• Published 26th Dec 2013
  • 2,274 Views, 21 Comments

Nyx and the Summer Camp - Tebbzy7



Nyx and her friends went to a camp for the summer

  • ...
8
 21
 2,274

Chapter 5: the Big Day

Pipsqueak ran down the stairs with his saddlebags stuffed full and a bag handle in his mouth. Pip’s dad looked at his son and asked “is that all pip my boy.”



Pip dropped the bag from his mouth and smile “it sure is old bean.”



It was still early in Everfree and Pip was excited to go to camp. In fact he has been excited since he found out about Luna’s camp. And after he heard Apple Bloom, Nyx and Sweetie Belle would be there. He knew it was going to be a great summer; for all things CMC was no-fun wasn’t one of them. Their excitement was contagious and they seemed to see the world in a different way than other ponies.



Pip ran into the Kitchen where his mum was cooking Breakfast, and jumped up to his seat at the table. Then his mum placed his breakfast in front of him, which was hay sausage, hash brown, eggs, some porridge, Oat Cake, and toast with honey. As his mum always says “a good breakfast is the best way to start a good day”. As he ate he watch his parents; his Father read the newspaper mumbled about something in the paper, his mum responded half heartedly just to make his feel like she was listening which she wasn’t. This is a fine oiled machine of how his family did breakfast. And he wondered as he watched, and why was he paying attention to it now. It had been this way all his life.



At another Everfree home the scene was quite different. Diamond Tiara was telling her maid “be careful with the bags I don’t want you to break anything”. She walked into their Dining room to have Breakfast with her parents. As she walked into the room filthy rich put down his newspaper. “Are you all set Diamond Tiara?”



“Yes Daddy, I can hardly wait. Me and Silver spoon don’t have to deal with any of those CMC freaks at camp.”



“I am happy you will enjoy yourself.”



Filthy Rich raise the newspaper and drank some coffee.



In Canterlot in Fancy Pants’ manor Fancy Pants was having Breakfast when a little white Filly with blue mane and tail walked in. “uncle Fancy Pants, I don’t know about this. Why do I have to go to camp?”



Fancy pants smiled and walked over to the filly put his hoof under her chin and raised it so they see eye to eye “my Dear Silken Gloves, you will have a great time at camp. And Luna said she made sure to assign you to her best counselor.”



“If Luna approve of the Counselor then I will, but what about the other campers.”



“They will love you just as I do. Why don’t we have something to eat?” then Fancy pants lend his niece to the table.



In Manehatten in the Orange family apartment Orange Marmalade just finished getting ready. She walked in the dining room to see Babes eating with her family. “I don’t know why babes have to came to camp with me I can do it on my own.”



“Marmalade dear, your cousin Babes is older and her being there would make us feel better about you going.”



“Marmalade, we’ll gonna have a great time at camp.”



Marmalade turned and walked out of the room.



“Marmalade dear, come back here and eat something.”



“Don’t ya worry about it Aunt Orange, I can get something for her on the train to the camp.”



“I am sorry we couldn’t go to the camp with you. I have a garden party to go to and Mosely have work.”



“No worries, I got it.”



In the Fairy pony village Rose talked with her daughter lily.



“Lilly the camp sounds like fun and Nyx and her friends will be there. You always wanted to be friends with them and here is your chance.”



“What if I can’t talk with them? I try so many times and didn’t even have the nerve to fly up to them.”



“This time you don’t have to fly up to them. One of them will be your counselor.”



Lily thought for a second “you promise they would be nice to me.”



Rose sighed “How many times do we have to go through this? Fluttershy, Twilight, shooting Star and myself all told you they are good fillies and would treat you well.”



“Ok, I will go.”



Sometime later on the beaches just outside Everfree Big Mac was pulling a wagon full of water and some young Merponies. Big Mac agreed to pull the wagon. It is true the Lighten hooves could pull it in his place. But then he wouldn’t have got to see Apple Bloom. He has missed his little sister more than he would say.



He pulled the noisy happy Merponies through Everfree to the ring of transportation. When he got there he saw a large group of ponies with parents and their colts and fillies. Then Big Mac felt some things land on his back he turn his head and look ,It was Rose and lily. He smile at them and walked into the ring with all the other ponies. Then they got transported to Canterlot.



Then in Canterlot they made their way to the Train Station. Rose and lily stayed on the big red stallion’s back. And Big Mac didn’t mind they were light and the Fairy ponies help around the Sweet Apple Acres.



On the way to the Station Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon walked just in front of Big Mac. “Silver Spoon, I can’t believe how many ponies are coming to this camp from Everfree”



“Yeah, but they are only pip and some rich ponies not that freak Nightmare moon or her friends.”



