. This time however its opponent saw it coming.

I jumped into the air. I shot a gust of wind encasing it in an icy prison.

I grabbed the chunk of ice it was within, then flew high into the sky.

I removed my wings and let gravity pull me. When I was about fifteen feet in the air, I tossed the ice-block. It crashed into the floor hard. The ice shattered upon impact.

The robot had, however, made it. Its horn was snapped. The arms and legs had bits frosted over.

It stood there. Most of Its gears were jammed by the cold.

I went straight for it. I punched its torso as I landed. The robot fell over broken beyond repair.

I turned around to find the princess faring relatively well. The pink menace threw the mallet to her left side. Then her right. Cadence was always one foot away. She was very nimble on her hooves.

The robot attacked with the mallet in its right hand .As Cadence moved out of the way, its left hand pushed her back in range.

The mallet connected with a blue bubble. Cadence had created a miniature protective bubble.

The robot looked on in confusion. It didn't grasp the situation.

Cadence focused the protection bubble tightly around her body. Until it looked like she was in a magical suit of armor.

Her magic surrounded the mallet. The robot's grip on it tightened. They struggled for a few seconds until she broke the connection. The robot raised the mallet in victory.

Meanwhile Cadence charged straight at its exposed torso. Her horn tore through the mechanism easily. Its pieces fell to the floor like its companions before it. Its mallet fell down alongside its remains.

"Very flashy princess," I complimented her.

"Thank you," she said panting. The magical shield dispersed.

Her eyes were baggy and red. She yawned tiredly.

"You should get back to helping those kids get home," I urged her.

She nodded. She went back to the kids and began to lead them away.

A loud growl came from behind me. I turned to face a giant cat.

It looked down at me. It threw a giant punch at my side. I backed up, narrowly avoiding it.

Its other arm launched at me. I grasped it in my claws. I pushed against it, but it remained standing still.

I saw the gears run inside its head until an idea came to its mind. He began pushing forward. I dug my feet deep into the ground.

The force, of this big cat's push, forced them out. As they were removed from their holes, I began sliding backwards.

The speed increased with each step. I felt a building behind me. I felt my back lightly tap the building's wall. I stood puzzled at the robot's actions.

Its other hand hit my head. My head rang. I instinctively rose my arms to protect my head.

The now free hand pounded away at my torso. With each punch, I howled in pain. My body grew limp like Sundial's. The cat then grasps my neck.

Then, he backs up. With a quick sprint, he pounds my head against the wall at a tremendous speed. I fall down face first and feel myself convert back into my human form.

It turns me on my back, then it places its foot on my chest. The mere weight of it causes me to yell in anguish.

Suddenly, a smaller cat collides with the larger one. They both roll to the ground. A dark pegasus grabs the ground. He mutters something and large tentacles emerge from a dark shadowy pit, in-which, it drags the two felines into it.

The pegasus falls over panting heavily. He is sweating, hurt, and now unconscious.

I grab him over my shoulder and move under a building where we could both rest. I look at him. I wonder why he didn't enter the tournament. He looks pretty strong. I'd hate to have fought him.

I looked up to see a large beam head straight for the flying ship. And, oddly, some fireworks too. The ship's shields disappeared and the fireworks collided. The ship fell down hard several yards away from us. It looked like it landed right in front of the tournament ring.

I tried to rise. My legs collapsed; too weak to continue. I relented and sat back down. Surely someone else could get to the one responsible. I just needed to rest.

[Velocity's P.O.V. PLAY THIS! ]

We had emerged from the portal. We easily fought through several robots. There were many, but none were seriously strong. As we fought through wave after wave of them, we saw a big blue alicorn.

We rushed to her aid. She looked up in surprise at us.

"Come on. We can't afford to lose you," I said making a portal.

"No," the changeling queen replied..

"What?"

"I'm not going just yet," she explained madly.

"You can't be," I started. I didn't get to finish. She blasted at us and took off flying.

"What a dweeb," Gilda commented annoyed.

"Good, we came here for no reason. Well lets go back," Blaze said equally annoyed.

"Right," I said opening a portal.

As we walked to it, a few odd creatures descended from the sky. They looked like birds. One was green and wore red shoes. Another was purple, thin, and wore a headband. The last one was grey and robust. He wore some kinda necklace. All of them had customized goggles above their eyes.

