• Published 5th Nov 2013
  • 7,618 Views, 213 Comments

Family Mares - SolidFire



Two young mares find out what love really is when they show it to a filly who needs it the most.

  • ...
25
 213
 7,618

Epilogue: Wedding Bells, Part 2

Epilogue: Wedding Bells Part Two

Scootaloo stood in the dressing room of Carousel Boutique. She never thought she'd find herself wearing a dress, but this was a special occasion. It had been fifteen years since she was first taken in by the Dash family. It felt odd that she was about to change her last name for the third time in her life, but it felt right, just like the day she first picked up a guitar. Her career in music had propelled her into a household name in Equestria. At least among the homes of ponies who enjoyed hard rock. Sweetie Belle still held the spotlight over Scoot, but that was to be expected. The lead singer always gets the attention over the other band members.

Iron Pony; initially just a joke among the band members (They had all watched the Iron Pony Competition between Rainbow Dash and Applejack) had become their official name after receiving their record label. Applebloom was their head stage engineer. She set up all their sets and props since their first show back in Ponyville. Both her and Sweetie Belle earned their cutie marks that day, ending the "secret society" known to all as the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

"Scootaloo, this is not the time to get lost in thought."

"Sorry Rarity. It's just been a wild ride, you know?"

"Yes, I do. Are you nervous?"

"No, actually. I'm excited. This is the start of a new life for me. I can't wait to walk down that aisle."

"I'm almost sad that I have to hand you over today. At least you found yourself a good stallion," Rainbow chimed in. Scootaloo had asked Rainbow to hand her off to her fiance because Rainbow had always played more of the 'father figure' role in Scootaloo's life after she moved in with the Dash family.

"Look at you. All grown up on your wedding day. I can't wait to see the look on his face when he sees you up there." Spitfire was oh so near to tears from the joy filling her heart. She had never expected to watch her daughter get married before taking Scootaloo in. She and Rainbow had never made any plans to adopt before they found her. It was then that Sweetie Belle walked in.

"Wow Scoot, you look amazing!"

"Thanks Sweetie Belle."

"Nervous?"

"Nah. I'm going to be married after this. No matter what goes wrong out there today, I'll still be married to him tonight."

"The night after the wedding is the fun part. Frankly, I wouldn't have minded skipping the ceremony and going straight for that," Rainbow chimed in.

"Yeah, honestly, the whole wedding thing is sweet, but in the end I had a lot more fun tasting the-"

"Mom, sorry to cut you off, but I don't really want to hear about you guys' sexual endeavors." Scootaloo loved her parents deeply, but she wouldn't have minded if they were a little more reserved about their bedroom life.

"Anyway, I came in hear to fulfill my duty as Mare of Honor and tell you that you need to get your flank out there because everypony is waiting on you to start." Sweetie Belle had always been very direct.

"Well Scoot, I'm about to complete my final duty as your mom." Rainbow offered a foreleg. "Shall we?" Scootaloo wrapped her foreleg around her mother's. They stepped outside into the Ponyville town square. Despite her fame, Scootaloo and the band had always been able to find peace and privacy in the small town. It's why they continued to live there after they began raking in bits for their music. Scootaloo walked down the aisle and stood in front of her fiance. This was where her life had taken her. This is where it would begin anew.

Fluttershy had her birds singing beautifully. She had become better at arranging music with them since she married Soarin. But Scootaloo didn't hear it. As far as she was concerned, the world was empty save for her and her fiance. This was where her life would truly begin. Everything she had endured to this point had made her the mare she was. Everything she had endured made her the mare that the stallion in front of her had fallen in love with. In this moment, she knew that her life was complete.

Author's Note:

Well guys and gals, that is it for the first story. I'll be posting up the other stories as well, taking a bit of time to edit them and re-format them. I hope you all enjoyed having this back on the site! Below is the original Author's note from the story, just with his name removed.

Author's note:
I never expected to have this much fun writing a fanfic. I was expecting that I would start it, get poor reviews, and scrap the idea. If it weren't for all of you who read this and kept wanting more I wouldn't have saw the project through. I want to thank all of you for coming with me on this ride. And I want to ask you to stay tuned to find out what happens in between the last two chapters. I will be releasing two sequels to Family Mares that will fill the void. I would also like to ask for some assistance. I am no artist. If somepony would like to draw me some cover art for my next two stories, please send me a private message to my account here on FIMfiction.net.

With Love and Tolerance,
__________

Comments ( 38 )

But who married her? WHO DUN IT. Anyways, good story, thoroughly enjoyed it.

3593161
The answer, my dear friend, shall be shown in the sequel, which I shall be posting come Monday.

~SolidFire

Good story, I'm sooooooo happy that there is a sequel.

