• Published 7th Oct 2013
  • 6,262 Views, 332 Comments

Hatred of the Anti-Brony - Angrywritingskills



I hate the world of Equestria. Eversince Earth and it became connected I have gone through a deep depression. I know whose fault it is and I know one day everyone will look at me and know I was right about ponies and the bronies too.

  • ...
58
 332
 6,262

Chapter 27: Setting the scene

Everyone stared at me and didn’t say a word.

The air was filled with silence. I guess I rushed this a bit. It’s not my fault, I was being peer pressured. But everyone was looking at me strangely now. They have the right to regard me oddly but I wish they didn’t. The reason I wanted to tell them my plan at the moment I was leaving was so it wouldn’t be awkward. Thanks a lot Drake.

“Pfft fucking do it man.” Drake snickered and laughed a bit.

“Huh?” I grunted not expecting that response.

“Sounds like a great plan.” He said still cackling. “Those fags in that club need to be reminded of what species they belong to. Besides if gays are still persecuted today then so should the horse fuckers. It’s only fair.”

“Are you crazy?” Jess jumped on the table and grabbed me by the throat. “No this time I mean really crazy. Insane even.” I struggled in her grip but like usual I couldn’t escape. “Get those thoughts out of your head you big fucking idiot!” She then proceeded to slam my head against the table repeatedly. Everyone watched in idle amusement before Jones and Erik restrained her. “You let me go!” She shrieked while she flailed her arms around. “I’m gunna smack that man until he gets it through his head! STOP TRYING TO KILL PONIES! YOU’RE JUST DOOMING YOURSELF! YOU CAN STILL HAVE A FUTURE! DON’T BE A FUCKING IDIOT!”

Erik and Jones carried her over to another table and sat her down there. They seemed to be trying to calm her down. As for me I’m totally fucked. This whole thing just got awkward for everyone. Now my friends know that I’m harboring a psychopath inside me. I don’t know if they think I’m serious about this but they treat me awfully seriously which means they won’t think this is a joke. Yeah they probably think that I’m a big psycho right about now. I can’t wait for them to stuff me in a straight jacket and put me in a crowded room.

Jones looked to be saying something to Jess and eventually she did calm down although she still looked pissed. When she did assumingly promise to not kill me, Jones came back to our table while Erik stuck around with Jess. Jones sat down across from me, next to Rodney and Derek.

“So Jim, you wanna run that by me again?” He said. My neck hair stood on edge as I sat there starting to sweat a bit.

“Um I… well you see I was just”

“Spit it out Jim.” Jones ordered.

I gulped. “Alright I know it’s silly but it’s something I’ve been thinking about for a long time now. Ever since I’ve laid eyes on that place, that pony strip club, I’ve wanted it to just go away or at least the people in it. Look you’re well aware of my feelings towards ponies.” Jones nodded. “What if I told you it’s bad? I mean really bad. And it’s not just ponies. It’s any human that sympathizes with them. I call them bronies because that used to be a thing. You know about bronies right?”

“Of course I served with a couple of them. But continue.” Jones said. He had his arms crossed and was giving me this look. It wasn’t a mean look but I could tell he was holding back something to say. It’s kind of unnerving.

“As I was saying,” I continued. “This hatred I feel is bad. It’s reactionary. Every time I see a pony or anytime I see a human just cooperating with one, I just get the feeling to do something. And these feelings are to do something bad to them. Worse is it doesn’t go away. This is an everyday thing. It’s been this way ever since ponies became real. I still wonder how I’ve been able to contain myself from doing anything drastic until now.” Of course I’m gunna leave out my assassination attempt on Fluttershy. I’m taking that secret to my grave.

“What I want to know is how you plan to do what you want to do.” Derek spoke up.

“Yeah he’s right. Frank won’t sell us guns, remember? So how do you plan to shoot this place up?” Rodney added.

“Oh don’t worry I’ve got that covered.” I grinned. I’m still very tired. “Why do you think I convinced Jess to let Frank stay? He and I made an agreement. I can borrow his guns for a short while in exchange for getting him in here. So basically once I had the guns I just needed to find a target. And that target turned out to be the Magic Mist gentleman’s club.”

“Ooooo!” Derek covered his mouth. “The white boy is sneaky!”

“You hear that Jess?” Rodney turned to Jess. God damn it just shut up Rod! Jess had a nasty look on her face and stood up. She tried to walk away but Erik stopped her. He said a few things that I couldn’t hear and pointed to us once and that got Jess to settle down. Well not really settle down but not take immediate action.

“So I see you have your target and the means to achieve your goal.” Jones said. “Personally I wasn’t surprised to hear you say that. Everyone knows you’re not okay in the head. It’s in the way you talk, the way you look at things, heck even the way you walk tells me that you’re looking for trouble. You’re like an angsty teen.” Hey I’m an adult! “What I was surprised about was that you’ve put actual thought into this so it doesn’t seem like a pipe dream. I mean you have your target and the means to reach havoc so all you require is action. Now you asked for my opinion but before I give it I want to know if you’re serious. Please tell me if this is just you blowing off steam? Please it’s important.”

I rubbed the back of my neck. “Gee Jones I didn’t expect that to come out of you. Usually you just listen and grunt when you want to speak.”

“Me not talking is just me waiting for the perfect moment to say the perfect thing.” Jones explained. “Don’t mistake my lack of speech for lack of understanding. But please my answer.”

“Alright so,” I exhaled and inhaled to calm myself. “That’s complicated because I’m gunna tell you that I am serious. I really want to go in there and kill everyone. I need to. It’s an addiction I have. I always need to see a pony being harmed or at least hear about it. It’s why when you and I first met you heard from Drake that I was a killer. And before that I was the one that… actually never mind it’s not important.” Almost told them about Danny and Fluttershy. Almost. “Look the point is I’m gunna tell you I am serious about performing a mass shooting inside that strip club. However, if I were to analyze my actions throughout the last two months then it looks like I’m just beating around the bush. Yeah I’ve thought about this for two months and I’m still planning it. And it shouldn’t be that hard to plan. It’s not like I’m not ready and how hard is it to think up a good strategy? I’m probably not even gunna come back alive and if I do it’ll be in custody. I guess the conclusion is I’m just too afraid to act. But I am serious about this, if that answers your question.”

“Oh Jim.” Drake cooed. He’s been silent for a while. “And here I thought you were gunna come out of the closet for us. But instead it’s just you starting to discover your more vicious self. You’ll get over yourself. Trust me. I know I did.”

“Yo Jim.” Rodney spoke up. “You look stressed man. Want something to take the edge away?”

“Yeah we got this last night. Here just for you.” Derek reached into his pocket for what I knew would be my daily dose.

“Nah, no stop man.” I held out my hand to prompt him to stop. “It’s not working, man. The weed it’s just no good. So you can stop giving it to me.”

“Good on ya Jim.” Drake playfully punched me on the shoulder. “Just say no.” He had this sarcastic smile, I just know it. And did he really just quote Nancy Reagan’s drug campaign?

“Jim.” Jones said to get my attention. “Listen you sound serious which is a good thing. And I understand trying to overcome the fear of it all. So when you gain the courage come talk to me. Just listen here though.” He shifted in his chair. “I fully support any action you take that harms ponies or pony sympathizes. I like what you called them by the way, bronies.”

“Excuse me, what?” I said looking at him. “You support me?”

“Yeah why not?” Jones said. “You’re American right? Didn’t we fight for our independence from people trying to tell us what to do? Don’t see how ponies are treating us as any different. We live in poverty and we’re subject to the abuse of power. What with those human conformity offices and pony police in the states. Seriously if they wanted to they could arrest every one of us and nobody would care. So what do you do if nobody cares? You do whatever you want really. See it’s like this Jim. In the marines, for me, it was less about doing my job and more about doing what I had to do to survive.”

“Oh boy a war story!” Drake chirped.

“Yeah I know how you love those.” Jones rolled his eyes. “Let me give you some background though, Jim. I served three tours of duty all over the Middle East. Well more like two and a half but I’ll get to that later. I was primarily a combat unit so I got to see a lot of violence. Actually my first tour was comparatively peaceful. Sure I was shot at but nothing that bad. It was about halfway through my second tour when things picked up. That was when the ponies started becoming very profound throughout the world. This was true in the Middle East but it was not like it was throughout the rest of the world. I assume you know about the current condition over there?”

“Not really.” I said shaking my head. “All I know is nobody really talks about the Muslim countries anymore, which is weird because that was a huge deal growing up. I hear they aren’t that welcoming to ponies though so that’s a good thing. No wait, that’s a great thing!”

“If you look at it like that then it is good.” Jones said. “But it wasn’t so good for us back then. With the introduction of ponies the Middle East really kicked up in violent activity. Don’t ask me why but the towel heads really started to get bolder. They attacked us more often and more devastating. The whole place went from a tense occupation to an ongoing warzone and I was in the middle of it. Truth is it was the best time of my life. Trust me it’s gets boring when every day the only thing you have to look forward to is walking around a desert carrying ninety pounds of equipment. But then all of a sudden it’s a new situation everyday and now you go from living until your tour is over to living day to day.”

“You liked that kind of life?” I asked. I personally know what it’s like to live day to day since I was a drifter and my nourishment was usually me biggest priority. It was harsh but I could take it. Wouldn’t want to return to that life though. “Because I thought that soldiers coming back from war are damaged and regret what they’ve done.”

“Oh no that’s completely true.” Jones remarked. “I know plenty of buddies with PTSD and struggle to cope with what they’ve seen and done. But there are always those guys that can deal with it. Those that relish in the extravagance of it all. And I am privileged to be one of them. It was enjoyable to finally be seeing some action. It is the reason I joined the marines, to shoot at people and roll into cover when there was an explosion. I did so many heroic duties that I got a silver star for my actions. Killed so many people and saved so many people, they pinned it to my chest as a thank you. I wore it proudly for the rest of my service. Had a great time there, and I wish I could go back. Coming home was hard.” He ended that in a depressed tone.

“Why? Weren’t you treated as a hero for what you’ve done?” I asked to continue the story.

“Please that would be expected.” Jones laughed but it wasn’t a funny laugh, more of a painful laugh. “Actually I’m surprised you don’t know how soldiers, around the world, were treated after they were relieved of duty.”

Instantly I was reminded of that talk Darius and I had about the marines. If I remember correctly in 2019 the world demilitarized meaning that there were a bunch of soldiers coming home. “All I know is they came home after their duty.” I replied.

“Came home. Yeah we came home. But to what?” Jones asked. “I’ll tell you what. We came home to a place that was worse than a hot zone. I thought that the Arabs hated us but they loved us compared to how we were treated back home. Let me tell you a story, Jim.” Jones pointed at me. “I risked my sorry ass for my country and the people back home. I don’t care the reason America was in the Middle East, all I know is I was risking my ass everyday serving my country. And then I finally come back, and I see all those people at the airport; spitting at me. Calling me shit like baby killer and an American Invader. Well who are they to protest me?!” Jones shouted standing up. “Unless they’ve been me and been there so they know what they’re yelling about! I used to have a wife!” Jones said sitting back down. “I used to have a beautiful baby girl too. When I came back I learned that they’ve been telling us about what we soldiers did. The ponies have been convincing humans that we’re heartless murders.”

