• Published 10th Mar 2012
  • 1,902 Views, 31 Comments

Pinkie and the Chocolate Factory - Quill and Brush



Our favorite ponies decide to visit the new Chocolate Factory.

  • ...
2
 31
 1,902

Is this Chapter 5?

As the world faded back into color, Chocolate Factory was explaining to Rainbow Dash the intricacies of the trans-Factory transport system. “-and it lets me travel across the Factory incredibly quickly.”

“Ya know, I bet that I could beat you back to the front of the Factory with me flying and you taking your fancy transportation.” Rainbow fluttered her wings in anticipation.

Chocolate grinned. “Are you sure that you remember the route back?”

Rainbow scoffed. “Of course I do! What do you think I am?”

Chocolate chuckled. “Maybe an airheaded pegasus?”

The cyan pegasus growled, hovering a little higher than she was a second ago. “I am not airheaded!”

The dark brown unicorn took a step forward, still grinning cockily. “Care to put your bits where your mouth is?”

The brash pegasus landed right in front of the chocolate unicorn. “Yeah, I do! If I win, I get all the free chocolate that I want.”

Chocolate’s grin grew. “And if I win, you help Icy with the weather of the Factory for a month without pay.”

The pegasus took a step forward, her face mere inches from the unicorn’s. “Deal!” She backed off a touch. “So who's gonna be our starter?”

Chocolate shrugged. “How about Icy?”

Rainbow nodded. “Yeah, that’ll work.”

The unicorn turned towards the rest of the group. “How about it, Icy?” The frozen pegasus shrugged. “Alright then.” The racer’s took starting positions. “Whenever you’re ready, Icy.”

Blizzard sighed, shaking her head. “Whatever. Three, two, one, go?”

The two racers took off in different directions, one heading towards the door through which the group had just come, the other trotting over towards a glowing area on the floor at the side of the room. Rainbow flew through the door in a technicolor whirlwind while Chocolate disappeared in a flash.

Blizzard just sighed again. “Well, while they’re doing... that, let’s keep going.” Twilight and Pinkie both nodded and followed Blizzard as she went through one of the many doors in the room.

They entered a tall round room with light gray walls. A low pulsating sound could be heard drifting down from above.

Blizzard turned around to face Twilight and Pinkie. “Be careful in here. This product is still in the initial stages of testing. It’s a soda that’ll allow non-pegusi to stand on clouds and cause them to become a little bit lighter, so that they’ll be able to jump higher and farther.”

“Sweet!” Pinkie sprinted over to a large spigot coming out of the wall. She quickly turned it on and guzzled enough of the soda to cause her body to swell up before she burped once and returned to her original size. “Ooooo, I feel all tingly.” The pink mare giggled as she started to bounce back over to stand next to Twilight, but she never came back down.

Twilight gasped, staring up at Pinkie as she ascended towards the ceiling, where a large fan could be seen behind a metal grate.

Blizzard sighed. She unfolded her wings and fluttered up to Pinkie, pushing her back down to the floor. “I told you to be careful, and that the soda wasn’t finished yet.” Blizzard looked at Twilight. “Are all your friends this...” She gestured wildly.

Twilight nodded. “Unfortunately.”

The frozen mare turned back to the pink mare. “Until this wears off, you need to do nothing more active than trot, okay?” Pinkie nodded vigorously. “Good, then let’s go back and wait for Cocoa and your friend back in the hub.”

Returning through the door, they entered a fairly large room with technicolor walls and glowing panels all across the floor. Each panel was a different color, and each had small letters emblazoned on each side indicating which room in the Factory the panel led to.

Pinkie trotted over to one of the panels. “So how do these things work?”

Blizzard trotted up beside the pink mare. “Well, it’s fairly simple really. It’s just a... Wait, didn’t Cocoa already go over this?”

Pinkie grinned. “Did he? I can’t seem to remember.”

The frozen are raised an eyebrow. “Ooookaaayy. Well, long story short, Cocoa experimented with your basic teleportation spell, and enchanted the panels with that new spell. All you have to do is place all four hooves on the panel and off you go.”

Pinkie bounced a little, rising a few hands off the ground. “That is so cool!”

Just then, there was a flash from across the room, and Chocolate appeared on the panel with ‘Lobby’ on it.

Blizzard trotted over to stand next to Chocolate, who stepped off of the panel. “The soda still needs less lightening and more endurance.” Chocolate nodded. “By the way, where’s that Rainbow Dash at?”

Chocolate shrugged. “She should be on her way right now.”

Twilight trotted over as well. “Well, what happened?”

Chocolate lead the three ponies over to the edge of the room, sitting on his haunches. “I teleported back into the lobby and sat behind the secretary’s desk to wait. I think I dozed off, because next thing I knew, Rainbow burst in panting like she’d just sprinted a marathon.” He grinned. “I think she got a little lost on the way. When she noticed that I was already there, she demanded a rematch, said she’d beat me back here. So I accepted, she counted off, took off, and I teleported back here. So what should we do while we’re waiting for her?”


They sat like that for at least an hour, regaling each other with stories and cracking jokes, when Chocolate said, “Well, it looks like Rainbow Dash is officially lost.” His horn lit up in his brown, red, and blue aura and several Minions filed into the room from one of the doors. “Our multicolored guest has gotten lost on her way from the lobby here. Do be sure she’ll find her way out.” The Minions saluted before galloping through another door. Chocolate turned back to the three other ponies in the room. “Well, I guess it’s time to go.”

Twilight looked around at the three other ponies in the room. “Don’t you think that we should get the rest of our group before we finish the tour?”

Chocolate waved a hoof in her direction as he walked towards a previously unopened door. “Nonsense. We’ll just meet up with them at the end of the tour.”

The lavender mare watched the rest of the group walk towards the door, before following with an unamused grunt.

The four ponies traveled down a simple hallway. There were no doors along the walls, no decorations of any kind. They arrived at the end of the hall, in front of a very large wooden door. Chocolate stopped and turned to face the three ponies that he was leading. “Are we ready?” Seeing affirmative nods from the tourists, he magiced the door open and backed through the door. “Well then, let’s go.”