• Published 24th Dec 2013
  • 671 Views, 4 Comments

The Life OF Prince Dan. - XxShawn UndtaleXx



"My life seems so meaningless without my Sunshine. It was my weakness that got her killed; my mistakes are why I mourn alone. Not even the Elements could comfort me as I buried the only pony I ever loved."

  • ...
3
 4
 671

The pony.

As he ran, the tears continued to flow down his face. He could hear the fluttering of fast moving wings behind him. He turned his head to see a blur of blue shooting towards him. "Leave. Me. ALONE!" He yelled in Rainbow Dash's direction. WHen she didn't alter her path, he began to build up mmagic within his horn.

Once it reached the top, he teleported. The flash and pop startled RD, and she came to a toppling stop in the middle of the road, rubbing her eyes that had been blinded by the burst of light. She looked around her to make sure, even though she knew that he wouldn't be so stupid as to teleport a mere few feet away.

Shrugging her turned around and zipped back over in the direction of her friends. Further away from Canterlot, a fritz sounded, and with a loud bang, Dan's figure appeared once again in the field filled with flowers. He looked over to his left where the grave was located. He scrambled up to it, nearly loosing his balance from time to time. Upon finally reaching it, he collapsed next to the patch that now lacked grass.

He continued to sob as he laid next to where his friend was buried. He wished so much that he could see her face again. Living, not cold and lifeless with no love left in it. He wished that he could have protected her, and she would still be at his side. Not underneath a layer of heavy soil. "I'm so sorry, SunShine..." His horn began to flicker in an unusual pattern. Glitching in and out, he did not seem to be aware of the fact that his horn was behaving on its own.

Perhaps it was a subconcsious trigger. He could only hope that he would not shift back into the "other" pony. His longing transferred to the magic darting around his horn. In a flash, the magic jolted over next to him and manifested itself into a teleportation spell. The grass on the left side of him was flattened even more as he appeared to summon another to his side. Pinkie's cross-eyed expression clearly hinted that she was not used to such method of transportation. A tiny bit of smoke rose from the tip of her mane.

Her muscles all felt locked as she attempted to regain her balance. After she slowly began to regain her senses, she realized where she was. Further yet, she saw who she was standing next to. Dan's head slowly turned around, eyes still watery with tears. For a moment, he didn't see Pinkie, but rather he saw SunShine standing next to him. Her confident, gleaming eyes smiling back at him. With an outburst of sorrow, his heart nearly felt like it was tearing in two. The sight of her hammered into his mind that he had been unable to save her, therefore it had been his fault.

He threw himself towards the figure, wrapping his front legs around her neck. He clung tight, squeezing his eyes shut and forcing all of his tears out. Slight relief flooded over him as he felt the familiarity of hugging his friend. It was enough to calm his sorrow for a slight bit. "SunShine", he whimpered softly. "Please don't be mad at me. I didn't mean to... I didn't want to do that. I really wish you didn't have to see melike this.."

He continued to sob into her coat. Pinkie merely stood still, managing to hold back her enormous energy level back. She contemplated saying something, but decided that the needs of this mourning pony were more important than correcting him right now. Rather instead, she lifted a hoof and placed it on his shoulder, gently giving him a quick nuzzle. Dan continued to cling to her, nuzzling and hugging her.

For the moment, he truly believed his friend was back. From some magical force, he did not know. But he wanted this moment to last forever. Somewhere, in the back of his mind, he knew that somehow this wasn't real. However, he refused to believe it and basked in the emotional light that was held over him. Finally after he had no more tears to shed, he sniffled, blinking his eyes open.

At first, the brightness of Celestia's sun threw off the focus of his eyes. His head slowly peered upwards, catching the silhouette of a female pony standing before him. For a moment, he thought that it was SunShine that had returned to life. A smile began to form on his lips, however as his vision finally began to adjust to the bright sunlight, the true identity of the pony was revealed. Her raspberry mane brushed against his cheek as he stared blankly.

He looked at her and then lets go of her neck and then looked down sadly as he whimpers some "Sorry I thought you was SunShine....i didn't mean to hug you" He said as he backed up and sat on the ground and looked at her. She looked at him and then shakes her head as her Mane move in the wind and she kissed his cheek and nuzzles him "Its ok, I don't mind hugs" She smiled and sat next to him "So this is where you buried her, its nice and beautiful" She looked at the flowers.

He looked at her and then stands up and moves away "Your...just like her....i'm sorry i can't be around you right now pinkie" He said as he walked away and then stops and looks at the flowers and whimpers and begins to cry again and then picks it and chews it "Sorry....i was weak......i didn't want to lose you....i wish i could go back and save you" He whimpers and cries.

Comments ( 3 )

3675384 no it's just self inserts are not positively looked on

Login or register to comment