“Is that true?” I asked. I personally wanted to know. As an American I feel that I have the right to know really what my military was doing. And besides, lately some secrets have been coming out ever since the war ended and they are quite interesting.

“Let me tell you this.” Jones exhaled. “Everyone makes mistakes. And sometimes you end up hurting those you didn’t mean to. All that matters after that is you apologize and make up for the mistake. That’s all you can really do. Now as for us being murders then what people have to understand is it’s war. People are gunna die whether they are innocent or not. And people change when they’re getting shot at. They’re not the same when they’re calm and in control. Besides it’s not fair to paint the towel heads as innocents like they are now. They’ve killed their fair share of unarmed personnel. Look the point is we did what we had to do to win, but some people wouldn’t let us win.” Jones paused. “Ah shit, I feel like I digressed there.”

“Something about you having a daughter.” I said to remind him.

“Oh yeah that.” Jones said rubbing the back of my head. “That was what officially torn it for me. Hey Jim, you ever lose someone to someone else or to something and that loss made you finally realize what the world is really like?”

I instantly thought back to Darius. I lost him to the bronies and that was when I realized how dangerous they could be and that I must truly pursue my dream of pony genocide for the greater good so something like that could never happen again. “Yes.” I nodded, full of understanding.

“Good.” Jones nodded. “Well my moment came when I returned home. I got off the airplane and was greeted by protesters. You know the ones that hold signs and throw trash at you. Kind of like the ones that you met that one day. Other than that, and the fact that some of my crazier buddies actually got into a brawl with the mob, I returned home safely. I already told you home was hotter than the warzone I just left and here’s why. Nobody wanted to deal with a soldier coming home. Because of what ponies did, a soldier can’t get any compensation for what he’s sacrifices. Worse we can’t get a job and there have been times I’ve been kicked out of stores and restaurants for mentioning I served. But back in Iraq and all those places I could carry a gun, I was in charge of the lives of human beings, and in the real world I can’t get a job pumping gas!” Jones stood up again. “So I come back home to my wife and kid because I just wanna see them again. I want to hold my daughter and kiss my wife and sleep in my own bed. And I come home and she, she won’t even let me in the house.” Jones broke down. “She won’t let me near my own daughter because she claims I’m a psychopath that murders kids in Afghanistan so I’ll do it at home. Then through the door I hear her call nine one one and two ponies in uniforms come. And they have the nerve to tazer me in my own front yard? So then I’m carried off and allowed to go with a warning. Then I’m left without a job or anything to survive in a world that hates me. So basically I’m back in the war except I don’t have a gun.” Jones walked over to me and grabbed my shoulder. “Jim you go into that club and kill every pony you see. And when you’re done with that kill the humans in there too. Damn sympathizers.”

“Bronies.” I correct him. “They’re bronies.”

“Hmmph.” Jones let go of me. “They mind as well be ponies. I mean if they want to have sex with an animal then doesn’t that make them one?”

“It might as well.” I laughed. “So you really think I should do this?”

“Are you deaf?” Jones grinned. “You ever get the chance to make those ponies feel just a prick of pain that us humans have felt because of them, never hesitate to act.”

I looked at Rodney and Derek. They had been quiet the whole time. “What about you guys?” I asked. “Think it’s a good idea?”

“You can do whatever you want to.” Rodney replied.

“Yeah you want to go crazy. I’m not stopping you.” Derek said.

I turned to Drake. He too had remained quiet the whole time. “What about you?”

“Hmmm.” He looked away and then looked back. “I’ve just been thinking. I want in.”

“What?” I said shocked.

“Why not? I’m always up for some killing.” Drake shrugged. “Besides lately I haven’t been doing so well. So hard to find a suitable target. This might be fun though. Instead of one kill I will do many more.”

“I’m not so sure.” I said. I mean is that really okay? I really shouldn’t rope anyone else in this but he volunteered.

“Ah come on.” Drake put an arm around me. “What’s the worst that could happen?”

Oh let me count the ways. “Well we could get killed.” I started off but it didn’t seem to faze him. “We could be arrested.” Still nothing. “We could be trialed and probably spend the rest of our lives in prison. And in prison we’ll have to deal with dudes that are ten times our size. And most likely will be prison raped. You know, big black or Hispanic cock penetrating our rears. Our struggling will only excited them and make it worse. Does that sound like something you want to happen to you?”

Drake just continued smiling and pulled me a bit closer. “You really think I will do badly in prison?” He whispered. I thought about it and I really didn’t like the answer. Also it was kind of uncomfortable the way he was holding me.

“Never mind man.” I growled pushing him off me. “Look if you want to tag along I guess you can. It’s not like I’ll be that successful on my own.”

“Awesome.” Drake cheered. “We’ll have so much fun.”

“You didn’t tell me you wanted help!” Jones exclaimed. “Hot damn, count me in!”

“You too Jones?” I asked.

“Of course!” He said. “You really think I do anything around here? I need some action in my life. It’ll be like the war which is my glory days.”

“Wow.” I looked to Rodney and Derek. They seemed to be talking to each other.

“I’ll do it if you go.” Derek said to Rodney.

“Fuck I was about to say that.” Rodney grinned. They each gave each other a smirk and then looked at me. “You count us in.” Rodney said.

“I’m all for going crazy man.” Derek said. “And besides just think of all the loot we can get.”

“Damn right.” Rodney agreed. “Strippers get paid way too much for what they do. They must have mad stacks in that place.”

“You guys are really up for it?” I asked as I got more and more excited with every second.

