• Published 27th Oct 2013
  • 1,483 Views, 16 Comments

We're Near Tha Same Princess - Moustache Queen



Princess Luna had a horrible fate a thousand years ago, transforming into Nightmare Moon, banishment, losing her friend to the gears of time. And when she has returned, ponies still fear her, all but one, one who is much like Luna.....Applejack

  • ...
0
 16
 1,483

And I Am Happy For That

-----------------------------------------------------------

1000 years ago, two Alicorn's that shared a bond fought, they clashed and injured each other so much. The oldest was the controller of the sun, with her brilliant magic she created blasts of unimaginable power. The youngest was the controller of the moon, with her powerful wings she dodged even the deadliest of spells without even trying. Luna and Celestia, both rulers of Equestria fought. For Power, Rule, Anger..and Love. The cause of this fight was Luna's hatred for the sun and her sister. The Ponies of Equestria always loved her more than Luna when they should of been treated as equals!

Now only rage and revenge filled Luna's heart, she couldn't escape the horrifying fate she had coursed her path into.








No, she was made to do this! She was born to do this! She will rule Equestria! She will show those pathetic sun-loving Ponies that the moon deserved JUST AS MUCH! She will be written down in legends! Spoken because of her supremely and love for all her subjects! She will overthrow the fiery so-called deamon sister and became QUEEN OF EQUESTRIAN! She will become...





NIGHTMARE MOON!

-----------------------------------------------


The moon shimmered and sparked in the dark sky, the stars twinkled and shinned brightly by the shinning moon. The dark night was beautiful one stargazer could say. The soft wind blowed below the silky moon, softly brushing any object that is passed. The trees rattled softly as the wind blew past, the rivers and ponds rippled as the wind blew either into it, or just above it to just touch the reflecting water.

The hills of Equestria was still, only by the faint soft breezes of the wind did it move. Shadows only crawled by the forests, never by the hills, no they cannot, for where will they hide when the sun will come up? The sun burns them, hates them, kills them. The Shadows hate this, so they hide. Hide from the fiery goddess that was so called ruler of Equestria.

Among the shadow-less hills was a lone figure. A lone pony. A lone Alicorn.

Her star-filled mane blew softly in the soft rare breeze, the sparkling blue and purple mane swished and flicked as the breeze hit it. The Alicorn stared blankly at the stars, it ignored everything around it, why would she? There was nothing. Around for miles, nothing but grass, hills, and the night sky above her.

The Alicorn was Luna, Princess Luna, ruler of the Night and Dreams. Preventer of Nightmares, Lordess of Flight, and....Hatred..

Luna sighed, her dark blue eyes sparked in sorrow.

"Luna please! This isn't you!" A beautiful Alicorn pleaded.

"Isn't me? Isn't me? ISN'T ME?!" Luna screamed.

"You have anyways been the favourite! Always! Why can't we have the light like yours? No! We have the dark! We have the hate! We have the fear! PONIES ALWAYS LOVED YOU CELESTIA!" Luna added, flapping her wings in anger.

"Luna please! Ponies will die if you continue! I don't wanna hurt you! PLEASE!" The Alicorn known as Celestia, begged.

"Never, say goodbye up to your precious light...and you're sun-loving ponies!" Luna crackled.

"LUNA NO!"

Luna sighed, yes she was a monster, yes she was a scary feared monster in all of Equestria. But she was restored wasn't she? She was freed from the darkness that corrupted her wasn't she? So did the Ponies still fear her? Yes, but the sun-loving Ponies tried to hide their fear when she comes, for they think she will take their Filly's away, for they think she will snatch then up and fly onto the air and drop them, sending them to their demise. For they think, she will never change

Why would Celestia let them believe that? Luna thought

Because she did, Luna, she always hated you, after what you've done, do you think she will forgive you that easily? A thought at the back of Luna's head replied.

Luna shuddered at the memory.

