• Published 13th Jan 2014
  • 231 Views, 2 Comments

Dead Ponies Trotting - Ominous Fate



Join Bullet Shear and his team of ponies trying to live in a Equistra overrun by zomponies.

  • ...
 2
 231

Chapter 2:Encounter

The taste of ash filling my mouth brings back old memories, the days on the streets by myself, the day that they where taken from me.... I look out into the ash filled sky and barely make out the silhouette of the sun through the ash.

"It's almost nightfall." I comment.

"And we still have not found anything." Tech Edge lashed back. "Why couldn't you just watch the rations! Was it that freakin hard!" Tech Edge yelled and got up in my face.
"Yeah, because for some reason all of the boxes was evenly distributed with food expect the last one only had two carrots!" I yell back at the green maned pegasus.
'So what! You still should have checked!" He raved, I then noticed he was carrying a taser trampler on his hoof, and it was on. "This team could do better without you!" He carried on, walking closer to me. I try to trot backwards and levitate Escrima halfway out of her sheath, but I know it's no use, he can get that taser on my chest faster than I'm going to be able to draw Escrima, but I'm not going down without a fight! We both froze as the same sound reached both of our ears, a unearthly moan coming from an alley a little ahead of us and to our left. Tech Edge and I quickly turn towards the alley. Tech Edge quickly takes flight, flicking his wings to extend his custom retractable wingblades and flicked his other hoof to extend his retractable hoof knife from his boot. Meanwhile I levitate out Escrima and put her in a defensive position in front of me. Then we see the mob of rotten fleshed, half eaten, limping groaners known as zomponies. They half walk half limp towards us at first then one at the front notices us and they all limp-gallop in our direction. I point one of the blades of Escrima at the lead zompony and fire it's under barrel . And take it's head off. I then twirl her around to shoot again, but this time I only caught the zompony in the shoulder, then their was no more distant left and we charged into the fray. I slash an exposed neck on my right, beheading a zompony, and with the same movement also another one in front of me across the chest. I then twirl the blade around my body hampering the movements of the sick smelling monsters around me. I then use my magic to twist and separate Escrima's two blades into to separate weapons. And plunge them into the two zomponies at my sides chest's. I then pull out the two halves of Escrima and twist them back into a whole. I then turn around, to face the survivors of the mob I just helped thin out. Only six of the slashed up, rotting monsters remain, wait! Make that five, Tech pndedEdge just beheaded one with his wingblades. I then twist my weapon apart again and shoot my barrels at two of the remaining zomponies and rush in for the charge. I stick my blades into two zompony skulls, while Tech Edge swoops down and fries the last one with his taser. We sheate our weapons and fall to the ground panting.
After a while I finally spoke, "Look Tech Edg-"

"Don't apologize. I should be the one apologizing, I've been a jerk." He admitted. "Without your help today, I doubt I would have made it." He explained.
"It still doesn't make me any less responsible, besides I doubt I'd be half as good as I am now without you making Escrima be able to split apart like that." I explain.

"Okay, where both morons." He said sarcastically rolling his eyes. We both laugh and give each other a hoof bump.

"Yeah but we will be dead morons if we can't find food soon, I'll take on a dozen zomponies before I would even dream of fighting those two." I comment.

"Yeah, let's get going." Tech Edge agreed. After another three empty houses we finally found a storage container in the basement of a large two story house. I cast a spell to open the lock and we rejoice in our findings, we found ourselves a whole box of dried fruit, another box of oats, and two gallons of purified water.

"We hit the mother load!" I exclaimed.
We carried the container back home where Stardust examined the contents.

"So did you run into a pack today?" She inquired, not even looking up from the food.

"Yeah, but we took them down easy enough." Tech Edge answered.

"That's not the point, that's the fourth time in a row that we have encountered zomponies whenever we go out, they may know where in the area." She explained, she then gave us back the case. "Put it downstairs, we will organize it in the morning." She said walking into the bedroom hallway. We then trot back towards the basement door, and descend down the stairs into the small room I then put the container on the food wall and go back upstairs while tech edge puts up his weapons. I then walk into the bedroom hallway past the other three ponies bedrooms and levitate open my bedroom door. It is devoid of anything besides chipped navy wall paint, a boarded up window, and a mattress up against the wall. I levitate off Escrima and her sheath and lay them beside my mattress. I tried to sleep but every time I closed my eyes I kept seeing those rotten monsters, them eating my family and then turning their gazes to me.

Comments ( 1 )

I have been busy coming up with an extremely detailed new fan fiction so I'm afraid this one is going to have to wait for now.

Login or register to comment