• Published 1st Jan 2014
  • 759 Views, 3 Comments

The White Bats - skylarkbrony



Fluttershy's free from the fruit bat curse, but what if a larger one has been freed on all of Equestria.

  • ...
 3
 759

Twilight's mistake

Battershy let out a hiss as the cloth of magic rapped around her form, her fangs retracted, ears shrank, and eyes lost their red hue as the vampire fruit bat desires were forced from her body. Light filled the dark orchard as the spell reached its crescendo, the light transformed into six glowing bats which scattered in different directions revealing a normal looking Fluttershy floating in the air surrounded by a translucent purple aura. Being slowly lowered to the ground the yellow mares five friends gathered close around their newly cured friend.

“What happened?” Fluttershy moaned as she pushed herself up off the ground.

The ever helpful Pinkie Pie rushed forward to give a completely unhelpful explanation of the events as she saw them, continuing to talk as twilight lead everyone towards Fluttershy’s cottage.

Twilight Sparkle mentally berated herself again for over sleeping this morning. One night of excitement and you think you can sleep all day, especially when I wanted to get up early to check on Fluttershy. A shiver ran down Twilight’s spine as the thought of the terrible affects her spell had on her poor friend.

The mid-morning sun shown its light on the pristine cottage nestled close to the Everfree forest. Twilight smiled as she enjoyed the chirping of the birds and the soft clicking noise her hooves made on the bridge spanning the slowly gurgling stream. I always like visiting Fluttershy's house the calming aura does my heart… twilights train of thought was cut short by a stack of envelops in front of the cottage door. Twilights head twisted in contemplation as the realization that she had never seen any mail at Fluttershy’s door before, the laid back county atmosphere that permeated ponyville made seeing unclaimed mail even to mid-day a normal happen stance, but never here.

A compassionate smile filled twilights face as she bent over to grip the mail with her teeth, the poor pony must have been so tired from last night she must have forgotten. The mail situated comfortably in her mouth Twilight raised a hoof and knock on the cottage door, the melody of the birds continued uninterrupted for a long span. After a carefully calculated polite pause twilight knocked once more. She must be out back caring for her animals, Twilight deducted. Turning around Twilight followed the path to the back of the cottage. Twilight froze as she spotted the variety bird feeders scattered around the backyard. They were empty. Never in all of Twilight’s years of friendship with Fluttershy had she ever not feed her birds in the morning even after discords return she was up before the sun and taking care of her animals.

Worry filled twilight as she ran to the back door and pulled it open, the mail scattered on the ground where she unknowingly dropped it. Moving through the door not bothering to knock Twilight searched the house, as usual the cottage was filled with animals but they were on a search of their own. Pots fell to the floor as impatient animals searched for their food. Every room of the house was in disarray Twilight had not seen it this bad since rainbow dash had tried to take care of the animals when the cutie marks had been switched. Upon reaching the bedroom Twilight was greeted by a very angry bunny.

In the corner of the room the bed bulged with a pony shaped lump, pushing angle bunny to one side ignoring his urgent gesturing at a cook book. Grasping the blanket with her teeth Twilight yanked it off in one quick movement revealing a faded yellow coat of fur. Stepping back in horror Twilight viewed the faded Pegasus laying on the bed it chest slowly rising and falling rhythmically. Shacking off her shock Twilight raised her hoof and shook Fluttershy’s shoulder which only resulted in a soft moan and her flipping over to her other side. Redoubling her effort Twilight shook her harder while calling her name, with louder moan dim yellow eyelids rose to half lidded eyes. “Fluttershy are you all right, it’s not like you to sleep this late.”

“I’m fine just let me sleep.” Fluttershy huffed turning away from Twilight’s form.

“Fluttershy what about your animals; their hungry and making a terrible mess.” Twilight gently hinted, trying to raise the Pegasus from the bed.

“Their fine their animals they can scavenge for food like they normally do.” Fluttershy complained as she pushing Twilights intrusive hooves away.

