• Published 3rd Feb 2014
  • 1,626 Views, 29 Comments

Time for a Little Magic - Sketch-Pad



Twilight Sparkle is sent back in time to learn from the young Starswirll (the bearded).

  • ...
3
 29
 1,626

Prologue

Some time has passed since Twilight became a princess, her abilities have grown even stronger, and she has learned many new spells and developed her powers. She has just received an urgent letter from the princess.

Twilight trotted around the Canterlot library, thinking hard. "Why now?" the purple alicorn thought to herself. "I understand that I have learned alot from Princess Celestia, but does she really have to send me back into the past? Is there really nothing else she can teach me?" She sighed, and Spike was watching the mare trotting in circles.

"Twilight, I think you should pack instead of running around thinking about it." Spike blurted outloud, and she gave him a stern look in reply. "I'm just saying. I thought stressing too much was bad for time travel anyways?" Twilight stopped in place, and looked at the purple and green dragon with out a word.

She took a breath, and walked over to the letter from the Princess sitting on the desk under the window. She levitated it with her magic, and studied the letter yet again. She sighed. Part of her didn't want to go. She wanted to stay with her friends, but she knew that they had grown and pursued their own lives, and she would soon have to do the same, instead of thinking too much about the past.

Rarity had gotten her wish, and had a famous boutique in Canterlot, and ponies from all across equestria would come to see it. Rainbow Dash had gotten her way into the Wonderbolts, though she was still technically a rookie. Apple Jack was begining to settle down with a stallion (whom she still hasn't told the name of) and still worked on the apple farm. Fluttershy still lived in her cottage, but was shyly trying to make a move on Big Macintosh. Pinkie, still remained Pinkie Pie, staying in ponyville and still throwing the best parties around. While each one lived separate lives, they did get together time and time again, but it wasn't anything like when they were younger.

Twilight looked at the small dragon. "I'm going to head out now. Princess Celestia said I don't need to bring anything, other than myself." She nudged a disappointed looking Spike on the cheek. "Don't worry, I'll be back before you know it. And I will tell you everything when I get back." Spike hugged the purple and pink maned princess. "Just be safe, okay?" Twilight nodded. "And same goes to you too."

She took a step back, and with a magenta flash she had vanished from the spot. She appeared not a moment later in the castle's entrance hall, standing before Princess Celestia's chair. The glorious sun princess stepped out from behind the chair, and beckoned for the smaller princess to follow. Twilight walked back behind the chair, and found a secret doorway that she didn't know was there. It lead to a round room, and she could feel a powerful emanating energy from the center. Princess Luna was also in the stone room, lighting a select amount of candles.

"Every major form of a spell was cast in this room, thus making it a strong place of power," the moon princess began. "In this room there is a balance of light and dark, fire and water." She said. Twilight could see fine with the light of the candles as she observen the room. There was a pool of water, round and dark in the center of the room. There were several white lotus flowers floating on the surface, making the water look even darker. The candles Luna had lighted were mounted in groups of three on the walls, and there were only six sets around the room. A silver and gold windchime hung just above the pool as well, shining and reflecting the orange light that danced around the room. Princess Celestia then began to talk as the purple alicorn made her observations. "When you go into the past, you must remember, do not talk about the future, or anything involved with it, including your friends or family."

Twilight looked up at her mentor. "But what about spells? Some of them came after the time I'm going to, and they're some of the most common spells I use!"

"For now, just stick to the basics. Also, you will probably have to take on a different name, but you should be able to come up with one just fine. And, I suggest you hide your wings. Luna and I did not exist in the time you're going back to, so the ponies there haven't seen an alicorn before." Twilight blinked at her mentor. Surely the two princesses at least had parents or something at that time.

"When we send you back in the past, you will stay there until you yourself cast the spell to come forwards in time," Luna added. "And that immortal spell you cast on yourself will still be in effect in the past, so do not worry about aging."

Twilight remembered the spell that Cadence had discovered long ago, and she had taken on the attributes of a typical alicorn.. well almost. She still aged like every other pony, just slower, but not as slow as Celestia and Luna. Candence eventually decided to share the spell with Twilight after she had become an alicorn. Twilight tested it on herself, and so far, it worked. She aged slower than the rest of her friends, but she still grew with them. She didn't talk about it too often, so she was surprised to hear Luna talking about it.

"Well, we should get started..." Twilight said, slightly louder than a mumble.

The purple unicorn walked to the center of the room, infront of the dish of water. Luna and Celestia stood across form her, and their horns began to glow with their magic. A peculiar sent of Mint filled the air, and the lotuses in the pool started to move. The air began to spiral around Twilight, allowing her mane to curl around her face. Wisps of silver sparks caught in the wind current, also catching the metal pipes from the windchime that hung above, filling the room with a gentle ringing melody. As the spell intensified, so did the sparks, but the fire from the candles began to blaze. There was a loud flash that lit up the whole room, and once it had ended, the purple princess had vanished, leaving nothing behind. The room was still and the only thing that moved was the wind chime, but quickly it too, calmed down to a stop.

The white princess looked at her sister. "It's time for her to know. When she gets back, she will not be the same."