• Published 17th Mar 2012
  • 2,165 Views, 57 Comments

How The Mane 6 Got Into Books - 10000 B_C



The Mane 6 are transported into a series of books by Discord and forced to enact their plots.

  • ...
0
 57
 2,165

A Brief Interlude

Discord sat, sipping gently at his cold chocolate as he held aloft a green book, its cover so worn by time it was unrecognizable.
It was, of course, upside down- just how he liked it.
He drained his cups to the dregs and placed his book gingerly on the ceiling where he had been sitting cross-legged. He smoothly floated to the floor, flipping himself over while singing an old Earth pony tune. He stopping humming and gave a dramatic yawn, strolling over to the table where he was keeping his captives.
He leaned in to one- the letters flew about, forming pictures of the ponies he had magically trapped inside them. The first, the adventure- if you could call it that- book, showed a pony flying from a boulder, by the looks of it, with the other on her back. Easy enough,,, maybe he’d send a present their way at some point, just to spice things up.
The second- oh, exciting! Fluttershy was sprinting down the hall, a knife embedded in the door behind her!
The mare chasing her looks furious!
And the third... hmph. Boring. It was just the two Earth ponies walking on a shabby little dirt road- not nearly as interesting as the others.
Well, he would do his part to ensure that this world would be as full of chaos as the one he was dreaming of soon. He focused intently on the book, moving his hands and shifting his eyes rapidly, changing the very foundation of the book itself.
Sure, it’s making the binding unstable...
But what’s the fun in being stable?

*-*-*-*-*-*

Spike’s eye retreated from the keyhole, having captured all it needed to know.
He knew this was his chance- while Discord was distracted, he’d bust out of the closet and escape, getting the help of the rest of the town to get rid of Discord!
Of course, he’d been telling himself that ever since Discord was distracted by reading, or locking up Owloysius in a cage and dressing him in a bunny suit, or curling his eyebrows. Each time, though, he’d backed down.
Mainly because he’d seemingly made Twilight and her friends disappear completely, and after seeing them bound and gagged like that... well, Spike felt sick to his stomach.
He knew he had to be brave, but... it was too dangerous to be brave. He found himself thinking, yet again, of a heroic rescue by one of the princesses, or Big Macintosh, or even Applebloom! Anypony to get Discord out of the Library and back into stone.
Of course, sitting and wishing for somepony to help wasn’t going to do much for his friends...
He had to do it! For real, or he might never see his friends again!
He had to do it, soon! In maybe a minute! Or a few!
He slid against the keyhole again, debating the pros and cons of opening the door. Meanwhile, Discord was enjoying himself, swapping titles from book to book to aggravate the librarian if she were to return from her journey into literature.