Stepping back Twilight pondered the problem she was faced with, its looks like the time Discord reversed her element but she’s not acting mean, just apathetic… “Oh no.” Twilight moaned with guilt. “The spell must have done more than it was meant for. The basic construction of the spell matrix was to remove the desire to consume fruit, but what if it removed more than just one desire but all of her desires.” Twilight whispered as she broke into her habit of talking to herself. “but, where did they go, when I used it on the bats their Desire was transferred to Fluttershy because she was using her stare. With no one for them to be syphoned to where did they go.”

Unconsciously Twilight was now pacing the room back and forth, worry knitting her forehead. Recollection blossomed in her mind as the answer popped into her head. “The bats,” Twilight exclaimed in triumph. “When I used my spell those white bats flew away, they must have been the manifestation of Fluttershy’s Desires.”

Smiling in satisfaction of finding the answer and possible salvation of her friend, “don’t worry Fluttershy, I know how to get your back to norm…” the words of encouragement died in her throat as what she had missed earlier came into view, the yellow coat of her friend did not cover the pony’s whole body anymore splotches of white flesh scattered her body, the fur littered the bed. Eyes widening Twilight tucked Fluttershy in with her blanket and rush out the door.

...

Shadows dance in between the dead trees of the Everfree forest giving the old castle of the two sisters a disturbing background as it sat abandoned and crumbling. “Are you sure we have to go back to the castle?” Rarity whimpered as she shrunk closer to Twilight’s side, “Come on girls, this is the most logical location to check for those bats we saw.” Twilight reassured, “we have to find those bats for Fluttershy and we have to hurry.”

Stepping through the antechamber into the throne room, Twilight still felt unnerved even with all the time she had been spending at the castle.

“At least I don’t have to worry about getting my mane dirty like last time” Rarity shivered as she remembered her fashion faux pas, “it does look a little better since we cleaned it.”

“Well look who it is, long time no see Sparkle.” A harsh voice split the quite of the castle making the two mares jump in surprise.

“Who’s there?” Twilight demanded as she spun to the throne from where the voice originated.


“What I’m gone for a few months and you forget all about me, that’s just like you Sparkle forget all the ponies you stepped on to get where you are now.” The shadow stood from the throne and walked slowly towards them. “But no matter I’m above such insults now, I have become more then you ever could, with those wings you sold your soul. You are no more than a favored pet of the princess, But the Great and Powerful Trixie needs no god to give her wings.” Stepping out of the shadow Trixie flared her pointed bat like wings, her red eyes glaring with hate at Twilight and her friend.

“Trixie what have you done…” Twilight said in shock

“What you never could on your own, I have found a way to gain power and you will not stop me.” Trixie yelled sending a blast of red energy from her horn right at Twilight.

Still in shock from Trixie’s appearance Twilight did not react in time, the red energy slammed directly into her horn sending sparks across the room, pushing Twilight to the ground where she let out a low moan. Gasping Rarity ran to her fallen friend’s side.

“So that’s why they call you Sparkle.” Laughing shrilly Trixie spread her wings and took to the sky, disappearing into the night.

Moon light glinted off a pair of fangs as they lowered towards to sleeping form, with a quick movement Trixie grasped the aura surrounding the pony and greedily devoured it. Leaning back looking at the small mare as the color slowly drained from her coat and mane, while feeling the warmth of power fill her. Trixie wiped her mouth and whispered lowly for her own ears, “A small price to pay.” Hearing movement from the hall Trixie dashed out the window and into the night.

Author's Note:

Wrote this in a day and a half, I think it turned out OK, I had to cram to fit it in 1500 words. after Wednesday I am going to go back and fill it out better. thank for reading it and please leave me some feed back.

Comments ( 3 )

Um, why is there a distinct lack of comments on this story?

This is a great story, and it would be better if you continued it... no matter how unbearable Trixie is....

3722838 I was wondering that to, it's a little unnerving.

Thank you I was wondering if anyone liked it, and don't worry I am writing more now.

3725112

Another note: Thank You VERY much for making "Princess" Twilight realize it was entirely her fault it backfired. Most people tend to forget who was really to blame. If only she was the princess she was supposed to be, then she could've at least compromised between AJ and F-Shy, instead of forcing her to use the stare. This is definitely going to play out really well, I can just feel it.

Login or register to comment