• Published 20th Nov 2013
  • 5,616 Views, 131 Comments

Equestrian Crossover - New Life meets A New Home - jkreader



Nyx gets sick one day and accidentally hits her little brother with her magic, sending him to an alternate Equestria, where he realizes that he's not the last human left as he thought.

  • ...
4
 131
 5,616

Chapter 2 - Joshua's Story

Chapter 2 - Joshua’s Story

*Toby’s P.O.V*

As I wait for Momma to come upstairs I give Joshua a soft smile. Although I didn’t show it, I was so excited and in awe about seeing another human, another kid in Equestria. However, it made me wonder exactly how he ended up here in the first place.

That sure was strange for him to just appear out of nowhere like that. It was just like magic. Maybe after he gets something to eat and if Momma won’t mind, we could go see Auntie Twilight. She’ll probably know what to do since she is a princess, but also the Element of Magic.

My thoughts were cut off as I could hear hoof steps approaching. Joshua and I turned around to see Momma reaching the top of the stairs. I watched as she was carrying a small bowl on her back and I walked over to her.

I smiled up at her as I walked over to her side. “Here Momma, I’ll take it over to him,” I said softly. She leaned down a little for me to reach the bowl and I carefully took it off her back.

She stood back up and gave me a soft kiss on the forehead. “Thank you sweetheart,” she said as nuzzled at my cheek, causing me to blush. I turned around and walked over to Joshua to give him his bowl of oatmeal.

“Here you go Joshua. You’ll like Momma’s oatmeal, it’s my favorite food to eat for breakfast,” I said with a bright smile. “She adds milk to it to soften the oats, and honey to make it sweet.”

*Joshua’s P.O.V*

I gave Toby a nod as I looked down at the warm bowl of oatmeal. It did look tasty, and I was hungry. I took the spoon offered by Fluttershy into my hand and scooped some out to take my first bite. As soon as the oatmeal touched my tongue and I started eating, a soft smile formed across my mouth.

“Mm… that is good Toby,” I said as I continued to eat at my breakfast. I looked up to see Fluttershy gently trot up behind Toby and place a hoof gently on his shoulder.

“Oh, I’m sorry Momma,” he spoke softly as he looked up at her with a soft smile. “Momma, this is Joshua. Joshua this is my Momma, Fluttershy,” he said with a blushing smile as she returned it.

I let out a light giggle as I watched the two together. I put the spoon down in the bowl for a second “Hello Fluttershy, it’s good to meet you, and thank you for the oatmeal. I was getting hungry,” I said with a soft smile.

She nodded and returned the smile “Hello Joshua sweetie. It’s nice to meet you too and you’re very welcome. I’m glad you like it.” She looked down at Toby with a warm smile and kissed him on his forehead.

Hm… I wonder how Toby ended up in Equestria. Well, not the Equestria that I know, but still I wonder how another human ended up here.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard Fluttershy speak to me “How are you feeling Joshua? You were out for two days, and we were starting to get worried that you won’t wake up.” I sighed softly as I finished up the oatmeal quickly, because I was so hungry.

I placed the empty bowl over onto the table beside her bed and turned back to her and Toby. “I’m feeling okay, but I didn’t know I was out for two days.” I reached up to scratch the back of my head.

Fluttershy gave me a warm smile, but questioning look “Well, that is good to know sweetie… but if it’s okay for me to ask Joshua… what happened to make you appear in a flash like that?” She kept her hoof on Toby’s shoulder as he hugged at it.

I looked at both of them and sighed softly. “Before I woke up here, the last thing I remember was taking my big sister Nyx some orange juice, because she was sick. When I walked into her room she was reading a book, and I asked what it was about,” as I spoke I could see confusion on each of their faces.

*Fluttershy’s P.O.V*

While the little one was explaining how he ended up outside mine and Toby’s cottage, Toby looked up at me and I looked down at him confusedly. I softly cleared my throat “Um… excuse me Joshua… I’m sorry to interrupt, but whose Nyx?”

