• Published 5th Jan 2014
  • 860 Views, 8 Comments

Leave, Forget, Move - A-Pie-Flying



A few years have passed, Scootaloo's wings are still broken, and unable to fly. But she is used to it, and she's okay if she couldn't fly.

  • ...
0
 8
 860

Abandoned Hut

The three ponies reached to Zecora's hut. But it was empty. “Hello? Zecora? Are ya there?” Applebloom asked, looking around the hut. Inside, outside, up, down, behind and front. But all she could find is a piece of paper laying down in the cauldron. “Whoever you are, if you're reading this. You do not have to worry about me. I have moved to a further area, it is certainly not as bad as I thought. So, don't worry about me, just keep calm.” Applebloom read the letter out loud. “That must be Zecora's first time writing normally, and not writing in rhyme. I'm impressed.”

“Impressed about what?” Sweetie Belle came into the hut, noticing Applebloom with the letter immediately. “What's that?” Sweetie Belle got closer to Applebloom, and Applebloom showed the letter to Sweetie Belle, letting her have a closer look at the letter.

“It's from Zecora. She moved to another area. And I'm impressed because I didn't know she was able to write normally. I thought she would write in rhymes and stuff.” Applebloom said, showing Sweetie Belle the letter. Sweetie Belle took the letter from Applebloom's hooves and read it in her mind.

“Wait, she moved away?” Sweetie asked, as she saw Applebloom's head shook up and down. “Aw!” Sweetie Belle sighed.

“So, what should we do now? Ah mean, we have a few more hours.” Applebloom said looking around the abandoned hut. “It doesn't seem like Zecora will be coming back anytime soon.” Applebloom touched the hut's wall, feeling the wood's smoothness. “Maybe we can make good use with this hut here.”

“Are you sure about that? What if Zecora comes back?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“Aw, come on now. She said she moved. Well, yeah, I do feel sad. But we can't just leave Zecora's hut abandoned, and unclean. If Zecora came back, either way, she'll find her hut filled with spider webs and insects!” Applebloom said, as Sweetie Belle thought it through. “Well, if we change this place into some kind of sleeping or camping area for us, we can make it for anypony. Well, of course, only certain ponies.” Applebloom said, walking around in circles.

“I don't know, Applebloom. It is a good idea and all, at the same time, I kind of feel bad.” Sweetie Belle said looking at the ground with a frown.

Applebloom lifted Sweetie Belle's head up, “Well, ah know how ya feel. But, if we don't use this hut, nopony will.”

Scootaloo wasn't there the whole time, she wandered off and went deeper into the forest. She saw a cyan pony sitting outside, roasting marshmallows. She went to have a closer look, it was Rainbow Dash! “Sis?” Scootaloo asked softly. Rainbow Dash turned her head behind to see who was calling her.

“Oh hey, kiddo.” Rainbow Dash said joyfully waving the marshmallow stick up in the air, “Care to join me for some marshmallows?”

Scootaloo walked to the side of Rainbow Dash and sat on the log. She grabbed a stick and punched in a marshmallow and begins roasting it. “So... What are ya doing?” Rainbow Dash asked, turning the stick.

“Nothing much. Just exploring Zecora's hut, I guess.” Scootaloo replied.

“Zecora moved, if you don't know.” Rainbow Dash ate a marshmallow while it is still hot and roasted. “It burns! Hot! So hot!” Rainbow Dash quickly stood up and flew up into the air to find a stream of river an quickly dashed towards the river and threw herself in it literally. Scootaloo laughed the whole time, causing her marshmallow to fall onto her hair.

Rainbow Dash jumped out of the water, and the first thing she see was Scootaloo laughing. “Hahaha! Not funny.” Rainbow Dash walked back to the log, and saw a melted marshmallow on Scootaloo's hair. She giggled a bit, trying to keep it in, so Scootaloo could not figure out what is on her head. “Pfftttt....! Hehe....” Rainbow Dash giggled as she closed her mouth with her hooves. She cleared her throat and begin talking normally once again.

“Where is Applebloom and Sweetie Belle? Aren't they suppose to be with you or something?” Rainbow dash asked, trying to sound as normal as possible, an without giggling this time.

Scootaloo stopped laughing, and sat down straight. “Well, their here alright. Except, I think they are still checking out Zecora's hut. I'm not really sure what they are doing right now.” Scootaloo stood up, walking away slowly and stopped at a nearby bush. “I'm going to check on them now. See ya later in the afternoon.” She waved goodbye to her sister and walked away, disappearing into the forest.

She manage to find her way through the forest and back to Zecora's hut. “What are you doing?” Scootaloo asked as she tilted her head.

“We will now take over this hut!” Applebloom said, giving out an out of tune evil laugh.

“Me and Applebloom agreed to make this hut into some sort of camping area for us crusaders, even though we had our cutie marks already, and our sisters and friends.” Sweetie Belle said, giving out a huge smile.

“That's awesome!”

Applebloom walked inside the hut. “We need something to patch up some of these holes, and maybe some new floorings too.”

“We can do that.” Scootaloo said. “How about the walls?”

“We're keeping the walls.” Applebloom said as she looked around the hut, in case anything else needs renovating. “Okay. I think that is all we need. Some new floorings, and maybe some kind of wall that match this one. And maybe we could make some minor adjustments too.”

“What kind of minor adjustment?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“We could add a fireplace out here, and a stump right there,” Applebloom said, pointing to certain areas outside the door. “And for the inside, we could maybe make a cabinet here and there, and a closet there, in case Rarity brought a bunch load of dresses.”

Sweetie Belle could just imagine Rarity doing that if they ever go camping here. “When are we going to renovate?”

“Maybe around next few weeks. Ah'm kinda busy bucking apples.”

“And I'm busy being lazy.” Scootaloo added.

Applebloom and Sweetie Belle stared at Scootaloo. “What?” Scootaloo said, shrugging.

“Ya and yer sister are the same.” Applebloom said with a smile.
“No wonder you and Rainbow Dash is so alike.” Sweetie Belle added in.

Scootaloo did not understand a single word they said, so she just went along with it.

Author's Note:

Sorry if this chapter wasn't that exciting. As you can see, I'm not good at making rhymes and stuff, so I have to make Zecora move to another area. Also, this chapter kinda came out later than the others. Sorry to keep you all waiting.