• Published 11th Dec 2013
  • 1,272 Views, 19 Comments

His New Story - type13



A tale of a resting Guardian summoned to the world of Equestria not knowing why he was summoned or who summoned him.

  • ...
2
 19
 1,272

Page 3: Say Hello

Inside the oddly shaped Tree house that was meant to be the Town Library; Auron, Derpy and Lyra sat comfortably on a wooden chair given to them by Spike. As soon as they entered the tree house, Spike told them that Twilight; together with her friends went to Canterlot to report to the other Princesses about what has transpired here in Ponyville. They also went there to help their new Guest; VECTOR, who from Spike’s description, was also a human much like Auron.


Spike then proceeded to give them chairs and offered to write a letter and send it to Twilight to inform them that another ‘Human’ appeared and is in need of help.


“So, let me get this straight. You just woke up at Ghastly Gorge, killed a Quarry Eel by yourself and saved Derpy from hurting herself?” asked Spike as he spoke from inside the Kitchen and the sounds of clanking of utensils could be heard.

“Yes” replied Auron as he stood from his seat and started to look at some books.

“Wow! You’re so strong Mister Auron!” said Derpy with awe and amazement in every word.

“You can drop the formalities Derpy, just Auron will suffice” replied Auron with a dry chuckle as he took out one book from a shelf and flipped it open.

“So! Are all humans these strong?” asked Lyra as she somehow magically summons a quill and parchment and started to write some notes.

“With proper training and Discipline, maybe in a couple of years” replied Auron plainly as he returned to his seat and tried to read the book at hand. But alas, he may understand the things that come out of their mouths but, he cannot read ‘Pony’ writings, thus closing the book.

After a good while, Spike came out of the kitchen with some muffins on a plate, a teapot and teacups.


“You guys must be hungry, here” said Spike as he passed the Muffins and Teacups to which everypony and Auron proceeded to take and thank him in return, he then added. “So, about that letter…”

“Yes, I would like the aid of your ‘Princesses’ as well, knowing that I am not the only Human alienated from their world. I wish for assistance in getting back per se” Auron replied as he took a bite on his muffin.

“What did’ja mean by per se?” replied Lyra with a raised eyebrow to which Auron sighed.

“Let’s just say that I need the help of your Princesses with something Complex, not just returning back to my world.” replied Auron.

“What do you mea----“as Spike was about to ask what Auron meant about his request a sudden knock on the door interrupted him.



Knock! Knock!



“Hang on a sec. I wonder who it could be though, not expecting any more guests” said Spike to no one in particular as he walked to the door.

And as Spike opened the door, he was greeted by a small pale purple coated unicorn filly with a blonde mane and a curious look on her face.

“Hi Spike, is mommy here? Miss Bon-bon told me that she’d be here together with Miss Lyra” asked the little filly.

“Oh! Hey Dinky! Yup! Your Mom’s over there” replied Spike as he moved to the side so that Dinky could see her Mom devouring her muffin together with Lyra and a particular creature that made Dinky feel uncomfortable.

“Wh-who’s that?” asked Dinky in a whisper, pointing her hoof at Auron.

“That? Oh! You mean Auron? Welp, he’s a human, much like the one that appeared when the Mountain Trolls attacked. And this one saved your mom from getting hurt earlier” replied Spike, he then gestured Dinky to come in.


Upon finishing her Muffin, Derpy noticed her daughter hiding behind Spike and waved at her to come closer.


“Come here my little Muffin! Don’t be afraid of Auron, he’s a good pony!” said Derpy as she waved at her Daughter to come closer, to which Dinky complied and approached her Mother and gave her warm hug.

“Might I ask, who is this little one?” asked Auron as he noticed Dinky become uneasy once he spoke.

“He can talk?!” said Dinky with a shocked expression.

“Now Muffin, Don’t be rude” shushed Derpy.

“No worries, I would have said the same thing if the situation would be reversed” replied Auron with a light chuckle.

“So! What Brings you here, muffin!” asked Derpy to Dinky, to which Dinky just face hoofed.

“Mooooooom~ it’s late! Sparkler and the Doctor are waiting for you to come home! It’s almost time for Dinner! We’re having some pears and ----“

“PEARS?! Didn’t he hate Pears?!” shouted Derpy suddenly.

“Well, Sparkler wanted to prank the Doctor for arriving late that last time and ----“

“Alright, alright. You guys go on ahead; I need to close up anyhow. Do you have any place to stay for the night, Auron? You can stay here for the night you want, on the account that Twilight won’t be back for a few days” asked Spike as he started to clean up.

Auron pondered for a moment but, ultimately decided to accept Spikes offer, but a mint green Unicorn had something to say on the matter.

“How ‘bout you stay at our place for the night?” offered Lyra as she trotted next to Auron.

“No” replied Auron as he approached Spike and offered to help clean up, but Spike declined with a sheepish grin and told Auron that he was a guest and he should just make himself comfortable.

“Well, it has been great meeting you, Auron. But we gotta go now” said Derpy as she picked up her saddlebag and made her way to the door with Dinky, but stopped mid-way when she noticed something and suddenly jumped.

“I FORGOT TO DELIVER ZECORA’s MAIL!” shouted Derpy as she paced in a circle in mid-air.

“But it’s already late, Mommy. Can’t you delivery it tomorrow?” replied Dinky with a sad expression.

“I can’t Muffin, This may be a very important letter to Zecora, my honor as a mail pony demands that I deliver this mail” replied Derpy with fortitude.

“But the Everfree Forest is already dangerous in the morning, let alone at night!” replied Lyra as she trotted next to the worrying family.

“I’ll come along” replied Auron as he approached the Trio.

“But Lyra’s right, The Everfree Forest is even MORE dangerous at night!” warned Spike as he shivered in the mere thought of going to the Everfree forest.

“It was my fault that Derpy was not able to deliver her mail. And besides, I’ve had my fair share of dangerous escorting Quests. I am a ‘Guardian’ after all” replied Auron with a small grin.

“If you say so, you did take out a Quarry Eel all by yourself” said Spike with a shrug followed by a yawn. “Just don’t be out TOO late, I need to get my beauty sleep, alright?” he added.

“He has a reason to stay at my place now!” said Lyra with glee as she bounced up and down, to which made Auron sigh in defeat.

“Umm, Mr. Auron, sir? You can stay at our place after you escort mommy with her mail, it’s the least we could do for helping her out. Again.” suggested Dinky as she tugged on Auron’s pants.

“That would be wonderful” replied Auron with a warm smile; somehow, Dinky reminded Auron of Yuna when she was little. Her gentle and shy personality mirrored the daughter of one of her Best Friend.

“But! Oh pony feathers! But I’ll be coming along!” grunted Lyra with a pout.

“No, you shall escort Dinky back to their house and inform her family of the situation, are we clear?” commanded Auron with a cold glare to Lyra.

“Bu-but!”

“Are you suggesting to leave a little filly on her own as she treads the dark and empty streets alone at night?!” replied Auron with a stern glaire.

“N-no! of course not!*sigh*... C’mon Dinky, let’s get you home.” answered Lyra with a defeated expression.


And as the Trio left the Tree house and went their separate ways. Two shadows lingered not too far from the Pegasus and Human, planning to take the former out and sending the latter to their Queen once they reach the Everfree Forest. Not knowing who they’re messing with a Legendary Guardian that helped saved an entire world from total destruction.

Author's Note:

Sorry for posting this late :fluttershbad: I got sidetracked! :fluttershbad:
Enjoy the chapter though :fluttershysad: