• Published 29th Feb 2012
  • 10,059 Views, 739 Comments

Rising Sun - Jet Howitzer



OC(2nd person) is introduced to Equestria, and finds new friends, and enemies

  • ...
29
 739
 10,059

Chapter 30: The Farm, and a Visitor

(Shorter chapter this time. Enjoy.)

You slowly return to the world of wakefulness, and you feel the comforting warmth of Pinkie’s embrace. With an almost painful slowness you open your eyes, and you look at Pinkie’s sleeping form. There is a small smile painted on her face, and you feel a smile come to your own. You carefully extricate yourself from her grasp, and you exit the bedroom. You walk down the short hallway until you find yourself in the kitchen. Roxy is there, and she doesn’t notice you at first. She’s busy cooking some breakfast, and you are hesitant to make her aware of your presence. Before you can make a move to leave, though, she turns and looks at you.

“I know what you did last night, Storm. While I don’t approve, I can’t stop you from doing it.” She takes a step closer to you, and you can see a glint in her eyes. “But if you ever hurt my daughter, I will find you. She’s been through too much to be hurt by someone so close to her.”

“Don’t worry, Mrs. Pie. I have no intention of hurting her in any way.” Her eyes soften considerably, and she actually gives you a smile.

“I believe you. After all, you promised that Pinkie and Clyde would make up before he died, and whatever you told him it worked.” She returns to her cooking, but she continues talking to you. “Why don’t you go wake Pinkamena, and we can all have some breakfast together?”

“Alright. I’ll go wake her now.” And so you turn and head back down the hall to the guest room. You pass by a different room first, though, and you can’t help but look in. It’s much more colorful than any other room in the house, so you can only assume it was Pinkie’s before she left. You take a step in, and you can immediately tell that this room is filled with sadness. Somehow the lack of use seems to exude from every part of the room. Were it not for the lack of dust you would think that nopony has been in the room since Pinkie left.

You spot a book sitting on the small desk, and you move over to it to investigate. You are shocked to see that it is Pinkie’s diary. A part of you wants to read it, but at the same time you know that it would be a massive invasion of her privacy. You pick up the diary, but you don’t open it. You put it back down on the desk and you look around the room once again, and you turn to leave. Standing in the doorway is Pinkie, with a smile on her face.

“Whatcha doin in my old room?”

“Oh, hey Pinkie. I was just looking around some. I noticed it while I was coming to wake you for breakfast, and I just wanted to see it.” She nods, and then hops over to your side.

“Well, if its time for breakfast we should get going, shouldn’t we?” You both walk out of the room, and you can’t help but take another glance into the room.

Breakfast is short, but you enjoy it nevertheless. After breakfast Roxy looks first at you, and then Pinkie. “Pinkamena, I’m going to sell the farm.” She waits for a reaction from Pinkie, but when she doesn’t respond Roxy continues. “With your father gone there is no need for me to keep it, since I can’t take care of it by myself. I’ve been looking at buying a small home in Ponyville, and I wanted to know what you’d think of that?”

“I’d like that. With you closer I’d have somepony else to talk to when I’m feeling sad, and you’d be another pony to celebrate the good times with as well.” She gets up from her chair, and moves next to her mother, before embracing her. “I’d really like it if you moved to Ponyville.”

“Then I’ll do that once I sell this farm. Now, I want you to head home, and continue living your life. I don’t want to see you sad anymore, and this place only makes you sad.” Pinkie breaks the hug, and nods. Pinkie closes the hug once more, and she says something to her mother that you can’t quite make out. You begin to feel awkward waiting for the hug to end, so you slowly, and quietly, exit the room. You take a seat in the living room, and wait for them to finish.

A few minutes later, and Roxy comes into the room. “Pinkamena is grabbing a few things from her room, so she’ll be ready to leave in just a few minutes. Now, I have some things I’d like to talk to you about.” You motion to one of the other couches, and Roxy takes a seat.

“I’ll tell you whatever I can, Mrs. Pie.”

“What is your interest in Pinkamena?” A big one right off the bat?

