• Published 24th Jan 2014
  • 5,869 Views, 684 Comments

Perseverance of the Ancients - The Bourgeoisie Bear



Twilight is sent to learn more about humans.

  • ...
68
 684
 5,869

Charmer

Twilight sat by herself in the library, finishing up a letter to Celestia before turning in for the night. A lone candle sat on her desk giving her just enough light to make the last paragraph of her paper. Spike was already asleep in her room, having spent all day with their friends had tired him out. The rest of the room was encased in darkness. The large paned windows showed a lovely, star filled sky over the Crystal Empire.

It was going to be another insightful report to Princess Celestia. Twilight absentmindedly nodded to herself on the last point she made. 'Celestia's going to love this one,' Twilight assured herself. Before she could finish her letter, there was a knock on the door.

It echoed out through the empty room, as Twilight turned to the source of the sound, the door began to open, it creaked as it did so. A bug eyed Twilight stared at it, watching the door swing open and a single claw make its way out of the shadow. A familiar sounding voice, though a bit tired, came out. “Twilight, finally I get to speak to you... alone.”

The figure was walking closer and closer, Twilight was squinting at it trying to figure out who it was. Eventually, her candle light illuminated his features. “Oh, King Viggo, I didn't recognize your voice.” She looked around. “What are you doing still up?”

It took him longer than it should have to respond, he stood there looking around. “I've wanted to speak to you privately for some time, but your friends have made that a bit difficult I'm afraid. I'm sorry if I'm intruding.” Behind the warlord, Twilight saw her human taking cautious steps forward. She held up her hoof to show him that she wasn't in danger. The human nodded and returned to the shadows. It had been two days since her slave ran away and in that time the human had acted very strangely toward the warlord. Viggo continued speaking, not even noticing Twilight gesturing to the human slave behind him. “I'm aware that you've been studying humans for sometime, and I was hoping that perhaps... maybe... we could fulfill each others goals.” Twilight was only half listening, she wanted to finish up her report and go to bed. “You see I could provide you safe passage to the Griffin Kingdom where you would be provided many, fully wild humans to study.”

Now listening, Twilight's eyebrows rose. “Wow, you'd do that for me?”

With a lopsided grin the griffin nodded. “Yeah, why not. Like I said, we should be working together on this... human problem. My army would gladly help you with your research, it's for the betterment of us all.”

Twilight began rubbing her chin, deep in thought. “Ummm... this would be when you leave right? That's in... three days?” The griffin nodded, wavered a bit. Twilight began noticing a certain smell coming from him. “Are you- are you drunk?”

“Maybe,” was the curt reply. He wavered a bit more. Viggo's drunk mind was trying to think of exactly what to say. 'Answer her back idiot,' the sober part of his mind instructed him. ’Convince her to go with you.’ the warlord shook his head, trying to awaken his drunk, sleep deprived mind. “Yeah, three days, like you said. You really should go...” It looked like Twilight was still thinking about it. 'Perhaps being flexible will save me here.' Viggo cleared his throat. “Does that fit into your schedule?”

That question echoed in her mind for a while. 'Does it?' she asked herself.' If it doesn't I can always reschedule a few things.' Twilight sat there for a moment scratching her chin as the griffin swayed around a bit. “Well, give me a minute to check.” The mare got off her chair and began going through her bag. Knowing that she had gone over it just a couple of hours ago, she shifted through the various papers to find the desired gem hidden within the folds of papers.

Behind Twilight, King Viggo, tilting his head some more, managed to get a good view around her tail and look in between her flanks. It was a wonder he hadn't fallen over, being as drunk as he was. As Twilight found herself frustrated at not being able to find her schedule, the griffin took his time blatantly watching her flank sway in the candle light.

Not being ignorant of his kind's history, Viggo knew that long ago, griffins took what they wanted by force. Few could stop them. He was mesmerized by her backside illuminated by the candle light. Remembering back at Canterlot, Viggo could practically hear Twilight's stupid little speech, her know it all attitude, but much worse than that he remembered her brother literally throwing him down the castle steps. He felt an insatiable need to get even, but he couldn't, Shining was the prince of the Crystal Empire, and he needed him, but then there was his sister. His sweet innocent sister.

Breathing harder now, his lust was getting difficult to repress. Just to ravish her violently, in every hole as she begged for mercy. Shining never had to know. He wanted to act this out, but even in his drunk mind, he was too scared. Though he decided to settle for a sick minded juvenile compromise, as quietly as he could he lifted himself up on his back two legs holding the table with one talon and began to hump the air right behind Twilight. 'Shining, aren't so tough now are you? I'm just here in your castle railing your sister. Like that?' He continued on in his fantasy for several seconds, twice the griffin's flaccid penis came less than an inch from touching Twilight's flank, then things would have turn very badly for him.

“Ugh!” Twilight fumed, “Just give me a second. I know it's here.”

The griffin smiled. “Take your time. There's no rush at all Princess Twilight.” She was so preoccupied and surprised that she had lost her schedule that she didn't even notice that the griffin's voice came from much a higher position.

The griffin's eyes went wide when he felt one hand grab his throat and the other wrap itself around his beak. They began dragging him away from Twilight, his talons reached out for the mare to help him, but he couldn't speak. Whatever grabbed him was too strong to resist.

Twilight meanwhile continued to apologize. “Sorry again, I'm usually well organized. It's just that two days ago my human made a mess in my room and scattered my papers everywhere and I haven't had time to organize everything again. Ummm... let's see... maybe it's with the research notes...”

Trying to get an idea of what was dragging him away the griffin used his talons to feel behind himself, he felt a face, hair on top of the head, rough prickly hair on the chin. 'Oh pluck! The human's really going to kill me now! Did it think I was attacking Twilight!? Oh CRAP! I'm done for! No! I wasn't even hurting her! Please spare me! I'm sorry!' The griffin began to relax, not because he was calming down, but because his blood was having a hard time getting to his brain, with him being strangled and all.

Somehow his paws kicking at the ground made almost no noise whatsoever. The human changed his grip on the warlords beak and turned the griffin around to look at him, face to face. It was like looking into the eyes of someone in the middle of a fever dream, that only saw a blood mist.

Lifted up in the air, the griffin wasn't able to even touch the ground, the human held him up by the throat. A numb feeling began to spread for the warlord, he was nearing passing out. The warlord trembled as the human began to let up on his neck, now able to finally think. As he looked pleadingly into the eyes of the human, the monster's eyes softened up, so did his grip. When the griffin coughed, the human released him.

On the ground now, the griffin curled up to a ball as he gasped for air. He put his talon up to his throat, still shaking. “Are you alright?” The warlord looked over to see Twilight looking at him. “Why are you in the dark?”

Now fully understanding what just happened, the griffin looked around. “That human! He...” He stopped himself mid sentence, noticing that the human disappeared. Feeling that this might hurt his chances with convincing Twilight to come to the griffin kingdom, he shut his mouth. “Nothing...” He got up. “Never mind.”

Worrying that her human got in trouble Twilight seemed a bit shy, not quite sure what happened between the two of them, but she just blew it off to the griffin spotting the human in the dark and freaking out in a drunk paranoid episode. “I uhhh... found my schedule... I think that maybe taking that trip with you would work actually. Like you said... we should ummm... work together.” She actually scratched the ground in her nervousness looking up to him. As she finished speaking, the human walked out of the shadows behind Twilight. She smiled upon seeing him, but then getting a bit nervous again she turned to the warlord. “I'm sorry that I forgot to tell you that he was here, he stays up with me some nights.”

Before the griffin could respond the human patted the back of her head, the mare giggled at that. “Right, no problem of course... whatever makes you comfortable...” Even Twilight could see that the warlord's smile looked fake. “So I leave in three more days, would you be interested in going then?”

Nodding, Twilight smiled. “Yes definitely. Thanks again.”

Now genuinely happy, but for reasons that Twilight wouldn't like if she knew, his smile changed. “Excellent,” he said, righting himself up, “I look forward to seeing you both in my kingdom.” Before he turned and walked away, Twilight caught a glimpse of contempt in his eyes aimed at her human.

After the griffin closed the door behind him, Twilight was just left alone with her human again, she looked up at him. “I'm almost done. We'll go to bed soon, okay?”

The human nodded, just like how Twilight trained him to do. “Indeed.”

True to her word, Twilight finished quickly and they left the library, surprisingly the human choose to carry her saddlebag for her. They walked together down the dark hall. They both nodded to guard they passed by, they were becoming a thing now. No one was scared of the human anymore given that he was with his master. Things were finally settling down now that their time here was drawing to a close.

They both kept quiet as they entered Twilight's room, careful not to wake up Spike. The human without being told got his blankets out of his master's closet and began setting up his bed, he had already put her saddlebag next to her desk. She would organize those documents there in the morning.

Finishing up with his make-shift bed, he could hear Twilight shifting through her own sheets and settling in. A sleepy pair of eyes watched him lay down. “Good night...” Twilight found that her mouth wanted to call him by name, yet she had still not decided on one for him yet. She sighed. I'll come up with one for him tomorrow...

Before Twilight could fall asleep, she could have sworn she heard her human answer back with a 'good night' of his own. Smiling contently, she drifted off to sleep.

The human would fall to sleep soon after, however his dreams would not allow him a moment of peace, as they settled for relieving the carnage of years past. Before he could even manage to fully fall asleep he could hear explosions.

A constant thunder of artillery fire could be heard behind the legionnaire as he crawled under the thick sheets of spider web overhead. Exploding with the Empire's ingeniously designed timed explosives, throwing deadly shrapnel everywhere. Every which way he looked there were parts and pieces of shredded arachnid parts.

The only thing subject IY54-FT4-U027 could think was: 'By all the gods, why oh why would the old ones have made such abominations?' He continued to crawl ahead, screams of agony could be heard further on, yet he continued onward. It was impossible to see this deep in the jungle but all around him were hundreds of his legionnaire comrades. All crawling and fighting through the vegetation and trying not to get caught up in the web.

As subject IY54-FT4-U027 moved onward, he felt a hand brush up against his head, jolting a bit at first, thinking that an arachnid snuck up on him. He snapped his head up to see what it was, his eyes managed to make out a human arm dangling lifelessly while the majority of the humans body lay enveloped by a neon green cocoon. It appeared that the scouting party had been found. 'At least they're not 'Missing In Action' anymore...' This realization didn't help the human's nerves.

Finally moving beyond the area layered with web, the legionnaire got to his feet and began making way toward the battlefield. Hearing something above that didn't sound like explosions, and more like footsteps on trees, he looked up. Searching through a veil of darkness he found what he was looking for. Some vile, Equine looking thing that looked more like some insect abomination, was crawling down to ambush the humans down below.

With target now found, subject IY54-FT4-U027, a raw recruit of only eighteen took aim with his rifle and fired. The mini-ball fired true and blew a hole in the monster. It fell, green fire erupting out of its monstrous body and getting tangled in the webs before it could hit the floor.

Watching the 'changeling' twitch for a few moments as the explosions flew over head, subject IY54-FT4-U027 stared at it for a moment, entranced by it. Snapping himself out of his stupor he reloaded. Suddenly something hit his shoulder hard in the darkness, sending him spinning, the legionnaire looked around, before he found that it was just another soldier. The stranger looked back at him. “Come on boy, keep up the pace and keep moving.” Not needing to be told again, he made double time onward. Many years of brutal battle lay ahead of him.

Again, the human woke up sweating. Springing up from his makeshift bed. It was a recurring incident. Raising his hands the slave wiped the sweat off his brow. It was still dark out, perhaps the middle of the night.

Still in battle mode, the human turned when he heard shifting to his left. Twilight flinched at his quick reaction. She said something in her equine language, perhaps asking him if he was alright, she looked concerned, and some of the words sounded familiar. 'I must have woke her up,' the slave realized. He apologized in her language. It sounded like she accepted it, though she still looked worried. The mare looked over her bed to see that the reptile thing was still asleep.

It was taking some effort but the slave managed to stop shaking, forcing his body to flush out the adrenaline in his system. He sighed. It was getting harder to ignore the mare's sympathetic eyes staring down at him from on top of her bed. She began scooting away from him and opened up her sheets, then patted the empty spot on the bed for him.

'No,' he thought. 'She couldn't actually want me to...' She patted the area again. Watching her, the slave began to question the right course of action. 'I guess it would be rude to deny her... she is my master after all... it's not like I have to do anything with her. I doubt this will be a repeat of what happened in that cell back at that slavers place.' Even he was surprised when his body shuddered at the thought. That reflex just added on to Twilight's resolve as she beckoned him into her bed.

Slowly, and quietly he got up and slipped under the covers. He was both rigid and uncomfortable already. Twilight flipped the covers back on and put her head on his shoulder. 'Well... it could be worse.' The slave couldn't help that his body stiffened up like a plank of wood, he wasn't used to human contact that didn't involve pain. The Empire wanted living weapons of war, desensitizing their soldiers was considered standard procedure, the slave could at least remember that much. The human's eye twitched when he felt Twilight's gentle exhale on his chest. Her forelegs curled around his strong arm, bringing it close to her body. It only got worse when she moaned contently. ’I. Need. An. Adult.’ A voice in his head reminded him that he was twenty-three, but he ignored it.

Though uncomfortable, the human managed to fall back asleep, and this time he didn't have a nightmare. Their rhythmic breaths continued on uninterrupted. For the first time in a long time, subject IY54-FT4-U027 was comfortable with someone's touch.

Night came and went, and Twilight, the early morning riser woke up first. Opening her eyes she saw her human sleep more soundly than she had ever seen him sleep before. Seeing no other reason on why she wouldn't be the cause of that, made her blush. Looking over her bed she saw Spike sleeping soundly in the weak morning light. For a moment Twilight just let her head fall and rest on her human slave and closed her eyes for a while. Letting her mind wake up slowly, bit by bit. At one point Twilight would have thought that sleeping with a human slave would have been a filthy experience, but she made sure to clean him regularly. 'I'll have to clean him before the trip to the Griffin Kingdom. I hope the maids can still do it, they're still wary of him for walking in their bathhouse accidentally.' Twilight didn't let that thought bother her. 'I suppose I can just clean him myself.' For some reason that made her a bit giddy. 'How hard can it be, its probably just like washing a pony, only different... Applejack has slaves of her own, perhaps she can give me a few pointers. I'm sure she'll help me if I ask. Maybe even some of my other friends can help me with it.'

Opening her eyes again, she knew it was time to actually get up. Putting a hoof on his body she began rocking him back and forth, Twilight arched an eyebrow when he didn't wake up. ’How can he sleep through that?’ Using both hooves now she shook him awake. This time the slave didn't wake up in a panic, or with sweat on his brow, he just woke up and looked over to Twilight. She giggled, “Good morning-” Again she realized she hadn't named him. I really need to take care of that.

The bed creaked as the human got up. “Good morning, Twilight.”

Smiling some more, she watched her human put on his cloak, then she got out of bed herself. “Spike, it's time to get up.”

Grumbling to himself, he tossed and turned. “Morning already?”

As she giggled as she answered back, “Celesita raises the sun at the same time every day, Spike. Come on, get up.” She heard him move his covers off of himself as she made her way into the washroom. Spike already walked in as she was putting toothpaste on her toothbrush.

“So, What's on the agenda today?” he asked as he went to his own basin and began brushing his sharp dragon teeth.

Twilight brought a cup of water to her mouth and gargled with it and spat it out. “Well I'm done with the human research reports this week, however there is this one thing I need to tell you. I'm going to have to go to the Griffin Kingdom when King Viggo leaves. It's so I can study his-”

Two unseen claws quickly wrapped around Twilight. “You're leaving me?!”

The question caught Twilight off guard. “N-no. Not if you want to come with.” With eyes already watery, Spike nodded. “That's no problem, Spike. I'm glad you're coming, but you do know that it will be a dangerous, right?”

