• Published 6th Jan 2014
  • 541 Views, 2 Comments

Apple Trees Will Always Bloom - Pissed-off-Pegasister



Apple Bloom still doesn't have her cutie mark. She's not very happy.

  • ...
 2
 541

Chapter 1: Scootaloo

Chapter 1: Scootaloo

“Since the dawn of recorded time, in one town of amazing amazingness, three types of ponies co-exist:”

“We are Earth Ponies!”

“We are Unicorns!”

“We are Pegasi!”

“And in a town where friendship reigns is our home, now welcome to the stadium, the flag of the place we love best!”

“Ponyville forever! YAY!”

Scootlaoo stood, holding her position while trying to get a steady flow of air through her. Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom stood on top of her, each holding their own pose while the crowd applauded and cheered wildly for them. Keeping a steady breath, Scootaloo eyed her scooter off to her left. Waving Ponyville’s flag proudly, it was almost as if the small scooter was also applauding Scootaloo.

Still standing on the stage, panting heavily, trying to manage both Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle’s weight, Scootaloo gazed at all the cheering fans. This was made possible by her, by her friends, and her family…who were basically her friends, but that didn’t matter! What really mattered is all the love and support that went into perfecting this act! The games could now begin! Well, at least not until the trio removed themselves from the stage first.

Scootaloo released her two friends, giving a huge, happy sigh as she no longer had to hold them. Not that her friends were particularly heavy, it was just quantity over quality. Grabbing her faithful scooter, the trio headed off stage to watch the games while Ms. Harshwhinny announced the events and when breaks and intermissions would take place, and other not-game-related things. Once the trio was alone, Scootaloo grabbed her friends into a tight hug.

“I can’t believe we did that so PERFECTLY!”

“I know! It was so unbelievable! You were amazing too, Scootaloo!”

“Ah couldn’t have said it better mah-self! We make a perfect team! Cutie Mark Crusaders forever!”

Scootaloo looked over at her exhausted scooter. If it could talk, Scootaloo was sure it was tell her how proud it was of her too. She practiced for hours with that scooter, making sure it could tolerate ripping through the fabric of the hoola-hoop, and being able to come to a quick halt so Scootaloo could swing around for her big finish with the other Crusaders. Despite the occasional meltdown where Scootaloo became frustrated over not being able to fly, her scooter was still there, supporting her all the way. It was truly a loyal friend to her, and she couldn’t wait to learn to master more tricks on it.

While Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle fawned over their huge success, Scootaloo suddenly felt something funny. It was a warm; kind of fuzzy feeling…Was she falling in love? No, it couldn’t be something as silly as that. Sure, she loved her friends, just not like that. Suddenly, and idea struck her. Her mastery of her scooter, how it made her feel so free and happy, making her realize anything was possible…She turned around to look at her flank just in time for a flashing light to blind her. The other fillies didn’t escape the blinding, as suddenly they were surrounded by paparazzi taking their photos and congratulating them on a job well done.

After shaking the stars out of their eyes, one of the photographers came up to them and asked if they wanted to see one of the pictures she had taken. Scootaloo didn’t really care much for photos, but of course Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle HAD to look. Just as Scootaloo was turning to head back up to the audience, she heard Sweetie Belle squeak, which was Sweetie-Belle-n for, “OH MY GOSH”.

Scootaloo turned to meet stares from both the photographer and her friends. The photographer had nothing but a sweet smile on her face while Sweetie Belle looked super excited, bouncing up and down. That could really mean anything though as, Sweetie Belle was ALWAYS like that. Apple Bloom on the other hand had an extremely weird expression on her face. She looked almost disgusted, with a twisted, forced smile on her face. It honestly frightened Scootaloo a little.

“So uh, what’s up guys? What’s with the funny looks?”

Sweetie Belle immediately jumped next to Scootaloo’s side and gently pushed her side upwards to show off her flank.

“Scootaloo, look, you got your cutie mark!”

Author's Note:

This, and the next chapter are more like prologues than anything...But eh.

I hate trying to write how the CMC will acquire their cutie marks...It's just not very fun. As such, you won't know what the CMC's cutie marks are at all, unless I get requests for them or something OTL