Everything she had endured made her the mare that the stallion in front of her had fallen in love with. In this moment, she knew that her life was complete.

Me: ???..... :twilightangry2::twilightangry2::twilightangry2:

:fluttercry:dear god this story
after wipping the tears on my face i can say i loved every aspect of it aside from the fact that rainbow got raped and specially since it was one of those jackasses that bullied her
all the if you have contact with the author tell he led me on an amazing tale
:fluttercry::fluttercry:

3596827>>3595431>>3593591>>3593161 :scootangel: loves me

3558215
I assume its because in this story Dash and Spitfire are lesbians
And the original writer is if I remember a devout Christian
And Christianity is against gays and lesbians
Because it goes again the teachings of the bible

Give the author my thanks. I love this story and anxiously await more on the sequel:twilightsmile:

I am so happy. I read this the first time it was up and I was heartbroken when the author quit and his stories removed. This is one of my favorite stories. I am so thankful you got this put up!

I FOUND IT! YES!!!

I've been trying to find this story(and its sequel) for the last couple of months since I noticed that I didn't have them faved anymore.

Thank you for reposting this! Though wasn't there a third story aswell?

3667777
Yes, there is a third story. I'll be posting that up once I finish posting this one. I'm glad that you enjoyed the story.

~SolidFire

3630320 wonder why he'd begin writing this if he was going to get squicked out by it later on...

3679132
Dunno
He could have found religion after writing

3687729 Possible, I s'pose.

3667782
If you could tell the original right that it was ok but heavily lacking in many many many places tell him he could have done so much more with this story and make sure he knows I'm not that good at writing either but I'm just trying to make him the best he can be.
P.S. if its a he change all the he's to hers. /)

3865868
The idea for wingboners is rather appeasing to me. They're my headcanon for excitement or arousal in a pegasus.

~SolidFire

Okay Solidfire, you weren't joking this was a REALLY good story to read!:pinkiehappy: Seriously I loved it!:heart:

3884160
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. It was one of the first things I read when I came onto this site, and it still remains one of my personal favorites.

~SolidFire

3885368 It's definitely gonna stay on my faves list, actually brings my opinion of Scoots up 100% more...fave Crusader but still...:scootangel: Fears of Yesterday is next sequel correct? :pinkiehappy:

3886431
Yessir, The Fears Of Yesterday is the next story. I'm working on editing the third sequel, but school has really become a pain, so I don't even know when I'll be able to post it.

~SolidFire

3886911 Oh noes!:pinkiegasp:
Then again I know what that can be like...:twilightsheepish:
I'll get to it as soon as I take care of posting to my story Shooting Stars...I feel it may get more notice with another chapter...but that is just me :trollestia: Anyways you take care of yourself Solidfire!:rainbowdetermined2:

3842331 Sorry, not the real mandopony. I didn't actually know there was a musician with the same name till someone on fimfic brought it to my attention.

4334087
It was one of the first stories I ever read. It is what gave me my OTP, SpitDash. Now I just need to post the next story...

~SolidFire

I literally almost cries reading this story like seven times. I finally cried when Scoots said (Spoilers) " You should see the other guy.) Seriously. So well written.

I remember reading this story a long time ago. It's awesome that I found it again! :pinkiehappy:

4806448
I'm glad it's back on the sight. I was scared witless when it was taken down.

~SolidFire

Thanks for putting this up...the original author had to bring religiosity to the fuzzy wuzzies.

5044832
Would you mind editing out the name? I know most people know who he is, but still. And you're welcome for getting it back up. I'm glad I was able to.

~SolidFire

It's a shame the status of such a fantastic story had to be dictated by someone else. If you wouldn't mind, could you pose a question to the original author? I'd like to know how many commandments he/she is going to let dictate how he/she thinks. Oh, and tell him/her that I enjoyed it thoroughly.

5164290
The original author has pretty much left this site. Their profile remains, but they haven't been online for a very long time.

~SolidFire

I swear im going to start copying down every fanfic i love and saving them out of the fear they will "dis-appear"...

Iron Pony

So would this be what Iron Pony is referring to by any chance?

Is this story well...really sad? I normally don't read sad, tragidy or something like that. :fluttercry:

6163239
There are some sad themes and moments, yes, but for the most part it's not sad.

~SolidFire

6163517 oh okay, thank you. :))

6182319
This mental scarring brought to you by The Real McCoy!

5864942
No pies!

As demonstrated by this video, pies are obviously superior to muffins! :rainbowlaugh::pinkiecrazy: Whatcha talking about NSFW?! That wasn't NSFW! That was several healthy minutes devoted to pie! :scootangel:

AH WHO IS SCOOTALOO MARRIED TO .

Login or register to comment