He looked at me and Toby with an awkward smile “Oh, hehe… I guess I’ll explain,” he said as he took in a deep breath and exhaled deeply.

It all started when I was living on Earth with my mommy and daddy. We were a happy family who did everything together like play board games before I went to bed, had dinner every night in which my mommy always cooked the best food, and they would tell me bedtime stories when they tucked me in. We loved each other very much, but it all would change on my seventh birthday.

I saw Joshua lower his head toward his lap and I could see a stray tear fall down his cheek. I frowned as I carefully lifted my hoof off Toby’s shoulder and trotted over to my dresser to retrieve a tissue and brought it back to give to him. He gently took it from my hoof and thanked me. He wiped away his tear and continued.

My mommy and daddy both worked as scientists, and together they worked on a project starting on my fourth birthday. When my seventh birthday came, I woke up to some really loud noises outside and I climbed out of my bed, and ran to look for them. I didn’t find them in their room, so I decided to go down to the basement where they were working on their project.

I was scared of what was happening so I burst through the basement door to see they were finishing up whatever they were working on. I asked them what was going on, and they said the world was coming to an end, but there was a way to escape it. But the only way to avoid being involved in it would only save me.

The project they were working on was a portal machine that would send whoever got inside it anywhere they wanted. They didn’t want to tell me what they were building, because I was too young at the time to understand. I was a little happy to know that there was a way to escape the end of the world, but my heart broke the instant they told me the machine only had enough energy to send me away.

I started to cry, but they did all they could to comfort me, and told me that as long as I have my locket…

I and Toby watched as he pulled a heart shaped locket. As soon as we saw the locket, I looked down to see Toby looking up at me with a wondrous smile because it looked like the locket that his own mommy gave to him. I gave Toby a warm smile as we looked at Joshua as he continued his story.

I would always have them in my heart, and then I told them that I loved both of them very much and good bye before I was teleported through the portal. The machine teleported me to somewhere strange, but then I met Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. I gave them a note that my mommy and daddy wanted me to give to whoever found me. It told the ones who found me to give me a good home and take good care of me.

Princess Celestia and Princess Luna took me to see Princess Twilight Sparkle who would soon become my adoptive mommy. Then I met her daughter Nyx who is the filly version of Princess Luna’s darker side, Nightmare Moon. That’s another long story that I might tell you two later. Nyx would become my big sister, Spike my big brother, then I would meet my aunts; Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and you Fluttershy.

Finally I met the best friends a kid could have in Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and more. Then I would meet a filly who would become my filly friend, Dinky Doo.

We smile at Joshua as a blush forms on his cheek.

And that is how I ended up in Equestria, and Twilight became my mommy and I have a big loving family.

“Well, that is good to know that you have a family Joshua, but I’m terribly sorry for the loss of your mommy and daddy. We both are,” I said as I looked down at Toby and I could sense he was on the verge of tears. I leaned my head down to kiss the top of his head “Hey sweetie, how about you go take Joshua’s empty bowl down to the kitchen and get it washed. Then we’ll go and introduce Joshua to our friends.” I gave him a warm smile.

He looked up at me with a light smile and nodded “Okay Momma.” He walked over and took the empty bowl off my bedside table and turned to walk downstairs.

Making sure he was out of view I carefully trotted up to the bed and sat next to it. I reached up and placed a hoof on Joshua’s shoulder “You know Joshua sweetie, your story of how you ended up here is similar to my precious little one’s story. Would you like to hear it?” He gave me a nod “Okay. However, I have to warn you Joshua, it is a tragic tale, but I feel I should tell it, because it hurts Toby too much every time he has to retell it.” He nods in understanding.

I took in a deep breath, and exhaled deeply as I began to tell Toby’s story.

Author's Note:

Here's chapter two written by APoeticHeart! :pinkiehappy: The way this story will work is that he and I will alternate in writing chapters.