• Published 7th Mar 2012
  • 900 Views, 3 Comments

A Bottle of Hot sauce - PonyofTacos



Pinkie likes hot sauce.

  • ...
0
 3
 900

Hot Sauce is Awesome

*Clink* *Clink* *Clink*

"A bit more there."

*Clink* *Clink* *Clink*

"Oh, just the tiniest drop here"

*Clink*

"All done!," proclaimed Pinkie Pie after she once she put the bottle of hot sauce she was tapping her hooves against, on the counter

She stared at the red sea of sauce covering the baking pan of brownies.

"So awesome! Hotsauce what would I ever do with out you?," the baker asked the inanimate bottle of Mexicoltan hot sauce.

"What do you mean 'No habla Equestrian.'?," she asked worried. "Oh you silly of course you understand! Don't think you can pull that one off because you're Mexicoltan."

The delicious spicy condiment didn't reply. It never did but Pinkie didn't care. As long as it made her food better it was ok in her book.

"Now for those brownies!"

Using a spatula Pinkie cut herself a square piece of the hot sauce covered coco delicacy. Once removed from the pan the rest of the redish orange sauce swarmed into the shallow square hole.

"MMM!," Pinkie moaned, chewing her baked square in delight. "It's so good! Thank Celestia you exist! Too bad you're so good, I've almost emptied you!," the pink pony said noticing the bottle was nearly depleted. "Besides making things even more delicious than they should be, you make an awesome prank device."

Pinkie giggled at the memory of her friend Twilight drinking the hot sauce, thinking it was a drink, at her 'Welcome to Ponyville' party. Though it wasn't a prank, it was still a funny moment with hot sauce.

"Too bad you weren't there to see it. It was hilarious!"

The Marentina hot sauce showed no signs of laughter. Pinkie thought it was jelly of the bottle who got the honor of pleasing the pink pony with such an action.

"Oh you!," the party pony laughed. "You remember Rainbow's birthday party right?"

If it could smile, the baker thought it would be as this bottle was used to rig 6 of the bite sized cupcakes she made for the party. One for each of them. As luck would have it that the pony of the hour got all six in one go. She lit off like a firecracker, which in turn the pony transformed into one as several Sonic Rainbooms exploded from her flight to coolher mouth down

"Oh pony!," she said still laughing. "Now Rainbow doesn't like anything that can be eaten in one bite," she happily informed the condiment.

To Pinkie, the bottle looked as if it had gotten shinier after it was told of the success.

"Speaking of hot sauce rigged treats, I should really finish those brownies."

Cutting another square of the strange confection of chocolate and spices and biting into it the pony was reminded of how she first discovered the wonders of sugar and spice.

"Ya know, I didn't always eat my treats like this."

An imaginary sign of confusion formed on the bottle's label.

"You find that hard to imagine don't you?," asked the pink pony. "Me too. By what sorcery this wonder had used to avoid it's discover is beyond me. Anyhow this is how I found it..."

Ugh. Is there anything else that can be baked into these treats?

That was all the not-a-mare-but-not-a-filly Pinkie Pie thought angrilly to herself. For years now, she has eaten the same sweet treats over and over again with no variation. They had tasted great when she had first gotten her apprentanceship as a baker but now? The baked goods were transforming into baked bads. Their flavors slipping into nothingness and nothingness didn't give her that increadible sugar rush she loved oh so very much.

Maybe if I change up the recipes just the teeniest bit I could get the flavor to comeback

Pinkie thought this over and started to experiment with brownies. She loved the chocolate bread like treat the most so it would be the first to be improved and eaten.

Now let's see... hmm... ooh! I should put a bit of cinnamon in there. Maybe some nutmeg too?

Adding to the recipe, the apprentice baker found out, wasn't the right way to go. Each failure lowered her hopes for reviving the sugar rush effects of the baked goods. She was about to give up until she thought of the great idea of adding toppings instead.

Yeah, that's gotta be it! What would a cake taste like without icing?!

She shuddered at such a thought. Everypony knows that a cake with out icing is nothing more than sweetened bread.

She started up baking a pan of brownies. While they baked Pinkie searched for anything of interest to put on her experiment. A glass bottle full of an redish orange liquid labeled Marentina caught her eye.

Hecho en Mexicolt. Why would anypony purposely misspell 'made' and 'in'?

*Ding!*

"Brownies are done," the pink pony reported to the empty kitchen.

Once the baked goods were out of the oven and cooled, the baker added some of the contents of the Marentina bottle on to them. The brownies didn't look too appetizing, but she did't have the skill to make them look so.

"Bottoms up," she said to herself nervously.

"..and then I was like 'THAT WAS THE BEST THING EVER!' and now you know why I find you so good."

The bottle of spicyness sat there as it was the entire time. Every word of the pony before it had no effect.

"You must be tired. I understand that long stories make you tired," Pinkie said yawning a bit.

It's services no longer needed, the bottle of hot sauce was put away into it's private cabinet.

As soon the cabinet door closed the pink earth pony was greeted by a variety of "Hi Pinkie!" by her friends.

"Oh hey gals! I made some brownies. Want one?"

Author's Note

This was written just for fun so if the writing is terrible (Which it probably is) that's my lame excuse. Also, you should probably not screw around with perfectly good recipes.(It might kill you or give you food poisoning.)(Silly Taco, do you really think they're going to mess around with perfectly good recipes if they aren't trained to? I think not!)

Comments ( 3 )

What?
This was random....as expected of course...:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:
Also, First.

I enjoyed reading! :pinkiesmile:

Huh... never really thought about a minimum level of skill required to modify a recipe without giving yourself food poisoning. I suppose it is at least theoretically a concern.

Login or register to comment