"See Celestia, this is what happens to ponies who defy me.." Luna spat, pointing at the bloody corpse of the torn filly.

Celestia, sobbed, tears flowing down her soft pretty face. Luna smiled in triumph, she had broken her sister, nothing shall stop her now..

"Before I go Celestia.." Luna began, lifting the Alicorn's head up with her starry mane.

"Know this.."

Luna leaned her head until she reached Celestia's ear.

"No matter how hard you try, no matter how hard you fight, even good ponies, can be corrupted" Luna whispered.

Celestia just sobbed, smirking Luna spun around walked away.

No not Luna, Luna is gone now, evaporated. The mare that began to walk away from the broken Sun Ruler, began to smirk, her dark blue fur slowly turning to the colour of the dark sky, her dark blue eyes turning green. Her eyes turning into slits. Metal began to form around the nameless mare, blue armour, perfect for a Princess-No...Queen!

Yes, she will rule Equestria, she will rule it well. Yes a good ruler needed a powerful and fearful name to send chills up their enemies spines..

Celestia disappeared behind the nameless Alicorn, the Alicorn smiled and lifted her head to the sun-filled day, soon it will become a Nightmare..

Yes...that's it...Her name..yes her name shall be..

Nightmare Moon

Luna sighed, flattening her ears in sorrow, she had killed many ponies a thousand years ago. Heck, whatever that word means, but Luna heard the mare Rainbow Dash say it numerous times, Discord didn't even kill anyone. Sombra, well, he only imprisoned ponies. Luna sighed once more, maybe she deserved to be locked in stone, or send away to the ice. Discord and Sombra alike wasn't evil as much as Nightmare Moon in Luna's matter, even Celestia's matter for moonlight's sake!

Luna sighed once more, lifting her muzzle to the starry skies once more. It seemed the hills were her only comfort, to admit, Luna never really knew where in part of Equestria where these hills at, all she knew that it brought her peace and for once, happiness in her sorrowful life.

For a while silence entered both Luna's mind and her surroundings, her attention was fixed on her night, her creation. The stars swirled and danced before her, taunting her to join them. Luna sighed, no she couldn't join them, she was immortal, she could only give mortal ponies the rare offer to join her stars, her night.

"Princess?" Came a soft voice.

Luna felt her eyes widen, her legs and while body froze, stiff as a board. The soft echoing steps of hooves entered Luna's ears, slowly, out of the corner out of her eyes appeared a figure.

It was a near-full grown Earth Pony mare, her fur colour bright as the orange sunny flames, her blond mane flowing out of a brown hat, her green eyes looked at Luna with concern.

Luna felt herself reel back into her memories, yes she had seen this mare before, yes, Applejack Element Of Honesty, Luna's once element. Luna smiled at that memory, yes she was always truthful in her past as well as now.

Regaining her mobility, Luna turned her head around to get a full view of the Elemental Bearer before her. Luna could feel a dark thought inside her brain as she gazed at the sun coloured pony, yes she looked so much like her sister's precious sun. Oh how Luna wanted to block that colourful ponies colours and replace it with Luna's own exotic colours of her beautiful night.

And yet, immortals can't do everything. Sighing Luna turned her gaze into the sky once more.

The mare cocked her head in confusion, shrugging she began to turn away when Luna spoke, not in canterlot voice by the mare's surprise.

"Do you not wish to speak to us?" Luna asked.

Applejack froze, not in fear, but in confusion. Yes she did kinda was to talk to the Princess about why she was here, but hay, do you see a all powerful immortal in your fields everyday? I shall think not.

Turning around Applejack walked right next to Luna and sat down on the grassy floor.

Luna blinked, still gazing at the stars, but aware of Honesty's Bearers presence, honestly to say, Luna was expecting Applejack to not of heard her and kept walking, or, run in fear of her voice.

"Ya'll okay Princess? Lookin a bit pale on that face of yers" Applejack asked.

