• Published 11th Oct 2013
  • 1,101 Views, 7 Comments

The Ever Night Forest - Angieheart



Moonbeam lived in the Ever Night Forest (Ever Free) for as long as she can remember. One night she was going to gather ingredients when it came....

  • ...
 7
 1,101

No such thing

That morning a new doctor entered her room.

"Hello I will be your doctor for this morning. Your sheet was not completely filled so lets get that out of the way before you eat."

The new doctor continued where they left off on the list of questions. Moonbeam's reply to the last question is where every thing went downhill.
Moonbeam's reply set the doctor off the edge;"The Ever Night Forest" was her reply

"What did you say?" The doctor asked.

"The Ever Night Forest." Moonbeam repeated.

The doctor looked up from the clipboard."There is no such thing as The Ever Night Forest."

"I am telling the truth! I was born and raised in The Ever Night Forest." Moonbeam said in dismay.

"There is no such thing." The doctor replied with a twinge of anger.
"But there is! I live there! My family lives there! My entire tribe lives there!" She exclaimed. "Please believe me." Moonbeam was on the verge of tears this stalion was calling every thing she knew as a lie.

The doctor lost his nerve with Moonbeam "LIAR! there is no Ever Night Forest! You where not born in a tribe! Tribes have not been around science Equestria's founding!" He hit moonbeam hard on the head with the clipboard. "Tell me why your so dam important that the princesses and there prized bird left there pathetic castle to save you!" and struck her again. Moonbeam covered her head with a fore hoof in an attempt to protect her head.

"Stop!" Moonbeam cried the doctor hit her again it was even harder then the last two strikes combined.

"Tell me!" The doctor ordered.

"I don't know who your talking about! Please stop!" Moonbeam begged as tears flowed freely down her face. She tried to brake the telekinetic grip on the clipboard with her other hoof; it was no use her grip was to strong. The attacker pulled back the clipboard readying another strike. Moonbeam closed her eyes knowing her fiat putting her other hoof over her head.

At that moment the door burst open; there was a loud thud, and the clipboard fell to the floor. Moonbeam lowered her trembling hooves to see the first nurse was there along with a guard pining down the attacker. Nurse Hart Trail looked at this attacker knowing it was a suborn news reporter trying to get all the details of why the princesses had saved her when Moonbeam did not know herself; she heard the rumors about a reporter using illusion magic on medical staff to ask questions about celebrities to injured relatives in the hospital using force to get answers if they where suborn, this enraged her but kept her voice alarmingly calm.

"Your so desperate for a story you beat an injured mare for you're cut rate gabby gums article. You even have the nerve to stretch the truth to it, add some cheap crap about how they beat her up for some lame excuse, and then took her here to make them look like heroes. I've seen you're work like the time you integrated photo finish's protege getting attacked by an anonymous nurse questioning her about the new fabric she was working on. Why I bet when the princesses them self's hear what you did to there personal guest and all the other ponies you have hurt for your paper not even the elements of harmony could save your sorry flank by turning you to stone. Oh, not to mention the amount of warrants in you're name or all the charges by the victims them self's and let me tell you something about celebrity's they have dam good lawyer's, hurt someone close to them and you're screwed. You're paper will be ruined and will probably shut down putting meany good ponies with loving family's out of work and you know Cantorlot, its hard to get jobs here. And when there hungry foals ask why they can't eat or not having a home any more, you guessed it. It will be you're fault. Well all we need to do know is get one of the victims to confirm if it is you but if it isn't you're still screwed because you attacked the princesses personal guest not one but both princesses personal guest." The nurse said and smirked at the attacker reporter whom looked like he was scared out of his wits, should be the nurse thought before turning away.

Nurse Hart Trail went over to moonbeam's bedside and she frowned.

"I'm so sorry." Nurse Hart Trail apologized as she levitated a roll of bandages and started to rap them around the middle of her forelegs where the injuries where the worst but Moonbeam cold not stop shaking. "Please try to hold still." Nurse Hart asked looking up to see Moonbeam utterly terrified of what just happened.
"It's okay your safe now" the nurse cooed gently stroked her back until shaking subsided. Then continued to bandage the new wounds.
When the nurse was finished. she addressed the guard.
"This situation will be told to the princesses as well as all medical security staff and I want one guard out side her door at all times, just in case he has more tricks up his sleeve." he nodded.
"Good, now I'll get you some food. Sound good?"- Moonbeam nodded.


Moonbeam barely ate any of the food that was given to her; It has been about two hours since the incident. Even thinking about what happened gave her a bad scare. She missed her tribe so much. It comfort Moonbeam that she had her star pendent necklace. It was said that all the members of the tribe have one, to most of them it means that they are all stars in a growing constellation. She reached down to feel the delicately engraved star of her tribe but felt nothing; she looked down it was gone, all of it even the rope. This unnerved her, that necklace was the symbol of her tribe and she lost it.
"It's gone!" Moonbeam pained mind screamed.
"No"Moonbeam whispered, tears fell silently down her face, unaware that there was a certain fire colored bird in her window.
Philomeana, utterly concerned for what was upsetting the poor mare and flu over to her bed noticing the new bandages made her even more worried. Moonbeam's crying subsided. She pressed her head against Moonbeam's forehead.
Why are you crying? Are you in pain? Why are your forelegs bandaged?
"I am crying because I lost my necklace. It was made by my parents and it's very dear to me, and my legs are bandaged because a stallion attacked me." Moonbeam replied barely above a whisper
Was this stallion detained?
"yes" Moonbeam croaked and touched the spot where her necklace normally was.
What does your necklace look like?
"It was a grey stone pendent in the shape of a small diamond delicately engraved in the diamond was a star in the center with thin lines all around it, some branch off like tree branches. The rope is a modest tan color."
That sounds like a beautiful necklace.
"Thank you"Moonbeam said
For what?
"For helping me."she replied
That was no problem at all.
Philomeana looked out to the sun and realized she was late.
I am sorry I must be going I will see you soon.
"That's okay. May the stars guide your path."

Philomeana had not heard that phrase in a millennium, maybe even longer.

Only the true followers of Luna said that phrase. They formed a tribe long ago maybe twenty years after discord's defeat. It was a small tribe, but to Luna it felt like a kingdom. Celestia dis banded the tribe in fear it would tear the kingdom apart. When Celestia took away that small tribe her miniature kingdom it pushed her over the edge, Celestia has over a billion subjects that bask in her glorious light and she could not even have a few to love and cherish in her night. That anger and jealousy turned her into Nightmare Moon. Some of the tribe members rebelled against Celestia gathering more followers and forming the Lunar clan. There rebelling burst into internal war in Equestria. Before the war she went there with Luna, the tribe was well constructed there they had all the pony's you would expect to be in a well constructed city, from farmers to advanced magi. It was sad; all those deaths just to have a clan to savor the night, and rest in the day. with these thoughts swirling around in her mind she left the room without saying a word.

Author's Note:

Please read 1/13/14
~*~
1) I did the editing on this chapter.
2) my usual editor Ferrum Requiem

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment