• Published 26th Nov 2013
  • 699 Views, 33 Comments

Diary of a DJ - XyroX



Vinyl knows what being a DJ is like, and thanks to her diary we can get a little peek into her life.

  • ...
0
 33
 699

My very own Night

Dear emotional insecure me who keeps all her emotions bottled up until she puts them in her diary because I’m too scared to tell anypony what I think because I’m an immature little being;

I have no idea what’s going on right now. Today I was around Ruben (of course) and he had one of his ‘attacks’ again, but as always I pretended I didn’t notice it. This time, it was more than usual, longer and stronger. I really start to worry about him, but what could I do? If it was dangerous I’m sure he’d go to the doctor, so actually it can’t be that bad, can it? Man, I don’t get it, what’s wrong with him?

And today it wasn’t just the normal confusing and robotic movement, he seemed to be totally down for a second or two and suddenly came back to live, like a lamp you keep switching off and on again. I know I have to find out what’s going on there, but… I don’t want to make that mistake again, it’s too familiar to what happened with Nick. Don’t get this wrong, after all I’m glad he left, but still he was a part of my life, and will it be somehow for the rest of it. I’m just scared that I’ll lose Ruben like I lost Nick after I put my muzzle in his business. I don’t want to be alone again… though I’m never alone. I know, whatever happens, Octy will be there for me. Should I tell her about my worries? Maybe. Probably. But not now, I have to find out what’s going on first. Maybe I’m just overreacting, running into these thoughts and there actually isn’t anything strange about Ruben.

But slowly I start to grow some serious paranoia. I still haven’t forget what Nick’s documents were about, and Ruben… I’m scared he plays some role in all this. Though I don’t know much about these agreements with the Griffins, I know enough to start counting one and one together. But how likely is it that I’m right? There has to be another explanation. I won’t believe this before I have some solid evidences. And I hope I’ll never find them.


But there are also some good news today. This evening, I have the most awesome performance ever! Club Luna gave me a call and they want to make some sort of special event-night, and it’ll be all about me! I knew I’m awesome, but I never knew I’m this awesome! Man, this is so exciting! But that’s not everything: They pay so much for this single evening, I finally can make a break and take some time off, for at least a week. Enough time to get closer to Ruben, and maybe find out about his mysterious tick. I just hope I’ll stay sober enough tonight to remember most of the night, so I can report you tomorrow. I’ll try, but don’t take this as a promise, after all it’s my very own event! At Club Luna! This is going to be the best! Night! Ever!

Alright, calm down Vinyl. Enough time to flip out later, now I have to prepare my songs for tonight. I’ll try to create some kind of golden thread running through the night, one song preparing the atmosphere for the next, y’know. If I can make this, it will be even more awesome! Dude, that’s like everything I ever wanted! There’ll be so many VIPs, like The Great and Powerful Trixie, Photo Finish, Princess Twilight and even Princess Luna herself! Who knew she likes Dubstep? I always imagined her like all the Canterlot snobs, just chilling there with some tea and listening to some stuff Octy would love to play. But nooo, the Princess of the night wants to listen to DJ P0n-3! Isn’t that totally awesome?

Too sad Ruben can’t accompany me, he’s got to work all night. But I still have Octy, though she doesn’t admit being a fan of my music, I know she likes some wubs every now and then. Plus, there’ll be so many Canterlot ponies she can talk to, she’d have to be a total retard if she can’t get any connections to these high-class ponies, so I’m sure it’s a good chance for her to finally make the next step on her career ladder and reach into the really rewarding area.

Now I really have to prepare myself, so that’s it for the day.

Cya