“I’m a close friend of hers. I only came to Ponyville a short while ago, but I managed to find a friend in Pinkie, and a couple of her other friends as well. All of them seem to like me, so I’m trying to get to know all of them better. I don’t think of any of them romantically, yet, but I know that at some point I will have to break some of their hearts. I just don’t know how I’m going to do it.”

“Well, you seem to have your hooves full.” She has a smirk on her face as she says this, and you feel a blush rise to your cheeks. “But you are being careful with all of them? You really care for each of them?”

“Yes. No matter what happens I don’t think that I’ll ever really be able to get over them. The act of choosing one of them, over the others, is probably going to be one of the hardest choices I’m going to make.”

“Follow your heart, and you will never go astray.” Her small smirk turns into a smile, and you return it.

“I wish my heart would make up its mind, then.”

“That aside, Pinkamena tells me that you acted the hero not long ago?”

“I wouldn’t say I was a hero, I just saved some fillies from a storm. It wasn’t really to big a deal. I hope that anypony would do what I did if they could.” She chuckles a bit.

“Modesty doesn’t work on you.”

“I’m ready to go, Storm.” Pinkie walks in, and you turn to look at her. She’s got some saddlebags, and you can tell that they are all full of her stuff.

“All right, you two. Get home safe, and be sure to write me until I get to my new home.” Pinkie and her mother embrace one last time, and then the two of you leave the farm. You walk in silence for most of the trip, simply enjoying each others company. You arrive in Ponyville without incident, and amazingly without a word passing between the two of you.

You pass by Sugarcube Corner as you walk through town, and Pinkie stops in front of the small sweets shop. “I’m going to go and take care of some stuff now. I’ll be by later, if that’s okay.” Her tone was happy, but there was a layer of sadness hidden beneath it all. You knew that what she was going to do was likely painful, emotionally. You gave her a quick nuzzle, and you stepped back.

“Pinkie, my doors are always open to you, and any friend of yours. If you need me don’t hesitate to come by.” Pinkie nuzzles you neck back, and you just stand there for a moment, enjoying the feelings. After a moment Pinkie pulls back, and she begins to turn to enter the shop. “Wait, I forgot one thing.”

Pinkie turns to look at you, a confused look on her face. You dash in for a quick kiss, and then you give a powerful beat of your wings, and you take flight. You don’t look back as you lazily fly to your home. You take the time to admire the beauty of the clear blue skies, and you feel at peace with the world. Deep down you know that it’s just a matter of time, but for now you don’t much care.

Your ears perk up just a tiny bit, and you hear the faint thumping of wings. You look around, and yet you can’t spot another pegasus anywhere. There’s nopony in the air, and yet I hear the sound of wings. Wait… I’m flying, not on the ground. Above and below are options… You cast a glance down, and are treated with a beautiful view of Ponyville from the sky. As you turn your gaze upwards, though, you are rewarded with the sight of Rainbow Dash hurtling towards you. I just wanted to relax…

With a snap of your wings you twist to the side just in time to dodge Rainbow. She hurtles past you, and quickly alters her trajectory. You shake a hoof towards her, and in you best imitation of a crotchety old man you shout at her, “You damn kids! Slow it down!”

Rainbow’s eyes widen at this, and she barely manages to contain her laughter as she struggles to maintain a level flight. You glide over to her, and you can start to make out her words. “Don’t… Don’t make me laugh like that… Not while I’m flying.”

“Don’t dive bomb me, and I won’t make you laugh. Deal?” You offer her a hoof, and you have a huge grin plastered on your face.

“Deal.” She slowly recovers from her laughing fit, and then she looks at you. “Now, the reason I was coming at you was because I have some awesome news to share. You know how I like Daring Doo, right?” You just nod. “Well, she came here. To Ponyville!”

“Wow, really? Was she doing a book signing, or something?” Rainbow just shakes her head.

“No, she came here to meet you! I don’t know how, but she came here wanting to speak with you. When I saw her at your house I was so excited that I never asked why, but I know that she’s at Twilight’s place now. So let’s go!”

As she finishes she angles into a steep dive, and she heads for Twilight’s home. Maybe she heard about the fact that I saved the Crusaders. Or… I don’t know. Well, no time like the present to find out. You began your own dive towards the library, your mind racing.

(There may be some mistakes. If so, let me know. Otherwise I'll see you next chapter!)