• Published 17th Oct 2013
  • 960 Views, 8 Comments

The Random Pictures to Fiction Collection - Pics2Fics



A bunch of short scenes written about pictures.

  • ...
0
 8
 960

An Important Royal Meeting

Based on this image:

Sweetie Belle sat on the floor of the clubhouse in a huff. Apple Bloom was busy helping her family harvest apples and Scootaloo was hanging out with Rainbow Dash. This meant she was all alone with nopony to have fun with.

"Boooored…" Sweetie groaned, rolling over onto her back.

All her homework was done, she couldn’t crusade by herself, and she couldn’t plan any future crusades because Scootaloo usually didn’t like her ideas. Even though blanket weaving and flower arrangement could be their special talent, Scoots was always dead set on something like fire-spitting or sword juggling or something really dangerous.

Looking over in the corner, she sees some blank sheets of paper along with some crayons. She could try drawing something, she figured. Dragging herself over, she takes a piece of paper and selects a red crayon. She hummed a tune while staring at the page, expect some idea to come out from her head and onto the paper.

5 minutes pass.

10 minutes.

15 minutes pass and the page is still blank. The tune she was humming had long trailed off as she balanced the crayon on top of her hoof. She sighed.

"If only somepony would play with me…" she grumbled.

Then, she got an idea. There was somepony who could probably help her. The being who taught friendship itself to the ponies in town. Surely she could help with her friendless dilemma!

She began writing on the paper. Within moments, she had finished and rolled it up, taking it with her into town to find a certain little dragon who could deliver her message.

~~~~~~~~~~

Princess Celestia sat in her throne room, a stack of documents floating in front of her awaiting her signature. It was standard budget allocation for palace staff and she preferred that her guards and servants were able to provide for their families. Mostly involved filling in the numbers from last year,adding a bit more for those who have hit certain milestones in their time of employment.

Still, it was rather dull work. While she appreciated being informed of everything going on in her palace, she still sometimes wished to delegate some of these more menial tasks to her specialized bookkeepers.

But if she did, what would she do then? There was nothing that needed her immediate attention, no meeting with foreign ambassadors, no royal council today. It was a slow day, and while she was thankful for these kinds of days when she needed to relax, now she just found her eyelids beginning to droop. The words on the page blurring together.

However, a small little dancing green flame came in through the window. Celestia’s spirits rose immediately at the sight. Was this a letter from her star pupil? Or perhaps a report from one of her friends? Setting down the stack of papers, she took the scroll in her magic, deciding to take a little time to satisfy her curiosity.

Unrolling it, she read:

DEAR PRINCESS CELL CELESTIA,

MY NAME IS SWEETIE BELLE, AND I’M RARITY’S LITTLE SISTER.

NORMALLY I’D BE PLAYING WITH MY FRIENDS TODAY, BUT ALL OF MY FRIENDS ARE BUSY AND I’M ALL ALONE WITH NOTHING TO DO. IT’S SOOOO BORING!

SINCE YOU’RE THE PRINCESS WHO KNOWS ALL ABOUT FRIENDS AND FRIENDSHIP, DO YOU THINK YOU COULD HELP ME?

THANK YOU!

The princess rolled the scroll back up. She contemplated the letter’s contents carefully. Without a word, she stood up off her throne and descended the stairs down towards the massive doors.

"Princess? Where are you going?" asked one of her guards.

"I’m afraid something very important has just come up," the princess replied. "I shall be back before sundown. Hold your post until then."

"Yes, your highness!" the guard replied, snapping into his normal statue-like position while the princess walked past the throne room doors.

Author's Note:

Image drawn by Captain-Marvelous.

Source: http://captain-marvelous.deviantart.com/art/MLP-Tea-Party-401498698