"What the?" Blaze asked surprised. The grey bird launched itself and punched Blaze away.

"Good, I needed so more exercise," Gilda said sarcastically. She leaped at the purple bird. They flew high up into the air. I looked at the green bird before me.

He raised his fists and looked at me. He was waiting for me to make the first move. I threw my right front leg at his legs.

He back flipped way from the attack. As he did, his feet kicked my head. My head shot back.

I pulled my head forward. It connected with an uppercut from my opponent.

I landed on the floor a few feet away. As he moved forward towards me, he swerved from side to side.

I threw a left punch at him. He swerved out of the way. Then, he grabbed my leg and threw my body.

I plunged my sword leg into the ground preventing my fall. Then I used the momentum to kick my adversary's face.

A large crack formed on his head. I sliced away at it with my arm. The shell shattered revealing the machinery underneath. I stared in awe at its gears movement. It was truly a magnificent sight to witness. As I admired his design, it took the opportunity to headbutt me away.

I slid back a few feet, holding my head. It placed its goggles on. As it did, its goggles glowed yellow. I ran away from its sight. It launched a destructive beam of light.

Lasers! He’s got lasers! I smiled, despite myself. It was majestic!

I ran at the robot. While its display of power was amazing, that much power released would cause some form of recoil. Typically, having a machine have a phase while it charges again. I approached the robot. Its eyes moved but nothing else. I pitied the thing. I sighed as I sliced its body in half.

It was a waste. We didn't have the time to waste with these things anymore. Our mission was a failure.

I saw the huge grey robot crash. Its body was obscured by roaring black flames.

Blaze came closer behind it. He grinned happily at me.

"It’s about time you too dweebs finished," Gilda said from behind us. The remains of her robot was at her feet. It was not pleasant.

"You always finish before us, Gilda," Blaze snickered. Gilda grunted angrily.

I opened another portal and we returned to our base. Why did she refuse to come with us?

[Adven's P.O.V. PLAY THIS! ]

Shadic and I limped our way around. We fought a few robots that were trying to attack the queen-turned-princess.

Honestly, I didn't want to, but Shadic insisted. I wish I told him, but I didn't.

I did manage to convince her to stay and help. Still, I doubt she had any ideas to leave. If she had, she would have never gotten into the situation we found her in.

We also ran into Master Art. He was leading the royal guards. Why they weren't with 'Luna', I could not understand. We helped them take everypony away from the danger zone.

After that, we saw a huge magical beam strike Eggman's ship. Its shields were obliterated. Then some fireworks attacked it bringing it down.

Shadic and I told Master that we'd go end this while he continued helping ponies. He nodded and wished us luck.

As we arrived at the downed aircraft, a familiar face emerged from it. It was a blue hedgehog. He saw us and stood stoically in front of the entrance to the ship.

"Sonic! Why are you protecting Eggman?!" Shadic demanded.

"You don't know?" Sonic asked shocked.

"That you are a robot? We know that," I answered. "Still, that begs the question why you didn't just try to kill Eggman and secure your own freedom."

"He gave me life. I owe my existence to the good doctor," he explained smiling. "I won't let you two hurt him."

Shadic and I slowly advanced upon him. He limped to the right and I to the left.

He watched us. I changed my weapon to my red pole. I shouted,"Power Pole extend!"

It grew extremely long. Long enough to push Sonic back. However, Sonic easily evaded it. Then, he grabbed it. He let out an enormous roar of effort, he swung me at Shadic.

We both fell down hard. Sonic's arms transformed into an enormous cannon.

We laid there too sore to even move. A large blast erupted from the cannon heading straight for us.

Suddenly, from the sky, dropped a blue shaded unicorn. In its hooves it held a shield. It absorbed the fiery blast. The unicorn was pushed in front of us.

"What?" Sonic asked stunned.

As he said that a portal emerged underneath him. He fell through. He emerged a long distance away. He was a mere speck, from what I could see.

"Are you two alright?" DJ said as he and Vibes helped Shadic and me up.

"Yeah," we both said.

"Good. Now you two should go in that ship and kick Eggman's ass, "DJ said nonchalantly.

"But," we uttered.

"Someone needs to hold that blue hedgehog off. You two are too weakened for that job. Besides I think the three of us will be more than enough," Vibes interrupted confidently.

