• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 6,909 Views, 115 Comments

Turnabout Reunion - unleashedtwilight



It's been about eight years since Phoenix proved Rainbow Dash's innocence. And a lot has happened during that time. Not just for Phoenix, but for the Ponies as well.

  • ...
14
 115
 6,909

Part 2 A Shattered Heart

Down The Street From Police Station

June 9th, 2:15PM

“This looks like the place…” Athena said looking at the crime scene. “Hmm… It looks like he was killed near this fence…”

“Yeah but where’s the murder weapon?” I asked looking around.

“I don’t know… maybe--...”

In Justice we trust!!” Detective Fulbright interrupted.

“Gah!!” Athena jumped. “Don’t you ever get tired of saying that!?”

“Ah! If it isn’t Phoenix Wright and Athena!” Fulbright exclaimed. “I take it you’ve accepted the request of the defendant?”

“Uh… yeah.” I said rubbing the back of my head. “Say, you wouldn’t happen to be carrying the murder weapon would you?”

“But of course! We needed to get it analyzed for fingerprints and a DNA test.”

Pocket knife added to Court Record
It has the defendant’s fingerprints and the victim’s blood on it

“So, how’s the investigation going Mr. Fulbright?” Athena asked.

“Fantastic! Although…”

“What is it?” Athena asked.

“Prosecutor Blackquill gave me specific instructions not to say a word about the investigation to anyone… especially you, Wright.”

Figures he would only make the investigation harder on us… why can’t things ever just go smoothly for a change?

“But detective Fulbright!” Athena exclaimed. “You know just as well as I do that we serve for Justice too! Or did you already forget?”

“Ahhhh!!” Fulbright exclaimed freaking out. “No of course not! How could I forget??”

“Then wouldn’t it be a smart idea to give us some intel?” Athena said with a smug grin.

“Well, I suppose if it’s for Justice’s sake…” he cleared his throat. “Based on the autopsy report, Mr. Sentry’s death happened yesterday at around 2:00PM. He was believed to be returning home from one of his classes…”

Autopsy report added to Court Record
Death at 2:00PM
Cause of death: Stab in the chest with a pocket knife

“How can you be so sure he was coming from a class?” I asked.

“We were in contact with his parents this morning, and they confirmed that he took a Criminal justice course in college. And his class ended at around 1:45PM.”

“1:45PM…” I said. “That gave the killer about 15 minutes to get him…”

“Yes and that girl will pay dearly for her crime!” Fulbright said confidently.

“Uh… well…” I started. “Just for curiosity sake… do you really think it was her?”

“Of course I do! Just look at her! She even looks evil!”

“Please don’t tell me you arrested her for looks…”

“Haven’t you been listening? I told you an analysis had shown the defendant's fingerprints on the murder weapon!”

“But didn’t she say she lost it last month?” Athena asked.

Fulbright sighed. “You defense attorney’s really do put too much faith into your clients.”

“It’s our job to put faith in our client!” I exclaimed catching Fulbright off guard. “And I’m going to do everything it takes to prove Sunset Shimmer’s innocence!”

Fulbright was silent for a moment. “Very well, investigate all you want here, I have to touch base with prosecutor Blackquill.” with that Fulbright made his leave.

“That man is a real mystery…” Athena sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wright Anything Agency

June 9th, 2:26PM

“It’s… a pleasure to meet all of you.” Mia said looking at the humanized equines. “Princess Celestia has told me a lot about all of you.”

Apollo could help but hold his mouth open agape. “You… you mean it’s all true!?”

Mia just giggled at him. “Yes Apollo, it’s true… and if you don’t believe me, you can even ask the judge.”

“Huh?” Apollo tilted his head. “Why would the judge know about this?”

“Because Twilight here transported him to Equestria as well.” Celestia smirked.

Apollo just stood there dumbfounded… I would be too if I were in his shoes… oh wait… I am dumbfounded… “This is… beyond unbelievable…” I sighed.

“Don’t worry Twilight, Phoenix was having trouble believing this too.” Mia giggled. “After working with Maya for so long, it just became natural to him.” Mia paused for a moment. “Where is Phoenix by the way? shouldn’t he be here?”

“Actually, that’s what we were thinking…” I scratched my head. “But he wasn’t here when we came.”

“I guess we’ll have to wait for him here then.” Maya said.

“Yeah I guess you’re right……. wait… what happened to Mia??”

“Oh!” Maya started. “The channeling technique doesn’t usually last very long. I usually just channel my sister when I need her help.” Maya smiled. “She used to always help Nick in his trials when he first became an attorney.”

“I would imagine…” Just as I was lost in thought, we all turned our attention to the opening door.

“I just don’t understand it… who could the real killer be? There must've been something we missed…” Athena said as Phoenix followed her in.

“I don’t know… but we’ll have to do a thorough investigation before the trial starts tomorrow.” he responded.

“Yeah, otherwise Prosecutor Blackquill will cut us down for sure…”

“Hey!” I exclaimed without even thinking.

“Huh?” Phoenix said looking at me. “Hey… haven’t I seen you before?”

“Phoenix!” Athena exclaimed. “That picture the defendant gave us!”

“Oh right!” Phoenix said taking out a picture and comparing it to me. “There’s no mistaking it, the description of this photo matches perfectly.”