Little Spike did a complete emotional one-eighty. “Pffft! Please Twilight, don't make me laugh! I'm a dragon, if anything I'll be the one protecting you.”

“Oh.” Twilight rolled her eyes. “Riiiiiiiiiight, how could I doubt your power, oh great and mighty one.”

“Hey!”

Twilight laughed at that. “I'm sorry, Spike. I was only playing.” When she rubbed the top of his head he cracked a smile. “Why don't you go ahead and wake up our friends, I'll stay here and brush my human's teeth.”

Never throwing away a chance to see Rarity, Spike did a mock salute and took off. “I'm on it!” The door closed behind him as he took off. Twilight went back to one more round of brushing her teeth, then spat it out with a mouthful of water. She pat dried her mouth, then went back into her bedroom, spotting the human immediately. He was on the far side of the room, with his back to the wall in an early morning meditation, his mouth moved as he whispered a chant to himself.

Curious on what this morning ritual was, Twilight took silent steps toward him. Ears perked up, she began to hear some noises and moved even closer. They weren't of any language she’d heard of, but she had to admit there was a certain elegance to it, one that even Equis lacked. Now directly in front of him, he continued away. “Sanguis, bellum, mortem, nam in legionem. Sanguis, bellum, morem, nam in legionem.”

Twilight couldn't describe it, she couldn't describe why she felt this way, but something felt very wrong with those words. It made her feel dirty, like she was partaking in some dark ritual that she didn't want to be apart of. Her body was telling her that she had to get away, that she was in danger, that she needed to make a run for it. As he went on and on, that feeling doubled, and then he opened his eyes. Feeling scared, she looked down with her ears flattened. Something told her that violence was sure to follow.

Slowly his hands rose to her face. Just at the thought of his touch she was already beginning to turn red. A lone finger lifted up her chin, and they locked eyes. As soon as it happened, Twilight knew she had no reason to fear them.

With an infectious smile on his, he began scratching Twilight under the chin, she moaned in bliss. Even lifting her chin some more and moving closer. His hand stayed in the same spot as Twilight moved her head, making sure that his odd appendage went over all the right spots. Laughing a bit to herself, she pulled back and put her hoof on his hand. “Well aren't you in an affectionate mood today, hmmm?” Without even thinking about it Twilight moved in closer and kissed him on the cheek, partially touching his lips. It was indented to be a brotherly kiss, like how she would sometimes kiss her brother, but thats not how it played out, she realized that immediately. Turning bright red she looked away, and opened her mouth to explain herself, but then realizing how silly that would be she changed her mind. She watched his curious eyes examine her, watched him tilt his head.

For some reason she found herself caring immensely on how those intelligent looking eyes would watch her. His smile grew, then gently began petting Twilight behind her ears again. 'Oh, if he knew how good that felt,' she thought. Suddenly his hand brushed up against her horn, igniting the sensitive nerve ending there. Then it brushed up against her horn again, and again, and again. 'Oh geeze! I'm getting horn job from a human! I have to stop this right now! Right now! Okay right now! NOW!'

Putting a hoof firmly on her slaves hand she held it down, panting madly. “Okay! Ummm...” The human watched her in confusion, wondering what got her so riled up. “Alright. Alright. That's enough, you charmer you.” She laughed to herself as she backed away. “It's time for you to brush your teeth.” The human, already knowing that phrase got up and started making his way into the washroom. Twilight sighed as she gave him his toothbrush, still recovering from the earlier incident.

Going in little circles the human continued to brush his teeth, oblivious to the needy mare watching his hand work. Just like how Twilight showed him, he gargled with water and spat. For a moment, Twilight's mind went somewhere that wasn't in the gutter. ’You charmer you,’ she echoed in her mind. 'Charmer, that's not a bad name for him. He can be really affectionate and kind when he wants to be.' She watched him clean himself up. 'To delight or please greatly by beauty, attractiveness; to enchant', Twilight recited her inner dictionary.

