• Published 29th Feb 2012
  • 1,020 Views, 7 Comments

An Old Stallion's Story - Icer



An old stallion recounts his life, and the accident that brought him to Equestria.

  • ...
2
 7
 1,020

External Recollections One

External Recollections One


From the personal journal of Ordered Quill, personal assistant to the Princess Luna, on his thoughts and reaction to the arrival of John Q. Blake:

What an exciting night! This was certainly not something that I was expecting to happen during the Princess’ court tonight, a new creature! Something that nopony has ever seen before, and dare I say that he is quite the alien. I would say that the best description of him would be a Diamond Dog, however that would be fairly inaccurate as well. He was (yes, I say a he, it was quite easy to tell from the way that he looked, as well as from the beard on his face.) much taller than any diamond dog, and not as gangly. His arms… his arms were thin, and looked to be rather fragile, though I’d wager a guess to say that looks can be deceiving, especially in this case!

His legs were much longer than any diamond dogs as well, it looked like he would be able to stand up on two hooves quite easily. And the lack of fur! It was as though someone has sheered it all off! But, that isn’t to say that he was bald. There was definitely fur there, even on his arms! It just wasn’t as though there was no hair; just that the hair that was there was very thin and roughly distributed.

And his clothing! I have never seen such an interesting assortment of clothing ever, and that jacket that came through the portal that he was wearing? Such a strange texture and color, I must say that I have never seen or felt anything like that before. All the seams, stitching, and even the weaving was so uniform and perfect, I’d say that even many unicorn seamstresses would have trouble replicating it!

Still, despite all of that… he is rather off-putting if I may say so myself. There’s something about him that has got me on edge whenever I’m looking at him, around him, or am thinking about him. It’s probably nothing, but something about this… creature has got me scared, even though he doesn’t seem to bother Princess Luna at all.

The movement of the things that came with him down to the vault went well, even though the Princess was very demanding and requested utmost secrecy in the matter. I don’t really see why, as word will get around about this thing quick enough, especially as it happened during the night court! I don’t think that this veil of secrecy that she has attempted to create will last more than a week, if that.

This is going to bring about some interesting changes, I just know it. Even if he’s the only one, even if it’s only small things. Equestria will be changed forever.


Author's Note:
Yes, I realize that this is pretty small, but it's an idea that I've been toying around with in my head for a little bit, and I think that I may do more. Or I may remove this one and not do anymore depending on the reception to it. I need your input on this matter!

Secondly, I apologize again for my slow performance in getting the next official chapter out, I've been having some issues with the writing of the chapter and I refuse to put out a shoddy product, hopefully when I finish it you will all enjoy that chapter!

Thank you your time, and I apologize for the briefness of this segment.

- Icer