• Published 5th Oct 2013
  • 3,244 Views, 39 Comments

Spike the Dragon - RealityWarper



"I'm Spike, I currently live with my parents in which were constantly traveling until we decided to live in Everfree."

  • ...
5
 39
 3,244

?

Hey guys! It's Shaded Silver (Originally Reality Warper)! This is a little P.O.V from one of my stories that's linked to this one and on what the 'monster' is! To grasp the best picture for all the sounds below play them all together in a loop! Headphones will give you the best effect!

Note: This is a very short chapter seeing as I've been busy! If the link below doesn't work for photos use this!


Well, onto the story!


Unknown POV

Click. Clop. Click. Clop.

Those were the sounds that had been in the halls for all these years. Nothing else...Except when the occasional pony came in. In which he violently ripped their souls from their bodies. The sounds of their agony soothed himself like a lullaby. Their anguish gave him pleasure, it was always a pleasure to end their eternal torment. But that brings the question, why is it a pleasure? Why is anything a pleasure? Luxuries, he could simply roam his castle/mansion without much of a hassle.

Click. Clop. Click. Clop.


Jiggle.


That was the sound of him stopping. The chains that torment HIM stayed with him, even after death. The intense burning heat never ceasing. This is what fueled most of his anger. But if the chains stopped, that means he stopped. Right?... They dragged with him all the time, he only noticed the sound when the noise stopped. What would be so important as to make he who cannot rest stop? Whenever he chased his victims, the sound of his hooves and the chains were all they needed to know he was nearby. There was dragging around his neck, fore legs and front legs. They'd try to run. But he could warp time and space to appear anywhere at anytime. Not that they knew that. As far as they knew, it was because he was some sort of demon. Well, it's not like it mattered anyway. More suffering, more torment. What made it funnier was that he didn't just outright teleport like most magic users. He did most things when they blinked or wasn't looking his way. Amusing, no?

To be honest, it didn't matter. More pain. That's all that had ever mattered. That's all that ever will matter. Those insufferable scientist thought they could make a fool out of him. They had mistaken him for a push over. And for that he devoured their souls. Because of that, he was stuck here. He didn't regret it though. He'd do it again.


Over, and over again.


Jiggle.

Turning his head to the door that was always locked, he pondered what the outside world was like. After all, besides for just seeing himself, the mortals wanted oh so badly to back outside this door. Occasionally they managed to escape...The ones who did were clever, witted and could solve puzzles. This castle was one big puzzle, and anyone trying to escape would need to be a genius to get out. He hadn't set it up, someone else did. Likely someone with a motive. But it begs the question...

How come he could not escape?

Why would he want to leave you ask? Well, simple really.

Every mortal who had come here always had wanted to leave, the braver ones thought they could even take him on. They usually ran away after seeing they were outmatched though. What would be outside this place that they'd want to return so badly to? Was it that important to live?

Click. Clop. Click. Clop.

That was the sound of him moving again, to where? He didn't know, anywhere to get away from this boredom. There nothing to do. No mortal to chase, no body to rip apart or scare.

Nobody to get away from him.

How long had he been roaming this castle? He could honestly remember it all like it was the back of his hoof. He knew every nook and cranny of this place. It was no different than the way a mortal felt their home was their own. However, being at home all the time gets boring. He wanted to venture.

Click. Clop. Click. Clop.

Jiggle.

He had stopped again, why?

CLANK!

Lifting his head from his usual dragging motion, he started walking outside the back room and into the front room where he heard noise. It was so strange, no one had been here in years. Had someone come to visit him? It was rather dreary all the time. Perhaps he wouldn't kill them, maybe he could have some company, it was starting to get lonely in here. Dreary even...

With that motion in mind, he set himself to looking around the room. Finding nothing but a bowl on the ground that had been there before he gazed around the room once again. Eveything was in place, so what had that noise been? Perhaps it was a trick of the mind...

Or perhaps someone had come in here, dropped something and hid. Perhaps even left the room. That in mind, he turned around to leave, something caught his eye in the corner of his vision. Was there was a light seeping through the door into this room? No, no. It was simply too bright. Meaning the door was open...

Why was it open?

Looking at the room once more he realized that his music box was gone.

Someone had stolen it. He'd get it back, and worst of all...

They left the door open for him to get it back.

Trotting out the door he made his way outside, it was bright. Very bright. He quickly got back inside-

The light hurt, It burned worse then his chains. And that was saying something because his chains were made to hurt himself.