“Yeah, we get a month away from those freaks.”



Big Mac just smiled. When they got to the station Big Mac push the wagon into a baggage car and got something to drink in the dining car. While he was there he ran into Babes. he sat and talk to her as the train started to move.



Back in Everfree AJ was talking with Twilight.


“What was Big Mac thinkin he was doin, I bet he thinkin he is clever. Goin to see Apple bloom behind my back.”



“Talking about Apple Bloom, I heard someone was too proud to say goodbye to her sister?”



AJ looked away “I don’t know what ya talkin about.”



“Apple Jack, I can’t believe you would do that.” Then Twilight levitated a letter out of her desk. “I don’t know if I should give you this.”



“What is that?” AJ said looking at the letter.



“It is a letter from Apple Bloom to her Family. I also have one from Sweetie belle to Rarity.”



AJ took the letter and put it down and stare at it. “I should wait for Big Mac to get back to read it.” She smiled “I will have to talk this over with Granny Smith.” She said knowing full well Granny Smith’s answer. “Bye Twilight.” She grabbed the letter and ran out on the Castle toward home.



Twilight got the other Letter out and start to walk over to Rarity’s place.



Rarity was having tea with Fluttershy in the Kitchen then Twilight walked in. Rarity walked into the front room when she heard the bell over the door ring.



“Twilight Dear, what are you doing here I would think you would be neck deep in meeting by now.”



“I would have but most of the noble Ponies are taking their offspring to camp today.”



Fluttershy walked out “that is nice.”



“So twilight what bring you here today?” Rarity asked.



Twilight smiled and brought out the Letter “this, a letter from Sweetie Belle” then she gave it to Rarity.



Rarity looked at it and put it on a table nearby. “It would be rude of me to read that now. And anyways I don’t get to talk with you much anymore.” She looked at the Letter again.



Twilight sigh “Rarity, read the letter. We both wouldn’t mind if you read it.”



Fluttershy nodded.



“Ok if you insist.” She opened the Letter and put on her glasses. After read some “oh sweetie belle” a little later “ahh” after she finished the letter and she smiled “Sweetie belle is a bit homesick but doing alright. How is Nyx doing?”



“She is also home sick but she is also nervous. She doesn’t know if she could do the job.”



“That sound like Nyx. She worries about everything. Like someone else we know.”



“Oh dear, Rarity do you think she will be alright?” Fluttershy said.



“She will be fine. She has rainbow and pinkie there if she needs them.” Rarity insures Fluttershy. But deep down she was worried.



Twilight added “Apple bloom and Sweetie Belle will be there also.”



Fluttershy asked “doesn’t all of them have their own campers to worry about.”



She was right and that brought all the worry that was deep down in both Twilight and Rarity they started to the surface.



Twilight said “Nurse's Corner, yes Nurse's Corner is a great maid and Nurse. She will help her.”



Rarity Smiled “yes she will.”



Fluttershy was about to say something when Rarity said “Fluttershy dear, didn’t you say you were going to teach little birds to fly today?”



“Oh yes, thank you Rarity for reminding me. Bye” Fluttershy flew off



Twilight said “Yes thank you Rarity.”



“Anytime dear.” Rarity said with a smile. “I don’t know about you but I need some tea to calm my nerves.”



“That sounds great Rarity.”



Then they walked into the kitchen.



A little later at the camp, the counselor ponies were walking to the train station for the camp. Their job at the station was to greet the camper and their parents, and make sure they know their cabin assignments.



When they got there Nyx put on her glasses to hide her eye. The last thing she wanted is to scare the young ponies. Then Nyx and Sweetie belle levitated their clipboards from their saddlebag. And Apple Bloom put on her headgear to hold the clipboard.



A minute or so later they heard the train coming. And they took their places. You can’t imagine the surprise then Apple Bloom saw Big Mac walk out of the Train pulling a wagon full of water.



“Big Mac, what are you doin here?”



“The Merponies asked me to bring them here.”



Apple Bloom was delighted to see her brother but she couldn’t show it. She had to be professional.



But that didn’t stop Pinkie. “Big Mac you brought the Merponies. Thank you. Just go down this road until you come to a lake. Then they will jump in the water. Right guys.” They heard responses from all the Merponies.



“See” Pinkie said just before she bounced off.



Nyx was busy with pointing ponies in the right direction. When she heard “good day princess” she turned to see Fancy pants.



“Good day to you Fancy pants, what could I do for you?”



“You see my niece here is going to be a camper here this year. I would like to know who is her counselor is.” He pointed at a young white unicorn Filly.



Nyx levitated her clipboard over in front of her face. “Tell me her name and I will tell you who her counselor is.”