Luna froze, Applejack's voice never really was heard by Luna that much, why would she? The other Elemntal Bearer's always barged in when Applejack was to speak, especially either the genarous one called Rarity, or the loyal one called Rainbow Dash. The mane six seemed to always be in front of Applejack, being more important than her...a bit like..

A bit like...me? Luna blinked.

"Just lookin at thou stars dear Applejack" Luna added quickly, remembering Applejack's presence.

Silence..

For a bit, until Applejack narrowed her eyes and spoke in her soft accent once more.

"Ah can tell a lie Princess, ah can deal with a problem involving a secret you don't wanna share, but ah can't stand liars" Applejack replied.

Luna blinked again, never before had she seen a mare, no even a pony stand up to her like this. Was she being stupid or brave? Didn't she know that Luna could just obliterate her with a flash of her horn?

And yet, she stood up...and she didn't look stupid, she looked, well, brave.

"Thou did know we were lying?" Luna asked, finally turning her gaze to the southern mare.

"Element Of Honesty, Princess, mighty useful when dealin with liars and no good cheaters" Applejack shrugged.

"You wear your Element well dear Applejack" Luna replied, smiling softly.

"Well, it's not like every day, y'all bit given a necklase and the weight of Equestria in yah hooves" Applejack sighed.

"Thou not want to wear the necklase?" Luna blinked.

"It's not that Princess it's just, when y'all hit a break from the chaos that roams around the parts?" Applejack joked.

Luna laughed, her soft voice echoed throughout the hills, Applejack smiled and turned her gaze at the stars as Luna laughed. After a few minutes Luna gained her breath, holding her hoof out of wait she gulped and spoke once more.

"Yes, Equestria isn't always a perfect life nor do we live in one honest Applejack" Luna admitted.

"Well, do we ever want a easy life?" Applejack asked.

"We shall think not" Luna sighed.

Silence grew again, both mares looked at the stars once more, Luna smiled as Applejack watched the stars float across the skies. The moon shimmering it's silky shine, and watching the soft breeze crashing against Applejack softly, sending her golden mane blowing into the wind.

Then a question filled Luna's head, clawing her to ask it. So she gave in and asked the question.

"Applejack?" Luna began.

"Hmm?" Applejack replied, turning her gaze to Luna.

"Why thou pushed more thou Fluttershy?" Luna asked.

"Can yeh explain ah bit more please? Ah'm not much of a understander on yeh fancy language, pardon my words though" Applejack replied.

"We mean, you seem to be at thou background, you always pushed aside and put somewhere else, while, the other Bearers seem to have more attention than thou do" Luna explained.

Applejack was silent, Luna imedialty began to regret what she said. Had she hurt the mare's heart? Had she hurt her spirit? Had she hurt her so much that she will explode at Luna and maybe attack her?

But the mare just breathed in and spoke three words.

"It's just life" Applejack sighed.

"Thou explain this time?" Luna asked.

"Ah know I'm a background pony, more than Lyra or Vinyl, heck even Octavia. Ah know I'm important in defence and workin, ah know ah'm the pony that most ponies come to, and yet I'm ignored, sometimes hated. But ah don't mind that, it's just tha way life and fate make mah life and existence" Applejack explained, brushing her hoof gently on the grassy floor.

Luna hung her mouth open, but forced it back shut just before Applejack could see her. By Odin's beard this mare was like her in near every way. True she was hated, so was Applejack, true she was ignored long ago, Applejack is now, in near every way Applejack was like her.

"You remind us of somepony we used to know" Luna smiled.

"You?" Applejack asked.

Luna gasped.

"Just ah guess" Applejack shrugged.

"Y-yes, we were like that long ago" Luna spluttered, shocked of Applejack's guess.

"Then we're tha same Princess, both ponies who are lookin for attention or maybe even a good accomplishment that shows us in society, makin us realised and loved" Applejack smiled.

"You are a interesting mare Applejack" Luna blinked.