He figured since he didn't want to get hurt he'd stay out of the light, he'd slink through the shadows to avoid it.

Pain was good to avoid, but better to inflict on others. Even from here he saw the mansion. It shouldn't be too hard to get in. He saw a window and started to meld in another to get over there into the shadows.

As soon as that thought finished he melded into the ground darting from one shadow to another. After about five times of doing this he found himself in the mansion after jumping into a window.

The friendly atmosphere had died as soon as he stepped in, he didn't blame in. His very presence was cold. Trudging forward with his head near the ground, the chains around his neck and legs dragged across the ground. Breathing, he could see his own breath from the cold air. He made his way into the halls where he saw one of the doors cracked, he went over the door.


Pinkie Pie was happy! She had a cupcake from the fridge before being shown her room (With Spike's approval of course!) She had a bath and was currently satisfied. She left her door open a crack to show that her friends could come in and talk with her!


Click. Clop. Click. Clop.

Pinkie perked up at the sound of hoof steps, one of friends was coming to visit her! She needed something to talk about...No wait, something was...off about those hoof steps, they sounded wrong. Like...They sounded raw. And then there was another sound, once she cleared her thoughts she noticed what sounded like a chain of some sort. No...Several.

Jiggle.

The sound was unnerving, who has chains on them at this time of night!? Or was it still day? Huh...

Click. Clop. Click. Clop.

The movement stopped all together this time, the chain and the hoofsteps. There...was there something peering at her in the door way? It was silent, but it was there.

"Hello!?" Pinkie called out cautiously "Who's there?" She furrowed her brow. "Come out now or no party for you until a later date!" She threatened. It was then that an overpowering stench out blood hit her, it made her dizzy and sick. The room felt like it was spinning as she stared at it's face, it was colder all around her. Not to mention the lights kept flickering. It let out an in-pony breath.

The shadow continued standing there. It then turned away. The smell of iron leaving with him.


Click. Clop. Click. Clop.

Pinkie for the first time in a long time...

Was afraid. Very afraid.


He had been merely observing the pink pony, it seemed her very presence almost tried to ward him off, not only that but she knew he was here yet was afraid. Impressive, but he had other things to do. Leaving the room, the lights stopped flickering, a habit he had not yet dropped.

He made his way to another door that was open down the hall, the lights flickering with him. He pushed it open slightly, watching the mares in the room tense up, the timid looking one looked like she was beyond scared- more like devastated.
None of them had his music box, he decided he'd look elsewhere.

He could have sworn he heard a "What was that?" He moved on, he needed to digress and get his music box. The lights we're still flickering on and off as I stalked down the hallway.


Walking further down the hall he came across a locked door. Locked doors were his weakness, he could teleport, but not behind a locked door, it was so strange. He moved on after not seeing anything happening. Walking into the next room he found though it wasn't cracked upon like the other two it still was unlocked, that made it easier for him. Perhaps they had his box? Pushing the door upon it creaked loudly.

"Who's there?" A voice called out. She seemed to have some sort of accent. Country he thinks. It was time to observe once more.


Applejack was doing fine, plum tuckered. But fine. She had food, a work out, a bath and a bed to lay in so all was good, Applejack was hungry and thirsty, yes. But Spike was making dinner, she could wait. With all that fighting in the forest, it had occurred to her that her friends were RIGHT on somethings, like overworking all the time. It's not her fault, she was proud to be an Apple. And what's more is that "Always overworking!" was paying for the food on her table and gosh darn it she something to keep her family fed! Big Mac would agree, Big Mac worked so hard that he hardly ever left the farm, infact there was fewer times than she can count the freckles on her face! Apple Bloom was depending on her, and she STILL hadn't made enough bits to Granny that new hip! During her rant, she didn't noticed the opening of her door, very slowly it nudged upon, eventually Apple Jack noticed something.

The smell of iron, there was something looking at her in the doorway, it's shadow WAS how it looked.It was a silhouette. Rays of sunlight sparked into the room, the figure hissed and shut the door swiftly that she was surprised however she was slightly scared though. The scent of blood was now leaving, but the memory was imbedded into her head. To her surprise the door tried twice to open. She sat there hoping the door would be enough to hold it up.

After a few more seconds the turning stopped. Applejack didn't see anything, because of she walked back to her bed. It was only after she sat down did she hear hoof steps get away from her door. Whatever it was, she had to admit was scary, Maybe that was Pinkie and that was a prank? Wasn't funny. Sighing she supposed she'd go find somepony to tell.