“Her name Silken Glove.”



Nyx didn’t need to look at her board to know who it was. “Well, you’re in luck I am her counselor.” She said as she smiled.



“When I will leave her to you Princess.”



Silken glove walk up and bow “it is a pleasure to meet you Princess”



“Just call me Nyx.” she looked at Fancy Pants “when will you stop calling me Princess?”



“Well, look at the time; I might not be able to get a good seat in the train. Silken glove be nice to Princess Nyx.”



“Goodbye Uncle Fancy Pants.” They nuzzle and he left.



Nyx put Silken Glove’s bags on her cart. And tell her they we’ll go to the cabin after the other two campers show up.



“Hey Nyx, how are ya,”



Nyx turn to see Babes. “Hello Babes. Do you want to know what Cabin you’re in?”



“Apple Bloom already told me. But here is my young cousin Orange Marmalade.”



Nyx smile “hi Orange Marmalade, it is good to meet you.”



“Who do you think you are?”



“I don’t know who you are but she is Princess Nyx Daughter of Princess Twilight. So I would show her some respect.” A light gray Pegasus with a blond braided mane and tail said



“Good day Skydancer, you are here this year too.”



“Yes I am. This year is going to be awesome; I am going to be in Rainbow’s cabin. I will impress her with my moves and I am so going to be a wonderbolt.”



A group of Pegasus walked up. The leader of the group a dark gray pony with a white mane and tail said “I don’t know who this Rainbow is. Impressing her wouldn’t help you got into the Wonder bolts. But impressing me would, I am Cloud Climber the little sister of Spitfire.”



There is one thing the irritates Nyx more than anything, and that is when ponies talk when they don’t know what they talking about. “Well, Rainbow dash was one the blow Spitfire away in a race. I am sure you read it in the Newspapers.”



Spitfire landed. “That is right Cloud Climber. You forget your safety Blanket. ”She pulled out an old worn Blanket and gave it to Cloud Climber. Cloud climber put it in her bags as quickly as she could.



Then Marmalade started to tease Cloud Climber. “You have a Safely Blanket, what are you five years old.”



Nyx look at Marmalade and said “stop that, I see nothing wrong with a safely Blanket or a night light or anything else that make you feel safe. Leaving home and everything you know is Scary. If a blanket makes her feel safe then all power to her.



Spitfire smile “talking from experience, what was it for you? A teddy bear?”



“No, when I was nightmare moon, it was a life size training dummy of my Mommy. But nothing now”



Spitfire Laughed “that is an image Nightmare Moon lying on her bed hugging a stuffed toy to feel safe.”



Nyx blushed “It wasn’t a Stuffed toy, it was a training dummy.”



“Ok Princess, I have to get back to the train before it leaves.” Then she flew back to the Train.



Babes smiled while acting all proper “princess Nyx of the night court.” then she laughed “I still can’t believe it.”



“Babes, laugh it up. You are going to be in Pinkie’s cabin. Good luck.”



“Apple Bloom said the same thing. Should I be worried?”



“You’ll see.”



Then Nyx heard a voice she didn’t think she would hear until she was back in Everfree.



“Yes, you are right it is that freak nightmare moon.” Silver Spoon said.



“Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon you’re in Pinkie’s cabin” Nyx deadpanned



Then Nyx put Orange Marmalade’s bags in her cart.



“Only one Pony left, her name is Starsong.”



“Are you Nyx? That Pink bouncing Pony said I should find her.” asked a young Pegasus.



“Yes I am Nyx. Are you Starsong?”



“Yes” said the young Pegasus



Nyx put the Starsong’s Bags on the cart and she hitched herself up and was about to pull it into camp Then Pinkie bounced over to Nyx.



“You’ll have one more pony in your care. This is Lily; she wasn’t put on the List. So I will give her to you.” Then she Bounce off.



“Hello Lily, put your bags in the cart and you follow us to the cabin.”



Nyx and Sweetie Belle’s camper share a cabin. It has two floors and Nyx’s campers had the second floor. When they got there Nyx help her Campers with their bags and told them they have free time until Dinner.



Nyx walked back to the Office and sat until her friend came back then they walked the camp. Making sure every pony was doing what they should.



That night all the ponies gathered around the fire pit. Rainbow Dash flew down and said “I want to welcome you to Camp Trotting Meadows. And what is camp without scary stories.”



Some pony yelled “tell us a scary story about Nightmare moon.”



Rainbow look over at Nyx and said “you know what I faced Nightmare moon twice in her adult form, she isn’t that scary.” Rainbow pointed at Nyx. “Nightmare Moon is as scary as that Filly.”



Nyx stood with her wings spread and said “boo”



“We will tell a story about Nightmare Moon but not tonight.”



