• Published 15th Dec 2013
  • 713 Views, 12 Comments

Should Be... - Fat1thatyoulove



The sequel to the Could Be series, part 57. Follow our main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the consequences of his influences on Equestria; and how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
4
 12
 713

Chapter 1

Could be a chance at love

Chapter 1 – Up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane...

The early spring fields that have aggressively taken over the new snow-less fields that surrounded the area outside of Ponyville loft their sweet scent throughout the country side with every light breeze or simple stir. You take a deep breath as you continue to lightly flap the two long majestic pegasus wings, the bright red cape dances in the air behind you as the symbol of a yellow and orange G that’s stitched into it flutters in the wind.

Your hooves are sprawled out in front of you as far as you can stretch for maximum speed as you just squint your eyes through the eye holes in your bright orange and yellow mask.

The town's streets below you begin to ring out as ponies point their hooves to the sky all in unisent, "Is that! Is that! It is!!"

Your deeply masculine voice rolls out from you as your perfectly curl tipped mane turns down to them, "Yes it is true, it is me. Wonder Guy!" The name may not be the best fit for you, but at least your secret identity has remained hidden.

With in a moment your bullet like speed, perfect mane and dashing good smile has brought you in front of the library as you quickly set yourself to the ground.

Not a moment after your hooves kick up a little loose topsoil you're rushed by a yellow mare with bright orange mane, her hoof quickly extends some kind of tape recorder towards you as she speaks up, "Wonder Guy, Wonder Guy! Do you have any comments about your newest victory?!?"

A manly man's chuckle rolls from you as the signature smile comes to your face, "Of course not, with great power comes great responsibility! And I Wonder Guy believe that with a healthy breakfast of pancakes and orange juice everypony can help save Equestria from the evil Do-Nothing."

"It's about time you got back."

The seductive and sweet voice turns your head from the reporter mare as you look over the lavender mare that has appeared from nowhere. Your tone slightly shifts from it's confidence but you maintain in your posture as you puff your chest out, "Hello Twilight Sparkle."

As the mare continues to trot closer the outside world slowly changes to a pink and red blur with only the sweet scene of scented candles that would even make wild flowers have a run for their money. The only other thing in the room that has any importance besides from the smell that runs to your nostrils is a large rose red heart shaped bed that sits just next to you on your right side.

However, you continue to just stare to the mare in front of you as you look over the change that has seamlessly come to her. Her three tone purple mane has shifted to one side in a never before seen curl that hits all of the highlights in just the right way, and for some reason she has on light purple and pink knee high fluffy socks. That clung to her body.

A seductive voice comes from the mare as your wings stay pointing to the room's ceiling, "My hero...I bet I know your Kryptonite."

- - -

The light sun of the spring morning slowly starts to roll into the library room as Twilight's eyes start to open up. However, her fast awakening is not from the fresh day's spring filled smells; instead it’s from the stallion that sleeps next to her.

Twilight slowly turns an eye to you as she gives a little giggle, "Um...Good morning to you to?"

The words break the dream's hold over you as your ear flicks, but you don't let the idea end as you slightly tighten your hold around the mare you lay up against, "Mhmm."

Your eyes slowly start to crack open as you look over the mass of purple mane in front of your gaze. Spring time is definitely the best time to wake up, sure your mouth is a little dry when you wake up but the weather is just right not cold and not to warm yet... Although, the mixture of smells that lay in the season do have a strange affect on your dreams.

You slowly start to close your eyes again as you give a little yawn, your sounds bring a yawn from the lavender mare as she rest her head to the pillow.

However, before you both can even take a sigh of relaxation a sound flings both of your eyes open. The magical pop of magic that just chimed from the other side of the room runs a burning fear to your stomach and head as you quickly jet yourself up, oh please don't tell me he teleported!

Your quick spring up doesn't last long as you stare to that darker cream coated diaper wearing colt, truthfully over the last few days he hasn't needed a diaper but you and Twilight don't really want to take a chance. Your thoughts slow a little as you just watch the colt trying to balance himself to the moving bed as he trots himself up to where you and Twilight poke up from the covers.

The sight of the colt turns your body limp as you just flop back to the bed with a sigh of relief.

Twilight moves her hooves forward as she grabs to the little colt with a faint giggle that slightly hides her truly intended tone, "Aerolight, you need to not do magic without mommy or daddy watching."

The little colt rings out a little baby like laugh as his voice comes up, "no."

Twilight raises her eyebrow to the comment as she speaks up again in the cheerful tone, "No?"

Aerolight holds a smile as he shakes his head, "no."

A faint chuckle runs up from you as you shift your head to the colt. It's been about two months since you and Twilight found out about Aerolight’s magic, and since then he's really started to smarten up; the white around his pink eyes have even started to grow a little wider.

However, before you can speak up Twilight's voice rings out, "So is somepony ready to start his day?"

The slightly longer sentence blinks the colt's eyes as he just stares to the lavender mare, but he gives a little nod as he wiggles his hooves, "Pan-cakes!"

A little giggle rolls from Twilight as she starts to ease herself from the bed.

"Chalk-o-wit cakes!" Aerolight again wiggles his hooves as Twilight nods, "Maybe a little."

"Yay!"

Twilight's hooves come to the colt, but before she scoops him up an encouraging little tone rings out, "Dose somepony want to be a big colt and trot down the stairs today?"

Aerolight blinks to the comment as he wiggles his hooves to Twilight, "n~no."

You watch the mare for a moment as she trots from the room, as she moves into the hall you slowly start to stand up from the bed. However you only get to the side of the bed before you have to stop, the slight stiffness in your right front leg takes a moment to work out before you can stand.

A faint sigh rolls from you as you turn back to the bed and spark your magic up to make it. You look over the purple glow to the sheets, covers and pillows as you think, note to self, be glad I no longer have to bend to pick things up.

End of chapter 1