“Hold on you guys.” Erik suddenly spoke up. He hasn’t spoken for a while. The whole time he’s been sitting with Jess. Now he walked over to us and sat down. “Do you guys really think it’ll be that simple? There needs to be a plan if you plan to walk away from all of this. We need a planned out procedure of how we’re gunna do this. And backup plans if everything fails.”

I couldn’t believe my ears. “Erik are you in too?”

He blinked. “Well yeah, I mean I’m not gunna let you guys have all the fun. Besides I really want to put my training to work. I didn’t go to college for nothing. Well I did, but that was before ponies ruined me.”

This is great, no this is wonderful. I never thought it would be so but there are people like me that want to take action. I never thought that I would know people that would even be brave enough to take a stand. Or I should say crazy enough to take a stand. I mean it takes guts to do something like this. I would know because I once took a stand. Well that kid took the stand for me and he also took the fall but that’s beside the point. The point is I’m brave now and I’ve learned from my mistakes. I can do this with the help of my friends.

But there is still one friend that I worry about. I quickly glanced at Jess. She was sitting with her head in her hands. She looked like she was listening to our conversation but barely. After her outburst she had remained silent the entire time. That is so uncharacteristic of her. She’s probably planning my death because what we are going to do goes against everything she stands for. She just wants us to be safe, I know that. What she doesn’t understand is there is no way she can keep us locked up in this shelter without a way to entertain ourselves. Maybe if she put on a show for us, she and the other girls turn this place into a strip club then maybe we wouldn’t be going out shooting another one up.

However I think we’ll come through to her. We will follow our instincts and she can’t hold us back. Actually if anything I want her to join us. She’s tougher than me and most people I’ve known. Actually she really reminds me of Myriad in that they both conduct themselves as tough individuals but on the inside they’re really nice people. The difference between the two is Jess is an individual while Myriad had to be a follower. Still in this situation it seems that being an individual has put us at odds. Well maybe I can convince her to at least accept what we’re gunna do.

Eventually after a while our conversation was going into the phase where it was getting serious. Erik was talking about how we would need more information on the club before we attack. That was also when Jess stood up and walked over to the table. She looked exhausted which confused me. I would expect her to be ready to pound someone.

“Listen if you’re gunna talk about this then you’re gunna do it away from other people. Come on I’ll show you.” She said calmly which was odd. We followed her but I was suspicious. All I know is she changed as soon as Jones had said something to her that I couldn’t hear. I guess I’ll ask him what that was all about.

“Hey Jones.” I said trying to be quiet so Jess wouldn’t hear. “What did you say to Jess that made her let us talk about killing ponies?”

“Yeah what did you say to her?” Derek piped in. Damn, I guess I wasn’t quiet enough.

“Oh that.” Jones rubbed his chin. “I just told her to remember her dad.”

“Oh.” I nodded. What the fuck does that mean? “What happened to her dad?” As soon as I said that Jess turned around and glared at me.

“It’s none of your business, jackass!” She snarled. I instantly felt fear and wanted to hide. But instead I stood there avoiding eye contact and sweating tremendously. “Anyways.” She huffed and turned around. “If you guys ever want to talk about being violent pricks then do it in here.” Jess opened a door that was located in the hallway that led to the bedrooms. The door she opened led to a small dark room that was filling with cleaning equipment.

“A broom closet?” Erik snorted. “Really?”

“Yes.” Jess nodded. “And if you want I will get you a foldable table for you all to sit around.”

“Do you really think that six grown ass men are gunna fit in a broom closet?” Jones said. “I mean Drake and Jim are skinny but the rest of us need more than a foot of space to be comfortable.”

“Hey!” Drake put his hands on his hips. “I’ll have you know being skinny is a quality that all gay men share. Unless they’re bears.”

“I think Drake being gay makes me never want to go in there now.” Rodney said.

I hate it when people are negative. They should really learn to try new things. Actually that’s what bronies once said about my little pony. They always wanted people to try it first. Well fuck it; people should stick to what they know.

“No guys this is great!” I said taking my first steps into the closet. “I’ve had some great memories in closets.” I picked up a broom and began spinning it around. “Like at my first job. I was a janitor for a butcher shop. Well every once in a while some of the employees would get together to play poker. We did this in the broom closet so the boss wouldn’t know. Well eventually he did find out but that’s okay because he actually joined us but that’s not important. What is important is that at these poker games the guys would have these lucky charms that would enhance their chances of winning. I didn’t really have one so I looked for one. I eventually found it in my dog and one day I brought him in to a game. That night I won the poker game and I took to calling my dog the ‘luck dragon’. Well that pissed our meat cutter off because he told me that if he ever sees that dog again he’ll turn him into sausages.” I put the broom down. “Ah good times.”

Derek spoke first. “Jim shut the hell up!”

“Sorry.” I grinned and walked out of the closet. “But yeah I think that closet will be a bit cramped.”

“Fuck it we’ll make it work.” Erik said surprising everyone. “And that table will really help, thank you.”

“Alright I’ll go get it.” Jess said walking away.

Feeling the sudden need to accompany her I followed. “Hey I’ll help you.” I said catching up with Jess.

“No only one person needs to carry it.” Jess said. “So you can.”

“Whatever.” I said following her.

We walked back down the hallway. It was a short walk but I was confused about our destination. We were standing at Jess’ bedroom door; the same door that I was told to never go through ever. I believe Jess even threatened me about it. Yeah she said under no circumstances am I to go in there.

Jess opened her door and walked in. She got about three steps in and turned around. “Well.” She said. “The table is over there.” She pointed to behind her bed. “Go get it.”

“Ummmm.” I kicked the ground a bit.

“What the hell are you doing?” She asked impatiently. “Get in here.”