“Uh… hey Phoenix.” Apollo cut in. “These girls said they know you…”

“Apollo? Trucy..?” Phoenix said then turned his attention to--... “M-Maya!?” he exclaimed. “W-what are you doing here??”

“Apollo and Trucy invited me to come and visit! Seriously Nick, is that anyway to greet a friend after eight years?” Maya giggled.

“Wait wait wait…” Phoenix said holding his head. “I need time to process this… who exactly are all these girls?” Phoenix asked. “The only girl I’ve seen is this one from the picture my client gave me.”

“Your client? Who’s your client?” I asked.

Phoenix pulled out a file. “Her name is… uh… Sunset Shimmer…”

……

“Did… you just say…” I started.

“Sunset Shimmer!?!?!” Celestia exclaimed.

“You both know her…?”

I knew it! i knew there was something wrong!!

“Oh man…” Rainbow Dash started. “I never thought i’d hear about her again…”

“Hey… haven’t I seen you somewhere before too…?” Phoenix asked.

“You could say that.” Rainbow said. “But it was around my home ‘Nix’.”

“Nix…?” Phoenix started. But then his eyes went into complete shock and disbelief. “N-no… it can’t be…!!!”

“Huh…? so… you actually do know them??” Apollo asked.

“R-...Rainbow Dash?!?!” Phoenix exclaimed.

“The one and only!” Rainbow smirked.

Phoenix looked back at me still in shock. “Then.. that means… TWILIGHT!?”

“eheheh… it’s good to see you again Mr. Wright…” I said rubbing the back of my head.

“H-how are you here??? and as humans!??”

“I believe that would be my doing…” Celestia said walking to him. “They asked to visit you… and to be honest I’ve been thinking the same thing.”

Phoenix just shook his head. “L-look, I’ll question this later… you girls came at a wrong time…”

“I heard… Sunset Shimmer is being accused of murder.” Twilight sighed. “But I don’t understand… the elements of harmony should have changed her to good… there’s no way she could have killed anyone.”

"So you actually know her then?"

"Of course, she used to live in Equestria."

Phoenix sighed. "So I'm basically defending another pony then...?"

"Yeah that's right..." I sighed.

"You okay?"

"Yeah it's just..." I paused thinking for a moment. "I can't help but feel like something really bad--..." I stopped myself. "Wait... In this case you're trying to solve, who's the victim...?"

“I have a copy of the autopsy report if you want to see it.” Phoenix said handing me the report.

“This is just really bizarre… and I thought Fulbright was strange.” Athena said.

I looked over the autopsy report and… and… “W..w..what…” i said as tears began to form in my eyes.

“Huh…?” Phoenix started. “What is it?”

“Is something wrong Twilight…?” Celestia asked.

Some of my tears fell onto the report...I couldn’t speak… all I let out was... “F...Flash…”

“T-twilight...?” Phoenix said getting confused.

I just collapsed on to the floor… “N...No…” That’s when I lost it… “NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!” I just screamed in tears. “He can’t be dead!! He just can’t be!!” I was faced down against the floor with everyone looking at me lost and confused.. “I loved him…”

Everyone around me… including my friends just went into shock at what I had just said. “Y...you were in love with him…?” Celestia asked.

“Y-yes… when I first came into this world,I was trying to get my crown back from Sunset Shimmer when she stole it…” I breathed heavily. “If it weren’t for Flash Sentry, I would’ve never been able to get my crown back… he helped me so much…” I clutched my hands into fists as more tears dripped. “He didn’t deserve to die this way!!!” I screamed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh man… This is even worse than I thought… even worse than when I was in Equestria… this time she actually lost someone she loved… “Twilight…” I started and she looked up at me. “Don’t worry… I’m going to find out who the real killer is so we can bring him or her to justice… and clear Sunset Shimmers name.” I could then see Twilight clenching her hands in a fist… and looking angrier than I’ve ever seen before.

“I’m going to help you…” She stated.

“Twilight…” Apollo started. “I think it would be best if you just leave it to--...”

“NO!!” Twilight retorted scaring Apollo a little. “I’m going to find the real killer if it’s the last thing I do!”

“Twilight…” Celestia said feeling bad herself.

“But first… there’s someone I need to visit first…”

“Who…?” I asked a little nervous.

“Sunset Shimmer… I want to hear exactly what she saw.”

“I’ll go with you if you’d like… that is… only if you want me to.” Apollo offered.

Twilight just looked at him for a moment but she nodded in agreement. “Thank you Apollo…”

“While you two are speaking to her, me and Athena are going to be doing some thorough investigation.” I said placing a hand on Twilight’s shoulder. “Don’t worry… we will catch the real culprit to this case Twilight…”

“P-Phoenix…” Twilight let out. And without warning she wrapped her arms around me and cried holding onto me tight. I just placed a hand on her head.

“It’s alright… I know what it’s like to lose someone you care about…” I looked into her eyes. “I will find the real killer… that’s a promise…” she slowly let go of me.

“Thank you Phoenix…” she was able to let out. “You’ve… really done so much for me and my friends…”

Author's Note:

Everytime... Everytime I write something like this, I start crying myself... Anyways, Twilight now knows the truth about Flash Sentry... Find out what happens next time... Cya everyone.