• Published 8th Dec 2013
  • 2,206 Views, 73 Comments

MLPU: The Incredible Flutterage - TheInvincibleIronBrony



Fluttershy becomes the angriest hero Equestria has ever seen

  • ...
8
 73
 2,206

More Than a Flesh Wound

Fluttershy shot up in bed, eyes wide and a cold sweat drenching her coat and clothes, a tank top and pajama shorts. This had been a regular occurrence ever since her mistake eleven years ago. The nightmares got worse every time she lost control, more faces added to her restless dreams. She hated thinking about it, but it was impossible to forget.

Knowing she wouldn't be getting back to sleep any time soon, Fluttershy got out of bed and walked to the sink in the bathroom. She lived in a small apartment, the bathroom being the only other room. A television sat in one corner across from the bed, a worn out chair in front of it. On the far side of the room from where she was stood a sturdy table and a chalk board covered in complex equations. The table was strewn with research papers, books Fluttershy had collected to help in her research and a picture of a stallion. The last noticeable feature was a small closet in the corner of the room.

Fluttershy washed the sweat from her face and plodded sullenly back into the main room. Might as well get ready for the day, she thought to herself, approaching the closet. There wasn't much inside. The only clothing Fluttershy owned was an orange jump suit that she used for work, a pair of stretchy pants and a few stretchy tank tops.

She was employed at a plant that bottled household cleaning supplies. She was able to use her job there to get her hands on several chemicals she needed for her experiments. She felt bad stealing from the Diamond Dogs she worked for. They had been kinder to her than most ponies had been back in Equestria. Unfortunately she needed a cure for the monster inside herself. Not that there had been any success.

Fluttershy pulled the uniform off of the hangar and started putting it on. It was an awkward fit because it was made for a Diamond Dog. Her employers had never expected to have a pony working for them.

Fluttershy zipped up the front of the uniform, fitting her wings through the slits she'd cut in the back and walked to the door. Before she left she turned to look at the picture on her desk. So many mistakes, she thought as she left the room.

////////////////////////

"So... umm... Mr. Strap, how can I help you?" Fluttershy asked hesitantly, keeping her eyes on the file to avoid staring at the stallion sitting across her desk. The two had met in Fluttershy's office in the labs she'd been working in the last several months. Fluttershy was intimidated by the stallion who seemed to have an almost militaristic build that was mostly hidden by the boring gray suit he wore.

The stallion smiled warmly as his eyes glance around the room at the posters on the walls. "I've been keeping an eye on your research and I really believe in your cause," he began, earning Fluttershy's interest. "I've had several ideas that could help out," Boot Strap explained, reaching into the bag under his chair and retrieving a thick manila folder..

"Oh... umm.. like what?" Fluttershy asked, barely above a whisper, curious as to what the stallion had to offer her research.

Boot smirked. "What do you know about Gamma Radiation doctor?" he asked, earning a quizzical look from the yellow pegasus as he set the folder on her desk and opened it to the first page.

////////////////////////

"Fluttershy! Fluttershy!" a voice barked at Fluttershy from the catwalks above her conveyor belt. She had been watching the chemicals mix, making sure each bottle got the correct amount of what it needed.

Fluttershy looked up to see her boss, Mr. Hunter beckoning with a paw for him to join her. As she left her station another Diamond Dog quickly filled her seat.

"What's wrong?" Fluttershy asked, speaking louder than usual to be heard over the heavy machinery.

Mr. Hunter started walking towards the other end of the factory. "One of the chemical spouts stopped working. We can't figure out how to fix it," he explained showing Fluttershy to another conveyor belt. A large vat of chemicals hung over it, ready to squirt a cleaning agent into the bottles on the belt. A group of workers had gathered around the dysfunctional apparatus, their productivity halted.

Fluttershy inspected the machine, looking up the spout to check for a clog. She had become very handy with machines, having made and remade several pieces if her own equipment in her time avoiding the General.

"I think the valve is stuck," she informed her boss. "Does anyone have a wrench?" she asked out loud. One of the dog's nearby held up the required tool and joined her at the front of the group. "Okay, loosen the bolt holding the valve in," she instructed, pointing to the correct bolt.

The dog nodded, climbing onto the conveyor belt and placing the wrench on the bolt, tugging as hard as he could to turn it only for the stubborn bolt to resist his efforts. "Let me help," Fluttershy offered, joining the dog and pushing the wrench with her hands. After a few seconds of struggling the bolt popped loose, spinning with the wrench attached. The tool slammed into Fluttershy's nose, knocking her off of the conveyor belt and onto the floor with a hollow thud.

Mr. Hunter was holding her up, Fluttershy's head swimming as the shouting around was distorted by the blow to the head. As she regained her senses she felt a tissue being pressed against her nose. She looked up into the eyes of the dog who helped her fix the machine.

"You okay?" he asked with concern.

"I'm fine," Fluttershy replied taking hold of the tissue. "Does the spout work?" she asked.

Mr. Hunter nodded to one of the other workers who activated the machine again. Chemicals began pouring out in intervals, filling the bottles as they passed below. The gathered crowd cheered at the accomplishment, Mr. Hunter smiling at Fluttershy.

"You should clock out and get that bump looked at. I don't want you getting hurt anymore today," he told the mare, helping her up off of the floor.

"Oh no, I couldn't. It's not fair to anyone who has to stay," she argued.

"I'm not asking. Go get yourself checked out. Come back tomorrow if you're up to it," the dog ordered leading her to the door.

Fluttershy relented, tossing the bloody tissue in a garbage bin as they went.

/////////////////////

The factories janitor looked at the mess he had to clean. "Don't those dogs know how to clean up after themselves," he muttered, angrily as he started collecting the trash from the bins. He tossed the bags into a cart and then wheeled them out to the dumpster outside. After opening the lid of the dumpster he began tossing the bags in, unaware of the blood stained tissue smooshed against the side of one bag.

/////////////////////

Early the next morning, the trash truck arrived at the factory. It backed up and picked up the dumpster with the large steel claws in the back dumping the contents into the compactor.

Once it was finished, the full truck returned to the local dump and unloaded its contents into a field of filth.

///////////////////////

A raven flew over the landfill it typically acquired its food from and began searching for a proper meal. It had scoured a good portion of the dump before it picked up a familiar scent. The raven smelled blood.

The carrion bird began searching out the scent, finding only a blood stained tissue. It pecked at the tissue, trying to find a carcass beneath only to be dissapointed. The raven flew to another area in search of its meal.

Several other birds stumbled across the bloody tissue as well, each one searching for a decaying meal that wasn't there, each one leaving only for another bird to be fooled by the same bloody tissue.

Not one of them aware they had ingested fatal amounts of gamma poisoning.

Author's Note:

And back again. Forgot to get you guys a Christmas gift sooooooo... I won't. Not worth the money. Haha.

crickets chirp.

One day I'm gonna get a laugh from someone here. Moving on. I started playing the My little Pony Collectors Card Game (mlpccg for short) and its pretty fun I recommend it. Thus game also introduced a few characters I plan to use in my stories. One example being Solar Wind, who will be Star Lord in Guardians of the Galaxy crossover further down the line.

As always Stay Tuned.