• Published 28th Dec 2013
  • 16,506 Views, 245 Comments

My Little Pony: The Next Generation - MedicHorse



The stories of one summer vacation full of fun and friendship, featuring the children of the Mane Six

  • ...
17
 245
 16,506

The Chapter with the Adorable Date

My Little Pony: The Next Generation
The Chapter with the Adorable Date

After walking about the garden for a while, Annie and T decided to head back to the castle. They did have a date to prepare for, after all. Upon arriving, they noticed that while the parents of the group had returned, their friends hadn’t. T, knowing he was going to have an awkward conversation, elected to get it out of the way now.

“Miss Fluttershy, may I have a word with you?” he asked nervously.

“Well, of course,” she responded, and the two moved to a more secluded side of the lounge. Once they were out of earshot, she began speaking again. “What do you need?”

“Well,” he began, looking towards the floor, “Annie and I spent most of today together, and I wanted to ask you if I could take your daughter out this evening.”

“Really?” she replied, and thought for a moment. “You know I don’t like Annie being alone, but if you’re with her and she agrees, then I guess its fine.”

“Thank you,” he said quickly, then remembered to breathe. He then ran to his room as quickly as he could. While he didn’t seem like it, he was very awkward on the subject of dating, as he had never done it before. He decided to wear his favorite sport coat, custom designed by his mother. He accompanied it with his favorite bowtie. He had to admit, bowties were pretty cool. By the time he had cleaned himself, gotten dressed, and cleared away most of the nervous butterflies, it was time to go. As he exited his room, Annie exited hers. Strangely, T noticed, she was walking out of Twilight’s room. While a bit peculiar, he didn’t think much of it. Twilight was Annie’s source of advice, magic or otherwise. His thoughts were also hindered by one simple fact: Annie looked beautiful. She had done her mane up, and was wearing a stunning red dress. What a shame she couldn’t see it. He finally shook himself from his thoughts, walked up to her, and wrapped a wing around her.

T had picked out an activity he hoped Annie would enjoy: a fireworks display. While she didn’t care much for loud noises, he knew she could see colors. He figured all the wonderful, vibrant hues blending together in the night sky would be perfect for her. They had arrived about a half hour early, as they planned on having a picnic on the lawn where they sat to watch the display. No sooner had they finished then the show started, lighting up the sky with wonderful colors. Annie was slightly startled by the explosions at first, but grew accustomed to them. After a while, she decided to make her move.

“This is quite nice,” she began, “but I wish we weren’t in this crowd.”

T chuckled slightly. “Where else are we gonna sit?”

“Are there any clouds up there?” Annie asked.

“Oh, yeah,” T replied as he stood up, noticing one large cloud up above them. “Hop on,” he commanded, and Annie swiftly complied. Before Annie could even think, T had flown up and landed on the cloud. “Now, you’re gonna have to stay-,” he started before he noticed Annie already climbing off his back. He whipped his head around to see Annie gently land on the cloud without falling through. He breathed a sigh of relief once he figured out what had happened. “Twilight?” he asked, to which she nodded. The two shared a short laugh before sitting down and snuggling close together. While trying to focus on the fireworks, she was repeatedly distracted by how comfortable clouds are. It was like floating around riding on a cotton ball. She was also distracted by the comfort of the stallion next to her. His scales, which she had felt before, were just as lovely now. She suddenly noticed his scent, a sweet, honey-like note, drawing her in. T didn’t usually wear cologne, only on special occasions. As she pondered all these factors, she hardly noticed her face growing closer to him. Before she could stop what she was doing, she found herself giving him a gentle kiss on the cheek. He turned his head slowly at smiled at her, gazing directly into her eyes. She blushed as she felt him shift, but she wasn’t sure why he was moving. She soon felt his clawed hoof land gently upon her neck, pulling the two closer together. As both sets of lips collided, it created a new kind of firework. Annie felt that she finally had somepony who understood her, who knew her flaws, and who loved her anyways. T felt like he was with someone he could open up to, that he could share his secrets with, and would still love him. As the passion flowed between the two and emotions flooded them both, there was one that stood out, one that was always there but was just now being realized: love. They now knew they loved each other. They had for a long time, but this moment had truly awoken that feeling in both of them. They broke apart after a kiss longer than most parents would allow. They simply stared at each other and smiled. Annie turned her head back to the fireworks, while T gently rested his head on hers. They stayed like this for the remainder of the show not sharing a single word. When the finale finally finished, Annie wordlessly climbed atop T and the two took off towards the castle. This flight was exactly what Annie needed. A quick rush of wind to end her night of rushing emotion. While she thought about the date, her mind fluttered back to one word: perfect. This was the perfect ending to the perfect night, sharing a perfect kiss with her perfect new coltfriend. Unbeknownst to her, T was having very similar thoughts. He never imagined he would spend such a wonderful evening with such a wonderful filly, in this wonderful weather sharing a wonderful kiss. While their thoughts were slightly different on the way back, they landed with an identical mental statement. Next time would be even better.

Author's Note:

Honestly, these two are my personal favorite pair. All the others will get their fair share, but they're just so cute! Unfortunately, I won't be doing a new chapter till after New Years. Thanks for your support and I'll see ya soon!