• Published 1st Dec 2013
  • 710 Views, 4 Comments

Royal Little Bits - EtherealManes



Cute SHORT collection of stories about the royals of mlp

  • ...
1
 4
 710

Loony

Loony

Most of them were sleeping- Celestia, the castle staff, the kingdom. But not Luna, she was wide awake in her room.

Awake and alone.

Luna...

Shutting her eyes didn’t work. But she shut them so tightly she saw swimming colors in the darkness.

Do you really think they like you?

Pillows didn’t work. But she pressed her ears to them regardless.

Why bother any more Luna? They all hate you.

Hiding under her covers didn’t work. But she pulled the thick blanket over her head in a securing cocoon anyway.

You slow Celestia down. She’d rather have her own friends than have you always tagging along.

Humming barely worked. She hummed her least favorite song from the Everfree Orchestra’s winter performance. That way she would only sully a boring song with the memories of her chilling night.

Listen to me, Luna! You are nothing!

Rocking sort of worked. She rolled herself in her bed, slight movements just to give her body motion, like rolling waves on a fair day she moved and the voice drifted away, if only a little.

One day you’ll be mine Luna… One day you’ll slip and I’ll snatch you up...

“No.” She knew she couldn’t answer it. Maybe, she was saying it more for herself?

Celly will leave you and I’ll gobble you up…

“No.” She hummed louder to herself the dreadful song, gripping more firmly the pillow pressed against her head.

Mommy and Daddy have already gone. Who else will be there to love you?

“Leave me alone.”

I’ll be here. When they’ve all gone. I’ll be there to keep you safe through the night.

“Stop.”

Join me.

“You’re not real.”

Let me save you…

“You’re not real.”

Let me help you…

“You’re not real!”

Let me love you…

“You. Are. Not. Real.”

Then why can you hear me so clearly?

Tears managed to slip passed the tense shut of her eyelids. Luna chocked a sob. The voice replied. It was always worse when the voice didn’t just talk at her, but to her.

The thundering clouds of last Thursdays rainstorm, the splashing slaps of the waves crashing on the wall of the cliffs from their nature trip two weeks ago, Celestia finally yelling at Discord this morning for the same annoying prank he’d been pulling on her for a week, Luna tried to dwell on the loudest things she could think of, but nothing could help the moon child drown out the voice.

Why was it so real? Soothing and calm one moment, telling her she could do great things if she tried enough. Jealous and bitter when the older children said she was too small to join in their games.

Angry and snipping when Luna refused to accept the offers to join it.

I’ll always be here, Lulu.

She cowered in her tight ball of feeble protection, refusing to open a hole in her huddle of sheets despite the cumulating humidity that was beginning to stifle. Any movement other than swaying could give the fiend more power. Her shoulder’s shook as she tried to hold back the sound of her sniffles. Those sounds only ever seemed to egg the voice on.

One day Luna...

We'll be together...

I promise....

Maybe she wasn’t that alone.

Comments ( 1 )

Creeeeeeeeeeeepy as all get out.
O.o

Login or register to comment