Then Rainbow Dash did her best telling of the Headless Horse. She got screens and gasps. She was on fire that night.



After all the Campers were in their cabins and asleep. the staff was in the mess hall talking over the day. Then Starsong walked in “Nyx, a lot of the Fillies had bad dreams and are crying.”



Nyx looked at her two Friends and they ran off to the young Filly Cabin. Sunset Punch asked “aren’t we going to help them.”



Pinkie drank some Cocoa and said “no need to.”



Then she looked at Rainbow dash.



Rainbow Dash said “they can handle it. You don’t know what those three can do.”



The three young Counselors got all the fillies calm down. Then Nyx told then “no Headless Horse is going to hurt you while I am here.” Then she showed them her cutie mark. “This cutie mark tells you that my special talent is protecting other ponies. While I am here you can sleep peaceful.”



Her speech made many of the ponies feel safer. But Marmalade said “but you are only a filly like us.”



Apple bloom said “no she isn’t. Do you want to hear a Story about Nyx?”



Apple Bloom had them sit around her and she started telling the story how Nyx saved Ponyville and earned her Cutie Mark.



Unknown to the ponies in the cabin Sunset Punch and the rest of the staff was listening in on the story.



Luna couldn’t help herself and she came to the camp to see how things were going you can’t imagine her surprise to see her staff standing outside a half open door to a cabin. She walked over to the door to hear the last of the story. How Nyx came back with deep cuts and told Luna and Celestia “I can be bruised, battered and beaten but, as long as there is still breath in my lungs, I will continue to protect ponies. I will protect them because what can kill them, I can survive. Because what hurts them is but a scratch for me… because it’s the one thing I’ve been able to do right.”



Luna Said to Pinkie and Rainbow. “That brings back memories.”



Inside Apple Bloom said “that is why you have nothing to worry about while Nyx is here.”



Marmalade said “there is no way Nyx is nightmare moon and anyways Nightmare Moon is a monster. She wouldn’t save anyone.”



At that Luna walked in “do you think I am a monster?”



Marmalade didn’t know what to say.



“I was the first Nightmare moon, so does that make me a monster?”



Marmalade couldn’t look Luna in the eyes.



“Nyx was once Nightmare Moon just like me, but she was a better Nightmare moon than I was.”



Nyx looked at Luna “what are you doing here?”



Luna looked sheepish “I wanted to check up on things. This is the first year I haven’t been here and I miss it.” Then she look at the clock “it looks like I have to go back.” She looks at Nyx “Nyx how about you take over night court and I stay here.”



“Luna, we both know that wouldn’t work. And I wouldn’t do it even if it would work.” Nyx smile “alright time for bed. Tell Luna good night.”



All the fillies said “goodnight Luna.”



And the young counselors and Luna left the cabin.



When they got out of the cabin Nyx yawned “Luna, it is getting late and I have work tomorrow to do. So I will call it a night.” Then Nyx flicked her tail as she turned and walked back to her room with her head up.



Luna stood there laughing to herself. “I better get back to night court.” Luna opened a portal and walk through.



She was in the throne room. She looked around and decided she was going to get a snack before she resumed Night court. She left the Throne room and walked down the hall. She saw Celestia coming out of her room.



“Celestia, out for a bedtime snack?”



“You can say that.”



“Then I will join you and you’ll tell what just happen.”



Luna told how she went to the camp and all that happen.



“Then she turned and flicked her tail and walk off like a proud little Princess.”



Celestia laugh at the story “it serves you right, you tried to get her to do your job.”



“Maybe I did or maybe I didn’t deserve it. The thing is soon she will be a ruler. And I am afraid that because of the whole nightmare moon thing the ponies will fear her.”



“I heard you only give Nyx three Campers. Why was that?”



“It is a test I wanted to give her.”



Celestia raised an eyebrow “is that so.”



“Yes” then Luna Smiled. “Shooting Star told me about a cake called Heavenly Cloud cake.”



Celestia looked scared, “what did he told you about it?”


“He said it was so good that you forbid it from ever being made again.”



Celestia break down into tears “I couldn’t stop eating it, four, five cake and I didn’t stop. I had to forbid it. If I didn’t I wouldn’t fit through doorways.”



Luna was rolling on the ground laughing. The mental image of her sister being stuck in a double wide doorway was too much.



“Luna, stop laughing at my pain.” Celestia walked back to her room.



An evil grin formed on Luna’s face and lit her horn. “Let’s see what happens now.”



Luna walked back to Celestia room to hear muffled crying from inside. Luna pushed the door open to see Celestia crying as she stuffed her face with cake. “You are evil Luna.”



Luna laughed and went to start Night Court.