We nodded. Before we entered I turned around to find Sonic was getting closer..

Shadic and I entered the ship. Surprisingly, there were no robots. That was odd for Eggman. He always would have guards. Even if they were pathetic ones.

Eventually we came to a fork in the ship. One route to the left and another route to the right.

Shadic and I decided to split up. I felt there was something to the left that we needed to see.

I traveled down the path to find a bizarre sight. It looked like a lab.

I looked around it to discover everyone from Sonic's World in a Pod. Even Sonic himself.

There was a computer across from the Pods. I decided to try and use that. I punched some keys and sure enough a pod opened.

An orange fox emerged from the pod, coughing. It was Tails. He told me about Eggman's plan.

With Tails’ help we managed to release the rest of his friends. Unfortunately, Tails and his friends were stumbling as they exited their pods. Their walking was sporadic and unfocused. I surmised they were suffering from some kind of pod sickness.. I assumed the robots probably fed on their mental energy in order to impersonate them.

I hoped Shadic would be able to beat Eggman on his own.

[Vibe's P.O.V. PLAY THIS! ]

Adven and Shadic left. That left the three of us to face the fast approaching hedgehog.

"Why can't DJ just use the teleporting-him-away thing?" the blue pony asked.

"Because he'd be too fast for that," DJ explained.

Sonic arrived quickly punching DJ first. Followed by a kick to the other unicorn.

I played a quick tune of music. This released a musical punch to his back.

It connected, but it didn't force him down. He speedily turned around.

Before I could play anything else he threw a punch at me. He had missed.

DJ had recovered enough to create a portal in front of me. Sonic pulled his arm out. Then he turned and ran to kick DJ.

The other unicorn came between them with a shield. Sonic easily broke through it.

Then he kicked the unicorn away. Using the time they bought me I summoned a musical monster.

It was twice the size of Sonic. I commanded it to attack Sonic.

It threw a right punch at him, only for him to effortlessly evade the blow. Then I told it to use a left blow. He evaded it easier than the last.

He managed to get to me. He threw a flurry of punches and kicks at me. This time DJ didn't interfere.

As I lay prone on the floor he continued pounding away at me. I didn't have the time to even let out a grunt of pain.

Before he could continue however a spear pierced his torso. I looked to find the blue pony with another spear in his hooves. And DJ playing his flute.

Sonic tore the spear out, then he grabbed me up and threw me at DJ.

We hit one another falling down. Sonic grabbed the spear and ran at the blue pony.

Sonic attacked his head. He blocked the blow in the space of a breath.

Somehow the pony managed to block each of the hedgehog's attacks. Probably, he was more familiar with a spear than the rampaging hedgehog.

Despite this, Sonic still managed to bring the other unicorn to the ground. He was drowning in his own sweat.

DJ and I locked eyes. He opened a portal as I played away. Together we sent musical punches through the portal.

Another portal appeared in front of Sonic. The musical punches pounded away at his injured chest.

He raised his arms to block the blows. While they lessened them, the blows still caused his chest to crack.

DJ went to help our blue ally up, while I continued playing. Sonic looked at me clearly frustrated. He dodged the attacks with ease.

Instead of heading towards me, he went for DJ. Within seconds, he was there.

I threw a gigantic magic blow to stop him. By then Sonic grabbed DJ from behind and used him as an improvised shield from my attack.

My mouth fell agape in shock. He dropped DJ and ran straight for me.

By the time my senses returned, he had already reached me. He punched the back of my head.

He followed that up with a right kick to the front of it. Then, he grabbed the back of it and pushed it forward. My head crashed into the ground.

I heard something being tossed, banging against metal. I forced myself up.

A boomerang was sprouting from the side of its head. With a quick fling of its right arm the hedgehog sent it back to its owner.

The boomerang sailed through the air heading for his horn. The blue unicorn readied himself for the blow. Before it connected yet another portal appeared.

Another appeared below the hedgehog. Before it could move the boomerang connected with its chin. The robot's entire jaw and boomerang shattered into pieces.

The impact of the blow caused the robot's fake skin to peel off. Its gears and cogs were clear to everyone present.

"Wait! It was a robot?!" the blue unicorn shouted surprised.

