• Published 30th Oct 2013
  • 1,891 Views, 7 Comments

Lone Wolf - Bronyraptor26



My name is Howler, most ponies ignore my existence. One day weird things started happening to me. My teeth became sharp and my eyes changed colors. Will somepony help me.

  • ...
4
 7
 1,891

My life sucks

Lone wolf

​“LOOK WE FINALLY GOT THEM!” a white unicorn yelled in front of everyone in the middle of class started everypony crowded around the three excited fillies except for one who sat in the far back right hand corner of the class room.

“This means everypony in our class has their cutiemark.” Miss Cheerilee said.

​ Actually that wasn’t true the colt in the corner of the classroom not celebrating and instead sketching that’s me. My name is Howler, I have a whitish gray coat, bright green eyes, messy black mane that covered my left eye and hung in my right eye. I’m also a unicorn and I don’t have my cutie mark yet. Most ponies ignore my existence even Miss Cheerilee, I also don’t have family or any friends my life pretty much sucks.

“Sorry Howler I forgot that you still don’t have your cutie mark.” Miss Cheerilee said as she noticed that I wasn’t with the other ponies. I just remained silent and kept drawing hoping this day would end soon.

“Ya’ll are invited to our party after school today at Sugar Cube Corner.” A yellow earth pony said excitedly just as the bell rung.

​I packed my backpack and left for home. Not that it was actually mine, it was abandoned several years ago. My home currently was a mansion without heat or electricity or warm water, and it was in the middle of a field not too far from the Evergreen Forest. I fish from the nearby pond and cook the fish as best as I can; normally though I just end up burning it but it’s better than starving so I live with it. I have to wear the same clothes everyday as well they consisted of blue jeans, a black t-shirt and hoodie, black and white tennis shoes, socks, and a necklace with yin and yang on it. I sort of consider it to be my lucky charm I guess.

“HEY BLANK FLANK COMME ON OUT.” A pony yelled I knew who it was Snips and Snails they liked to pick on me. As I walked out I was immediately tackled by Snips. Who proceeded to beat me up. Eventually they left me I had bruises on my face and I couldn’t feel my arm. I limped to school the next day.

“Hey blank flank.” Snips said at that moment something snapped I tackled him and started beating him until Miss Cheerilee pulled me off.

“Howler what has gotten into you.” Miss Cheerilee said as she let go of me. Instead of answering her I ran back home wishing that everypony would just forget that I existed so I could finally be alone. I went to sleep soon after wards. When I woke up the next day I looked on my shoulder there was a wolf howling at the moon on it. I went to the mirror to see how it looked on me and I noticed that wasn’t the only thing that changed. My ears and teeth looked like a wolfs as well. My hair had changed to it was shorter instead of covering my eyes it barley hung in them and it also stuck up a little in some areas. My eyes changed color as well from green to yellow.

​ As I walked into school that day I hid my face underneath my hood.
“Howler you know the rules loose the hood.” Miss Cheerilee said she obviously still mad at me for skipping school yesterday and beating up Snips.

I slowly took my hood off and immediately a pony had something smart to say about how I looked. “Hey look he isn’t even a pony anymore he’s more of wolf.” He said and he was right.

“No he’s more a wolf boy.” Diamond tiara said and that name stuck and soon the whole town knew I was a freak or at least their parents did anyways.

“That’s enough from you now leave him alone.” Miss Cheerilee yelled over the class. The class quieted down. After school I ran into Princess Twilight Sparkle accidently knocking her stack of books down.

“Sorry are you alright.” She asked me I nodded as I helped pick up her books.

“Say could you help carry those to the library.” She asked I had nothing better to do so I nodded.
As we entered the library a baby purple dragon came and got the books from Twilight.

“Twilight who’s this kid.” The dragon asked.

“What’s your name.” Twilight asked me.

“My name is Howler.” I responded still nervous about taking off my hood.

“Thank you for helping me. The dragon’s name is Spike. You know you could take off the hood somepony’s consider it rude when a pony has their hood on in the presence of royalty.” Twilight said I took off my hood.

“You look like a..a…..a.” Twilight stuttered.

