• Published 18th Dec 2013
  • 679 Views, 0 Comments

Thunder and Rain: Raining Changelings - Ferntail12



Thunderlane mistakenly clears some shade. He gets chewed out again. Then, Changelings attack. A new Element of Harmony is revealed. Thunderlane's punishment? Trivial, in comparison with the fate of Equestria.

  • ...
 0
 679

Chapter 1: What Happened Now?!

“Again, Thunderlane?! Seriously?” cried Dash as soon as she put down the phone. It had been peaceful for the last three years and now Thunderlane had to mess it up? AGAIN? >:(

“Ugh, okay I’m getting up. What the hay Dashie?” asked Spitfire.

“Sorry, Spits! My lieutenant is acting up again.” (Thanks a lot, Thunderlane.)

Dash had been planning a peaceful day. In the morning she was going to plot the next sequence for Sonic Dashfire, then just hang for the rest of the day. And now, thanks to Thunderlane, she had to deal with him.

“Hey Spits?” she called. “I need to go deal with Thunderlane. Can you take care of things here? Finish up my sequence for me would ya?”

“Sure Dashie. When’s our next show anyway?”

“Four days. I guess I’ll see you later.”

“Yeah. See you!”

Dash leapt out the window and one flap of her powerful cyan wings later, she was soaring east toward Celestia’s sun and Ponyville Weather Team Headquarters. Instinct and a well-flown route was guiding her, but her mind was full of thoughts. What did Thunderlane need now to make him learn? She couldn’t be too harsh, he was the most senior lightning wrangler they had. His career had begun a few weeks after Dewdrop’s and Dash’s. He was also Dash’s senior by six years. But she had let him know who was boss very… promptly. She knew the harsh fact, some ponies thought she was too young for her job. That hadn’t fazed her, though, and she was sure as hay not going to let it faze her now.

The downdraft of another pegasus’ wings jolted her out of her thoughts.

‘Ugh! What in the name of Celestia?!’ she thought. Dash tipped her head back and saw Cloud Kicker flying above her.

“Dash! Morning, ma’am!”, said Cloud Kicker with a jump and a salute.

“At ease, CK,” said Dash, “We’re equals right here, right now. NOT for the rest of the time, though. Just until this problem with Thunderlane is solved.”

“Problem with Thunderlane? Oh, what did that featherbrain do now?”

“Ruin Dewdrop’s shade, maybe?”

“Oh, no. Gotta get there! See you later, Dash!”

“Uh, bye?”

CK shot off toward HQ like a bullet. Dash followed in her wake, executed a perfect landing on the east runway and trotted into the building.

”Long walk ahead for me,” she mumbled to herself.
She knew that Thunderlane’s office was pretty far in. Resigning her mind to it, she trotted off.

Five minutes later

Finally, Thunderlane’s office door loomed up in front of her.

“Deep breath”, she said.
Dash straightened her posture, set her jaw, and opened the door. Suddenly, her ears were nearly blasted off by an onslaught of shouting between two ponies whose voices were worryingly familiar…