"You mean, you threw a spear at a living creature?!" DJ asked angrily.

"I thought he'd dodge it," he answered innocently.

"Shut up you two and focus! He's not dead yet!" I yelled tiredly.

The robot ran at us. Something was off about it though.

"Why is it running slower?" the other unicorn wondered.

"I don't know," DJ and I replied equally dumbfounded.

We all shrugged. The robot reached us. It attacked wildly.

It slashed away at me. I dodged it and retaliated with a musical punch to its face.

Being pushed back, it launched itself at DJ. DJ sent him away via his portals to in front of our companion.

He had formed another spear. As the robot lunged at him, he lunged the spear into its forehead.

It stood still for a second. It sprouted oil from its eye sockets, as it collapsed.

It said a collection of beeps. It looked like it was saying its last words.

The three of us stood there. None of us knowing what to say. We all looked at each other and back to the robot. The blue unicorn went to the robot. He held the robot's hand with his hoof. He smiled at the robot as it continued talking.

I could have sworn at its last moment a tear escaped its eye. Not its own oily tears but a real one. Like one a human would cry out. I looked away. I couldn't bare to look at the body anymore.

[Shadic's P.O.V. PLAY THIS! ]

After Adven and I separated, I found myself in another room. Eggman stood there smiling.

"Hello Shadic," he said mockingly.

"Eggman!" I shouted running at him.

As I threw a punch. He evaded it. He waved a finger at me. Then, he threw a right punch at my face.

"Did you really think that would work now?" he asked, amused.

I tried to pick myself up. I lunged at him.

He slid away from my attack. "Please… You're FAR too weak to do anything to me now!"

He then punched away at my side. Then, he kicked my head.

"But I can do SO many things to you. What should I do, hmm? Make a robot duplicate of you? Transform you into a cyborg?" he said picking me up by my head. The rest of my body was limp. "No. That would still leave you here. I will dispose of you once and for all."

I opened my eyes to see Eggman's eyes glowed a dark crimson. I quickly use my wings to block the blast.

He let go of me. The blow pushed me back. My back was forced up against a wall.

"If you insist on dragging this out more, I'll intensify the power," Eggman said touching the side of his head.

I heard an audible click come from Eggman. My wings felt hot. Despite this I kept them up because I had no other means of defense.

I dodged to examine my wings. They were gone. It was like there was not even a trace of their existence. My back had burn marks where my wings once were. The pain was mind-numbing.

"Eggman..." I groaned in agony.

He walked slowly to me. I could feel him grinning at me. At how defenseless I was. I would make him pay for it.

With a roar of defiance, I threw a punch. My arm was engulfed in purple energy.

Eggman recoiled at the sight. I threw the punch, shattering his arm.

He grabbed at his arm as he howled in pain. Where his arm once was, now there was only circuitry and electricity.

I fell back down, unable to move anymore. All I could do was watch.

Watch Eggman struggle at his arm. His realization of what just happened. Then, his anger at me. Lastly, I saw him walk towards me with murder in his eyes.

I'm sorry, Snowy. I'm sorry everyone. Tears streamed down my face.

As he stands before me. He gloats, "All this time we spent together was leading up to this. My victory over you! And soon, victory over everything! I knew my robots would be destroyed by you ponies. This was all for you. Now PERISH!!"

His eyes glowed that same crimson. I felt the red emanate from them. I closed my eyes awaiting the blast.

When none came I opened my eyes. Eggman's chest was stabbed by a long dark blue horn.

"What?!" Eggman yelled. "No. No! NO!!" He collapsed on his knees grasping at the wound. His gears grinding as he did so.

"Princess Luna," I muttered.

She looked at me with such disdain. She grabbed me in her magic. Together we left the ship.

[Two weeks later. Bass's P.O.V.]

After Princess Luna's rescue of Shadic, everyone went to work destroying the remnants of Eggman's robotic army. The royal army and the princess went to help rebuild Ponyville.

Golden was kind of depressed because of his devastated ring. Luckily, he said he knew some ponies that could help. They were two siblings named Spick and Span. They were total neat freaks.

I don't know how, but in one week they fixed the ring up. Golden explained that he had hired them because he knew it'd get damaged. Apparently they worked on the thing after every round.

Princess Luna said for everypony to meet at the tournament ring. She had a speech she wanted to deliver there.

