• Published 18th Mar 2012
  • 3,306 Views, 878 Comments

League of Bronies - darkironpony



A typical human turned into a pony in equestria story.

  • ...
26
 878
 3,306

PreviousChapters Next
Stubborn

[Earlier. Shadow's P.O.V.]

I arrived at the cottage. I knocked on the door. Nopony answered. I knocked again but nopony answered.

"Fluttershy, are you there?" I asked loudly. There was still no reply.

I shrugged and entered the cottage.

I wonder where she could be. I'm sure she won't mind if I take the soup. I opened a cabinet and reached for a cup of soup when suddenly a shriek caught my attention.

"Fluttershy?" I said as my blood suddenly felt cold.

I ran out of the home and looked around wildly. I hoped she would be near. That she wasn't in any real danger. No such luck.

"Fluttershy?!" I yelled into the Everfree forest.

In reply I heard another shriek of terror. My grip tightened on the can of soup. I sighed. I suppose Bass can wait a little longer.

My first instinct was to fly to survey the area but I dismissed that. Due to the trees it would be near to impossible for that to work. I decided to run in case I needed my wings as a defense.

"Help! Somepony!" I heard Fluttershy yell desperately.

"I'm coming Fluttershy!" I shouted feigning confidence.

""Shadow?"

"Yes. I'll be right there Fluttershy!" I yelled trying to calm her down.

Before she could reply I found her. I looked out from a bush.

I saw Fluttershy up against a tree. Behind her was Angel bunny and a chicken. Elizabeak. Why can't you just stay in your coup?

I looked toward what could possibly be the reason for her shouts. "Timberwolves," I muttered shocked.

Five timberwolves were slowly approaching Fluttershy and her animal friends. Angel raise his fists to fight the carnivous beasts slowly moving toward them.

I focused on Fluttershy. Her face was one of pure terror. I felt something in me snap as I emerged from the bush and yelled, "Hey you get away from her!"

The predators turned to face me. The largest of the animals tilted its head towards me. Three of the timberwolves complied turning menancingly ready to pounce me if I'd interfere in their leader's dinner.

I stopped and gulped.

"Shadow it is you," Fluttershy said as she noticed me.

"Yeah."

"I'm sorry I got you into this," she said apologetically.

I shook my head. "No need to apologize. I"m going to get all of us out of this," I said faking a smile.

The alpha began to near Fluttershy once again. It bared its teeth as it drooled profusely.

"I said get away from her!" I said angrily.

The alpha continued its approach uninterrupted.

I yelled my frustration and ran straight at the guard timbewolves. They weren't expecting it. I jumped over the first one. I landed on the second one and narrowly evaded the third one.

Before I could reach the alpha another one tackled me down.

It bared its fangs. Some of its drool landed in my eyes. I struggled in vain to get it off. I saw the alpha attack Fluttershy.

"Get off!" I yelled as my voice gained a sharp edge. I felt my entire body become engulfed in shadows.

[Theme Time!]

Now the animal tryed to escape. I wouldn't let go of it as I felt us both sink into a pool of darkness. It was under my power now.

I nearly drowned the predator in darkness but I had work to do and I didn't want to kill it.

I emerged from the pool. The three timberwolves pounched at me.

I flap my wings going over them. With the momentum I grabbed the head of one of them and threw it at a tree.

I ran and tackled the leader before it could continue attacking my marefriend.

"Run Fluttershy!"

"But," she stammered.

"I said go!"

Fluttershy gulped inaudibly and nodded.

I sighed. Sensing my distraction the leader bit into my left front leg.

"Argh!" I yelled in pain. I tryed to push it off with my right front leg. The monster merely tightened its grip.

I hit it with my other front hoof in vain.

I felt myself tear up.Am I going to die like this? At least I saved Fluttershy.

As I thought this I saw the other pack members were running in her direction.

Without thinking I touched the leader's eyes with my good front hoof. Suddenly a cloud of darkness appeared blinding it.

It howled in fear. For just a second it loosened its grip on my hoof. It was all I needed to hit it off.