“Wolf.” Spike said.

​I put my hood back on. “Where are your parents.” Twilight asked.

“They abandoned me.” I responded.

“Well its getting dark out how about you stay here for the night.” Twilight said trying to take in what she had just heard.

“I guess.” I said still pondering about what to do and why I looked like this.

“Twilight we heard ya needed some help with the new books.” An orange earth pony said with three apples for a cutie mark.

“Do we have to?” The white unicorn from earlier whined.

“Sorry but we all have to chip in; and besides with all of us working together I doubt that it is going to take us long.” An older white unicorn said who I assumed was her mother.

“Who’s the kid in the hood.” A rainbow manned Pegasus asked.

“This is Howler he’s staying with me tonight.” Twilight said.

“He’s clothes are worn and torn surely he has a family or something Twilight to get back to.” The older white unicorn said trying to make a point on why I couldn’t stay.

“He told me that his parents abandoned him and he doesn’t know if he has other family members.” Twilight said.

“Well he should at least take off his hood before the others arrive.” The older white unicorn said.

“Howler if you wouldn’t mind taking off your hood it would be much appreciated.” Twilight said just as a yellow Pegasus and a pink hyper active earth pony came in.

I remained silent and kept my hood on covering my face.
“Wait I know you.” An orange pegasus said as if she had been thinking about it for a long time. “You’re the colt who beat up Snips the other day.”

“You’re also the colt who always sits in the back corner and eats by yourself.” The yellow earth pony said.

“Aren’t you the only pony in class who doesn’t have their cutie mark.” The white unicorn said.

“Yes I am.” I said.

“How about you take off your hood so we can see what you look like.” The yellow Pegasus said sheepishly. I took off my hood revealing my ears, teeth, mane, and eyes.

“Snips was right you do look like a wolf.” The orange pegasus said as she bursted out laughing.

“Shut up.” I said harshly she immediately stopped.

“Twilight can we uhh talk to you in the kitchen.” The orange earth pony said.

“Yeah sure Applejack.” Twilight said as she and the other grownups walked into the kitchen.

I put my hood back on and walked out of the library when nopony was looking. I started to head home which meant walking by the forest. As I walked by the forest I could hear timberwolves growling and walking close to edge by the road. I didn’t realize it at first but it was a full moon, I looked up t and then a sharp pain shot up through my body. I could feel my bones changing and my tail stiffening. My face began to change as well, it began to grow longer. Claws sprouted from my shoes or what was left of them. They also sprouted from fingers which also began to grow longer. Muscle started to develop in my legs, arms, and chest. My spine elongated.

​ Eventually the pain stopped I stood up and tried to walk, I fell flat on my face. Next I tried walking on all fours, I looked at my hands they had claws and were larger. I ran on all fours until I came across a crystal clear lake. I looked at my reflection my fur had changed from whitish grey to pitch black. My cutie mark was still on shoulder but I didn’t have my horn anymore and standing up I was a good two feet taller. But the shocker was I looked like a wolf and on all fours about the my normal size.

“HOWLER.” Twilight yelled out I couldn’t let her see me like this especially with those three fillies around her. I heard screaming it came from their direction; I could smell timberwolves in the same area. I decided to see what was going on.
When I found Twilight she was with her friends and the three fillies; and they were surrounded by five timberwolves. I saw the orange pegesas look around for something on the floor I was guessing rocks.

“Rarity I’m scared.” The white unicorn said. For some reason I decided to help I jumped down this caused the timberwolves to look in my direction. I growled, showed my teeth and stood up. This caused the timberwolves to run off. Twilight conjured up a light using her horn. I ran off before she could even see me.

The next day I went to school. Fortunately for me I had found some more clothes the night before. They were basically the same except my t-shirt was now sleeveless.

“And it was huge.” The white unicorn said

“And it scared off the timberwolves.” The yellow earth pony said.

“Hey everypony look who has their cutie mark.” Snips said. Great I thought just what I needed today.

“hmm it means he’s good with nothing.” Diamond tiara said

“What’s with his coat its all rough.” Silver spoon said.

So I went home before school ended I couldn't put up with all the ponies picking on me.