• Published 15th Nov 2011
  • 1,626 Views, 12 Comments

Uprising - throughthefire



Twilight has now been Celestia's pupil for ten years now. Learning the truth, can she get over it?

  • ...
4
 12
 1,626

Consultation

As I tumbled through the blackness of the void, thoughts aimlessly swirled through my head. For what seemed like an eternity, I couldn't focus in on one thing. But I did relalize that the void reflected what I felt inside: emptiness.

I just couldn't believe Luna's story. Celestia had been my mentor for so long, yet it all changed in an instant. In spite of this, I was in denial that any of this had ever happened. Even so, now that I know it, how can I forget it so quickly? After a long time of trying to think about this matter, I just gave up and let the darkness take hold of me. Slowly, I regained consiousness, when suddenly...

Wumph!

I fell onto a pile of hard, rectangular objects. As I tried to orient myself and figure out what was going on, I heard voices in the background.

“Um, do you think she's okay?” asked a timid voice. That was probably Fluttershy, one of my friends. At least she was here. If Celestia had laid one hoof on her, she would have it coming.

I heard another voice, “Probably, but I reckon that she won't feel too good after falling from that height.” From the farm girl accent, I immediately knew that Applejack was here, too. I breathed another sigh of releif

“Oooohhhh! Ooooohhh! Maybe she needs a welcome home party!” Now that was Pinkie Pie, probably the only pony in Equestria that suffers from ADHD.

“How could you say that? The poor darling is probably hurt! We should get her to help right away!” Rarity, the fashionista exlaimed.

“Got it! I take her anywhere in ten seconds flat!” And there was Rainbow Dash, the tomboyish speedster. Well, everypony was here, so I got up.

“Oh, so NOW you're awake!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed. “Do you know how long we spent on that block tower? Three. Whole. Weeks. We almost broke the record! But noooooooo, you had to show up and-” Rarity (thankfully) shut her mouth with magic.

“How can you ever be so rude?” Rarity complained. At least somepony was standing up for me.

“Yeah,” Applejack continued. “There must be something goin' on here. Where were you anyway, Twilight? You've been gone for two days now!”

“Oooohhh!” Pinkie Pie shouted over everyone, hopping in joy, “Two whole days? That requires a SUPER welcome party!”

“Um, Pinkie Pie?” Fluttershy said in barely a whisper.

“And we can have cake and balloons!” The party pony rambled on.

“Pinkie Pie?” Fluttershy tried to get her attention again, slightly louder this time.

“And EVERYpony can come!”

“PINKAMENA DIANE PIE!” Fluttershy exclaimed. Well, there goes her calm demeanor. Fluttershy is usually quiet and reserved, but you don't want her angry.

Pinkie Pie just gasped and shrank back. No pony uses her full name like that except her family. But Fluttershy noticed this and calmed down immediately. “Um, sorry, just needed to get your attention. But we should really ask Twilight what's going on. This is no time for a party. I can tell that this is serious.”

“Fluttershy's right,” Applejack added, “To be gone for so long and then just teleportin' back like that, there must have been something that happened.”

“Yeah,” Rainbow Dash questioned, “What's going on here?”

I took a shaky breath, then proceeded to tell my story, from the letter to Celestia finding me in the alley. My friends were spellbound the entire time. Fluttershy looked like she was about to cry. Pinkie Pie's mane started to lose its' signature curl. Dash tried to look cool throughout the story, but faltered several times. All of my friends were shocked.

“S-so she's after us?” Rarity managed to get out after a long silence.

“Yes,” I said grimly, “I don't think Celestia saw me, but she's bound to put two and two together sometime.”

“So what now?” Applejack whispered.

“Well, duh, we do the obvious thing!” Rainbow Dash said, trying to sound confident, “We fight back! I mean, if we just run, she'll probably find us! We shouldn't go down without a fight!”

“Well,” I concluded, “Whatever it is, one thing is for sure. Whatever we do, we need to do it fast. We should probably run some ways away first, though.”

“What about Spike?” Fluttershy asked. Crud, I had completely forgotten about him.

“He can take care of himself, Fluttershy.” I responded.

“Yeah,” Rainbow Dash agreed, “Besides, this would be too much for a little guy like him. I mean, this could turn out into an all out war!”

Fluttershy suddenly gasped, like she had forgotten something, and started to run towards the nearby forest.