“Oh I get it now.” My mood brightened up. “This is a test. Yeah you’re testing me. Trying to see if I’ll break one of your rules. Well you’re gunna need to be a lot smarter than that to trick old Jim. Because Jim knows that Jim is not allowed to go in your room or the girls’ room. Jim’s really smart, Jim.”

Jess looked at me dumbfounded for a moment. “If Jim doesn’t shut the fuck up and stop talking in the third person then Jim’s gunna get a fist in his face.”

She’s right. I shouldn’t talk in the third person because it reminds me of a certain annoying MLP antagonist. I’m still not going into that room though. “You’re still not gunna trick me.” I smirked.

Jess groaned. Then she grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the room with her. I struggled the whole time but she still got me in. And once I was in her room it felt weird. I mean I’ve been in a girl’s bedroom before but it was weird because I’ve never been with a girl that could kill me if she wanted to. Also there was a lack of girly in the place. I expected more pink and instead I got nothing but what the rest of the place is made of. Nothing but drab concrete and tiles.

“Alright Jim one more time.” Jess said. “Get the table and pick it up.”

“I know, I know.” I said walking over to the folded table. “I was just distracted.”

“I could tell.” She rolled her eyes.

Actually I’m still distracted. I have questions. They all have to do with Jess. This sudden turnaround has to be something complex. I just have to know. I mean I’m most likely gunna die so I might as well die with nothing bugging my mind.

“Hey Jess.” I said still not picking up the table. “Do you really approve of us?”

She looked at me as if I was crazy. “Jim. Why the fuck would I approve of any of what you guys were saying? Why would anybody?”

“That’s what I was asking you.” I retorted.

“Ah, just listen to me.” Jess looked at me. “What you’re doing is absolutely insane and I hope you forget this nonsense. So I’ll indulge you for now. And if you do go through with it all, at least I won’t have you guys giving ideas to the others anymore when you don’t make it back.”

“Really so you just want us gone?” I don’t believe that. She loves us.

“Yes you’ve caused enough trouble for me. Now get that table.”

“Okay you’re lying.” I said crossing my arms. “Come on, what happened to your dad? You can tell me. I won’t tell anyone.”

“Jim that’s not it.” Jess scowled me. “You just don’t need to know alright.”

“Alright.” I replied. “I’ll tell you about someone I lost to ponies and you can tell me about your dad.” I sat down on her bed. “Sound good.”

“Don’t sit on my bed.” She grumbled. I stood back up.

“Anyways it all started in an abandoned building.” I started the story. “Me and a group of people had decided to care for each other and maintain a home in an abandoned garage.”

“Really?” Jess interrupted. “You always seemed to be more of a loner type to me.”

“I was.” I explained. “But I was forced out of that lifestyle due to complications. I lost my wheels. That was really weird. Usually I would drift from town to town but then I had to adjust to staying in one place. I wouldn’t have made it without my newest companions. I would later call them friends. We helped each other. We fought a lot about stupid things but we all tried to make sure each other was comfortable. It was nice. And that is why I was so heartbroken when they all died.”

“Well loss is something we must all deal with in our lives.” Jess shrugged. “Whether it be our friends or a pet we all have to deal with it. It isn’t something we can help.”

“Oh no, no, no, no.” I waved my hands. “You misunderstand. I could have dealt with it if they died of cancer or a heart failure. But what I can’t deal with is…” I thought for a second. “Have you ever lost someone or something to another living creature? I’m just asking because it’s different from experiencing loss from something that is inevitable or not under your control.”

“Jim that’s…” Jess stopped herself. She looked away then looked back. “Never mind go on.” Wonder what she was recalling?

“Um well, how do I put this? Something bad happened.” I continued on. “I’m just gunna come clean and tell you that what my friends and I were up to was nothing but trouble. It was actually gunna be something like what we’re gunna do now. Wanna know where I got that jumpsuit? They gave it to me. It wasn’t from a job I had or anything like that. We called ourselves anarchists.”

“Anarchists?” Jess said and crossed her arms. “So you were in a gang?”

“Uh, not like you think.” I defended myself. “We didn’t do anything. There were only five of us. But I was trained in the ways of enacting anarchism upon a land. It was all theories and ideologies but it was actually pretty thorough. There was this really asshole named Zayn who was a dick. But he did teach me a lot of things that would pay off later. But our goal was to overthrow the Equestria government so that when the people of Earth saw it fall then the governments of Earth would follow suit. Kind of like a domino effect.”

“Jim stop.” Jess held up her hand. “I don’t like where this is going.”

“But its got a happy ending.” I insisted. “To achieve our goal we needed help. However that dick I was telling you about, Zayn chose a bad ally. He chose Discord and we paid for it.”

“Wait.” Jess interrupted. “How long ago was all this?”

“Ah geez.” I had to think for a moment. “Some time last year.” Oh fuck it seems like such a long time ago. “It was before Fluttershy got assassinated I know that.”

“That’s pretty fucking recent, Jim.” Jess said. “I think that’s about four or five months.”

“Ah shit.” I exhaled. “It’s felt like an eternity.”

“That’s how it feels when you live day to day.” Jess told me. “You begin to be more active and make more memories. Life seems to slow down as everyday is a new experience and a challenge to survive. At least that’s what I’ve been told by some of the other homeless. But anyways please continue.”

“Right.” I stretched a bit. “So Zayn brought us Discord so he could use his chaotic powers to help us destroy the Equestrian government.”

“Wait stop.” Jess interrupted yet again. “Why would Discord betray his friends? Didn’t he learn his lesson with Tirek?”

I just shrugged. “Your guess is as good as mine. I have no idea why he would want to help us. We were nobodies. The very bottom of the social class. We didn’t even play a role in any of Equestrian society.”

