• Published 7th Oct 2013
  • 602 Views, 1 Comments

Diamonds Sparkle While Silver Tarnishes - sharkray24



Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara have always been good friends, but Diamond never really cared much about Silver Spoon. But when Silver Spoon gets fed up with their unbalanced relationship, who will befriend her?

  • ...
0
 1
 602

Day by Day

Day by day, Silver Spoon would get up in the dim, early, morning, and go downstairs to pour her cereal. She would get her spoon out of the cupboard with the words "Dubium Fides". Silver Spoon didn't know what it meant, but her parents must have if they put it on their cupboard. Silver Spoon then proceeded to get a bowl, and the cereal box. She would pour out the cereal into its porcelain grave, and when each bit of wheat and or oats hit the bottom of the bowl, it made a sound like that of bones shattering. She would then sit, and eat her breakfast.

Day by day, Silver Spoon went down the dirt path towards the school house, that path, worn by the many hoof prints of ponies before and after her, walking either to school, to work, to errands, or even to home in the never ending journey of civilization. She would look around and see the flowers, or the animals, or occasionally another pony, upon rarer occasions other students. She liked walking alone, not that she had anypony to talk to anymore.

Day by day, she would remember the incident that had happened that one dark day a couple months ago. She and Diamond Tiara had always been best of friends, or so she thought. Silver Spoon genuinely cared about Diamond Tiara, always there by her side to comfort her when she was downtrodden, like at the end of her Cutesinera after the Cutie Mark Crusaders had upstaged her.

Day by day, Silver Spoon sacrificed her own moral values of being kind to others, to make Diamond Tiara happy and "proud" to be her friend. She hated herself for being such a bully, she hated it so much. She would rip herself apart on the inside to try and make up for the damage she had done to others.

Day by day, after that one day, when Silver Spoon dozed off while Diamond Tiara's Father, Filthy Rich, was giving his presentation on Ponyville Economy, one she had heard over a million times before, then clapped for Granny Smith's amazing history story, Diamond Tiara had been searching under the radar for "cooler" friends

Day by day, Silver Spoon had to live with the fact that Diamond Tiara thought of her as disposable, weak, useless, and lame. Though Silver Spoon had sacrificed almost everything, no she DID sacrifice everything for Diamond Tiara. She went against her morals, she ruined every possibility of making other friends by following along with Diamond Tiara's nasty attitude, she deprived herself of sleep and apatite with her nightmares and depression, her parents seemed to trust her less and less, among other unsolvable problems.

Day by day Silver Spoon would make her walk to school and sit in her desk, ignoring the stares of the other students and blocking out their whispered conversations.

Day by day she would endure the silent taunting from Diamond Tiara and her new "friends" from across the room.

Day by day she would zone out during Cheerilee's never ending and dull lessons.

Day by day she would fail assignment after assignment.

Day by day she would lose interest in everything.

Day by day she would think about the end.

Day by day she would...

Day by day she...

Day by day...

Day by day...

Day...by...day...