• Published 18th Dec 2013
  • 677 Views, 0 Comments

Thunder and Rain: Raining Changelings - Ferntail12



Thunderlane mistakenly clears some shade. He gets chewed out again. Then, Changelings attack. A new Element of Harmony is revealed. Thunderlane's punishment? Trivial, in comparison with the fate of Equestria.

  • ...
 0
 677

Chapter 4: Fire Rising

It was true. There was a golden necklace with Spitfire’s cutie mark on it around the mare’s neck. Spitfire’s and Dash’s mouths fell open simultaneously.

“That is SO AWESOME!” cried Dash, breaking everypony out of their trances. “Now you really are my equal Spits!”

“Hehe, guess I am,” said Spitfire with a slight tinge of pink on her cheeks. “I still don’t get it though. Why? How? Twilight, do you have any answers? I’m confused.”

“I really don’t know. When we get back to Ponyville I’m going to check my book. I thought there were only supposed to be six elements, not seven? Honestly, Spitfire, I’m as confused as you are,” replied Twilight. “Let’s get back home. Us unicorns and earth ponies will ride in my balloon. You guys can fly.”

“I’m with you,” Dash and Spitfire replied. They collected Applejack, Pinkie, Fluttershy, Rarity, and ‘Fire’s former team, and flew/floated out of Canterlot after receiving various praises from the city’s population, including the Royal Princesses themselves. The Wonderbolts peeled off about 10 miles off to go back to their base, waved a fond farewell by their former captain.

When the group reached Ponyville, they dropped Pinkie, AJ, ‘Shy, and Rarity off at their houses/workplaces, and Twilight, Dash, and Spitfire headed for the library. At Twilight’s order, Spike dug out the musty brown “Elements of Harmony~A Reference Guide” from the very top of one of the shelves, falling off the ladder in the process, and Twilight opened it with her magic.

“Elements, index… page 5...got it! Seventh Element… nope not here. Index… Loyalty… page… let’s see… 15… here. Element of Loyalty… picture, not helping… YES! Found it!”, called Twilight to Dash and Spitfire, who were, respectively, searching for a Daring Do book and a math textbook.

“You got it? Where?” asked Dash.

“Uh, right there, Dash?” responded Spitfire, suppressing a giggle.

The two ponies galloped over to where Twilight had the book suspended, and read:
‘Element of Loyalty, part two. The Element of Loyalty has two parts. Special qualities: much the same as part one, ponies have to be same gender and type, two parts will come together for use. Will be formed when a pony with the same gender/type as bearer of part one proves herself/himself.’

“I think I get it now. So I guess I proved myself, and became the second part of the Element of Loyalty. And I’m the same gender and type as Dash, so that makes sense. At least there’s something that makes sense about this whole thing,” said Spitfire.

“I wonder what happened to Thunderlane and Dewdrop,” whispered Dash to Spitfire. “I should check.”

“No need for that,” came Dewdrop’s voice. Startled, Dash whipped around and saw the cerulean blue mare standing in the doorway. “I’m already here. And by the way, I took care of Thunderlane. He won’t be bothering us for a while, unless he botches up his regular job too. He has media duty for six shifts and he can’t handle any cloud other than thunderheads for five months. You know he hates media duty.”

“Heh, that’s exactly what I was thinking,” replied Dash. “Good. Hmmm, funny, you’re telling me what you did to Thunderlane, while we were off saving Equestria. Well, technically I thought of it first.”

“No, I did,” said Dewdrop.

“No, I did.”

“No, I did.”

“No, you.”

“No, you.”

“Yes, me.”

“Wait, what?” asked Dewdrop with a confused look on her face.
Dash, Twilight, and Spitfire started cracking up.

“Old trick from Pinkie Pie,” laughed Dash. “Gotcha!”

Spitfire, Dash, and Dewdrop decided to stay at the library for the night, and the four hit the hay.

“Goodnight,” all of them said.

“Nice job saving Equestria, by the way,” Dewdrop said. But all of them had fallen asleep.