“Well there you go.” Jess said. I looked at her for an answer. “You didn’t matter so therefore he could use you guys because you were so unassuming. It’s like playing hide and seek but hiding as close as possible to the seeker. They wouldn’t expect where you’re hiding because it wouldn’t be their first thought.”

“Wow.” I said amazed. “Did you come up with that all by yourself?”

“Yeah it was easy.” Jess smiled. “Now seeing that the government is still fully operational, what happened next?”

“Ah well this is the heavy part.” I said nervously. Hope I don’t cry. “So my three friends the other anarchists, not including Zayn because he’s an asshole, they were all happy that for once they were gunna accomplish something in their lives. They were all like me, no job and no plan for the future. Achieving this dream of anarchy would be their life’s work. Well the day we were gunna enact the first step of our plan, we were visited by the mane six themselves. Yeah they had tracked Discord down and were there to stop him and us. So Twilight Sparkle, in an effort to make a grand entrance, blew a hole right in the side of the room we were in. I remember an explosion of dust and the sound of large heavy concrete bricks being thrown at a great speed. And unfortunately for my three friends” I waved my hand “They were right in the path.” Jess tilted her head a bit as I continued on. “And I crawled over to them and saw that they had been thrown back by the explosion and crushed by the rubble. They had nothing to their name and nobody to mourn them. So I did. Zayn was taken away by the ponies and that was the end of the anarchists.” I exhaled. So glad I didn’t cry. Jess is the only one I’ve told this so far. Not even Darius knew about my three friends. I do feel better getting this secret off my chest so I think telling her is a good thing.

“Jim.” Jess put her hand on my arm. “Were you the only one to see this?”

“Well yeah.” I explained. “I mean none of the mane six seemed to acknowledge their deaths and neither did Zayn. In fact Twilight Sparkle herself walked up to me while I was standing barely ten feet away from their corpses and she didn’t even see them.”

“Ten feet? Oh Jim.” Jess sighed. “Listen to me. I wanna tell you a story. A while ago before you came along I had this homeless man come into my shelter. He told me he was looking for a place to stay after his friend had been murdered in the apartment they were renting together. He claimed to have witness the assailant in the act and was too scared to fight back so he ran away without calling for help. I called the police to have an investigation after he gave me his address. Well about a week after that a couple of officers arrived at this shelter. Nice guys but they had told me that I harboring a suspect. Turns out that that homeless man was the murderer. He was so fucked in the head that he had convinced himself that his friend was killed by someone else. It was kind of like an out of body experience.”

“I see.” I crossed my arms. Who the fuck does she think I am? “I know what you’re implying here but come on! That’s way too damn complex for me. To think that I would imagine up a scenario that would let me cope with the murder of three of my friends, just so I could feed my desire for revenge against pony kind. That’s crazy.”

“Is it?” Jess spat. “Because I’ve seen a lot of crazy in my life and I know when someone is trying to cover something up.”

“Please what could I possibly trying to cover up?” I sneered.

Jess grinned. “Well I do know you try to cover up when you’ve been staring at my ass.”

That honestly caught me off guard. “What how do you notice? I’m very careful and- I mean no I don’t. Why would you even think that?”

“Oh please you don’t even try.” Jess giggled at me. “See when I walk by try not to move your entire head in my direction. Your eyes will do just fine.”

“Hey I don’t need advice on how to perv on a girl.” I snarled.

“Um yes you do.” Jess smirked. “Now get that table already.”

“Fine.” I growled. Figures she catches me just trying to have fun. I picked up the table which wasn’t that heavy. It was more of awkward to hold. I wish I had longer arms so I could get a better hold on it. When I turned to the door I was greeted with every one of my current friends looked at me giggling. “How long were you guys there?” I asked shaking a bit.

“Long enough to hear a story.” Drake said smirking.

I dropped the table in shock. Unfortunately it landed on my foot. “Fuck!” I yelled and moved onto my other foot so there would be no pressure on the other. Rodney and Derek burst into laughter as I stumbled around and Jess covered her mouth and snickered along. I eventually reached a wall to lean against. I think my toes are broken. Nope, never mind I can still wiggle them. “Why the hell didn’t you guys tell me you were watching me?” I asked once I regained my composure.

“We didn’t want to interrupt.” Erik said.

“Well why did you guys come find me anyways?” I asked.

“I personally thought you two were having sex.” Drake said. “You know Jess was all mad at him and they would engage in angry sex. Very kinky.” Now everybody was looking at Drake instead of me. “What? I’ve seen it happen before.” Drake defended himself.

“Nice to know you’re still a person underneath that act you put on.” Jones motioned at me. “It’s good to have a story to explain why you’re the way you are. It’s also useful to use as a defense case when you’re in a courtroom.”

“Alright everyone out of my room!” Jess shouted. “Jim, pick up that damn table and get on with your death plans.”

And so we did. Despite the broom closet being so small we fit everyone in. Had to move a lot of supplies though but we fit in the end. Then we started to plan. I told them everything I knew. My two months of observations on the place gave me extensive knowledge on the layout. The club was a basic rectangle shape that was placed in the middle of a parking lot. From my scouting there were two entrances into the place. There was the main door that was protected by a bouncer. He was a big dopey looking guy but still a problem which put the main door as a bad route to take. The other door was located in the back of the building but from what I can tell it is locked at all times. I think it might be a fire escape but I don’t know. All I know is it’s metal so we couldn’t just knock it down. So basically our only option is the front door.

The surrounding area is kind of a problem too. The club is in a parking lot which isn’t that big and is crowded most of the time. There are usually a lot of cars there so getting in and out will be a problem. It was already decided that we would be taking some kind of vehicle to get there. Although at the moment nobody has the transportation, but it is already decided that traveling on foot with our weapons won’t be that good of an idea. Point is when we’re trying to escape it’ll be hard to get out by car while everyone else is running to their own cars to get the hell out. And if the cops are blockading the roads then we’re screwed. The other option would be to escape into the city on foot under the cover of night. The parking lot is small and not closed in by a fence or anything so running away on foot is an option. However the downsides of running on foot would be trying to get incognito and the fact that there are likely cops patrolling and they will find us and call for backup, and it will be unfortunate to possibly be trapped on a block surrounded by well armed police officers. So we’ll concentrate on our escape and how we’ll get there once we deal with the cop problem.

Speaking of the cop problem, that is our biggest issue. Obviously this whole plan will cause a lot of attention and it is inevitable that the local authorities will be notified and they will respond immediately. They will most likely be too late to catch us in the act or save any of the club patrons but they will be on time to cover our escape. It all depends on their response time and how many units are in the area. Rodney and Derek did tell us they know some of the patrol patterns of the cops just from observations when they are drug dealing. It seems that if we are forced to run on foot we should probably head for the poorer part of town because there are less patrols and more cover in that neck of the woods.

As for the time of this attack it will most likely be late night. We need to use the dark of the night for cover while we make our escape and the club is operating at full capacity at that time of night so it is opportune time to strike then if we want to heighten our kill count. Since it’ll be dark we’re gunna be wearing dark clothing since apparently we’ll be more incognito and we’ll be able to escape easier since it’ll be harder to see us. Erik suggested that. I figure I’ll be wearing my jumpsuit then. Yeah that’ll be perfect. Equestria can finally see the anarchists doing something.

Our second biggest problem will be evidence. Assuming we actually make it out alive there is the issue involving what we’ll leave behind. Drake was actually the one to lead the plan into solving this issue. He claims his experience hiding murders will help us and I believe him. So it’ll be useless to try and hide what guns we are using since there will most likely be casings everywhere and it’s not like we can pick them all up. The authorities will be able to determine the type of guns we used but we can hide other things like our finger prints and our faces. Lucky for us we found those yellow dish gloves in the closet so we’ll be using those. As for our faces we’ll need to find that out along with other holes that are currently in our plan.

I cannot express how thankful I am that I’m gunna have my friends accompany me. There is no way I was gunna make it out alive or even accomplish my goal with my original plan. My original plan if I were to go alone was to kill the bouncer and then catch everyone off guard as they were beginning to panic. It would have been a suicide run but worth it. Still I don’t know why I thought that I would survive to talk about it on my own. There are tons of problems that I never considered before. If it went alone then what’s stopping someone from rushing me while I reload or how would I carry all that I needed all the way down to the club? It’s so nice to have friends.

“Alright everyone, let’s recap.” Erik said. Throughout the conversation he was the one that had taken the lead. With all his military training in his college he seemed to know what needed to be done and how it should be executed. Also he had written everything down on some paper he had procured. He has excellent handwriting. “According to Jim here, this club is a rectangle that is located in a fairly small but crowded parking lot.” He was pointing to the diagram that he drew when I was describing the club’s features. “It has two doors, one guarded by a bouncer and one that is made of metal and constantly locked. The club is near maximum occupancy in the late night so that is the opportune plan to carry out our attack if we want the maximum death toll. Now as for the plan it is rough and a work in progress. The goal is to successfully murder all of the pony strippers in the Magic Mist and any and all attendees. The procedure will most likely be to kill the bouncer at the door and attack from there. Once inside we’ll need to cover all exits and fire into the crowd.”

“May I add something?” Jones asked. During the planning process he had mostly gave tips that he learned from his tours of duty. It was mostly how to approach this more tactically. I could tell he was approaching this like it was a military operation. “It is always common place to have a man or two watching our rear so we can have eyes everywhere. I think it would be beneficial to have two guys outside watching for any trouble and maybe to pick off a few stragglers.”

“We’ll volunteer.” Rodney raised his hand.

“Not you guys.” Jones stated.

“Why not?” Derek spat.

“It’ll be better if we have some guys that know how to handle a firearm more accurately outside. It’s different fighting point blank than fighting medium to long range. And depending on the guns we’re using we want the more experienced players watching over the others. So seeing that I’m the only one here will combat experience. I’ll watch our backs.”

“Then I’ll go with you.” I boldly stated.

“Not you either.” Jones frowned. “I doubt you have any more experience then those two.”

I crossed my arms. “I used to shoot cans with a BB gun in my backyard.”

“Exactly my point.” Jones rolled his eyes.

“Please Jim you want to be where the action is.” Drake told me. “It’ll be no fun just waiting out there.”

“That leaves me then.” Erik sighed. “My training did cover rifles and I did train with them at least once a week.”

“It’ll have to do kid.” Jones said to Erik.

“Yes now then.” He cleared his throat. “As I said the plan is rough and open to changes which I believe will happen. Now for the issue with police, Rodney and Derek did say there is less activity downtown so our escape route will most likely be through that area. And depending on the response time is when we’ll be leaving. It could be two minutes or it could be fifteen. Either way it’s a small window of opportunity so make your shots count. Make sure you put as many ponies and bronies down as possible in the time we have. Aim for the torso.”

“Don’t think it’ll matter.” Drake yawned. “It’ll be chaos. Those clubs get really packed in there so even if you’re not aiming you’ll probably hit someone.”

“Still there’s no need to try and be sporty.” Erik said. “Also since it’ll be so close and there are so many people, try not to hit each other. It’ll already be dangerous because we don’t know how the security is and how many cops there will be shooting at us. We don’t need someone going down because someone else wasn’t paying attention to where their gun was pointing.”

“And if someone does go down we go back for them.” Jones added. “We’re not leaving each other behind.”

I nodded in approval. “Marine code?”

“Marine code.” Jones nodded back. “Also we don’t want anyone squealing if they catch one of us.”

“Yes everyone is in this together.” Erik said. “Because as soon as we start this we all have to finish it because we’re guilty as soon as we lay hands on those guns. Speaking of guilty we need to make sure no one can trace this back to the shelter or us. Drake gave us good ideas of what to do to hide our identities. Fingerprints and faces are a must. We have the gloves but we need face disguises. As for our clothes we should wear something dark. Dark green, Navy blue, purple, black. Try to have more cool colors than warm. Also please do not yell our names in the middle of it all. Last thing we want is for the surveillance cameras to hear us yell our own names.”

“Ah fuck I forgot about those.” I said. Seriously I did. Haven’t really thought about cameras since I didn’t have to deal with them at all with Fluttershy. And besides it’s so obvious I’ve seemed to skip over it. Silly me. “Maybe there is a way we can disable them or something.”

“Do you know how?” Jones asked.

I grinned nervously. “No but it can’t be that hard.”

“Yeah it is that hard.” Erik scowled me. “We have no idea how to disable a security system. Unless you know a lot about computer systems.”

“Oh please, how hard could it be?”

“You already said that.” Jones stated deadpan.

“Um.” I started to sweat. “You know control alt delete.” Rodney burst out laughing.

“I knew he was gunna say that!” He wailed.

“Alright fine we’ll just shoot them!” I exclaimed.

“Not worth it.” Drake shook his head. “That will stop the cam feed but they’ll still have what was already recorded. Besides there are probably too many cameras to spend our time destroying.”

“What if we reboot the system and start it up later? Will that cause an error or something?” I looked at everyone. They weren’t amused.

“Alright well besides Jim’s limited knowledge with computers there is something else we need to confront.” Erik said putting his hands together. “We need to know the interior of the Magic Mist. There is no way this is gunna be successful unless we know this place inside and out. Which means we’re gunna have to scout the inside.”

Alarm signals immediately rang in my head. I don’t want to be anywhere near those ponies when they’re dancing. It brings up to many suppressed and bad memories. “No we don’t.” I prompted. “Let’s just go in there and kill ‘em.”

“No, we need to know the layout.” Erik stated. “It could be very simple or it could be very complex. Also we need to know the security detail there and check where the cameras are located. It would be catastrophic to go in there blind.”

“He’s right.” Jones said. “Going in blind is the biggest mistake we could make here. Trust me I know from experience.”

“But, but.” I stammered. “I don’t want to go in there! It’s so dark and the place reeks of unwashed ballsack.”

“Oo sounds like my type of place.” Drake grinned. I gave his a menacing glare. “That is if I wanted to bang a horse.” He added.

“Why are you bitching anyways?” Derek sneered. “We’re gunna go in there eventually.”

“Because I rather have my only memories of that place be of dead ponies.” I explained.

“You don’t have to scout the place.” Erik said. “I’ll go after work and report back after I’ve got a good picture of what the place looks like.”

“I’ll come with you.” Jones added. “I’ll point out places that will yield the most efficient positions to do the most damage.”

“Alright sounds good.” Erik nodded. “Now as it stands we are nowhere close to initiating the attack. We need more information and more supplies. So let me make a list.” Erik wrote down, in bullet form, what we needed. “First off is we need to know more about the actual place, so we need to scout.” Erik wrote down ‘Scout Magic Mist’. “Next is we need disguises. Anything that covers the face will do, but we probably want to go full face coverage so we can hide even more of our facial features such as hair color and things like that.” Erik wrote ‘full face coverage’. “And lastly we want some means of transportation that can fit all six of us. No idea how we’re gunna get that, but we have to try.” Erik wrote down ‘transport’ and then folded the paper and put it in his pocket. “So if everyone clear?” He asked us. We all nodded. “Now there’s no bailing out from here. We’re all on board this ship whether it floats or sinks. Got that?” He looked at me. “Got that Jim?”

I growled at him. “I was the one to suggest this plan. Don’t think I’m gunna be the one to back out.”

“Alright then.” Erik grinned. “This place is getting musty now so everyone out.” With that we all left the cramped little broom closet. As soon as I got out of there I felt a sense of relief. I don’t know if it was the chemicals, the cramped space, or the stress of having to discuss murder but I was beginning to lose it in there. At least I’m out now and I’m still very excited to be having some buddies around with me.

“Yo Jim.” I heard Rodney behind me and he put his hand on my shoulder.

“Yeah?” I looked behind my back to him. Derek was right beside him and they looked worried.

“You looked tense in there, man.” Rodney said. “You want something for it?”

“God I thought we went over this.” I turned to him. “It isn’t working. It worked a bit at first but not anymore so I don’t want any. I understand you guys feel guilt for letting me get hurt but I don’t need your pity. So unless you get some stronger bud, I don’t want your charity.”

“Oh thank the lord!” Derek exclaimed. “See Rod, we don’t need to give him free dank after all.”

“Whatever.” Rodney shrugged. “It was a nice gesture anyways.” He looked at me. “I would give you some other stuff but that shit’s too expensive to give for free.”

“Other stuff?” I put on a devious grin. I’m open to what else they have to offer. I might die soon so might as well try something new.

“Yeah other stuff but you too poor to afford any of that.” Derek said. They began to walk away.

“Wait, stop.” I said before running in front of them. “How about a trade?”

Author's Note:

I don't know if my chapters getting longer is a sign of improved writing or just adjusting to how the story must flow.
Ah well longest chapter yet anyways.