• Published 30th Nov 2013
  • 770 Views, 14 Comments

The Dark Knight Christmas - Gleaming

  • ...
2
 14
 770

Prologue: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

''Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now.'' - Commissioner James Gordon

Those very words are the words that make Bruce question his own morality, even when he would never do the unthinkable of ending another life no matter if the person deserved death or is wishing death upon others. Bruce returned from a long night of capturing the Riddler and Penguin from robbing the Gotham Merchants Bank, to obtain some very priceless jewels that were on the market in a deal with Black Mask for protection from Batman. The very strong winds traveled into the very luminous cave filled with bats, the flying creatures of the night flew off of the cave walls due to the high frequency of sound from the Batwing flying in through the waterfall.

''You know, Master Bruce. After a long night of putting the criminals of Gotham behind bars, are you sure that you won't be settling in for the night?'' Alfred spoke in a very astonished voice, setting up the dinner plate for the night. The dinner plate sitting on the wooden dinner table, showcasing the delicious food that Alfred had prepared for tonight. The dinner consisted of beef, ham, stuffing, and steamed vegetables.

''Sorry, Alfred. After all of the events tonight that have occurred especially with the Joker on the loose, I still have to protect Gotham before the Joker spreads his laughing gas all around Gotham.'' Bruce looking across at the flowing waterfall from the Batcave, flying off into the night sky of Gotham City. Batman grabbed the Remote Claw from his utility belt, launching the claw as it attaches to a nearby gargoyle on a tall skyscraper decorated by Christmas decorations.

Using his detective vision from the skyscraper, Bruce pinpoints Joker's heat signature from his getaway vehicle along with his henchwoman Harley Quinn in tow escaping from the Gotham Merchants Bank. The rumbling sound of laughing gas containers start bouncing up and down on the back of the tow truck which Joker stole earlier.

The Joker must have gathered his supply of laughing gas, he must be planning to release all of the gas from the sewers to the Pioneers Bridge that connects Old Gotham to New Gotham. If I have a chance to stop him, I would need to use the explosive gel to destroy the laughing gas containers. Thinking to himself, Bruce grabbed the explosive gel from his yellow symmetrical utility belt which the gel contained explosive ingredients that can detonate when applied to a destructible surface. A few moments later, Joker rallied up his henchmen to scatter all of the laughing gas containers.

''Here's the plan dimwits, tonight on Christmas we'll be scattering all of these laughing gas containers all around Gotham so that the caped black nuisance does not interfere with our plans. If any of you let the bat destroy our laughing gas, I will have you gagged, tortured, and chained to an electric chair! Now, any questions?'' Joker was very confident that he would keep the citizens of Gotham laughing for years to come, but he was unaware that Batman was listening in on his whole plan.

One of Joker's henchmen raised up his hand, shivering from the harsh winter cold. ''How are we going to be able to beat the Bat, if we don't have any weapons?''

''Oh, I almost forgot. If any of you encounter the bat, I strapped detonation mines on your backs so if Batman tries to sneak up behind you the mine will automatically detonate on contact.'' The Clown Prince of Crime responded confidently, jumping around happily and clapping his hands cheerfully. ''So tonight, Gotham is mine. You guys can't exactly survive without me, since we all know that without a proper dynamic a team can not function. I highly doubt that you idiots could survive without me. Anywho, scatter the laughing gas!'' Joker and Harley jumped back into their tow truck, releasing the laughing gas containers in the underground sewer system of Gotham.

The gas containers start floating in the sewage of the Gotham City sewers, compressed with too much pressure from the huge architecture of the sewers tightening around them. Jumping off of the perched gargoyle, landing on the back of one of the henchmen, and breaking his back in half. Now that I've taken care of one of Joker's henchmen, time to head down to the sewers to stop the Joker's laughing gas containers from heading to the Gotham Central Water Plant.

Heading down to the sewers via the manhole that leads underground, Batman reached the whole set of gas containers that was going down the waterfall to the Gotham Central Water Paint unaware that if the containers are under too much pressure from the water in the plant, it will spread all of the laughing gas all around Gotham. Joker watched in awe from the sewer platform holding a pistol in his hand, looking down at Batman near the containers.

''Oh, hello there...Batman! I knew you was going to come eventually, so I'm about to make everyone in Gotham smile even if they don't want to. You know what they say, a smile a day keeps the reaper away!'' Joker held the pistol firmly in his hand, aiming the firearm directly at the container, and pulling the trigger with the bullet coming out of the gun with great velocity.

''No, Joker!'' The masked vigilante jumped from the sewage with great speed, the bullet piercing the laughing gas containers with a huge hole coming out, and a huge blast of force sending both Joker and Batman into the path of the laughing gas infestation.

Ponyville: Hours Later

With the Hearth's Warming Eve lights glistening above near Mayor Mare's office, all of the fillies having a break from school, the Mane 6 spending time with their family everyone except Twilight, and there is a reason why. Twilight was busy doing the same portal spell that Celestia taught her, and now she is ready to perform the spell again.