“Hey come over here.” The slave followed Twilight to her room. As she walked, Twilight considered telling him to rub her horn out. It was rumored that some slavers did that. That the reason attractive looking humans were valued so highly was just for that reason. For a moment Twilight entertained the thought that the reason her human was in his cage naked was just to show off his well-developed penis to the customers. Shaking that thought out of her head she sat down in front of her slave. “Sit,” following the command the human sat cross legged on the floor.

Pointing a hoof to herself, Twilight spoke, “I am, Twilight.”

For a moment the human looked at her as though she had said the most obvious thing in the world. “Yes, Twilight Sparkle.”

“Ah.” Twilight was surprised to see that he understood that she had a last name as well. “Very good, now” -Twilight moved her hoof to him- “You are... Charmer. Charmer. Your name is... Charmer. Understand?”

It looked like he was already starting to understand the concept. He pointed at his master. “Twilight.” She nodded. He pointed to himself. “Cherm?” Before Twilight could correct him, he held out a hand. “Chirm. Kharmer. Charmer... Charmer.”

Twilight nodded, in glee that giving him a name went so smoothly, but her smile quickly disappeared when she saw him look away, seemingly at odds with himself. The slave shook his head. “No, Charmer. I, civis, ahy, wahy, quinque, quator, ef, tee, quator, yoo, nulla, duobus, septem.”

Listening to the whole thing with growing confusion, Twilight could only stare blank faced at him. “Uhh... what?” The strangeness of the situation would only get much, much worse, when the human laughed and turned around and pulled the back of his hair up. He began leaning backwards and showed Twilight some black markings right below where his hair began.

Twilight didn't think much of it until she began making out the neat markings. It Read:

Civis:
IY54-FT4-U027

At first Twilight was furious that the slavers had done something so barbaric as this to her human, but after a moment her head began to clear. 'This isn't a branding.' she told herself. 'I've never even heard of slavers tattooing their slaves, and even if they did, it's impossible to get the marking so clear. Tattooing was invented just a few years ago and they always come out as an ugly indistinguishable blob. This isn't from a spell either. And what the heck does 'Civis' even mean? What the-'

For not being able to see back there the human pointed at the strange word with near perfect accuracy. “Civis,” he began and then lowered his finger and pointed at the I. “Ahy.” Did he just say I.? “Wahy” Twilight's mind reeled. “Quinque, quator.” That's what he calls five and four, she realized. He went on. “Ef, tee.” F. And T. “quator, yoo, nulla, duobus, septem.”

Twilight's mind blanked. This went against everything she learned, this was impossible. Twilight found herself backed up into her bed post. She had no idea how much time has passed, but she saw her human in front of her, snapping his fingers in front of her face. He looked very worried. “Uhhh... Twilight? You good?”

“Why yes I'm fine! Absolutely fine Mr. Civis, ahy, wahy, quinque, quator, ef, tee, quator, yoo, nulla, duobus, septem. Why wouldn't I be!? Yep everything is going so perfectly great! Wouldn't you say it's great!?”

The human meanwhile was leaning back with his hands out in front of him. He pointed at himself. “I, Charmer. Okay?”

Twilight nodded. “Okay, I could call you Charmer. I think thats a good name don't you?”

The human, took a risk. “Y-yes?”

That calmed Twilight down a bit. “Good,” She sighed. “Come on, Charmer. We have so much work to do.” She was already getting her traveling bags out of her closet. “I have to get all my things ready, tell my family and friends about my plans, have fun with my friends, reschedule the rest of my week, give you a bath, reorganize my-” Twilight was cut off by the humans firm, yet relaxing massage on her back. “Oh.” She let him continue for a moment, then looked back. “Thanks, Charmer. I needed that today. I have just so much to do.”

He tilted his head. “No bad, Twilight.”

“...You know a lot of words, for a human. Don't you?” The human's only reply was to play with her ears. “Oh wow, that feels...” And as quickly as it started it stopped. Twilight looked around, now back to her usual self. “C-come on, Charmer. L-lets go see our friends. They're probably waiting for us, a lot to do today.” Nodding, the human followed her out the door and down the hallway. After a while the human took the lead, and Twilight kept taking glances at the back of his head. Knowing full well what was there, but having no idea what to do about it. For now, she would keep it to herself.