"And ah'm happy for that complement, and ah'm happy for yeh" Applejack smiled.

"Happy for what?" Luna asked.

"At least yeh have a way to be recognised" Applejack sighed.

"No Applejack" Luna smiled, placing her hoof on Applejack's shoulder.

"We both will"



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

74 years after the conversation on the hill

Luna walked forwards, her hooves shaking with every step she took, the ponies ran about behind her, quickly to heal their patiences. The door loomed over Luna like a tower of death, she could feel a faint life force in the room.

Gaining her courage Luna pushed the door open with her magical aura, to reveal..

A small orange and grey coloured mare in a small hospital bed, her heart rate monitor beeping slower by the minute. The mare flicked her ears and turned her head to Luna, smiling as she saw the Princess.

"Well howdy Princess, nice meetin yeh here eh?" Applejack joked.

Beep..beep..beep..

Applejack looked like she had better days, she had a soft fuzzy grey mane replacing her beautiful golden yellow that Luna once saw. Her green eyes were dimly lit, but sparkling with happiness and sorrow. The mare's tiny body, almost looked like a ant to Luna, so could easily wipe Applejack away like a hoof and a bug.

But seeing her friend like this?

Slowly tears began to fall from Luna's eyes, rushing over to her friend and locking the door behind her, she collapsed beside her ill friend. Tears began to fall onto the hospital floor, Luna could feel the doors of death close on Applejack, her friend, her most loyal honest and dependable friend she had ever met.

Beep...beep..beep

Mustering all the strength she had left, Appleajck lifted a weak old hoof and patted Luna's starry mane.

"There, there, Luna, y'all need to be strong while Ima gone" Applejack soothed.

"B-But w-we w-won't be the s-same without y-you!" Luna sobbed.

"Y'all need to be strong Luna, Equestria's gunna need yeh when tha first element is ah gone" Applejack spoke sternly.

"I could've save you...if you've let us" Luna sniffed.

'It ain't gunna work out Luna, I would then watch mah family die around me" Applejack sighed.

"Then let me do it a different way.." Luna begged.

"What way?" Applejack asked, narrowing her eyes.

"I would let you join my sky, join my stars, let the ponies see you always, always remembered." Luna explained.

Beep...beep..beep

....


"If we where back at 74 years ago, ah would've taken that proposal easy" Applejack began.

Luna stiffened. Beep...beep..beep

"Ah now know that ponies don't just become remembered because of their heroic actions" The mare continued.

"It's because of what they do in their normal lives as well" Applejack sighed, turning her head to the window, still shown the night sky.

"And now ah know, that ponies used to come to me for comfort cuz of one thing" Applejack continued, turning her gaze to Luna once more.

Beep...beep..beep

"Ah'm Applejack...the heart of the home.." Applejack smiled.

"Then...that is what you shall be.." Luna sniffed.

"Goodbah Luna" Applejack smiled, closing her eyes.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppp.......

Luna sobbed, the tears flowing down like rivers, Applejack's soft old face layed limp in the hospital bed. Luna lifted herself up weakly, her horn glowing the familiar dark blue aura. Closing her eyes she focused her magic around Applejack.

Applejack..home of the heart..Luna thought.





















Opening her eyes she looked at the empty hospital bed, whipping her tears she weakly walked towards the hospital window. She smiled as she gazed at the stars, once again, taunting her to come up and join them..

But among those stars was a new constellation of stars, if formed a Earth Pony, swimming a laso above her and Luna's glorious moon, as if catching it, or protecting it. Her star made eyes winking at Luna.

"Go forth Applejack, home of the heart, may you give all hearts the love and honesty that you did in us" Luna whispered, as the warm glow of the memorial southern mare filled her mind.

Author's Note:

I LOVE THIS STORY, THEIR SHALL BE MORE APPLE X LUNA OR I WLL SLAP YOU ALL IN THE FACE!

Cuz I want to.

M.Q