• Published 6th Jan 2014
  • 554 Views, 9 Comments

Who I Used To Be - Nanobyte



After Suri Polomare's plan backfires, and Coco, the only pony she would consider to be one of her friends, she starts to realize what pony she's turned into, and wishes she could turn everything back to the way it was, just like in Ponyvill

  • ...
 9
 554

Regrets (Suri Speaks)

"Everypony for herself! Everypony for herself! Everypony for herself!" It seemed to have become my motto, I took it as a truth, as a rule in life, and that only led to my regrets. I didn't have them until I realized that I was cruel to Rarity and Coco. Not only did I hurt them, but I hurt myself. Moving to Ponyville, away from Hoofington, away from Coco, is a nothing compared to what I have gotten myself into. At first, I blamed it on Manehattan and it's hoofprints that it leaves on everypony. After my breakdown, I realized that I'm the one to blame. After all, I became greedy, I became blind, I became cruel, and the only pony to blame that on is me.

Coco doesn't deserve to be friends with somepony as selfish as I am. I hope she's made some better friends, wherever she is now, and I hope she has a job she enjoys. If she doesn't, I hope she at least thinks it's better than working with a cruel pony like me. I want to apologize to Rarity, but I'm not sure she'd want to see me after my taunts, my theft, my trickery, and same for Coco. But I can't be upset forever. The whole mess is my fault, and I need to be strong, I need to get over it and start a new life. Maybe open up a shop, where everything is original, never stolen things. Perhaps make a few friends who I'll treat nicer than Coco. I'll just need to start over. Although I'll never forget, I can move on. Maybe that way those who I hurt can live on without being hurt again.

Comments ( 7 )

This chapter alone feels like it could make a great stand alone fic. Just saying. :trixieshiftleft:

This song for fanfiction, perfectly

3741662
Yeah. I'm not super happy about the last part either, but thank you for the advice!

3741677
Right here Ma'msir.

And sorry bout the ma'msir part XD I do that when I don't know someone's gender.

3750779
Indeed it is!

3741681
Derp. I don't understand what you're saying at all.

3768141 A fic where Suri turns over a new leaf due to her regrets about what she did during Fashion Week.

Login or register to comment