• Published 10th Nov 2013
  • 1,797 Views, 38 Comments

A Prosecutor's Past - Songbrony



After Phoenix Wright saves Rainbow Dash from being banished to the sun, Twilight learns that Trixie took the Prosecution position against Rainbow Dash because of a past altercation between her and Twilight, prior to her arrival in Ponyville.

  • ...
3
 38
 1,797

Day 2

Canterlot Train Station

9:32 A.M.

I wonder where the Princess is. Maybe I'm too early. Twilight thought as she waited at the station. She had been waiting for half an hour. It wasn't like the Princess to be late. "She's probably busy with a surprise emergency." she said.

"Excuse me, are you Twilight Sparkle?" a pony in a brown coat asked as he ran up the stairs to her.

"Yes, I am. And who might you be?" she asked with a smile.

"I'm Detective Horseshoe. Sorry I'm late. The Princess sent me down to help you with your findings." he said.

"Really? Where's the Princess?" she asked.

"She's caught up in a meeting with an important individual. She'll meet us at the Canterlot Library when she's finished." he replied.

"Oh, okay then. Who is this important individual?"

"Hey, I'm just a simple detective. I don't know all about the Princess' meetings." he said with a groan. "Anyways, let's get going. I understand you're looking up something on a classmate of yours from your younger years?"

"Yes, she's- Wait a minute, my YOUNGER years? I'm not old! I'm only in my 20's!' Twilight exclaimed.

"It's not my job to look for those details!" he said, disgruntled.

Actually, it is. You're a detective after all. she thought. "Okay, well I'm looking for information on Trixie."

"Oh, that prosecutor that found that one rainbow pony guilty of murder!" he said, happily.

"Hey! She was found innocent and is my friend!" Twilight shouted.

"Oh, right. Sorry." he said, rubbing the back of his head. "Anywho, let's get going. I'm sure we can find something in the library."

Why did the Princess send him? He's completely incompetent! she thought. "Fine. Let's go."

Canterlot Library

9:50 A.M.

"Woah. This place is bigger than I thought." Detective Horsehoe said.

"Well it is the Canterlot library. It's one of the largest libraries in the nation." Twilight said. "With so many books, we're going to be here for awhile."

"You mean we have to search through all this?"

"Well, we could narrow it down to a few sub-sections. Anything under 'T' will work. Why don't you go look for it there?" she suggested.

"Yes ma'am!" he said and rushed over to that section.

Now that he's out of the way I can get to work on what I need to find out. she thought as she walked to the end of the aisle to her left. "Let's see...L...M...N...O... Ah! P!" Twilight said as she found the section she needed. "Okay, Princess...Princess...Princess...There you are! Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns." she exclaimed, pulling the giant book out from it's holding.

"Okay. Let's see if I can find her in here somewhere." She flipped through the book, looking for pictures. "Oh! I remember that day! That was the day when I won the talent show." she said as she passed a picture of her with a gold medal around her neck. There was a brown pony and a blue pony standing next to each other on the second place stand. "Wait. That's not Sonata and Trixie is it?"

She looked closer at but wasn't able to see their cutie marks. "If it is them, this would be another reason for Trixie to be mad at me. But I don't remember her or Sonata being there." She flipped a few more pages and found her class picture. "I don't see Trixie, but Sonata did say she was a year below me." She flipped to the next year and found Sonata standing there in the front row. She scanned for Trixie but didn't find her. "She's not in here. Maybe Sonata was mistaken?" she asked aloud. She looked to the side of the picture and found a line of text that read, 'Students not pictured: Blaze, Little Red, Sunset Bloom, Trixie.'

"Well, I guess she was in the school. But how come I never heard of her?" She thought back to all the days she spent at the school. Most of them were her sitting in a library reading or studying, or of her sitting in class furiously taking notes. "I could have missed her since I didn't socialize too much with the ponies around me." she said. She took the book to the librarian behind the counter.

"Ah, Twilight! It's been awhile since you came by. How have you been?" the librarian asked.

"I'm doing well, Ms. Clydesdale. And you?"

"Pretty good. It's been slow here lately so I don't get to see many faces. Did you find a book you liked?" she asked.

"Yes. I'm trying to do some research into Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns." Twilight said, passing the book to the mare.

"Oh, that's right. You scored number one on the exam and became the Princess' personal student. Is this something for the Princess?" she asked, writing the information down.

"No, just more of a personal thing." Twilight said.

"Well, I hope you find what you're looking for. Have a good day, Ms. Sparkle." the librarian said.

"You too, Ms. Clydesdale." she said and left the library. "I should probably tell Detective Horseshoe that I found what I was looking for." she said to herself. She looked back into the library and saw him carrying a huge stack of books to a table. "On second though, I'll let him look through some stuff."

Twilight walked out of the library as she looked back through the book. If Trixie really did go go to Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, what did I do that made her hate me so? she thought. And why is she taking it out on me all these years later?

As Twilight pondered about it, she bumped into a pony in front of her. "Oh! I'm sorry. I wasn't looking where I was-" she stopped as she saw who it was she had so rudely bumped into. "Princess! I'm so sorry!" Twilight said, frantically.

Celestia giggled slightly at her pupil. "It's okay, Twilight. I'm sorry I'm late for our meeting. I was in an emergency meeting with someone of importance."

"I knew there was a perfectly reasonable explanation. Who was this important pony?" Twilight asked.

"She wasn't a pony, but she is someone who I feel may be able to help you, if she so chooses." her mentor replied. "Come. I'll take you to her so we can help with your predicament." She led Twilight through the corridors quietly.

"So...who is this mysterious someone? Are they a griffon? Or a Minotaur?" Twilight asked, hoping to allieviate the silence.

"She's not of this world. But she knows more than I thought she would of Miss Trixie." Celestia said.

"Wait, she knows Trixie? Is she a relative?" Twilight asked.

"Remember, she isn't of this world. But she holds a form of...magic." the Princess said, trying to find the right word.

"Oh...right." she said, feeling foolish. "Well, what kind of magic is it?"

"It's one that I have yet to see. She knew about me than is on public record. But you have no need to worry, Twilight. She's a friend, not an enemy."

"But if she knows more about you than anyone, then how do you know we can trust her?" Twilight asked.

"Because she helped us in a very recent event." the Princess said. They walked through a pair of large marble doors that led to the Throne Room. "If you'll wait here for a moment, Twilight."

Twilght waited in the Throne Room, wondering what this 'someone' could be and do that could help her. Is it possible that she really does know what happened to Trixie? I find it hard to believe that she was able to find out information about the Princess that wasn't on public record. she thought.

"So you're the Defense Attourney's assistant from that trial a few days ago? I was impressed by what you and the Defense were able to do with all the information against you. You have potential." a female's voice said behind her.

"Oh, it wasn't me. It was Pheonix who really-" she started to say as she turned around to the voice. "What? But...but you're-"

"A human? Yes, I am. I'm the one who told the Princess to hire Phoenix Wright as the Defense Attorney." the brown haired human said.

"But how are you here? And why did you want Phoenix?" Twilght asked.

"It doesn't matter how I'm here, and I wanted Phoenix to be the Defense because I knew he could do it. He is the only one that would be able to find a way to break the Prosecution's testimony. And also because he needed this experience." the mysterious girl said.

"I see." Twilight said. "Um, what's your name? The Princess said that you could help me with something, and you already know who I am, but I don't know who you are."

The mysterious human smiled. "I'm Mia."

Author's Note:

.