Everypony showed up. Even Shadic despite his severed wings. He stood among the recovered inhabitants of Sonic's world. I stood alongside Shadow and some other pony.

Luna began her speech. I whispered to Shadow, "How did Shadic survive? Shouldn't he be dead or something? I mean, heat vision to the wings sounds like it'd kill anybody."

"The intense heat cauterized his wounds. Shadic is also naturally resilient. He managed to survive due to his lack of blood loss and magnitude of will," Shadow whispered back.

The other pony shushed us. Shadow and I apologized. I turned to listen to Luna's speech.

A lot of it was generic stuff. Thanking everypony from the royal guard to a citizen. Saying how we needed to be defended better. Stuff like that.

[PLAY THIS!]

Then it got weird. Luna's eyes seemed to flash with glee.

"My dear citizens I have something dreadful to share with you. The human named Eggman isn't the only one responsible for this incident. But also the creature known as Shadic the Pegasushog!" she yelled pointing at Shadic.

My jaw dropped. What the hell is she doing?!

"That is not true! Shadic helped us defeat Eggman!" Shadow yelled frustrated.

Luna nodded. "True, he did help us fight Eggman. However, I was there when he confronted Eggman. Eggman's goal was to destroy Shadic. This wouldn't be the only time they clashed across Equestria. Every place they went was damaged due to their fighting."

"But what about Eggman sending a giant robot to attack the town!" I interrupted.

"A robot he made to draw out Shadic, obviously. The damage before was minor enough but this nearly cost us a town. A town of ponies we care for. I will NOT let his selfishness bring anymore harm to our citizens!" she retorted strongly.

She looked at us waiting for a reply. We couldn't argue with her. We couldn't defend any of it. We couldn't defend Shadic. Sorry, Shadic….

"I hereby banish Shadic and all his friends from Equestria!" Luna yelled powerfully. The crowd erupted in applause. Clearly a lot of them felt the same way before the invasion.

Shadic dropped his head. He opened a portal. Sonic and his other friends circled him. And they all passed through the portal. None of them said a word.

Shadow and I faced one another sorrowfully. Neither of us said a word either.

[In the Darkness. Queen Chrysalis's P.O.V. PLAY THIS! ]

"I've returned," I said arriving

"So you have," the boss observed. "Now I must ask, why did you refuse to come back with the others?"

"Easy. I require the form of Princess Luna. If anypony survived the invasion it would be her. If she was absent and fear set in, most of the ponies could have died. Despite that advantage for us, it would mean we allowed Eggman a victory. I felt we had to eliminate him before that happened," I explained.

"Very well. You may return to your room," he dismissed me.

"Thank you," I said bowing. I made my way to my room.

It was a dark room which was to be expected. There was a single bed. There was also a small table with a plate of food on it.

I turned around and locked the door. I grabbed the plate of food and made my way to the bed.

As I sat on it, another figure emerged from the shadows behind it. It was a white unicorn.

"Why didn't you let me join you?" he asked me angrily.

"Because you would have left me to go kill him. Then, you would act stupidly and nearly get killed," I chuckled.

"I wouldn't die."

"No," I admitted. "But it'd be annoying to have you ALMOST die."

He stood there completely still. I gave him the plate of food. I wasn't hungry at the moment.

"So why did you save Shadic?" he asked puzzled.

"I didn't," I admitted joyfully.

"What? But you said-" he began. I shushed him.

"I took credit, but I didn't do the deed. You see I entered the ship and found some useful things of Eggman's. I took them and was about to leave when I noticed a fight between him and the half breed. It was clearly in Eggman's favor. Then, with a surge of magical energy, his fist ignited destroying Eggman's robot," I elaborated slowly.

"But Shadic has said that-" my bodyguard tried to interrupt.

"Then, he collapsed to the ground. I thought of killing him there, but there was no guarantee he wouldn't get another surge of that power inside of him. Then a thought crossed my mind. With a blast of my magic I altered his memories. That is why he said the events as he recalled them," I said giggling.

"And with that you made yourself the hero. Then you banished him so he wouldn't pose a threat to you."

"Very well concluded, my dear bodyguard," I said rubbing his cheek.

"So, what did you get from Eggman?"

"An army," I replied grinning widely.

PreviousChapters Next