I flew to intercept the three hunting Fluttershy. My left front leg stinged in pain. I grinded my teeth.

I flew ahead of the beasts stopping them in their tracks. I closed my eyes and concentrated. A giant wall of darkness appeared. Also the giant pool of darkness returned only this time it wasn't dragging them in. It was letting something out.

They howled in defiance. Out of the darkness appeared many tentacles.

They moved to attack the wild creatures. The timberwolves dodged each swipe expertly.

Damn it! They just won't take a hit! I felt a jolt of pain flash through me. I don't have time for this!

I sent the tentacles to target one of them. The other two approached the wall. They clawed at it growling. As they scratched at it I felt something strange.

For each scratch my body took the hit. I groaned in pain. I don't remember how long I kept the wall up. All I remember is how it came down.

Suddenly a familiar howl hit my ears. The alpha rammed itself right into the wall shattering it.

I fell back a few feet. My eyes blurred with my exhaustion. I panted as the timberwolves howled.

The other two flanked the alpha on either side.

Then I noticed the one on the left was the one I had thrown into a tree earlier. I ran at it.

I punched its head. And grabbed it into a neck hold. The alpha already moved to swipe me. I blocked the blow with the timberwolf I held.

The predator groaned in pain. I felt my heart suddenly filled with regret and pity for the creature.

The other one jumped over the alpha right at me. I backed up and bucked it right into the alpha. That sent them both spinning in a circle a few feet away.

They alpha out of anger grabbed its pack member and threw it hard against a tree.

The alpha turned to face me. Its right eye was now crimson. Blood mixed with its saliva.

We circled around one another. Our eyes locked into one anothers.

The alpha howled. I shouted as I ran to meet the beast.

It went for my left front leg again. I dodged the attack. I countered with an uppercut to its head.

It landed on the forest floor hard. It growled in frustration. It rushed at me.

I retreated a few feet. The alpha scratched at my wound. I retreated a few more feet as I held my leg protectively.

It leaped at me and bit into my good front leg. "Awwwww!" I cryed in agony.

It pawed away at my sides. It releashed another savage howl. I felt my body return to normal.

It noticed this and bit deep into my back left leg. Summoning the last of my strength I covered my hoof in darkness.

"Shadow hoof!" I cry as I hit the alpha.

The alpha yelps in pain and is sent flying hard into a tree. The impact causing a sickening crack to be heard for miles.

I pant heavily. I close my eyes and chuckle. To think this all started with me getting soup for Bass.

I felt my eyes grow heavy. The sounds of the rest of the world became distorted.

"Shadow?" I heard a unfamiliar voice say. I was so weak all I could feel was my lips move and then nothing.

[Present time. Bass's P.O.V.]

"It turned out Fluttershy had came back to look for me after she dropped off Angel and Elizabeak," Shadow explained helpfully. "She took me back home and helped to mend my wounds."

I listened intently without saying a word. My jaw dropped. "Dang. Shadow."

Shadow blushed. "What can I say? I want to protect my marefriend."

I sighed. Then a thought occured to me.

"Wait one minute. If she helped you why aren't you covered in bandages?" I said accusingly.

"Well she put the bandages on me. I remembered I needed to bring the soup back to you so I flew here as fast as I could. I guess I went a little too fast and the bandages kinda came undone," he said sheepishly.

I burst out laughing. "Are you serious?!"

"It is nice to see you laughing," he said laughing himself.

"I should probably be getting back," he said beginning to rise. He quickly grasped his sides and stumbled back down.

"Its late. Perhaps you can just rest here for the night," my master said reminding me he was here.

"But Fluttershy," Shadow grunted in pain.

"I'll go tell her. You just sit down and rest," he said exiting the dojo.

"No use arguing with him Shadow," I said comfortingly. "He can be a bit stubborn."

Shadow sighed. "Ok. But I'm still gonna make that soup." He got up. He limped his way to the kitchen.

"He can be stubborn too," I sighed exhausted as I laid back down.

Author's Note: I'm back baby! Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Next chapter Rampage in Carousel Boutique. What could possibly go wrong?

PreviousChapters Next