• Published 12th Jan 2014
  • 393 Views, 0 Comments

The Case of the Missing Mare - MrPandaa



When Locke uncovers the kidnapping of three mares, he can't help but investigate. Soon, Lock finds himself grappling with the first kingpin Manehatten has ever seen. Can Lock foil the mobster's plan and ensure the survival of Manehatten?

  • ...
 0
 393

"Manehatten has left its hoofprint on me"

To this day I have no idea what I said, but I know that I must have appealed to some sense of goodness in the ponies of Manehatten, because it worked. I remember that after I was done, I walked over to the three mares and helped them stumble over in front of the screen. When the viewers could see them properly, I used my last laser charge to cut the rope and set them free. I like to think that ponies applauded after that. My final words were something like: “In the time I’ve spent in Equestria, I’ve come to see that you ponies are different from the ones where I’m from. I don’t know a lot of things about you ponies--I can’t understand how you can stand to always stay on four hooves, and I still don’t know what in Tartarus a hooficure even is--but I do know one thing for sure.”

Then--and I know I remember this part right--I turned to the beautiful white mare beside me and said, “Manehatten has surely left its hoofprint on me.”

Author's Note:

Yeah, another awkward chapter that has almost no words. I'll figure out some way to either cut this or to enlarge it into a full speech thing.
Also, another story, though this one isn't humorous in the slightest, so you're not allowed to laugh. When I first looked at the prompt for EqD's Training Grounds, which was "Manehatten leaves its hoofprint on everypony who ventures into it," or something like that, I immediately jumped to a full-scale takeover by a Mafia-esque gang. Of course, this idea didn't quite make it to fruition (I figured it would take way too long to write), but remnants of it are still there--the boss guy was going to be the leader of this gang, and the hoofprint-stained note from chapter one was an attempt at humor in what I thought was going to be a dark piece (Manehatten would literally leave its hoofprint on everypony in it).